LA Weight Loss - LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 8-14

View Full Version : LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 8-14

JLem311
02-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Morning all.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was spent relaxing and being lazy. it was nice.
up and back at it this morning, workout done and ready for the day. the next 2wks are going to be a bit crazy/lonely since DH will be working non-stop. and he's only going to get busier as the deployment date approaches. :(

anyways, hope everyone has a great start to the week!

L R K
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Jillian - my weekend was like that as well. super lazy and relaxing :)

But it was def. nice! I didn't leave the house at all on Saturday!

Hoochie
02-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Okay, am I going to be fit or fat??? That is the question.
I am commiting myself to 30 minutes of exercise 5 days this week. Anyone else want to join me in my weekly goal?
No excuses!!

Joan

JLem311
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Okay, am I going to be fit or fat??? That is the question.
I am commiting myself to 30 minutes of exercise 5 days this week. Anyone else want to join me in my weekly goal?
No excuses!!

Joan

i'm always in Joan! let's do it!

shortandfluffy
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Joan I am planning on doing 5 days a week! I did it last week and did this morning so I am starting the week good so far.

Also trying to get myself back on plan. Didn't do too hot last week, but starting back up today!

I had a wake up call this past weekend that helped with my motivation.

Arkantana
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm in too Joan. I have been skipping out on the exercise here lately and it's time to get back on track, especially after the Super Bowl snacks.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm thinking about weighing in the morning but just hate being disappointed with the number. I have went from a 12 to a 10 in jeans and feel smaller but dang those numbers! Just once I'd like to get on the scale and see a whole 5 lbs like on TBL. Reality sucks!

My job has been a nightmare for a while now and has began to affect my personal life with the stress and all so I've decided to let it go. It's just not worth it. I have had more sickness since the stress increased than I care to think about. I'm relieved to start seeing the light at the end of the tunnell :D

MrsSassy
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
OH I can't wait to be in a 12 again! I miss my Lucky Jeans. I visit them hanging in the closet , lol.

I am trying to do the workout thing as best I can...I know that if I could do more aerobic stuff I would progress faster. But my foot/ankle is just not back to normal...grrrrr. So doing steps and walking will have to do for the moment.

Christina2629
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Well my weekend was pretty relaxing too bad its over. I did good on plan all weekend but I slipped up yesterday. I'm not going to beat myself up over it I'll just start back on plan today.

I really want to start working out but I did something to my neck, not sure what but, it is killing me. I think I'm going to have to go see the doctor to get it checked out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

Hoochie
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Well I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes last night on an incline of 3. Then I did weights and some squats for 10 minutes. It felt great! I am so glad to be getting back on track.
Day 1 of exercise for this week complete.

JLem311
02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
great job on the exercise Joan!
i'm going on almost 8 months of consecutive exercise (5 day/week, of course) but it's wonderful once you make it a daily part of your life. :)

Kimphin
02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi all - busy at work, so I'm just dropping in.

Down a pound, so that's at least something! I'm loving the routine of going to the gym 5x/week, strangely enough. I don't have class this Wed, so I get to go to the exercise class I like, Yay!

Hoochie
02-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks Jillian! One day at a time!

Kim- You know I thought about joining a gym again but I have so much equipment at home. I have thought about doing a few drop in deep water aquasize classes and I would really like to try a spinning class. Drop in classes are 5 dollars a session if I go thru the City of Calgary classes. Do you use the equipment and go to classes at the gym you go to?

Right now I will see if I can stay committed at home. I know I can do it! I am so tired of how my body looks. I weighed myself this morning and I am back up to 171 so my goal is 160 right now.

Okay I will catch up later, have a great day everyone!

Joan

Kimphin
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Joan - I had to quit my old gym when I changed jobs because it was waaay out of the way for me. I waited a long time before finally deciding to join the gym that is 3 minutes from my house, no more excuses, LOL. I do love it, right now I only go to classes. Last winter I had a trainer, which I kind of liked, because I got to use the equipment without feeling out of place ("Hey, I'm cool, I'm with a trainer.." kind of thing). But, I never felt like I was actually working all that hard with her. I should have told her to work me harder, but I just ended my sessions and never re-scheduled anything with her. I do like the cardio equipment too, but they are MOBBED right now with people because my gym is doing a "biggest loser" thing. There is a big variety of classes, including a weight training one, so for now I am good. The only time I don't feel like I am getting my money's worth is during golf season, because I will always choose to golf over going to the gym (as in, I will golf 4-5 times per week. and sometimes I get a cart.:^:)

Still haven't mustered up the courage to try spin. I think I would really like it, though. I know that Barbara loves it.

Arkantana
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Kim- You might be suprised to see how many calories you burn in an hour of golf. You should Google it, I think it's around 300 calories an hour if you use a cart.

I did 45 min on the treadmill last night with 3 lb hand weights (for 10 min). I had my DD load my MP3 with lots of hip hop and I find myself dancing on the treadmill on most songs and running when a heavy metal song come on, unless there are two in a row, of course :D It makes exercising more fun as long as nobody is watching.

I also bought a new scale today since mine gave me three different weights this morning (all within 5 min). I will weigh again in the morning to see where I'm at.

Jennifer

BarbaraB
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Jennifer, A new scale sounds like it is a good idea.

Kim, I love spin class because it burns a lot of calories and doesn't make my feet hurt. I just went to an online calorie calculator and put in running at 5mph (which is likely faster than I can do right now, at least for an entire hour) and vigourous spinning and the running was 748 calories and the spinning was 1006 calories.

Joni135
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone....today I had a fabulous no carb day in an attempt to break my horrible eating habits. ...I feel great and I'm off to bed; spin class in the morning.

I found a picture from my LAWL days...I lost 17 lbs on the program and I took pictures...the before and after was amazing!! I did the program about 3 years ago and have gained back all the weight plus five lbs....There is no LAWL in Georgia and I need accountablility and I need to lower my cholesteral so I took the plunge and joined a similar program (not WW or Jenny or Nutri).....I hope to share successful weight loss numbers in a couple weeks...stay tuned.

KIM - it took about two-three times before I really started to love spin. Give it a try and don't leave...stick it out; do what you can. Get some bike shorts if you can to help ease the sore bum you may encounter. I don't wear the special shoes (yet) but I sweat more in that class and the 45 minutes flies by.....

Kimphin
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I used to have a pair of the shorts, back from my road racing days - LOL, even if I could find them - I can't imagine I would ever get them ON! Do either of you (Barbara or Joni) use a gel seat cover?

Joni - did you join MRC?

Jennifer - it is amazing how motivational music can be. I love some of the tracks in the classes I take, and some I just don't feel it.

Arkantana
02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I love my new scale!! I waited over a week to weigh this time and I lost 4.6 lbs. I an really happy today.

Joan- I was on the treadmill a total of 2 hrs last night. 45 min before TBL and 1 hr 15 min after. I love that show, I'm so addicted. Probably wont do that again for a while but I'm glad I had my version of "last chance workout".

Kim- The one song that really motivates me is "Dance, Too much booty in the pants". ha ha It's one my kids loaded on my MP3.

mj2007
02-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey all

i have been doing quick stop-bys for a while without actually posting. Good to c everyone keeping up with new year resolutions. I am on day 2 of TO...I haven't WI for like 12 days...i plan to do it tomorrow.

Btw...does anyone know how to tighten the lose skin after WL?I have so much lose skin hanging everywhere it is starting to gross me out...lol!

Happy Wednesday!

shortandfluffy
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I already messed up with my exercising! Missed yesterday morning because I pushed dismiss instead of snooze! Then this morning my DH left for his offshore job and ran out of time. I will do it when I get home after work. I hate hate hate exercising after work, but I learned if you miss more than one day of 30DS you get WAY off track.

I have a question for you LAWL peeps.. I am a LAWL repeat offender. Did it a few years back with a lot of sucess, then ened up letting myself go and gained ALL of it back plus some. So I am starting over... but have any of you tired something else? Or was this what you always stuck with? Since I understand the program its what I have been doing.. I am just too scared to try anything different than what I already know.

But if I try reading about over diet plans I get overwhelmed!

Kimphin
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I've done everything, more or less. I find that LAWL is the one plan that I can easily incorporate into my life, and it is easy to remember what I need to eat, yet I can switch up a meal plan if I need to on the fly.

BarbaraB
02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Kim, I use the bike seat. I recommend it. I have the triple gel seat. I also use the clip in shoes, which the instructor says you burn off about an extra 75 calories an hour with those. I did spin for about 6 months before I bought them though. If I wear the bike shorts, I don't always use the seat though. So one or the other is fine. I own a few pairs of bike shorts that have a skirt built in that goes over the unflattering bike shorts part. I definitely wear those when we go out and ride real bikes, since it is just less embarassing if you get off the bike somewhere. My husband keeps track of all the spin classes he has done on a calendar, and he is up over 400 classes now.

MJ, I do try different things from time to time. Often it helps me refocus. The last few days I've been counting calories, and realized that my portions had grown over time. No reason you have to count calories to figure that out, but it helped me refocus on measuring everything I eat for awhile.

Joni, Good luck on your new program. I sweat like crazy in spin too.

Joni135
02-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Kim - I haven't used a gel seat and Barb and others are right...the shorts I really ugly, but they help....not sure why I didn't do the seat??hmmmmmm..

Nope - not MRC (I had to go look that one up).....I'm not saying what it is for two weeks :-)

It was cold cold cold here today....I never left the house..not even for spin class...shame on me!

JerseyMadchen
02-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey chicks!

Just stopping in to say hello! Nice to see the motivation for exercising in here! Keep it up! I'm thinking of doing some OnDemand workouts as the snow has taken away my walking for QUITE awhile!

MJ- I don't know what to tell you about the skin. I know one of the girls on here had a tummy tuck after she lost all her weight... My older brother lost a lot a weight fast and has excess skin on his stomach, drives him crazy.

Well, we have about 2 fee of snow here in VA, with crazy winds tonight into tomorrow. The snow has been plowed and shovelled, but these gail force winds blow it around so much it looks like fresh snow! Today was like a sand-storm but with snow. I couldn't see what I was even driving in to!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Kimphin
02-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Amy - it's crazy - you guys have all that snow, and we don't have any!

Barbara and Joni - Thanks for the info. I'll start with the seat cover. I used to have the shoes too, darn it! I figured that I would wait on the shoes and shorts until I decide I like it.

green0923
02-11-2010, 09:27 AM
You guys are ultra-inspirational with your exercise!!!

I have been doing 20 minutes of elliptical (4 miles) 5-6 times per week. It's a good start for me since I did nothing for a year or more. I can't wait to be where you guys are ... I'll just keep working toward it!

Life has been trying to get in my way with the diet/exercise routine. I've been hanging in there though. Lots of late evenings at work and some drama with the extended family have made it tougher. But no excuses... I gotta do this!!

Happy Thursday, all!

shortandfluffy
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
I would love to do spinning! But my DH says says that he doesn't want to pay for me to go to classes until I prove I would be dedicated to it.. such as actually using our treadclimber and the 30DS videos I bought.

I did day 7 today of 30DS.. I wish I could say it was 7 days straighted but I missed a few here and there.

Still can't do a dang push up!

Green - I am with you.. I am just now getting into an exercise routine. Life has been getting in the way of that and my eating.. there is always something going on.

Why do family and friend get togethers have to revolve around food?!?

Kimphin
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow Erin, 21 lbs in a month! You rock!

JLem311
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
hey all..just wanted to check up on everyone and say hi. hope everyone is sticking to their exercise goals! keep it up!

sweetandspicy
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Hello to everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Not been doing to well on the weightloss front just frustrated and unmotivated. Need to get something started.

Hope everyone is doing well and loosing weight!!!!

BarbaraB
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Amy, You've done so well already! Don't be discouraged or frustrated. Motivation comes in waves, and spring usually brings a new wave for me.

Kelli, I'm not sure why family = food for so many people. For my family, when I was a child, many were still farmers and they worked hard and burned off all kinds of calories, so on the rare days that they took a day off and spent with family, they ate. Traditions remain long after the need for the extra calories is there.

shortandfluffy
02-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Barbara - Its so crazy.. two aunt's had WLS, but then my other aunt will bring a tray of like 10 different kinds of cookies to a get together!

I ate OP all day today! First day in a while I have actually stuck to it 100%.. such a great feeling! ::pats myself on the back:: LOL

Hoochie
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Well I just did two days No carbs and it feels great! I weighed myself this morning and I was 168.8 so I have 8.8 pounds to go until my next goal.
I exercised this week like I promised I would and I am feeling really motivated.

Arkantana- I can't believe that you did two hours on the treadmill. Thats good! I only do 30 minutes but I am going to try and stick to 5 days a week and I am walking on a incline which I can totally feel.

MJ- You look awesome. How much weight have you lost since you started?
My girlfriend just lost over 60 pounds and she is having issues with skin around her stomach and her breasts but I dont know that anything can be done other than surgery to tighten that up but I dont' know.

Amy M- Hang in there. Your motivation will come back. Mine was gone for a while and has just returned. I think we constantly need to be reminded of our goals.

Well have a great weekend everyone!

Joan

deedeedee
02-13-2010, 12:55 AM
I am trying to find an idea or explanation of what Fast Forward juice is? Is it the same as the Take Juice? If not is there an alternative for it, like the Knudsens for Take Off? Thanks

Joni135
02-13-2010, 02:13 PM
DeeDeeDee - I thought it was the same, but others may need to chime in:
TakeOff Juice = Knudsen's Morning blend juice, 48 hour juice, Celebrity 48 hr Juice (or use 4 cups of cantaloupe OR 4 oranges in place of juice)

Kim - due to snow, I missed my spin class today...I am bummed. Also, I'm doing QWLC (quick weight loss center) - very similar to LAWL - they have been in the atlanta area a long time and I'm actually going to a center that appears to be quite reputable. The counselors are a bit more mature than those I had at LAWL and really know their stuff.

Since I'm snowed in today, I am cleaning my laundry room closet and want to paint it and make it nice. A friend had a stencil in hers that I also bought (online) and it says: "Laundry Room - Sorting out Life One Load at a Time".

Happy Saturday to all........................gotta go and try to be productive.

mj2007
02-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey All

Joan- Thanks. I was my heaviest summer'08 at 198 lbs.When I started LAWL past August I was 186.6...so as of today I lost about 59 lbs.I never had a baby so I dont really want to go for tummy tuck etc...'coz we plan to start a family in a year or so and I know I'll gain some of the weight back and have to start all over again.

I lost only 1.6 lbs over 2 weeks and I am feeling a bit down...so i have decided eating out on V'day but we plan to watch a movie at the cinema so that should be fun!True...every occasion revolves around food and making healthier choices is all you can hope for. So I bought some king size prawns and some good wine...for tomorrow...we'll make a romantic dinner together.

Good thing...we have a long weekend in Canada...15th is Family day...yay! So what is everyone else doing tomorrow?