Old 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Talking I just learned to love my hips!

I just plugged in my measurements with this calculator: http://www.healthyforms.com/helpful-tools/index.php

I've always hated my large hips and thought they were in such contrast to my waist. I have two larger friends whose waists and hips are about the same size and I think they're beautiful! But apparently my large hips are healthy! I have a relatively small waist (34 inches now, thank you very much. ) But my hips are 42. Apparently carrying more weight in the hips is healthier.

My weight is ALL OVER!! LOL! I have fat everywhere but in my feet and hands.

Last edited by Eliana; 02-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/219/145

Height: 5'5"

Women are meant to have curvy hips!! It's called a figure 8 and it's one of the most attractive figures. Forgive me ... I'm a little biased since it's the figure I have. haha. No matter what size I am my hips and chest are almost exactly 10 inches bigger than my waist. I never desired to be built like a boy.

I'm glad you found a way to love your curves!!
slimsilhouette2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #3  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/165

Height: 5'4

Love my curves... Just want them as close to heart healthy as possible!!! Long live the womanly figure!!!
Beautifully Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I guess I do have the desire to be built like a boy. My breasts and hips are exactly the same. What is that? The classic hour shape? I don't like it on me. Maybe it's because most clothing designs are not designed for this body shape so it makes me feel like I'm somehow built wrong. I have to buy separates because dresses don't work on me. Pants don't generally work because I have to buy pants large enough to fit my hips and then the waist is huge. I've found a line that works, but I guess the fact that I have to go out of my way to find pants that fit me makes me feel like I'm somehow not built right.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I love that too. I am still plenty overweight, but actually have a lower risk of heart issues because of my waist to hip ratio. Plus I have a lot easier time carrying a baby on my hip than my friend who is more apple shape. I was just thinking about that today when I was carrying my son around. Gotta love those hips, perfect baby seat! I don't have the same problem finding pants that you do though, I wear low rise jeans and pants, but my waist is so high, that if I wore higher waisted pants, they would sit right under my boobs.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote