Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/125

Default New and anxious

I am new to MRC, I am still pre-conditioning till Friday. I am anxious for my food class on Friday. My center really didn't tell me what to expect, so can someone tell me what's next for me? I see on here about HSN's- what are they? And what does a menu look like? What do I need to avoid? I can't wait to start but would like to know what I am looking forward to

Thanks
manningfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'7"

There are different menu's, and yours will be chosen based on how much you weigh and any special medical needs. But, the basic plan is high protein with controled amounts of carbs. Lots of veggies and lean meat!! HNS is a high nutrient or nutritional supplement, I'm not for sure on the exact wording, but it is basically a protein drink. They have a lot of choices and they taste pretty good, and (on my menu plan) you drink them with every meal and up to two more a day as a "snack". I am kinda new to the program, but those are the basics.
Meredith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #3  

Thank you! I am so anxious- I want to get going tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

I cant be much help..I just did preconditioning last week..and started my "menu" today...My menu was ALOT like the preconditioning menu but I think its b/c I have so much to lose. I was so anxious that first week too, I wanted to know what was around the corner and what I could go ahead and buy. It seemed like a long week lol. I would deff give up caffine and the things listed so the next week will be easier on you.
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

I second the caffeine - if you haven't already started, cut back now. That's a tough one. Also if you have a hard time resisting carbs, you should start to cut back there also - this diet is real restrictive on carbs too.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

I am so excited for you! Don't stress about it too much. The first few weeks are a pain, but before you know it you'll be on day 11 and the "normal" menu with a variety of choices. Just keep coming back here and get the encouragement you need!
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6''

sounds like you've got good advice here...welcome and congrats on getting started
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 AM   #8  

The caffeine won't be problem- not a coffee or soda person. Carbs- that's another story. I'm Italian!!!lol
But I have to do this so if carbs must go- they go!
I don't think I've lost on pre-conditioning though, rough weekend. I started on Saturday- races in FL, then Superbowl. Oh well, one last hooray and now down to business!
Looking forward to coming here for support, good news and to vent- if needed lol
Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by manningfan View Post
The caffeine won't be problem- not a coffee or soda person. Carbs- that's another story. I'm Italian!!!lol
But I have to do this so if carbs must go- they go!
I don't think I've lost on pre-conditioning though, rough weekend. I started on Saturday- races in FL, then Superbowl. Oh well, one last hooray and now down to business!
Looking forward to coming here for support, good news and to vent- if needed lol
Welcome. Lots of good information given already. I was a big diet soda person too and that transition was hard for me. but I did it and you can too. In case you are a soda person--once you get past Day 11 I believe you can have Diet Rite soda which is actually pretty good.

Also wanted to encourage you in that when I went to my first food class I literally thought I was going to CRY as I felt overwhelmed. But the hardest part is just to get started and keep going meal by meal. The hunger wasn't so much an issue for me as the planning ahead and organizing. You'll learn some lessons about food/nutrition and about yourself and they'll all serve you well now and going forward. Keep coming back here for encouragement/questions/ideas and GOOD FOR YOU at starting!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/244/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome! You will feel so much better after you go through your food class, just because you will know whats going on and what is expected of you during your diet. If you have questions when you are at the store buying food make sure you call them...since that is what we are paying them for. And they encourage the questions. Drink lots of water and it will help flush your body out and it will help you lose weight and not be so hungry. Honestly, I am hardly ever hungry with 3 square meals and the HNS's we have to drink and the minimum of 64oz. We are glad you posted and excited you joined! I hope you have a great preconditioning week!!!
Morgan6981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Manningfan...Are you in central fl?
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/See Ticker/164

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Welcome! I ditto all of the great advice that you have already received. I was really excited my first week and ready to go!! It has become old hat for me now with regards to eating and pre-planning helps and for me is a must. I feel very satisfied with the food that I am getting. I would recommend getting their cookbook. There are a lot of great ideas and will help you from getting into a rut.
mrmoore44 is offline   Reply With Quote