Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default It kind of makes you feel sorry for new people...

So I just read in a thread that one of us (not mentioning any names) got weepy in the underwear section today. That made me laugh because I just had a good cry over my cuddle duds not fitting. I'm between freaking sizes again and ill-fitting long underwear when it's four below just doesn't cut it!

Then I got thinking about how just a day or two ago we were all praying for another person (again, no names) to poop. All for one and one for all, weren't we? All aboard the poop train!

Then another member (never mind - you all know what goes here) posts that although she is at goal and has worked her butt off to get there, she isn't comfortable with that fact yet. And the half of us are at goal tell her, "yep, I felt odd then, too".

What are the poor new people going to think of us? These strange women share TMI on a regular basis and then, after losing some weight, they sit around and cry in a group!

Hope no is offended... I just think we're all a little crazy. And I'm very glad to be crazy with such a great group of people!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh for sure we're all a *little* crazy, me more so than most!

But this IS a place where we all get to share and talk about these issues. We can't do that at home. This is the perfect outlet for all of that - stuff. And I'm grateful to have it.

I would hope that newbies would be warmed by all the closeness and open-ness and honesty. Hopefully we won't scare too many of them off with that open-ness and and they'll want to jump right on in and be a part of it.

Knowledge is power and we DO share a lot of knowledge and experiences and hopefully they can arm themselves with the info.

To all the new guys and the lurkers peeking in - come on in, pull up a chair and get comfy. This is a great place to be.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-10-2010 at 06:45 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

you know what.. I think the TMI is what makes it so great! I'm not really new... but I havent been a regular because I joined while I was pregnant... but just knowing others are ok talking about such person things helps others who are new know that its not just them! It is wonderful!
JennLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #4  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I don't believe that what others think is TMI is actually TMI! Poop, pee, periods are a part of life for us all! What's the big deal anyway? It's natural!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

besides- who else are we going to talk to about this stuff? our husbands?! those friends who secretly want us to fail? pffft.

lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #6  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

So true, so true. I love the TMI stuff, mainly because I can relate to most of it, and it's nice knowing I'm not the only one going with all these wacky issues.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #7  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Seeing all the TMI stuff is something I really appreciate. It's such a relief to find out, after years and years of shame and isolation, that so many of the things I experienced are not uncommon. I didn't get here until well into my weight loss journey, and I spent a lot of that time NOT talking about it, beyond vague generalities when people asked about it, because, really, I don't think, unless you've actually been morbidly obese, or are exceptionally empathetic, you can really UNDERSTAND what it's like, and what it takes to change it.

The people here do understand, and I will gladly read their TMI posts, and empathize, and share what I can. I can definitely see your point, though, because we do talk about some weird stuff.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

LOL, I work with mostly women and it's the same way in my office. Yesterday I walked in wearing a new skirt that I wasn't 100% sure about, and I said, "You guys, is this too tight on my butt?" To which I got immediate, serious responses, with no shock at all about my question. I do feel sorry for the one guy in our department, but that's what he gets for being a straight man in a library.

What I mean to say is, wherever women gather, the oversharing will commence. It's only a matter of time!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Yes....we do tend to talk about our issues. It's so wonderful to have a place where it's OK.

I kinda feel sorry for Matt - he has 'listen' to alot of girl stuff.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #10  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
Yes....we do tend to talk about our issues. It's so wonderful to have a place where it's OK.

I kinda feel sorry for Matt - he has 'listen' to alot of girl stuff.
Its okay. I'm used to it by now
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I have definitely shared things here that I haven't been able to tell anyone IRL. I think that is a major, major part of why people here have such a good success rate! We all need at least one place where we have the freedom to be as honest as we need to be.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Too funny when you put it all together ilke that. That's great!

I too am grateful for the TIMI posts. Where else would I learn about it? My mother told me about the birds and the bees and then immediately told me to never tell my dad I knew. I spent my entire teenage years hiding any evidence that I'd grown up, burying anything I needed to throw away in the bottom of the trash can...or in my LUGGAGE if we happened to be in a hotel so no one needed to see it in the bathroom trash. For goodness sakes, that's wrong!!

Forums have made me much more comfortable with the fact that I am a woman.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #13  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I think it's wonderful that we can share such personal stuff and know that other people will understand.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I live in an all male household, in the middle of the country, in a male dominate community. Most of the woman are on the "Tom-boyish" side and the gay guys are all pretty much in the closet... I would absolutely go insane if I didn't have 3FC to talk about my TMI problems! 3FC is always in my daily devotions!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I have definitely shared things here that I haven't been able to tell anyone IRL. I think that is a major, major part of why people here have such a good success rate! We all need at least one place where we have the freedom to be as honest as we need to be.
Well said! I agree 100%.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote