Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default pork tenderloin recipes

am looking forward to making pork tenderloing tomorrow and having something other than fish and chicken Would like to cook in crock pot?? Good idea? Seasoning/recipe recommendations for me>
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

I have never attempted to cook one in my crock pot but I have made several in the oven. They are so easy! Just cooked them in the oven for about 45 min - just be careful not to overcook it!
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #3  
Still feelin fat

S/C/G: 268.5/238.5/175

Height: 5/10

I buy a tenderloin from Sam's for around $10, cut it into thirds and then freeze 2/3 of it. When I cook it, I like to slice the tenderloin about 3/4" thick slices and throw it on the grill.
GettinSkinnyWithIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

I had forgotten about pork tenderloin! Great idea! I don't have any recipes that don't have a lot of sodium. Let me know how it turns out.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
am looking forward to making pork tenderloing tomorrow and having something other than fish and chicken Would like to cook in crock pot?? Good idea? Seasoning/recipe recommendations for me>
I've never prepared one in a crock pot. I first sear it on the stove. While that's going on, I drain a can of sauer kraut, add a packet of splenda and about a 1/4 teaspoon of caraway seed to the kraut. Then transfer the tenderloin to a baking pan (I've found a stoneware loaf pan works best), pour the kraut over the top, seal with foil and bake for about 40-45 minutes at 375. Enjoy!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

I just cooked pork loins for the first time OP last night! Did you know there's a difference between pork tenderloins and pork loins. I double checked the green menu and it lists pork loins. Please let me know if this really matters.

Here's how I cooked mine:
1. I marinated my meat in garlic
2. I browned the meat in olive oil first.
3. Then I stewed it by adding water, Kitchen Bouquet (for color), salt substitue, and more garlic powder
4. I simmered the meat for about an 1 1/2 (the water cooks out the longer you stew it). My meat was very tender.

BTW, I cooked the thin sliced pork loins.
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 169.8/122.8/129

I cut slits in a 3lb pork tenderloin and stuff garlic slices in it. I make a sauce with 1/2 cup of the "less Sodium" teriyaki sauce and 2TBLS of splenda brown sugar. Marinate it for 4 hrs at room tempature and turn it occassionally. Bake uncovered in the oven at 325°for 1 hr in mixture. You can cut this recipe in half and still have plenty of left overs. It is so tender and good.
Ooh La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by librariandiva View Post
I just cooked pork loins for the first time OP last night! Did you know there's a difference between pork tenderloins and pork loins. I double checked the green menu and it lists pork loins. Please let me know if this really matters.

Here's how I cooked mine:
1. I marinated my meat in garlic
2. I browned the meat in olive oil first.
3. Then I stewed it by adding water, Kitchen Bouquet (for color), salt substitue, and more garlic powder
4. I simmered the meat for about an 1 1/2 (the water cooks out the longer you stew it). My meat was very tender.

BTW, I cooked the thin sliced pork loins.
I asked question about "pork loins" vs. "pork tenderloins" and the same thing. YEA!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote