Old 02-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Red face Re-introducing myself as a Newb...

Hi all. I've been a member of this site for years now, though I tend to come and go (in pattern with my yo-yo dieting pattern). In 2008, I lost 52lbs on Weight Watchers, and I felt amazing. It was the first time I'd ever had a success with the scale, and I was so proud of myself. Then, the 2008 holidays came and my plan sort of went... and I put back on 15lbs by mid-February when the shame became too much for me and I finally dragged myself back into a WW meeting.

I swore I'd never do it again. And I took off those 15lbs and a few more just in time for my wedding in June 2009.

Since then, I've been very lax with my diet and exercise. I trained for my second half marathon in October, but after that I haven't done any sort of exercise at all. And, of course, as the holidays came, I sort of just ate whatever I wanted and now... I'm 20-25lbs heavier than I was at the wedding, just 8 months ago. ::sigh::

So, I'm here again, trying to come up with a healthy way of changing myself (not my body, but my whole self).

I'm challenged right now because my husband and I are in the midst of a major home renovation and we don't have a kitchen at all (no appliances, no cabinets, no anything except a big empty room). We don't even have a refrigerator/freezer in which to store frozen meals, etc. So, since December we've had nothing but microwave meals that you can simply add water and heat up. It makes it difficult to make healthy choices.

I am still a member of a gym, however, and I plan to begin taking real advantage of that.

My goals are (in no particular order):
1.) Lose at least 50lbs from where I am now. That would put me right at the cusp of being in the "healthy" BMI range.
2.) Lower my blood pressure. I was so proud of how low it was just a little while ago.
3.) Breathe easier doing the things that I love, like skiing and hiking. It's no fun to go out and do these things with my husband when I'm huffing and puffing. It's embarrassing!
4.) Get myself healthy (not just thin) so that I lower my risk of complications with pregnancy.
5.) Be kinder to myself. This is the most important one.

Anyway, I just wanted to re-introduce myself and say that I've always been inspired by the amazing women (and men) who frequent these boards. I hope to be able to join you in the upcoming months!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Welcome sweetie! Congrats. to u for doing something about the weight now! U don't want to be where I'm at and having to lose 148lbs to be at a healthy BMI. No use crying over spilled milk, right. U can do it. Try the South Beach Diet, it's worked wonders for me!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #3  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your words of welcome and encouragement! I'm never sure I'm on the right board, but this place feels more like home than any other. I have somewhere between 50 and 100lbs to lose, so I hope I fit in here.

Best of luck to you with your goals!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #4  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotigergirl View Post
Thank you for your words of welcome and encouragement! I'm never sure I'm on the right board, but this place feels more like home than any other. I have somewhere between 50 and 100lbs to lose, so I hope I fit in here.

Best of luck to you with your goals!
So glad you are back girlfriend... I agree this board does feel like home!!! Hope we get to know each other.. and keep each other on track!!!
PS............You have a beautiful name!!!
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back! I've come and gone a few times myself, but I never do well when I leave. I think I've learned my lesson this time...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back!!! Also, thanks for your supportive post in response to the thread I started earlier!

I look forward to hearing all about your successes!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5.5"

Welcome back. Your focus on health seems perfect. It will help you succeed. I love hiking too! It is great exercise and motivation.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So glad you posted. You have great goals...especially being kind to yourself. I always say to treat yourself as well as you'd treat a friend.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote