Momentum / Flex - Momentum/Flex Chatterbox [Feb-Apr 2010]

zanheltangia
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Round two! ;)

How is everyone doing? It's been rather quiet lately, & I for one would love some updates!

Now that the winter holidays are over, and with valentine's day just around the corner, I hope everyone has managed to either stay or get back on track.

I admit that I've fumbled with my exercise goals in January, but I plan on joining a gym before the last week of this month. Having access to treadmills and a bike while not having to face the elements will most likely get me back and working on my exercise goals. And learning to do a bit of weight lifting sure won't hurt! Small steps. I'll get there.

Sheena41
02-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I have been back on track for a couple of weeks now and it is finally showing. I have been back at the gym doing some walking (I had back surgery 7 weeks ago) and am slowly taking back off the weight I put on over the holidays and while I was not allowed to do anything after my surgery.

zanheltangia
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you are back on your feet. 7 weeks? Wow, you must be a good healer, I couldn't imagine.

boatingmommy
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Okay, was out of the loop for a couple of days...everyone sick here.:( Not fun!

Okay weighed in and got to log that loss of 1.5 pounds. :carrot: Not a big loss, but a loss all the same. I have kick boxing class tonight...maybe. STUPID SNOW!

Sheena, that's great that you are motivating yourself after being through surgery. Keep up the good work!:D

Zan, I need to change my routine up a little. I think I need to try some new excercises. I need to talk to my one girlfriend who has all this equipment at home that is not getting used. I think I'll cash in some friendship points and see if she'll let me start using them...I'm too broke for a gym membership right now.

We did book our trip to Disney World (hense the brokeness...brokness???Not a word, I know). We are going on May 14th...so there's the motivation to get at least 10 more pounds off. I'm going to have to buy shorts since I weighed 186 last summer. Yep, there goes more money. :dizzy:

Well, all you ladies have a wonderful day!

zanheltangia
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Boatingmommy, I'd be the one offering to make sure all the equipment still works by routinely testing them out. And maybe adding in that I'll dust them off for her in trade. ;)

I think I need to sit down and recalculate everything I've got to eat again. I just recalculated a torilla and it went from my fictional 0pts to the harsh fact of 2pts. Ow! But now I know that I also do better when I eat a few extra points over the daily amount. Live and learn, I suppose, :dizzy:

SissieSue
02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Hi, everyone! ::waves ::

I'm plugging along, and not doing too bad with the eating part of the plan. I've managed a loss every week, so I must be doing something right. BUT, my gym visits have dropped off since the semester started. I just can seem to fit it in (I know that's no excuse, but I'm a little overwhelmed).

The weekend is almost here, though, so at least I'll get two gym visits in. Plus, Monday is technically a holiday here, so maybe I'll even get three visits.

Any of you buried in snow? I keep reading about it online, but here in the high desert of Montana, we've just got the cold -- not much of the white stuff.

boatingmommy
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Howdy gals! I did a pretty good job eating today...stayed way away from the sweet tooth cravings...PMS and hating every minute of it!

Zan, my girlfriend's son has been extremely sick for a while and I don't know that I'll get over there to use that equipment anytime soon. She's pretty stressed right now.:(

Did my kick boxing class on Monday, but yesterday was feeling yucky (probably caught the tail end of what my family had last week)...so I went and took a nap for about an hour following dinner instead of excercising. Trying to work up the desire to hit the Turbo Jam tonight. I know, I WILL!!!:exercise:

Sissie: Snow here is at a minimum around the Illinois side of St. Louis. The streets have cleared, but the yard has some drifts and banks. COLD!!!! Waking up to the mid teens. YUCK...I HATE WINTER!!!

My hubby and I are going with friends to the St. Louis Outdoor Living and Boat show this weekend. They fill the Edward Jones dome (where the St. Louis Rams play football) full of boats and outdoor stuff. We have a big pontoon, and most of our friends have boats. This is one of my biggest motivators for losing the weight. I'm tired of looking like a hog on the boat.

Okay, better drag my butt into the other room and do some "Jammin"! Hope everyone had some successes today!:)

zanheltangia
02-12-2010, 08:55 AM
One plus to Florida, no snow! Though the summer heat is the worst if you have to work outside. Luckily I'm an office gal, not so lucky when it comes to getting up and moving around though.

That stinks that the boy is sick! That's always stressful for moms. Just got to wish the boy well and ask a bit later.
Did you beat off the yuck yourself? There must be something going around where you are, it reads like everyone is coming down with something.

I'm with you on the weekend gym visit, SissieSue, I'm signing up after I move on Wednesday and I can't wait. All this sitting around is driving me batty!

boatingmommy
02-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Good morning! Up and at em this morning! Going to work out first thing so that it's done...then I don't have to worry about working out after work. I think that I've kicked whatever bug I was feeling on Wed. Just a bunch of sinus yuck now, but not feeling like "night of the living dead" like I was.

Florida...love it! We have got our trip planned to Disney World for May. Can't wait. 13 weeks from tomorrow, to be exact. I agree Zan...wouldn't want to be there in mid July. The heat and humidity is too extreme for me. :cool:

My girlfriends sons has been diagnosed has having Celiac's disease. He can no longer eat wheat products. He has had an obstructed bowel and was hospitalized for a week and has now missed about 5 weeks of school total this year. He's a freshman in high school...and it's a big time bummer for him. But at least now they know what's been causing all the problems and it can be controlled with diet.

SissieSue, I see that your weight is just about where I am at. You said you've been losing steadily. What kind of things are you eating...anything special that you'd like to share?

Well, off to excercise...then working from home today. Everyone have a wonderful Friday!:D

SissieSue
02-12-2010, 04:27 PM
BoatingMommy -- I've been eating mostly things from the grain/legume family, which I know doesn't work for everyone. I certainly don't have any secrets :-)

On a typical week day, my meals look something like this:

Breakfast: 2 pieces high fiber, low-cal bread; 1 tbs. peanut butter (or, if I have extra time, I'll make an egg beaters egg disk with laughing cow lite "cheese" and eat it on the bread. It's the same amount of points, either way).

Lunch: Usually, the same as breakfast (pathetic, I know).

Snack: 1/2 Cliff Builder Bar OR 2 Frigo Lite String Cheese; Zero point soup

Dinner: 1 - 2 cups bean & veggie soup/stew (I make my own, mainly using recipes from Lorna Sass's _Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure. On Sundays, I made a big batch of soup/stew and then eat it all week). This week was Louisiana Red Beans and Rice week, so last night for dinner, I had 1 cup of Louisiana Red Beans + 1 cup rice + zero point veggies.

Dessert/night snack: Piece of fruit + popcorn

Sometimes, I'll skip the rice with the beans and add an egg for more protein. If I have points left over, I'll add a fat to one of my meals (or have a beer). I have to admit, I'm not super great about getting in milk (I hate it), but I do take a calcium supplement, and I like fat-free Greek Yogurt, so I eat that sometimes.

When I earn activity points, I use them on treats -- a small brownie or real potato chips (YUM!).

My body tends to shed weight if I stick to a lower-fat vegetarian-ish diet. I've tried to lose with a high-protein, low-fat diet and it just never worked for me.

I'm curious, BoatingMommy: what's your typical food-plan for the average day? I sometimes feel like I'm getting in a rut, but I hate to change it up since it's been working pretty well.

Have you been losing pretty steadily (you've made great progress)? I keep waiting to hit those weeks where I just don't lose much at all (I hate those!)

zanheltangia
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I think that with the boy being older it should be easier for him to commit to a different diet. Especially when he realizes how much better it feels to knock out some of those terrible symptoms. Well, that's me hoping at least, teens are hard to predict. ;)

Tex
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Went to my first meeting yesterday morning and got the shock of my life when I stepped on the scale... did not see that coming. Oh well, that was the last time I will ever see that number!

Looking forward to going again on Saturday and seeing what has changed. :)

zanheltangia
02-14-2010, 07:27 PM
:hug: Glad to have you, Tex!

Yeah, the first Weigh In can be a shocker for some of us, but don't focus too hard on those numbers. You'll start dropping and figuring out what needs to be done to get that weight off.

:D

boatingmommy
02-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Tex...the hardest part is just making the initial commitment...and that first weigh in isn't so easy. But stick to your guns, and make some changes...then you'll see the benefits!:hug:

Got my new Turbo Jam 2 video today. Did it tonight and LOVED IT! I need someone to pump me up:carrot:...without being super annoying. Okay, so maybe she is a little annoying...but I still enjoyed it.

Committed to losing 6 pounds in the next 5 weeks. Gonna give up my Anheuser bush products for a couple of weeks. :( We've been doing too much partying lately...weddings, anniversary parties, Daytona Party (Yep, Got me one of THOSE husbands). Not that I drink alot, but even a couple of beers if you don't have the extra points can keep you from losing.

Sissy - You asked me about my diet. I try and eat anything that I would normally...just not as much.

Breakfasts - Granola cookie or bowl of cereal with 1 cup skim milk and a fruit.

Lunchs - Healthy choice meals (they have weight watcher points of box) or progresso soups or a salad with lots of veggies and 2 tbs of dressing (light done right taste best to me...I refuse to do fat free..YUCK!)

Dinner - whatever I make for my family...a pork chop, roast beef or chicken...I just make sure I measure out 3 or 4 ounces. Then I have a large helping of veggies...staying away from the starches.

Snacks - almonds, fruits, granola bars (my favorite is Orville Redenbacher smart pop 100 cal bags ..1 pt.!)

Since I like my sweets, I bought some Weight watchers ice cream novelties. There are a couple different ones with only 1 or 2 pts a piece.

Hope that helps. I couldn't be as diciplined as you are dieting...I think I would give up too easily. But you have to do what works for you...and NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS!!! (except for maybe birthday cake:o LOL!!!

You all take care....and post soon!:dizzy:

zanheltangia
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth since last Tuesday.
I've been without internet access since mid-last week, which is both nice and a pain in the tush. I feel like I should be standing up in front of a group of people and saying, "My name is zanheltangia, and I have an internet addiction..." ;) I just figure that when I get it back I'll have all these updates to click through, so it isn't that bad.

So, this is good practice for when I no longer have eTools or WWs online. I've been writing my points in a small spiral notebook in my pantry and checking things with my WW tan/gray book and points slider and using my ww food scale. I went to a seafood resturant the day after my WI with my lil' sis', so this week will be a true test to see how I'll do once I stop paying for the WW's pass.

Party food can be tough, boatingmommy, but it sounds like you've got it together. :D

boatingmommy
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Zan - being without internet is a terrible thing! I felt disconnected to the world when our computer shot craps last summer. Seems like it is the only way I communicate with friends and distant relatives anymore.

Doing the WW without the computer will be harder, but you can do it. It sounds like you've got all the tools. Seafood sounds good for once. YUM! Crab legs! The bad thing is the butter...evil butter! :devil:Since Lent has started every Friday around here there are 100 fish frys. None of it is good for you cause it is deep fried...probably in rendered pig fat for all I know. Going to have to stay away from that as much as possible.

Okay, I weighed in this morning. No change. I only had two Bud Select 55's the whole weekend. What a bummer! And I did my Turbo Jam both Saturday and Sunday! Well, I think I need to take my measurements...maybe that is changing when the scale isn't.

I did have a fabulous time buying some shorts for my upcoming trip to Disney World. Last summer all my shorts were size 18...I bought four pairs of size 12....happy dance!!!! I actually cried in the dressing room a little. I haven't worn a size 12 since before I met my husband back when I was in my mid twenties. TAKE THAT YOU STUPID FAT CELLS!!!!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....Have a great day!

zanheltangia
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah, with me it's portion size when it comes to meat. I could eat quite a few legs myself and never really wanted that butter. ;)

It hasn't really been that hard so far, either I have the Nutrition Information so I can use my slider or I already know the measurements and points for the fresh fruit and veggies. I figure that when I get my internet back and after I cancel, I'll be able to google point values for those I don't have information for. But that isn't for a while yet.

I made a chicken soup twice this weekend. Using some of the 'better than boulian' (sp?) in enough water to fill a bowl with some no-salt table seasoning and garlic from the fridge, cut up three ozs of precooked chicken breast and three green onion tube-thingies, and was set. It was pretty good. Far less salt than any soup I ever remember having, :D

That was a nice way to get my water in when all I had was chlorinated tap water to drink... ew. Give me well water any day! *laughs*

boatingmommy
02-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Yea!!! It's not my weigh in day, but jumped on the scale this morning and it was down to 154.5!!! Not sure how that happened...I jumped on and off a couple of times to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating. But the number was still there. :carrot:
Going to eat a bunch of fruits and veggies today...blew my points on a homemade blueberry (real berries) waffle this morning. Made them for my kiddo and stupid me thought I'd have one...should have checked the points before eating or I would have flung the fork away from me!:mad:

Everyone have a great day!

zanheltangia
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Congrats, Boatingmommy! That's awesome!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the waffle, sometimes it just is a huge shock to find out what the point value of what you just ate was. But then, I do the same and pick up some extra zero pt veggies for the day and keep moving. Weekly points help out too for that. ;) A waffle every once in a long while won't kill you, you're doing great!

boatingmommy
02-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Okie Dokie! It's finally Friday. Working from home today, trying to catch up on the end of the month paperwork. Had me a chicken salad wrap..very low fat and yummy! Washed it down with a 100 cal. chocolate teddy graham package...needed me some chocolate. :D

I drug out the swimsuit that I have been holding hostage for the past several years. I bought it about 5 years ago when I SAID I was going to lose the weight....what I DID was nothing. The suit is still in style...and it fits!!! With the exception of my thundering thighs I think I would feel comfortable wearing it. I really wish I could be placed on a rack (you know...the torturing kind) and stretched...just about 3-4 inches. Then I'd be smoking hot...hahaha! Okay, maybe not, but I think things would be much more proportionate. I've got to get those thighs slimmed down...they look like sausage casing with cottage cheese stuffing.:o Okay...Still making progress...Rome wasn't built in a day.

Happy Friday ladies!

zanheltangia
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I bet that moment had to be the best when you first slipped that sucker on! :D:carrot:

I think I'll stick to my tank swim top and boy's board shorts for a while, myself. :o Then again, I was never comfortable in a ladies suit.:p

boatingmommy
02-26-2010, 03:24 PM
You know I was just thinking...I need two signatures on this site. When I first started losing weight after the birth of my daughter I weighed 246 at her 6 weeks check-up. My highest weight. I managed to lose the first 60 pounds when she was about 4 years old, but stayed in the 180s, give or take ten pounds for the next 6 1/2 years. So, here I am again. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Tex
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
I love that I'm really looking forward to my meeting tomorrow. Last week was my second meeting and I had lost 4 lbs. I know it's a bit unreasonable, but I was hoping/expecting more. I was a tad disappointed until I thought about how much that really was. I'm hoping for more good news tomorrow, but because I don't feel like I'm deprived at all, I keep expecting that I'm going to actually gain weight - it's an odd psychological thing. Did any of you guys have that problem?

zanheltangia
03-01-2010, 09:32 AM
You could always throw another one in your sig, Boatingmommy, if it encourages you to keep on! :D Awesome work by the way, I couldn't imagine it with a youngin'.

Tex, I think the same way. I always equate the loss to that much butter or crisco... ew. :p That thought makes me keep working hard. :D Congrats on the 4lb loss!

I thought I'd gain my first week because of how much food I was eating (eating healthy, but still eating when I usually went without), but I lost as well. I think that feeling will settle down as you go through the next month. Okay?

I am really slacking when it comes to signing up at that gym. I keep blaming it on many things, but it's just pure laziness. I rather be gaming or reading than driving out there. I know once I get through the doors, it'll be easy, but it's that stupid drive. *facepalm*

ibcnuldu
03-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I totally suck at keeping up with this forum. I've been really busy with work, college, and family drama. The good news is I currently have two WW buddies! (My brother and sister.) I'm also down about 10 lbs now.

zanheltangia I know how you feel about the gym. But the drive isn't my excuse, I have one like 5 minutes around the corner from my house. lol

zanheltangia
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Ha! Guess what. I passed said gym on the way home after an even longer trip. I told myself that I didn't want my WW ice cream to melt. What a laugh! *smacks head about six or seven times*

Congrats on those 10lbs! :carrot: And you've converted family :devil: or is that corrupted? Awesome job! :D

Tex
03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Another 1.6 lbs gone (forever). I had a crazy week, so I was happy for the loss. I never went over my points, but I did eat out twice during the week (Mexican and Vietnamese) and felt a little guilty even though I was still within my allowed points. While at my meeting on Saturday I purchased a pedometer and the WW walk at home DVD, so I'm going to start adding more exercise to my routine. I have to say, I am really loving Weight Watchers so far and I don't think I can say that about any other program I've ever tried.

Now can it just warm up already so I can use the pool??? :p

zanheltangia
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Congrats on that 1.6!

I was just thinking that myself with regards to our local beaches. *sigh*
But seeing as I fry so well in the sun, I usually go out in a colored T-Shirt with my men's board shorts or loose pants. I love to splash but not to burn :mad:

:cool:

mageorge
03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Help! I am new to weight watchers as of January, not in "officially", bought the kit from e-bay. I was sticking to 19 points, the amount I had figured out for my weight and height, and I did lose about 7 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then all of the sudden, I gained 4 pounds. I did absolutely nothing different except exercising for 15 to 30 minutes more a night, for a total of 60 to 90 minutes. I did not eat the 35 weekly points, or the activity points. I am so discouraged. Someone suggested that I was not eating enough to support my activity level. I have added 5 more points to my day this week but I am so incredibly scared that I am going to gain a bunch of weight. I would appreciate any guidance/advice you all might be able to give me. Thanks in advance!

zanheltangia
03-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Do try eatting some of those weekly points, it's trial and error at first, but don't freak out! You can do this. :hug:

Oh, and make sure you are getting those healthy guidelines in and drinking all your water.

Tex
03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Oh yes, I am fair-skinned and will fry under the sun as well. I also use the t-shirt method and generously apply sunscreen to all exposed areas. The t-shirt not only helps protect my skin, but it also helps protect the eyes of anyone looking my direction since the sun reflecting off my skin would be enough to blind anyone!

Come on summer!

zanheltangia
03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
:D I think that's a superpower of mine, blinding thighs! Now if only there was a healthy way of getting rid of a mild farmer's tan. :(

Tex
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I weighed in this morning and was stunned to find that I had lost 7lbs this past week. I think it's all attributable to my increased exercise and I'm hoping that seeing a scale victory will help keep me motivated! After the meeting last week I bought the WW walk-at-home DVD and I've done it almost every day. It's really a pretty good little workout and I can do it from the comfort of my living room - underneath the ceiling fan!

How's things going for you guys?

zanheltangia
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Congrats, Tex! That is amazing! :eek:

I'm doing fine, I managed to stay well within plan this weekend at my folks.

Tex
03-08-2010, 09:13 AM
That's quite an accomplishment, Zan. I'm still relatively new to this, so I've been sticking close to home food-wise. To be honest I'm a little afraid of venturing out too far due to temptation and such... :devil:

mattraces5
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone! I started WW meetings on February 1st and to date I have lost 8 lbs! :carrot: I weigh in on Mondays and am a little scared to do so tonight. I went wild on Saturday and ate just about everything in sight :dizzy:. My TOM arrived (no wonder that happened!), but oh well, after that little episode, I got myself back on track! Hooray! So, we'll see how much of a loss I'll have tonight....keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for me! Hope everyone has a great day!

boatingmommy
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Sorry gals, I've been out of the loop due to computer troubles. Back on board.

Working on my own 4 weeks till Easter Challenge. I want to lose 4 pounds a week before Easter. I know that's only 4 pounds, but there is so much coming up that I want to lose the weight for. You know April showers bring May flowers...and swimsuit season. I'm thinking about hanging the swimsuit I am hoping to wear from the front of the fridge. Doesn't really match the decor, but might keep me from open the door so often.:p

Went jog/walking last night. I have a girlfriend who has started jogging/running. I have always admired those people...but don't know that I can be them. I'm more into stolling than running. :running: We have a couple of joggers in town...and I am always amazed to see that there is no bear chasing them. They just run because they can....don't get it. Anyways, I thought I might try building up my jogging skills so I went to the track at the park. I ran half a lap, then walked half for about 2 1/2 miles. Don't know that running will ever by my forte, but I might try. I didn't die, so that's encouraging.

Zan and Tex~ I am convinced that the whole weird weather phenomenon was caused when I went to the Bahamas in January. All that sun glaring off my pasty, pail body had to cause a shift in the atmosphere, resulting in the bizarre weather most of the country has been experiencing.:o

Everyone have a great day! Stay the course!!!

zanheltangia
03-09-2010, 11:32 AM
:D You guys are great!

My work computer has been down since the start of the week, so odd!!

Other than that, I seem to be tracking along, but other than that, not doing much to further this weight loss. But once everything settles down a bit, I keep telling myself that I'd get moving again. ;)

The next maintain or gain will surely kick my butt back into gear! :o

zanheltangia
03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Congrats on your losses so far, mattraces5!

:bravo:

boatingmommy
03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Just read my previous post, I meant to say that I wanted to lose four pounds in four weeks...four pounds a week and I'd be dead. Actually, I am already down three pounds rights now. But this is Friday, I weigh in on Monday...gotta stay away from the brewskis!!! And it's St. Patty's weekend here in St. Louis. Big party, parade...Green Brewskis!!! :drinkup: But, going to do my damnedest to be a good girl. Only a couple of Bud Select 55 for this wish-I-was-Irish girl. Would love to post a loss of 3 pounds come Monday.

The scale wasn't moving for the longest time, so I made some changes...once again back to a fruit or veggie at every meal, and away from the "sweet tooth" items. Also went for a couple of jog/walks and worked in the yard since the weather has been outstanding here, FINALLY!

Hope you all are having a great week! Happy Friday!!!:goldpot:

zanheltangia
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Congrats on that three pounds, boatingmommy!

My mom has the same problem with her juice and vodka, too tempting for her, ;)

mattraces5
03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Boatingmommy, we both weigh in on Mondays! How'd ya do? I lost another 1.6 pounds to bring me up to a total of 10.8! I was so psyched! I did the victory dance after I weighed in! :carrot: (I really did dance just like this carrot!) It was pretty funny!

Hope you did well too! ;)

Nibs15
03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
I know what you mean boatingmommy. I gave alot of stuff up for Lent and haven't treated myself since. It's been 23 days now and I haven't ate any junk food like chips, bars, or pop. I haven't had any takeout, fried foods, or alcohol since then either...lol I'm saving myself for when I arrive in Cuba....LOL Hope everyone is having a great onplan week!!!!!:D

zanheltangia
03-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Speaking of Cuba, I just had the best black beans and rice at a Cuban restaurant here in Florida. mmmm. Guava and cream cheese... Okay, enough day dreaming of yummies! :o

Happy St Paddy's to y'all!
:patrick::goldpot::luck2you:

zanheltangia
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
:carrot:Woohoo!:carrot:

I am half of the way to my first major goal of weighing 214 lbs!

21 more pounds to go until I get there, :woohoo:

Happy Thursday everyone!

Nibs15
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Congrats zanheltangia!!!!! Congrats on meeting your halfway goal!!!!

zanheltangia
03-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Thank you, Nibs15, :hug: :D

zanheltangia
03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, after going a little crazy last monday (I walked and biked a combined 4 miles, felt great at the time but I paid for it as my legs ached for the next three days), I am heading back to the gym tonight.

And strangely enough, I don't think I've learned my lesson! :lol:

Let's see if I can make it twice this week.

*waves* How is everyone doing? 3FC has been a little quiet in the WW section. :D

boatingmommy
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
I am still here...thought I'd left, didn't you all...but now I'm back again! We have been dealing with after school stuff, work stuff,...family stuff, and honestly I just haven't made the time to check in here. Sorry...:(

Okay, lost a few more...it's TOM right now, so we'll see what the scale says when that monthly dilema is over with. Had some bad cravings, and a few family events, so I haven't been good about logging points. Promise to finish the week with all food posted! Scout's honor! I need to update my signature...that's good at least. 7 weeks 1 day till Disney World:cool:...still got some work to do.

How is everyone else doing? Zan - Congrats on the halfway mark!!! WoooHoooo! Tex - You still around?...hope you are seeing some lower scale numbers, too.

Hugs to everyone! Write soon!:hug:

zanheltangia
03-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Ah, the last minute pre-vacation to-do list. That can be stressful.
Sounds like you had a minor bump in the road, boatingmommy, but I'm happy to hear that you are jumping right back on track.

I'm hitting the gym tonight, that's twice this week. I'm working my way up to after every work day (5x a week). Here's hoping that I don't over do it again tonight ;).

TOM's not stopping me tonight, haha.

boatingmommy
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Zanheltangia - What excercises are you doing? I need to find something that will tighten up some of the wobbley bits (as Bridget Jones would say). I'm talking about the areas that seem flabby since losing the weight...it's like I'm shrinking, but the skin isn't. YIKES! Thinking gym equipment might be necessary...we'll see.

Had my Bran and raisins and glass of milk for breakfast. Need to plan the rest of the day so I don't screw up.

Have a great Thurs.!

zanheltangia
03-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Ah, well. So far I've only used the treadmill and exercise bike. Both something I have used in the past. I've got to get the 'getting started' orientation from my gym before I want to mess with the other equipment. I plan on doing that soon, but so far I've been focusing on cardio as I've got a lot to lose and my knees already get enough with the bike after 15 minutes (I pushed myself to 30 minutes that first time I went, that and a light jog, had not been a good idea as my knees & legs ached horribly the three days after, so I am going slower now).

I'm so new to this, so I am definitely not the one to give good exercise suggestions...

I am glad that there is a whole section on fitness here on 3fc, that's where I plan to do my research and ask for tips.

Maybe that'll help you? :hug:

boatingmommy
03-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes, I'll check there.

Definitely be kind to your knees. It's so easy to screw something up by trying something your body is not ready for. I've done that in the past, gotten hurt and totally derailed my possibilities for success.

Going to try and get my workout in at lunch today. It got cold here again, so I guess I'll put a video in instead of getting out in the cold air. Maybe a little Turbo Cardio Party...

Everyone have a great Friday!

zanheltangia
03-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, I went to the first orientation at the gym, learned a little. ;)

She had me use the ab machine as part of it, and man oh man, I am glad I only had to do 15 each
(hips flat legs resting on a bar, hips flat legs up in the air, hips twisted to the right, and then hips twisted to the left).

I felt that! :eek:

haha! I'll be back on it next week, that's for sure.

Well, Happy Friday, everyone :carrot:
I could sure use the break, :lol:

Tex
03-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow Zan, you've really been getting serious about exercise. Congrats! I need to borrow some of your motivation! I went to the doctor yesterday and the way he put it was that in order to successfully lose weight, I needed to 'get religion' about exercising. This is so true and it sounds like you're well on your way!

I'm feeling fantastic about Weight Watchers today. I feel pretty good about it most days, but today I weighed in and found I had lost a total of 20 lbs. The last two weeks were a little rough (+0.4 and then -1.0), but today it all caught up and I had lost 6.8 lbs this week. I was hoping to make it to 15, but I skipped right over it to 20.

Nibs15
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Congrats Tex!!!! 20 pounds is great and even greater that you went over your goal of 15 to get there!!

zanheltangia
03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Wooohooo, Tex! That is awesome! :bravo:

boatingmommy
03-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow Tex - 20 lbs....that's awesome. That's 4 5lb bags of potatos!!! Isn't that wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Dreading the Easter festivities this next weekend and we are heading out for our first camping trip of the year. Making a grocery list of good things to pack in the camper. Lots of fruit and bags of lettuce. Chicken breasts for me instead of the Brats. Packing just a 12 pack of the Select 55...gotta save up my points so I can enjoy a few around the fire.

Hoping the Easter Bunny doesn't leave any chocolate lying around...don't need the temptation!

zanheltangia
03-29-2010, 03:49 PM
My boss just went around offering a piece of Dove Dark Chocolate to the whole office. I took one just like everyone else, but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat it! :p It'll be tossed where it won't be found later.

1 pt for that tiny little thing, bah! I might have ate it if it was milk chocolate, but even that would have been be iffy. I've got a nice 2 pt biscotti at home that's more satisfying to the chocolate cravings than that itty bitty thing, :D

Has anyone else fought off temptation with a point friendlier item this month?

zanheltangia
03-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, since I've used the ab thing I've found myself walking less. Only walked a bit more than a mile last night for about an hour. I think I'm slacking. ;)

I've got another gym orientation thing Thursday. This'll be interesting. :o

I've always been a walker, Tex. I walked back and forth to middle/high school and a lot between classes. (Heck, I'd read a book on my way home as I walked, ha!) And I walked ponies for a guy who did birthday parties so I lifted quite a few kids and walked near constantly guiding a rather strong pony. That was only about 6 years ago, so getting moving by walking on the treadmill isn't a problem for me. I'm just surprised that I managed through the ab machine! What I really need to work on is my upper body. Sure my fingers get a workout just about daily at a keyboard, but I'm not lifting and moving around heavy bakery items or children anymore!

Ya just got to find something you are actually willing to do. I was willing to walk and that basically put my foot in the door for the rest of what I am going to do now.

Tex
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Zan, I'm trying to get on board with the whole walking thing. It's hard for me to do it solo because I get bored really easily and I'm not likely to keep up with it. Earlier this morning I ordered some New Balance walking shoes from Zappos, so I'm hoping those encourage me to get moving. At my WW meeting on Saturday our leader mentioned that we're going to be doing a 5K walk as a group sometime in June (holy cow it's going to be hot here in Houston). So, I know I need to start working up to that now. I guess they'll be providing us with a 'training' program sometime soon, but I really should start before then. I almost think a treadmill would be optimal so I can at least watch TV while I'm walking. :D

zanheltangia
03-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah, there's about twenty tvs showing 10 channels at the gym. I listen to music as I march along. I figured it would look too weird to see this lady walking on a treadmill reading a paperback. The gym probably wouldn't allow it anyway. haha! :lol: And it would cut my pace in half but I would walk longer distances.

Doing it consistantly is a hard thing, Tex. I'm basically forcing myself to go sometimes, but it's just like this diet. If I can commit to a routine when it comes to food, I sure better pick up some exercise to keep it all going.

Oh and it might help when you start this to go ahead and keep track of the time, distance, speed, and how you felt during and afterwards if you can in order to chart it and use it to see where you are doing either too much or too little and also see if you can go longer and what improves. :D

zanheltangia
04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
WoooHooo! I made it to my 10% ww target, 25 lbs lost!

Which also happens to be just a few pounds past the first 1/4 of the total pounds I've got to lose. :D

Wheehee!

Tex
04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow! Congratulations!! :cp:

Beyond just being very cool, I always hear 10% mentioned in terms of when the health benefits start kicking in.... for instance, chance of heart disease decreases with just a 10% reduction in weight, etc, etc...

Major kudos to you! Keep it up!!

zanheltangia
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Sure thing, Tex! :D

And thank you! :hug:

Nibs15
04-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Congrats zan!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Good for you for hitting your 10% of 25 pounds. Feels so good when you finally reach a goal doesn't it!!

zanheltangia
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks, Nibs! It sure does!

I might slack off this week when it comes to the gym, I've got a whole list of things to do asap and not very long to get it all done by! But at least I'll make it once this week for another gym orientation. Did upper body last week, this week I'll learn how to work the lower body equipment and I'll have my list of exercises all ready to start again next week. :eek:

Still trying to make it three times a week, but I'm happy with the twice I managed last week.

How's everyone doing?

zanheltangia
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Skipped my Thursday gym thing, feeling like my 'get-up-and-go' has gotten up and went without me.

I hate being anemic.

Blehhhhhh!

:p

I'll do better next week, whether I want to or not, :lol:

DuckyChick
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm with you, zan. I'm dealing with a stupid hip injury that doesn't exactly STOP me from walking, but makes it really uncomfortable. That REALLY doesn't help when I'm having problems with motivation to begin with!

zanheltangia
04-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I've surrendered to the fatigue and have written up a rain check for this week as well. :(
I'll be seeing an internalist, or blood-doc as I have dubbed him, for the first time on my usual WI day next week. I hope to make this anemia-thing brief and get right back on track.

What a little whiner I've become, :lol:.
At least I'm OP and my taxes are done, :carrot:
haha! That sure is something! :D

:hug:s to you all and an extra dose of :dust:.

Tex
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Your taxes are done?? Wow. I'm a tax accountant and I still haven't done mine... Yikes!

I had a good weigh-in this past Saturday. I lost another 5.6 lbs (after a 0.4 gain the prior week), so now I'm down a little over 25 lbs. in total. I hadn't really noticed much of a difference until Sunday when I went to put on my favorite shirt and found that what was once fitted around my hips (which I liked) was now baggy. I stood there in front of the mirror for a little bit and kept looking down at my shirt wondering what had happened... it took me a few before I realized it was because I was now a little smaller in that area. Even though I know I've lost 25 lbs, it was still a little strange. But good.

zanheltangia
04-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Heh. I could have had mine done back in Jan when I got my w2. I've got the easy form and no extras. I'm such a slacker.

Woohooo, Tex! You are doing awesome, :carrot:

I find it a bit weird everytime I decide to make a new hole in my belt. I've made three since I started WW in December, and it just seems odd. :lol:

zanheltangia
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
WI showed +1# on Wednesday. :p
Ah well, I was expecting something more like +.8 of a pound. I get a little gain every 5th WI (like clockwork - crrrrazy!), which I blame on TOM ;), but I subtract it from the next week's loss to keep the little + routine from bugging me and to make sure that I am still in that downward trend. :D

But I know one thing I need to correct. I haven't been eating my fruits and veggies like I should.

I fixed that this week by getting some grapes, cucumber, and carrots.

Anyone else finding themselves slipping on the healthy guidelines?
I need to restart my checklists. I track on one of those points calculators - and since it has been losing my daily points off and on yesterday, I figure I better get back to basics before I mentally add a few extra points the next time it does that. :eep:

zanheltangia
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
It has been pretty quiet in here.

Four pounds down on my weigh in yesterday, yay!
The veggies really helped.
That and my iron level went up nearly 2 points! woohoo! :lol:

But I forgot my gym bag today, :( I'm starting to think that was unconsciously on purpose, O.o, stupid laziness, I will fix you! haha.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Miss you, :hug: ;) :D

Amy8888
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Zan and everyone! I really should check out more of 3FC more often. This looks like a great thread!

I've been doing the walking challenge and I really like it. It's just the thing I needed to get my butt off the couch. Even on the nights I most want to be a couch potato I feel guilty if I don't do something, so I get up and do something. Last night I walked for 45 minutes and just loved every minute of it, and I'm not really a fan of walking. Or generally, haven't been in the past, but I'm hoping to change that. I find I need to be alone with my iPod, have interesting scenery and lovely weather, and then I really like it.

On days when I can't get out for a walk I do Wii free step (wearing my pedomoter!). I bought a riser to make the step more challenging.

OK, change of topic (a lot of caffeine this morning)...I have decided I need to really switch things up and change my meeting day. I've been going on Thursdays after work but I'm moving to Saturday morning...really early-7:30. The good news is my leader does that meeting too, and I really like her. There are so many reasons for this. I allow myself a few pig out times a week...Saturday night, Monday night (date night), and after my meetings. Originally this was fine since I always had plenty of weekly points leftover, but now by the end of the week I just don't. So I started thinking this would eliminate one pigout night, and move my post weigh-in pigout to a day I normally allow a splurge anyway.

Then I started thinking of other benefits...I'm getting sick of my fellow WWers (does this happen to other people? I just can't take their quirks anymore and need new quirks), and mostly, the inconvenience of going after work, stressing about what I eat the day of the weigh-in, changes of clothes, packing up snacks after the weigh-in but before the meeting so I don't pass out from starvation.

Anyway, I am just very excited today about deciding to make these little changes! Has anyone ever switched up your meetings just to keep things fresh? I figure it can't hurt. :)

zanheltangia
04-23-2010, 09:44 AM
I like that idea, Amy8888. I just might switch (time, date, leader, and meeting location) myself.

I completely understand wanting to switch groups due to the people in them. My leader always talks down about herself at least once per meeting and no one in the meeting really tracks. It seems like a group of people just doing the same old routine and not really getting anywhere and they kind of bring down the newbies or recommend really off the wall things. I need to find a more positive group or a leader with some encouraging energy! ;)

It is awesome that you're getting up and moving like that! :carrot:
What wii disk has the free step?

Changing it up is always a good thing, I've learned that it is easier to catch yourself if you are slacking somewhere (which I have :o).

Amy8888
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes, I recently realized how far off track I've been getting. I have been losing/gaining 5 pounds like I did over the holidays and I need to get back to just plain old losing! I want to be in shape for a trip to Disney World and actually allow myself to be photographed with my family, and that's in just 2 months! No time for slacking, and I think changing things up like this will help with a general re-commitment, which I need. Sort of like joining in the first place...I lost quite a bit of weight those first few months, and I know I can do it again if I just remember that I am actually trying to lose weight, which sadly, does require some real control.

Free step is on the Wii Fit Plus, under aerobics. I just get that going and then turn to a show I've recorded. I always could just step without having the Wii going, especially since I wear a pedometer (which is so amazingly awesome, it almost completely matches count with what the Wii says). But I guess knowing the Wii is tracking my steps is a good thing (and won't yell at me for not using it), any extra little boost, right?

zanheltangia
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Definitely, every bit counts!

My wii is at my folks' place, yet I seem to use it more than they did until they got netflix on it. (so no stealin' it back) If only I hadn't cured myself of watching tv, :lol:, Maybe I'll toss on a movie and just march in place.

It's hard to surf the web or play computer games while jumpin' around. hehe.

zanheltangia
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, I say it's time to close this thread, May here we come! :)