100 lb. Club - Accountability, exercise, menu, etc - week of Feb. 8

Beverlyjoy
02-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi!!

Want a place to write your menu and exercise, some accountability or for a chat - please feel free to join in. :)

Beverlyjoy
02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi folks - yesterday was a good food day - I am so grateful.

DH came home from the store with dark chocolate and tons of olives for the super bowl party. After a panic - I decided that I would eat that stuff later in the week. My cousins brought all kinds of foods (they weren't going to bring anything). I stayed away from it all - until my cousin made microwave popcorn and actually put a small bowl of it in my lap! I did eat it - but, still stayed in my calorie range for the day. So - I am grateful for that.

for today;
breakfast - grits with 2% cheese, clementine
lunch - turkey & lite cheese on lite bread with lite mayo, cauliflower and parm cheese
snack - yogurt and fiber one
dinner - white bean and chicken chili, corn bread, veggies
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT on plan day.

traci in training
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Need to bear down and really get to work this week. Finally over the crappy cold, so I feel like I'm in charge of my body again.

Today - headed to the Y in 15 minutes for interval training.
B - two slices wheat bread with peanut butter, coffee - 250
L - turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato, orange - 250
S - chicken and vegetable stir-fry, fiber bar - 330
S - cereal with skim milk - 200
200 calories where needed - if needed.

brandijune44
02-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! OK - I think I'm seriously coming down with the cold this time! Ugh. I hardly slept because my throat hurt so bad. I'm going to have to really stay strong. I'm not looking forward to this at all...hopefully it will be short-lived.

Today:
Weigh in at Weight Watchers!
b - apple, lite coconut milk, cereal - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 6
l - spinach ravioli in lite alfredo sauce - 6
s - orange - 1
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - whole wheat macaroons - 4

Exercise: Walk to WW meeting (60 minutes roundtrip)

dgramie
02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I drug out my food journal from 2 yrs ago when I was actively losing weight. I am eating so different now..time to get back at it.
breakfast 1 whole egg and 1 eggwhite half orange
snack- 2 ounces of tuna and fruit
lunch - grilled chicken and 1 1/2 cup of veggies half of a potato
snack- 2 oz of tuna and a half baked potato(1/2cup)
dinner- 3 ounces of chicken and 2cup of veggies and 1/2 cup of a carb
snack- a few grapes
This worked wonders for me before...how have I gotten so far off track?? I will still be counting calories and also ww points.

rakel
02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Ahhh, I was leaning over my boss's desk and my back just started KILLIN' me. I can hardly stand up without it hurting... it seems okay when I'm just sitting. Time get out the advil...

mj5
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone! Well, my plan for yesterday worked pretty well. I munched on a lot of fresh veggies and light dip before I had any chicken wing dip. By then, I had a little, but no where near what I would have had!

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME job yesterday!!!!

traci--YEA for feeling better!

brandi--I hope you feel better soon!

dgramie--I totally hear you....I was doing so good, then little by little....

rakel--ouch! be careful!!!!

So I had a major "AH HA" moment yesterday. I was texting one of my nieces (she's 16) and thinks it's SO cool that I text both her and her sister. Anyway, she was telling me about how much she and her sister (she's 15) look up to me and consider me a role model. I mean I know they really like spending time w/ me (I'm the "cool" aunt who talks to them about music, school, boys, hair, makeup....), but I NEVER thought of myself as a role model....just their aunt who LOVES spending time w/ them. I REALLY made me think and totally re-(re-re-) focus my health and weight loss goals for myself. I am so proud of them and want to be around for a long, long time.

We are having a "girls day" w/ three of my nieces (12, 15, and 16 y/o) on Sunday....we are doing mani/pedi, facials, make overs....I can't wait and neither can they! They don't know this, but I am putting together little gift bags for them w/ mini nail polishes, fuzzy socks, and other 'girlie' stuff. AND, of course....healthy snacks!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Slashnl
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi all. Well, my knee is much better. I didn't go work out today, just to give it a little more rest. I also seem to be working on a cold too, but I'm going to spin class tomorrow. I will probably be taking it easy, but I still want to be there. I'm trying to do the "mind over matter" on the stuffy nose thing I've got coming on. I am thinking it won't be that bad. Gotta move on and get back in my exercise routine. It makes me much happier!

MJ: We think you are the cool one, too!

Rakel: Hope your back starts feeling better.

dgramie: Sounds like a good plan to get back to what was working!

Brandi: Sorry to hear about the cold. Keep fighting!!

Traci: Good plan! You are ready to take it on now!

Beverly: It sounds like you did pretty good on Superbowl Sunday. Good for you!

Have a great week everyone!

soulnik
02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey Chicas,

I'm in all day meetings today and tomorrow. Thankfully I get to decide where we have lunch so I chose places that have the nutritional values online. Superbowl Sunday wasn't too bad. I had a few wings, a big salad and a small piece of cake. Did ok at home alone with the food in the snow. I slept a lot! LOL. Lost 1.6 (?) this week. Had a sleep study last night so no time to exercise this morning. Taking a class tonight so today will be a total miss movement wise.

I'm starting to feel a little sick of writing everything down and having to be so conscious of my eating. Part of my just wants to forget it and eat whatever. The weight loss is so slow. One to two lbs a week will take forever! But I've decided to take it one day at a time and to just do my best. Perhaps it'll become a habit someday and I won't even notice that I'm "dieting".

Have a good day everyone!

dgramie
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
well I survived day 1....
I will be adding in some dairy from time to time...but I do know my tummy behaves better without dairy.
I can truly say it seemed like I was eating all day long. I am full.

Beverlyjoy
02-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi chicks...

Yesterday was a healthy good day with food and learning to live with food in a long term sane manner. I am so grateful.

Unfortunately my foot/ankle is very very sore. It can be exasperating when this happens. So I am icing it and resting it. I don't have to work until Thursday - I hope it's more managable.

for today:
breakfast - egg white, mushroom and cheese scramble, toast, clementine
lunch - soup, cheese, crackers, veggies
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon, sf syrup, steamed carrots
snack - rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, fruit

I hope you all have a great day!!!!

traci in training
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
So yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, but a good day. Didn't have time to get the stir-fry made before work, so I took two leftover crab cakes, two tomatoes, two wasa and a piece of cheese instead. Had some popcorn at work - ended the day at 1470 which is a great Monday.

Today I'm going to ride my bike on the trainer for the first time. RAGBRAI is coming and I have to get my butt on that seat!

B - 2 slices wheat toast with peanut butter
L - big salad with chicken breast
D - turkey sandwich, grapes
S - fiber bar
S - cereal with skim milk
200 calories where needed, if needed.

Beverly - hope your foot feels better soon. I slipped on the ice in the parking lot at work last night and I have a serious pain in my thigh - hope bike riding loosens it up.

dgramie - it all starts with one day. Hope day two goes well!

Diane - just got over a horrible cold so you have my sympathy!

brandijune44
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone~

I'm doing just "so, so" this morning. I went home early from work yesterday because of this darn cold. It really made me realize how much I appreciate the structure and schedule of my "new life." I went home around 1pm and was left to sit on the couch and think about what was in the fridge all afternoon/evening. I just felt so sluggish and lazy. I know I need to take it easy since my body's sick, but I can't wait to be back to 100%. Hopefully this won't last long...

dgramie - CONGRATS on being able to get "back to the basics." I'm just amazed day after day at how filling wholesome foods are. Keep up the great work...you are such an inspiration!

rakel - Hope your back is feeling better...yikes!

mj5 - What an amazing aunt...you are so incredible! Those girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful role model in their life and we are so lucky to have such an inspirational source of support. Thank you!

slashnl - Hope you are able to fight that pesky cold! I'm so glad that your knee is feeling better. Hopefully we'll be back to feeling 100% soon...

soulnik - Congrats on your loss AND for staying in control during the snow! Where did you end up eating?

Beverlyjoy - First of all (this has nothing to do with this thread) I just wanted to thank you for your overwhelming support here at the 100 pound club. I am always so inspired reading your posts/threads and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you. You are so wise and always have such inspirational words. Second, I hope your foot is feeling better! Get lots of rest before Thursday...

This is what my day looks like:

b - apple, lite coconut milk, cereal - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 6
l - cottage cheese, rice crackers - 3
s - orange - 1
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - Whole wheat macaroons - 3

Exercise - 60 minute treadmill/elliptical

:D HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVERYONE! :D

brandijune44
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Traci - we posted at the same time but wanted to say "Congrats" on your successful day yesterday! Can't wait to feel "in control of my body" again too after this darn cold :)

mj5
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Good Morning! Ugh, what a super hectic day at work so far. Nothing bad, just lots of oddball stuff happening. Oh well, it will all work out!

Diane--awww, thanks! Hope you are feeling better!

soulnik--Great job on the loss! Good for you for picking where to eat so you can plan!

dgramie--Yippee! Day one down!

Beverlyjoy--I hope your foot/ankle is better.

traci--good for you for adjusting your plan yesterday!

brandi--Good for you for taking care of yourself yesterday. Awww, thanks!

I had a GREAT workout last night. I left the gym feeling energized and so relaxed at the same time. It was sooooo nice!

Then I stopped at the store to pick up a few things we needed for dinner. We were just having sandwiches and when I got home, hubby asked if I bought chips. You know what, I didn't even THINK about getting chips! I knew we had salad and fresh veggies left from the superbowl. Now that's progress! LOL!!!

I am going to the gym again tonight. More cardio today. Next week I want to get back into lifting weights. I am starting to miss it.

dgramie
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Day 2 is a little rougher. We have snow and I have no kids in care today. I love to bake on days like today( but wont give into the urge today).I have a pot of beans on cooking.I will have greens with mine.
I made a mistake by sleeping in today and got my eating off track. Im hungry but will not eat till 2 when I will have a protien and a fruit.

Slashnl
02-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Dang. Sneezing like crazy today. I was going to work out at the gym, but I figured I wouldn't like it if someone else came in with watery eyes and lots of sneezing. This too shall pass.

traci in training
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
So it seems I'm not prepared to eat as planned. Spent the morning cooking for the next few days - I'll be working over the supper hour so I made two casseroles for husband and daughter (and generally daughter's boyfriend), a big pan of roasted veggies for me to take to work, found two heads of broccoli in the drawer that needed cooked so I made broc and chicken casserole (for me) and half a head of cabbage left from veggie soup that needed used, so I frizzled that with an onion.

So... for lunch I had a big pile of frizzled cabbage and about ten cheese tortellini (what I made for everyone else for lunch). Still planning on the turkey sandwich for supper at the ball game tonight. Meals in hand for the next two days so maybe I can make a plan and actually stick to it!

Jeez, life is so complicated some days!

Beverlyjoy
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi chicks - back again for some personals...:)

mj - not thinking about buying chips is a victory! :D Glad you can get to the gym.

brandijune - thank you so much for your kind thoughts.:) If anything I've ever said or done here has helped you - I am grateful - that's what we are here to do. Help each other. Feel better soon - I understand how a cold feels. :hug:I am just about over mine....3.5 weeks! When the fridge calls you - remind yourself that eating unplanned food is not an emergency.

traci - I am glad your day went well - even with all the twists and turns your menu took!! - wow cooking ahead is awesome.:D:D Come on over to my house.

soulnic - you sure are a busy lady. Congrats on the weight loss - that's 6 sticks of butter you know.:carrot::carrot: I know we get tired of planning and writing down our food. But - studies show that folks who plan and write down their food have long term success. Hang in there!

slash - oh no...you're getting a cold too. :hug: Drink lots of fluids. Glad your knee is improving. :)

dgramie - kudos for cooking beans instead of baking!:D

I'll check in tomorrow!

rakel
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I made a chicken, onion and mushroom quesadilla tonight for dinner and ate half of it. I know mushrooms sound weird but they were actually quite good in the mix. My food over the past two days is a little questionable as I haven't been tracking, but I'm about to get to my exercise so we'll see how the scale is.

** update ** up 1.1lbs, but likely due to the fact that I weighed after dinner and I usually weigh before dinner, not too concerned, but I did start tracking again today and did a 30 min workout.

Beverlyjoy
02-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a good day - I am grateful. :) I am especially grateful because my foot/ankle was very painful most of the day.

I am doing my happy dance today because the scale showed a three pound loss from last week. I am thrilled. :dance:

fork down between bites
no seconds
mindful eating
lots of water
exercise
eat only when seated
remind myself WHY
log food
work on distinguishing hunger vs craving vs desire
try to feel fullness (I think that part of me is broken)

breakfast - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, almond butter, cinn., skim milk
lunch - Lean Pocket - salad and lite dressing
snack - yogurt, fiber one & milk
dinner - thai cold noodle salad, steamed carrots
snack - rice cakes, laughing cow cheese, clementine

I hope you all have a GREAT on plan.

mj5
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Good Morning! Super hectic day today...my work day yesterday ended w/ an incident at work, so today LOTS of paperwork. Ick.

Beverlyjoy--CONGRATS!!! 3lbs is awesome!!!

I am getting my hair cut tonight (yea!) and I see my orthopedist on Friday. I am looking forward to that 1. because I am hoping he can give me another injection before my knee starts to hurt really bad again and 2. I am taking the whole afternoon off and going shopping after my appt!!!!

soulnik
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey Chicas,

My two day meeting is over and today is a snow day. Stuck working from home. So, I’ll stay in my pj’s, turn on my IM, play Wii all day and hope no one asks me for any of the work that I should have completed while enjoying the snow day.

I planned a lot of food for the day. Partly because I woke up hungry at 4 am and had cereal so that took up some points. Also, if I’m gonna be stuck in the house, I don’t want to go off half cocked. I need to at least know what I’m going to do and have a plan for all the down time.

My food for the day:
Morning
1 cup(s) Total Raisin Bran 2
3/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 1.5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5

Midday
lean cuisine 6
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5

Evening
1 Turkey Lasanga 5

Snacks/Desserts
1 cup(s) grapes 1
1 small apple(s) 1
2-100 cal pack 2

@brandijune44 – Monday we ate at Panera and I had a salad and yesterday we had Qdoba and I had a naked burrito. Both places have nutritional info online. Qdoba has a nutritional calculator! Hope you feel better!

@mj5 – Nice chip amnesia! Who needs em?!?! Isn’t it great to not even think of that stuff any more? Enjoy the shopping today. Hope the doc helps with the knee.

@Slashnl – Very thoughtful about the sneezing. That’s why I always wipe down the equipment at the gym. I’m a total germaphobe. Hope you feel better!

@traci in training – Sounds like a good plan to me!

@Beverlyjoy – Thanks. It IS hard but I’m sticking to it. You guys definitely help. CONGRATS ON THE 3 LBS LOST!!!!

@rakel – Quesadilla sounds delic. Congrats on the weight loss!

Slashnl
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi all. Getting better now. I'm still sneezing some, but I think I'm better. I have to wait for the repair guy to look at my stove. The two big burners are not working, so I only have the two small ones to cook on. Not fun. I didn't work out today, but I'm planning on doing it tomorrow. I'll go to spin class and see how I do.

Beverly: Wow! Good job on the 3 pounds!

Soulnik: Are you getting sick of snow? I know I am!!

MJ: Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you!

Rakel: I love mushrooms, so it sounds good to me!

traci: You are good to go now. I'll bet it feels good to have it all done!

Have a great day everyone!

mj5
02-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi everyone! Work totally stinks right now...lots of incident w/ our residents and I had to fire someone yesterday. It had to be done, but I do not like doing that. Ugh. Today is going to be a really long day. I have a major report due (a 2nd draft of it) that I haven't had time to touch. I have to get to it first thing this morning!!!

I am really looking forward to seeing my ortho on Friday AND having a little "me" time for shopping afterwards.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

soulnik
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey Chicas,

@Slashnl - I am SOOOO over the snow.

Yesterday was a snow day but today I'm back in the office. It does make the work day go faster to be in the office but I can't work in my pj's. Tomorrow is my birthday and, though I'm tempted to eat like crazy, I'm going to stay on track. I weighed myself today and I'm down 2 lbs. I don't want to ruin it.

I'm afraid I have diabetes. I'm going to Walgreens for the free screening today. I'm an incredible hypochondriac so I may just crazy but I have symptoms.

I've only exercised once this week. Not good. I also realized that I haven't been getting my veggies in lately. I'll work on it.

Food for today:
Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
1/8 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0

Midday
Lean pizza - 6

Evening
2/3 Turkey Lasanga 6

Snacks/Desserts
2 - 100 cal packs - 4
1 small apple(s) 1

Beverlyjoy
02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi chicks - late in the day for my check in. Yesterday was a good day - I am so grateful. I got through another weigh in day without overeating- that's three weeks. I am very very grateful.

I was out the door early to a preschool for two programs. Then ran my mom around for some of her errands. She won't drive in all this snow - I don't' blame her. So I ate lunch at 2:30 - I was actually hungry - I mean really hungry not emotional hunger.

today -
breakfast - english muffin with pnb, 2 clementines
late lunch - lean cuisine pasta, mushrooms & cheese, fiber bar
dinner - ham and bean soup, veggies, corn bread
snack - rice cakes with pnb, fruit

Have a great day friends

rakel
02-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Dang. Sneezing like crazy today. I was going to work out at the gym, but I figured I wouldn't like it if someone else came in with watery eyes and lots of sneezing. This too shall pass.

I've had the "sneezes" for the past few months... I swear it's this Florida weather -- warm one day, cold the next.

GiddyupKaos
02-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I just read thru this whole thread... Can I join in!!?? You girls could really keep me on track.... :D

rakel
02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I just read thru this whole thread... Can I join in!!?? You girls could really keep me on track.... :D

Of course! Jump right in :)

rakel
02-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Not super healthy eating today, and my stomach is not happy about it. I just took some pepto bismol. Too many sweets + chili and some veggie mayo thing that I made instead of a quiche because I was out of eggs. It was more like a dip... I spread it on some bread with ham. No clue about the calories, but my tummy was a little upset, and then the chili... with the stomach combined with the sinus pressure + pain, I have been feeling pretty crummy for the past 2 days, so I didn't do much for exercise -- some free weights and that's about it. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and not be so lazy with my eating and exercising!

I'm not sure about my bathroom scale... I think it only goes up to 308.5. Usually when I get on it (and I'm over 308.5) it just goes through the numbers and then gives an error. This morning it actually went through process where it measures my body fat based on the height programed in for me, and spit out my weight as exactly 308.5. I'll try stepping on it every morning and see if it matches the Wii Fit... it'd be nice not to have to use the Wii Fit to weigh every time.

Beverlyjoy
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi chicks -

Yesterday went well - I am very grateful. I had a busy morning with two programs to do at a preschool. My neighbor came with me to help get things in and out -so I wouldn't have to walk on the lumpy bumpy parking lot with my sore ankle/foot. I need to call the doctor again - my cold and cough are just about gone (should be after 4 weeks) - but, my ear still is stuffed up, can't hear much and hurts. I am flying to Los Angeles in 10 days. I need to get this ear better for that!

breakfast - egg white scramble with mushrooms and onions, ketchip, pnb toast, clementine
lunch - tuna salad with lite mayo, crackers, cauliflower with icbinb
dinner = either waffle or sloppy joes (need to check with dh)
snack - rice cakes with laughging cow cheese, fruit

Have a great day - I'll try to get back for personals later, if I can.

rakel
02-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, again, my weight just wooshed down to 305.3 (yeah, that's like -4lbs). This is amazing because my eating has not been 100% on plan and my exercise this week has been a little sporadic, but my calories must still be within range and/or my metabolism must be really revving up! Hey, I'll take it. It seems like it goes down, then goes up a pound for a day or two and then plummets 2-4lbs again over the span of 4 days or so. I know this probably won't continue forever, but it's nice while it lasts! I can definitely tell my clothes are fitting better. I'm almost 1/3 of the way to my 1st goal! :)

mj5
02-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone! I'm here...just super busy between work and stuff at home.

I saw my ortho yesterday and he gave me an injection...which will make my knee feel better in a couple of days....of course, it will feel worse for a couple of days. Oh well, I know it does work! No gym or working out of any kind until Tues, drs order. Then I can "push it"...we talked about what that means, so I know what to do. We also game planned, again, in case this doesn't work. I LOVE my ortho!!!!

Food yesterday was bad....my eating schedule was off, so by the time I did eat I was starving....not a good idea!

Today will be better.

Have a great day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi chicks - yesterday went well. My menu had many twists and turns but I still was within my calories range. I am grateful.

today:
breakfast - grits with lite cheese, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - egg scramble with mushrooms, turkey pepperoni, lite cheese, toast
dinner - piece of steak, salad, mushrooms & onions, garlic toast
snack - rice cakes, pnb, honey, 1/2 banana

Have a great day.

raebeaR
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Hullo, chicks,

Sorry I've been AWOL.... just a quiet week since I'd cleared my calendar in anticipation of Old Flame's visit which then didn't occur. I took the opportunity to spend time with friends, catch up on shopping, rest and to think, think, think. I'm struggling with weight loss, probably because I'm in a food rut and not as well focused on it as I need to be.

mj5, sure hope the injection helps your knee at last!! You're lucky to have such a tuned-in ortho!! I'm sure it will make all the difference as you go forward with exercise. :carrot:

rakel, congratulations on the whoosh!!!! How's the new house? Have you moved in yet? :hug:

Beverlyjoy, I will add my good thoughts for a healed ear before travel!! Make sure to take antihistamines with you, just in case. I learned the hard way not to travel without them... hope the ankle/foot are better soon, too. :hug:

GiddyupKaos, :welcome: You've found a great bunch of chicks with whom to share your journey!! Please keep us posted!! :carrot:

soulnik, :bday2you:

I sincerely hope you don't have diabetes!! Congrats on the 2-lb. weight loss, and pat yourself on the back for reviewing your exercise and eating trends to make corrections!! :carrot:

Slashnl, hope the stove repair went well. I just replaced a wonky dishwasher, and boy, am I glad to have a functioning appliance again!! Hope you got to your spin class as planned. :hug:

Best to anyone else whom I may have missed!!

As for me, I'm not eating over my calories, but I've been in a funk and not eating as healthfully as I need to be. The evil scale reflects my ennui with this pursuit. I feel like a caterpillar inside her cocoon... something spectacular will happen one day soon, but I must be patient. Probably wouldn't hurt to be a bit more proactive, too. :woops:

Handyman calls daily, but it's not the same as him being here and I miss him. Old Flame remains bewildered at my decision to uninvite him to visit... he continues to call and has made me feel that perhaps my decision was too hasty. He hunted down and sent 2 bottles of one of my favorite wines in the world for Valentine's Day -- a most touching gesture. He thinks my decision was based on something he did wrong, and I seem unable to get him to understand otherwise -- which makes me feel terrible. I don't want to go into the specifics of what happened that night with Handyman which caused me to reevaluate the visit... Maybe I should just unplug the phone for a few months!!!

Oh, well. Back to losing weight... <sigh...>

Best, Rae

rakel
02-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Rae: not yet, we move next week!

Today I helped another friend move... and there's another friend down the pipeline that will probably be moving soon as well. I swear my friends are either pregnant, moving or both. :P

Food was not so good today. I hate way too many cookies. We had pizza at their house, which wasn't so good, but I at least kept it to 2 pieces of thin crust, extra sauce light cheese with tomatos, onions and bell peppers. So, not too bad, but then I did have 2.5 breadsticks with garlic sauce. The biggest thing were the cookies. They were small, but I'm sure packed a lot of calories. I lost count, but I think it was around 6 :X. They were just so good... ah well, at least it's not a habit.

PS: I'm finally starting my blog... it's been about 2 years, and I've finally got it together. It'll be about a lot of different things but mainly in the following categories: food, health, web & graphic design, interior design, arts/crafts, etc. Check it out! Bookmark it! :) novoelle.com (http://novoelle.com)

dgramie
02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Been in a food funk this week. Im thinking of just going back to counting calories...it worked before.I think tracking to much stuff is messing with my mind to much.
I have had a bad case of winter blahs this week.
I got shook out of them today..we had a fire in a light fixature and we are blessed to be at home when it happened. Hubby was actually in the process of changing the bulbs.I was able to trip the breaker and stop the fire. A wonderful friend came over and got our power working again after taking down the bad fixature and is going to replace it for us tomorrow. It was an antique and the wires had just worn out he said. Talk about a wake up call!!! We will have to replace the carpet where the sparks fell.
Food will be on track starting in the morning.

Beverlyjoy
02-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday went well. I am grateful. DH and I are celebrating Valentines's Day at our cousin's for dinner.

We are going to our cousin's house for dinner.

breakfast - english muffin, with pnb, clementine, t honey
lunch - deli turkey and lite cheese open face with lite mayo, veggies
snack - cereal, milk 1/2 banana
dinner - turkey, carrots, potatoes, salad, roll, taste of dessert
dinner - yogurt and cereal

Have a great day.

dgramie
02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
My favortie thing about snow is watching it fall. This year all of our snows have came at night and I didnt get to just sit and drink my coffee and enjoy watching it. Well I awoke this morning to snow falling.Its so pretty!! I am sick of snow but i am enjoying watching it this round.
Food
breakfast- coffee, thin bun ,peanut butter
lunch 1.5 cup of potato soup
dinner- chicken salad with grapes on a thin bun
exercise- 20 min

dgramie
02-14-2010, 11:38 PM
POP day!!

brandijune44
02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey ladies!

Just wanted to drop in real quick before I head to Weight Watchers and let you know that I'm still alive :) Last week was pretty horrible...I was stuck in bed all week with that "cold" that I felt coming on for weeks. I'm finally starting to feel better....will update you when I get back. I'm not looking forward to the scale this week after not being able to move an ounce last week but we'll just have to see I guess.

I missed my 3FC friends...so glad to be back!!!

Brandi