South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Molten Monday!

Wake up chickies! Colts lost, I am not happy but the game was interesting. SBD is going well. It's supposed to snow on Wed. here in the MD/DC/VA area and I ain't happy about it! Shovelling snow was probably good exercise for me but that doesn't mean I wanna do it, lol. I have a job fair/interview to attend on the eve of Valentine's Day. Wish me luck guys and gals. Looking forward to making my little sister breakfast later on today.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Who Dat? We Dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dancin' in da streets!!!!

It's going to be a long day today, but worth it! I'm sure the kids are going to be hyped up and sleepy all at the same time today. And I'll be right there with them.

FO, good luck with your job interview...hope you get the job.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-08-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #3  

Thanks femmecreole! I'm not happy with the Saints winning but they worked hard for the win.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday morning!

Okie, good luck on your interview! I hope it goes well and you make a good impression.

Cat, I bet it's wild and crazy in NO today! Congratulations on your team winning! It must have been extra special to watch the game with your DD.

It's looking like a long, snowy week. We're supposed to get another major snowstorm starting tomorrow night, on top of the 23 1/2 inches we already have. I don't know where we're going to put all this snow. I think I can honestly say that I've had enough of winter.
I have my hairdresser's appointment first thing today, but I'm just waiting to see what the roads are like before I go. I know there's going to be a lot of black ice out there, and I may just cancel. I took a hard fall on the ice yesterday and don't want a repeat of that today! Cindy called last night to let me know they made it home safely and the girls have a 2-hour delay, but she said to take my time coming over. I probably won't see the girls before they leave for school, but I'm sure I'll hear all about their weekend when they get home.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-08-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Okie - you fit right in here . Good luck at your job interview! And look at that ticker...almost in the 2's....WAHOOOOO!!!!!

Cat - hope you stay awake today (you too, Chelby!)

Good morning all other chickies!

Today is work and errands. I'm helping with the Alpha class tonight, so sure to eat poorly. I'm thinking of eating some of my soup or similar before I leave so I don't eat as much!

Have a great one!

cottage - good morning! I've considered what the spring melt is going to be like...nasty!! This snow will take a lonnnngg time to go away. Fun for the kids though! Glad to hear about cindy!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-08-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning and Congratulations to all you Saints fans. I am definitely not a football fan but am happy for the Saints and for NO. Also being a fan of a team that took forever to finally win a national championship I can empathize

Okie - Good luck with the interview. I've been looking for a new job for over a year and the economy stinks. Hope this one works out for you.

Cat - Enjoy your day

Cottage - Ouch, sorry to hear about the fall. I hate black ice. There's a spot I go by every morning and if there's ice that's where the cars will be in the median. I drive slowly until I pass it and have a better idea how the roads are. Sounds like you are getting all our snow his year. Take is easy this morning.

Twynn - Ahh spring melt, we call it mud season around here. Some of the back roads are worse in the spring than in the winter.
The soup sounds like a great idea. Good luck

It's just a normal Monday around here (as far as I know). Things will be interesting at work. We just heard last week that the state is thinking about centralizing one of the functions of our agency (not mine). I have to laugh because all those functions were moved to community agencies during Reagen because you could pay non profit staff less than state employees. Turns out computers are the cheapest employees of all. In some ways I think one point entry is great for clients. People shouldn't need to go to 6 different places and produce the same documentation every time to get the help they need. OTOH losing a local case worker is unfortunate. We are definitely in for at least a couple more hard years here.

Time to get moving. The Wii is already awake and I've had my first cup of coffee. Have a good Monday all
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
This talk of snow makes me think I'd better check the weather reports! I guess I was lulled into complacency when we didn't get more than a dusting on Saturday. Schools are closed next week - I can't believe it snuck up on me like that. I'd better check with my sitter to make sure she's available!

AF still not really here and it's driving me crazy. I was really counting on a whoosh next Friday when I weigh in...there's a school fundraiser on the Thursday night and it's going to be difficult for me to resist the treats there, but I've got to do it somehow.

Back to work...I'm also moving a little slowly this am!! Congrats to the Saints.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone for all the love and support. I have been looking for a year too Cyndi!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, DD wasn't here for the game....lucky girl, she was at a private party at a bar in the Quarter..in the middle of all the fun. That's one of the reasons she stayed. Haven't heard from her...the party is still going on!

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-08-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Okie, stop bragging about all your snow - I'm getting jealous! lol jk
No snow in sight for us and I'm missing my snowshoes!
(I'll admit I'm NOT missing the shoveling or slippery roads though.)

Cat, it was fun watching the celebration in the streets on the news this morning! Good luck at school today - I can imagine it will be a wild one! lol

Yikes Linda, sorry about your fall. I'm glad Cindy et al made it home safely yesterday. After the trip I bet the 2 hour delay will be a blessing at their house this morning. Enjoy your Monday.

Hi Twynn
I had soup before I went shopping with my friend Gail on Saturday evening. I ended up eating again anyway :blush: but I sure was glad I'd had the soup first... it made it much easier to eat carefully later on. lol

Cyndi, thank you for posting the link to Julie's website yesterday. What a talented woman - and what an awesome site! And DH and I had a great time with the bird puzzles. He's better at them than I am though.... I think I was trying to rush because my wii was calling me.

Morning Mmckellen! I am really looking forward to school being closed next week. lol It didn't sneak up on me though... I've been counting the days.

Today's another busy one for me - but next week is vacation. Meetings after school and then I've got to make 8 dozen heart shaped cookies tonight for a parent/child valentine celebration tomorrow night. I'm taking my little doggie to the vet this evening, too. I'm very worried about what we're going to hear though. I never thought I'd love a dog like I do this one.... I used to make fun of people who did. lol Ah well.

to those who haven't posted yet - enjoy your Monday everyone!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-08-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I don't know if any of you recognize me with the mud streaks all over my face. You see, I fell off the wagon this weekend (actually, I need to take responsibility for this - I jumped off the wagon) and it ran over me several times. I am back and recommitted today. This will be the week the scale will move DOWN for me! I had scrambled eggs with a pinch of shredded cheddar and about a quarter cup of salsa for breakfast and I just had a plain yogurt with a scoop of peanut butter and a spoonful of sugar-free chocolate milk powder as a snack. No veggies, I know, but I had to grab something quick. I'm going to have my veggie soup for lunch, so I'll make up for that veggie-less snack. For dinner we're having veggie burgers with lettuce, tomato, and pickles, and I'm going to make some deviled eggs. I think I'll do some bean salad, too. Then I found a package of cranberries in the fridge when I was cleaning it out last week so I'm going to make something with some apples and cranberries for dessert.

Quick check in for me. I don't have time to do personals now but will pop back in later. I've spent the morning cleaning. I finished the downstairs on Saturday, so all of downstairs has been decluttered and deep cleaned. Today I moved on to the second floor and started in Connor's room. I went through all his clothes and put away things that are too small. I also went through his toy bins and threw out all the trash that has accumulated in there. Man, one eight year old can make a huge mess! I completely emptied his closet and refolded and rehung all of the clothes so they're in a better order. Now I'm on to the third floor for regular Monday cleaning.

Better get to it so I can be done before I have to get the girls from school. See you all later on!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

FoodO - Good luck

Cat - I'm sure it will be crazy there.

Cottage - I hope the roads are okay. Anything new to your hair, or just the same ol'?

Twynn - Alpha dogs?

Cyndi - Happy Wii workout and Monday.

Mmc - You may be surprised... having your weigh in the day after the fundraiser may be great motivation to resist.

Heidi - I forgot about east coast vacation in Feb.; I grew up with that. Here we get a week in March. What is wrong with your dog?

Kara - Wait until you see what a mess they make when they are older! And too old for mom to go in their room. My DS 2 has so much crap that there is no where to put a foot down on the floor without hitting something.

I tried out DH's new treadmill yesterday and did some jogging intervals. My quads are sore! Gym today as usual. Then the gyno for my annual exam. So glad that only happens once a year.

Have a great day and week all!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for the wake up, Okie. I needed it. I love your positive attitude first thing in the AM, and am excited to see your ticker move down, too.

Cottage, I, too, am ready for for Spring. We're getting closer every day. Be careful out there. The first winter we came down from AK we had 6 ft of snow in one burst. Our biggest snow month here is usually March.

Cat,

Twynn, hope you have the best OP day possible.

Cyndi, I hope your Monday IS normal. We're getting low on some of our dehydrated stuff. I'm thinking our CSA should get going for a Spring share sometime in the near future.

Mmc, thinking now about your Thursday event will surely bring success. Not having kids, I'm trying to figure out why the schools are closed next week.

Heidi, I hope Penny is ok. I'd never had a small dog before, and while Penny is MUCH smaller than Bing, I'm still amazed every day at his little body and BIG personality. with all those cookies.

Kara, apples and cranberries sound good. I'm like you, I keep cleaning and it's never done.

Karen, it's snowing here but not much accumulation. Good for you, getting your "appointment" crossed off the list.

Me, slept in, and I'm going to try to get my rescue paperwork completed before Kirk wakes up. I'll go to both yoga water classes this morning, then get back to PW. I have a short week since we leave for Arizona Friday AM. Think I'll have to get the dogs to the sitter Thurs. night. I hope the snow passes by before then.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Just a quick check in this morning. Wasn't it a great game!?! Even the Colts fans have to be proud. Both teams played their hearts out.

I am hoping that today is better than Friday at the office. It really has to be.

Sophie, When I was a kid in Southwest Louisiana, we ate seafood. The poor people ate seafood because we could go out and catch it for free!

Happy Monday, Friends.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Kara - I'm dying here, dyin' I'm tellin' ya!! lol....I'm washing off that same mud from a week ago!!
Closed Thread