General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Question - not weight loss related

I am little sad and disheartened today, and thought may be wise chicks out here may be able to help me out.
So here's my problem - I was on birth control pill (Yaz) for around 2 and half years. The last pill I had was on October 31st, we are planning to have kids now. Ever since I have stopped BC pills my periods are irregular. I had one on 31st October, then on 17th Dec and none since then. I was hoping that no periods may be a sign of pregnancy but sadly that doesn't seems to be the case. I used home pregnancy test kit today and results were negative .

I have been consistently eating 1200-1500 calories per day with half an hour exercise 6 days a week (doing C25K and 30 day shred). But my weight doesn't seems to go down. I am fluctuating between 128-131 since last one month. I was very hopeful this time that I may be pregnant. Now after the negative pregnancy result this morning, I am all sad and depressed. I am just thinking everything negative. I really want to have kids but its hard to plan when your period are soo irregular. My periods were regular before I used to take BC pills. Granted I didn't had a 28 day cycle then, but I used to have my periods within 30-35 days.

Do you guys think I should talk to doctor or wait for some time? I want to have kids so badly and am now loosing hope. Sorry for the long rant, I know I am being unreasonable here. But I would really appreciate some advice and support.

Thanks!!
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I know it can be very frustrating to get pregnant. For years your try NOT to get pregnant and then when you finally want to be pregnant it seems impossible. I know many couples that try for more than a year with no luck, often many years. It's only been 3 months since you've been trying.

My advice is to log your cycle carefully. Since your period is irregular you should buy some ovulatation test kit to find out when is precisely the optimal time to try. Give it a year of methodical trying and then go see a doctor. If you go to a doctor now he/she will tell you the same thing more or less.

Fertility is affected by your age. For some absurd and unfair reason women over 35 are reported to have a more difficult time getting pregnant.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Sorry to hear this is such a struggle.

I would head to the doc and get checked out. The difficult time losing weight and irregular periods sound like (and this is JUST a guess) it could be PCOS, poly-cystic ovaries.

But it could also be nothing of the sort and just a hormonal glitch.

I'm sure once the doc has some advice things will get moving in no time, so try not worry.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I also suggest tracking ovulation. Everyday BEFORE you get out of bed take your temperature, when your temperature is slightly higher than normal that's supposed to mean you are ovulating It'll take some time to track it properly- usually a few months.

Also- look online for guides on getting pregnant. Things like time of day, how often you are having sex, and so on, can affect getting pregnant. My sister's friend kept trying and her and hubby were having sex EVERYDAY- I told her try every other day to give his body some time to build up lol! They got pregnant like a month later...

I remember reading guides online about what you and him should and should NOT be eating- different techniques, and so on, google has a wealth of information! Google conceiving tips.

http://www.having-a-baby.com/millenium.htm

http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-5-Sexu...ast&id=1411918

http://conceiveonline.com/sex-fertility/top-6-sex-tips/
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

I don't have any sage advice, I just waned to let you know I am thinking good things for you, and hope there is a little one in your future very soon.
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

i think, depending on how long you've been on the pill, the time frame for getting your cycle back to normal is 3 to 6 months.
I just pulled up a couple articles from a google search and they all said pretty much the same thing- you have to start ovulating again before you can 1. get pregnant and 2. get a period again. If you get a period then you know you've ovulated.
The temperature taking is probably a good idea. most of the articles said if it's been 3 or 4 months w/o a period to make an appt w/ your obgyn.

good luck!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Thanks for all your response and support!
The links you send across were very helpful beraab! We certainly were lacking lot of the information mentioned in the articles. I hope we will have some good news in near future!
Thank you all! You rock!!
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote