Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Smile Im a Newbie!!

Hey everyone...Well I'm 22 and i have never struggled with my weight until the past year or so. Weight has been an issue with the women in my family as long as I can remember...My mom has been on diet after diet lost weight and gained it all back over and over again. My grandmother is on the brink of bein moridly obese. I was always thin and never worried about what I ate or working out. I got my first office job in January of 2009, since then I have gained around 35 pounds. I went from being a size 4/6 to be a 10/12...I'm sure a lot of you are thinking that that's not a big deal, but it is. I wanna break this cycle, I wanna be healthy so that my children don't have to watch me go through what I have watched my family go through. So this is the beginning of my journey. Last week I joined a gym...last night was my first session with my personal trainer...I'm in a slow process of starting a low calorie diet...Soooo I am so glad I found this forum and I am so excited to share my experience with other women going through the same thing I am!!!

-Jennifer-
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 303/264/175

Height: 6'

Welcome, I too am new here. Unlike you, I have been overweight my whole life, even as an active child. It does not matter how long you have struggled with it, it is a struggle and we can all get there together. Good luck!
Anginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #3  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Height: 5'5

Goodluck! You can break this cycle girl!!!
chubbyteenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'8

Hi, I am new here as well. I am like you, I did not struggle with my weight as a child and thought as you did, that I could eat whatever I wanted and it wouldn't catch up to me. Well after my second child I gained quite a bit and never did anything to lose it. You sound like your off to a great start and I wish you luck!
USMC Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/162/130

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean about wanting to break the cycle. My mom has had weight problems for decades and it's taken such a toll on her health. I want to be able to model healthy habits for my kids when I have them someday. It's really cool that you're turning it around for yourself. Good luck!
Lexalicious51201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the support ladies...today starts week 2 of my diet and workout plan...im already a little tired of it...but im not quitting...
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote