Old 02-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default From Beige to Green

I weighed in at 203 Friday and my center said when I was at 202 I could start the green menu. For the last 2 days I have cut my protein to 5 oz and I am feeling hungry for the first time on this diet. It really makes me nervous to think about going down to 4 oz.

For those of you on the green menu, I am curious as to how difficult the transition was for you. Also, did your weight loss pick up? From 6 to 5 is quite a jump. Any advice would be appreciated.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

I've been on the green menu for four days and today was the first time I felt hungry between meals. Personally, I think it was the two Diet Rite Colas I had today, because it's the only thing I've done differently.

I really haven't noticed the reduction...the only thing that has thrown me off is the "no fruit for breakfast". That's a little hard for me to get used to.
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #3  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

you don't get fruit for breakfast on the beige menu though.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #4  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
I weighed in at 203 Friday and my center said when I was at 202 I could start the green menu. For the last 2 days I have cut my protein to 5 oz and I am feeling hungry for the first time on this diet. It really makes me nervous to think about going down to 4 oz.

For those of you on the green menu, I am curious as to how difficult the transition was for you. Also, did your weight loss pick up? From 6 to 5 is quite a jump. Any advice would be appreciated.
I felt hungry after the drop to 4 oz and I still struggle with feeling content. My weight loss slowed up a lot also and it has been slow ever since.
My sister did not drop the oz's at 200 lbs and she is still losing at the same rate. She is at 189 lbs. and she's just now droping the oz's. That's why she is looking for an appetite supressant. It's doable but kind of annoying to feel hunger pains now.
I don't know why they drop the protein down 2 oz's, it seems like the more protein the better.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #5  

I don't understand why they don't drop the ounces more gradually. Isn't it interesting that your weight loss slowed down when you ate less food and your sister kept eating the same and her weight loss stayed the same?! I think I will stay at 5 oz as long as I am losing and if I hit a plateau I will go to 4. I'd rather eat a little more for now than risk blowing it if I get too hungry. I might also have less on the days I don't exercise.
Thank you!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

Helen,

I have been on the green menu for about 3 weeks and even now if I'm feeling particularly hungry at one meal I will eat a little more protein than 4 oz. I feel its better to increase my protein than eat something off plan.

It wasn't terribly difficult stepping down, but I did notice that I didn't stay full as long between meals and really started taking advantage of my HNS between meals to get me through.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/see tracker/185

I remember adding a fiber drink mid-morning sometimes. What was the morning protein on the beige menu?

Sara
HighMaintenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #8  

The morning proteins on the beige are: eggs, 3 oz cheese, 6 oz cottage cheese. You could also have something from group 3 instead which would be 6 oz of things like: chicken tilapia, tuna, turkey breast etc.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #9  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

I can not speak from experience but I would suggest maxing out your HNSs during the transition. I agree, it doesn't make sense decreasing your protein but it is part of getting used to decreasing portion size for the long term life style change. Congratulations on getting to ONERLAND!
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #10  

Does anyone have a beige menu for over 200#? Please email to:
shbowen1960 @ yahoo.com
shbowen is offline   Reply With Quote