Old 02-07-2010, 02:10 AM   #1  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Default I'm back at my highest weight again

I stepped on the scale to find that I am now at my highest weight again. I can't believe I had lost 40lbs before and then gained 40lbs pounds back. I'm really depressed now.

I can't believe I allowed myself to stuff my face and ruin all of my hard work.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Don't worry. I think almost all the ladies (at least I have) realized that we have gained all or at least some of our weight back. Use it as motivation. Just remember how bad you feel now, and how good you felt after you lost all that weight. You can do it!
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #3  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Katy is right, most (if not all!) of us have gained at least some weight back. For me, it was 25 pounds. It took me 2 years to get back on track and I'm still mad at myself for that. Try not to wait as long as I did. You lost it before and you most certainly can do it again! Good luck!!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #4  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

i agree with the other ladies.. i loss 40 pounds just like you and i gained it back because i personally got cocky. I hated myself for doing it and it was so hard to start all over again but you know what i did it. I started it the same way i gained it 1 pound at a time and soon i lost more than i did that first time around. im shy of making my 60 pound goal soon.. Now i know the signs to look for when i start getting full of myself. Believe me you wont make a mistake twice when you think about all the blood sweat and tears that made you get so far,, you can you it.. i believe in you. we all fall its how you decided to pick yourself up that matters..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #5  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

in early 2007 i notice i started gaining some weight back. ive been trying to get back on the wagon but since then i have been gaining weight instead of losing weight.

i can't just stop eating junk food. some times ill go 2 weeks doing fine then i have a relapse.

I have no will power. everyday i tell myself im going keep my body free of junk and then i go and eat junk.

i just feel like a fat failure. sometimes i feel like i'll never be thin.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #6  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

You did it once and you can do it again!!! Maybe try taking it in baby steps and learn to eat in moderation. A little junk isn't bad but alot of it is! Maybe give yourself one cheat day a week that you can have whatever you want. You are NOT a failure!!! Just take one day and one pound at a time...
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Keep your head up. As someone else said - we've all done it. I know that I have - I too am back up to my highest weight. You can do it, just keep working at it.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by helwa588 View Post
I stepped on the scale to find that I am now at my highest weight again. I can't believe I had lost 40lbs before and then gained 40lbs pounds back. I'm really depressed now.

I can't believe I allowed myself to stuff my face and ruin all of my hard work.
I know how that feels. I worked my rump off to lose 50lbs and then I just quit for no good reason and gained it all back PLUS 10. Very frustrating to look back at and think that now I gotta undo what I did again.

BUT now you know you are perfectly capable of doing this, so get to work. And take some time to look at WHY? you didn't continue that lifestyle so that this time around you don't do it again!!

You can do it. but then. YOU should already know that!!!
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

When I was a teenager, I dropped 50 pounds by starving and then gained 70 back by binging. This time I'm doing it excruciatingly slowly to make sure it sticks!

Don't beat yourself up about it. Beating can lead to extreme restriction for "punishment," and that would just start the cycle over again. Take it one day at a time; we're here to for you!

Last edited by tkm256; 02-07-2010 at 11:24 AM.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I posted a similar post yesterday. We all have started over at one point (or multiple points). The main thing is you realized it and came back here for help and support. We can do this together. I have spent the last two weeks making horrible decisions and put on like 5 lbs in 2 weeks! I can't do that. I have started going in the other direction. This morning I am down 1.2 from my 'start over' weight. That is great! I know that it is now going in the right direction, it is going to keep going that way.

So jump in an start over! Once you do and see that number go down, you will be happier. You will be in control. There are far too many things in this world that we can't control, so lets master the ones we can. Are you up for it?

To everyone starting over: I'm going to make a new thread for us. I want someone to answer to. I will be watching for you. We can talk about the struggles and victories of starting over. We can do it together.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #11  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I've done it! Lost weight gained it ALL back plus some. I did the same thing as Tiara said.. . I got cocky. So it was a huge slap in the face.

The thing is that you have realized that you need to do this and you can! I along with many others are restarting the journey. So here we go again!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #12  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

I've done it too. More then once. In fact I just finished re-losing 50 I gained last fall/winter, and I've gone up and down 40-50lbs a number of times.

I choose to look at it this way though... You're going to live your life likely watching what you eat and being diligent about it, so even if you hadn't gained that weight back you'd still be doing this. Right? So instead of looking back and being mad, just start.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #13  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel! I lost 20lbs in 10th grade and kept it off until I started college. Then, I gained the freshman 15, which turned into the sophmore 20...etc. And now lots of my clothes don't fit and my roommate who is almost 7 inches taller than me is only one size bigger than me! And let me tell you, that size is fast approaching. It's really hard not being bitter and throwing a pity party. I guess it's just accepting that I'll never be one of those people who just "forgets to eat." (What is UP with those people?!) And the pity parties don't help. If you fall off the horse, you just have to get back on.
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

rosekeet: I occassionally "forget to eat," but only in extreme circumstances (e.g. I'm programming something, finishing a project for work, planning an exciting trip, or watching/reading/playing a show/book/Zelda game and can't tear myself away before I found out what happens).

It's not as great as it sounds, because once you remember that you haven't eaten and go into the kitchen and see food, a day's worth of hunger catches up to you! And then you have to force yourself to eat really slowly and wait half an hour before going for seconds (or thirds) because if you don't, the next thing you know you're bursting at the seams.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #15  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I must agree with Katy on this one. we all have some time or another fallen off the wagon and have gained back some if not all of our weight. I know i have!
the only thing you should feel depressed about it if you stay down and dont try to do anything about it! you did it once and you can do it again!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote