Old 02-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #1  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Traveling for work

I'm one of those who is usually derailed by events, so I am trying to get into the habit of planning well enough that this doesn't happen anymore. This trip is simply an overnight to another town (campus). I'll be working in the afternoon and the evening.

- I had a good breakfast.
- I packed exercise clothing, including a swimsuit since there's a pool. I made sure that the hotel has exercise facilities before I booked it.
- Packed 3 bottles of water and some healthy snacks
- Plan to eat a heavier (healthy) lunch and lighter dinner (probably salad) - checked out restaurants, but this might get changed a little if someone wants to hobnob
- and all the regular packing and such is done.

Did I miss anything major?
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #2  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and an excellent plan! I tend to easily get derailed by circumstances, too. What about making sure that you have time to get to the gym? If you're traveling with colleagues, will you be sharing a car? Will that hinder your ability to make wise decisions?

Good luck to you! You sound very well prepared!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Think about breakfast for the following morning. I always look into whether I can get a refrigerator in the room & whether I'll have access to a coffee maker. (Because you can use it to heat up water for oatmeal.) I bring with me a small nonfat yogurt, a home-made muffin & a half, a tiny container of almond butter, and some fruit. That could be a grapefruit, some cut-up cantaloupe (easily purchased at many grocery stores or delis) or berries. If I leave behind anything, I leave the fruit -- you can usually get fresh cut-up fruit at breakfast buffets or, at prohibitive prices, from room service.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #4  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Okay, the driving part is done (that was my greatest worry- roads in Alaska in the wintertime are always a bit chancy) with little excitement.

Wildlife tally: spruce hen, moose cow & calf, lots of eagles, and...to my surprise and delight...a bunch of swans. Good drive.

smart me went and left the fruit and water on the kitchen table. After much grimacing and growling, I took myself into a convenience store for water and fruit. I hate convenience stores - to me they are the consummate gathering place for evil foods.

Am traveling alone, so that part is a non-issue. I do have time for exercise - at worst it'll be 7:30 when I'm done tonight, and with no family responsibilities my evening is blissfully free. I could work out in the morning, too - that would be a REAL novelty.

I didn't think to bring breakfast for tomorrow (a lesson learned). The continental breakfast has cereals, yogurt, and fruit, so between those things I should be okay. If I don't like it, I'll sneer, feel righteous, and drive up the road to Safeway. Good - plan in place.

thank you!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote