South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Super Bowl Weekend! Beach Chat

Good Morning Everyone

It's way too early considering I stayed up last night watching BBall...but I really do have stuff to get done this morning. I have 2 cheesecakes to make for the annual cake/pie auction tomorrow at church. Since my oven is more reliable here I'd like to get them both done and transport. Kirk has offered to do all the housecleaning today-nice! First things first, however.... and chatting. My day always goes better when I get my priorities straight. I'm wondering if all you east coast chickies have lots of snow...ah reminder...I have WNYC on my computer, I'll listen to the news while everyone is waking up.

What's in the weekend plan? Fun? Work? Fan or not? Stop by and chat and share your thoughts.

I'm sending for anyone with Super Bowl food temptations. Me, staying OP!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Where is the rest of the country? Sleeping under the snow? I went to bed last night with DH and DS still stuck on the tarmac in Chicago. They sat for a long time, knowing they had missed their flight home. They will be on a plane again within the hour. I expect grumpiness here today

Debbie - Gotta love a man who cleans! And offers, no less. Have a great day and weekend.

Catch you all later chicks.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen! No snow here...it's actually pretty mild outside. I hope your guys are on their way home by now. Do they fly into Wichita? Maybe they'll just be glad to get home and grumpiness is not on the agenda.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a white-out weekend here. Right now we have 8" on the ground, and they telling us the worse is yet to come.

Debbie, where's my coffee? You were sure up early after a late night! I hope you get your cakes baked, and I think Kirk deserves something special for cleaning the house. The Super Bowl isn't a big deal for us, Jake may turn it on occasionally just to be able to talk about it with the guys at work on Monday, but I don't even know who's playing.

WaistingT, how is it that you mid-westerners are up before us easterners? I hope your DH and DS make it home without any more delays.

We're snowed in and there's no sense in being in a hurry to shovel while it's still coming down heavy. I think I'll make us a nice breakfast of omelettes and veggie sausage to fuel us for the day. I've been thinking of making some Black Bean Brownies later on. Other than that, I'll spend the day reading and working on my jigsaw puzzle.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #5  

Is there a chat feature on here? We need one

They fly into Kansas City; we live in a suburb of KC Missouri on the Kansas side of the line. They are on the plane! Due to take off at 6:00. The irony (or is it coincidence) is that DH really did not want to take this trip. I usually do all the college visits but had already seen Syracuse with DS1. Probably my son will go back to bed when he gets home and emerge late in the day. He has indoor soccer at 10 tonight.

It makes me smile to be the the only two out here since most of the chicks are in an earlier time zone!

BTW - we got 5 very heavy inches and are due 6 plus more tomorrow. Nothing like the east though!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #6  

Spoke too soon! Hello Cottage Your snow day sounds relaxing. That reminds me to check in with DS2... but later... don't want to wake a college kid on a weekend!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just heard a new term - snowpocalypse. It sure looks like one!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early risers Plenty of coffee here and I can always make more (and I'm sure I will this afternoon!). I'm happy to report not a single flake falling here for a change.

Debbie - I still love cheesecake. Luckily it doesn't require lots of sweetener and can be adapted now and then. Are they plain cheesecakes?
Oh, and before I forget - at my age?!?!

Karen- We learned two years ago that the most important rule of winter flying is Never fly through Chicago. We spent an unplanned and unpleasant overnight Super Bowl night in Midway. Hope everyone is home soon and naps instead of being cranky

Cottage - Sounds like a perfect weekend for curling up with a good book and a mug of tea. I love to bake during storms too. Something very cozy about being inside with yummy smells coming from the kitchen Hope your power stays on and you enjoy your peaceful day.

Today we have all the usual weekend stuff and then the benefit show for the warming shelter tonight. I don't have a list of new recipes lined up for the weekend. Might be back to regulars this week Right now I just need my coffee. Hope it's warm and cozy where you are.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES!!!

I am SO excited with all the snow out there! I normally don't let reesie pup off a leash, but how far can she go when her legs are completely in the snow?!?!? LOVE IT!!!

Lexiss - a man that cleans? Is that real? Mine used to. It seems to be directly related to ... ummmm... nevermind .

cottage - is it as pretty there as it is here? My DH is very excited to get his huge snowblower out. I want to make a snow fort!

Karen - hope they're not TOO grumpy for you!!

Me - I have to work?!?!? You've GOT to be kidding me. I'm hoping they all cancel, or even just move to later in the day so the roads are cleared...it's prettybad out there! I'm guessing we're 8-10 inches as well, with it still falling!

If I don't go in (and if I do, I'll just go play later!), I want to make a snow fort and let the reesie pup wear herself out in all that snow!!

on the diet side of things...I was pleasantly surprised. My DH met me for lunch at a restaurant I'm not wild about for beachy foods, and I'm trying hard not to have grains this week (read: poor iceberg lettuce salads, etc). Their soup of the day was black bean, and it was Great!! I tend to think they thickened it with flour or similar instead of beans, but that's better than I hoped for ! It had big chunks of pepper, onion, and tomato in it. That, with a side salad, was great!!

Have a fabulous day, chickies!

Cyndi - simulpost! Good luck at the benefit tonight!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-06-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! I hate to tell you guys that we have a glorious and clear sunrise and no snow in sight until Monday. For once, the storm won't cross the St Lawrence. I hope all the snowbunnies stay, safe and warm and lit!

Debbie, can you clone Kirk? He sounds like a real gem of a guy. Safe transport of the cheesecakes. I am not a fan of sports but do watch the Rosebowl PArade sometimes. Does that count?

WaistingTime, I do hope your guys are safely home soon. Yes, they'll probably be grumpy and hit the sack asap. Re chat, we used to have one but it was hard to use and quite expensive to maintain so it was dropped at contract renewal time.

Cottage, it sounds like you are going to have a cozy day. I wish I could join you and Jake - I love jigsaw puzzles too. I hope your power stays on so you can do those brownies. (Do you know I've never had one?)

Still can't get my C drive to open to load some new software but the rest of this new critter seems fine. First thing I bookmarked was 3FC! I'll worry about the C drive on Monday when Karen is back at work.

Winter Carnival Day is happening in the next Village. I bought the soccer girls their wieners, buns and hot chocolate to sell as we still are having trouble raising enough money for the Sweden trip. I'll run the supplies over late this morning, do a bit of PR with the Mayor and then take off to Kingston. I'm off to a birthday party in Ottawa around noon tomorrow and need to get a neat gift for Tayler, my grandaughter. I have to maintain my reputation as the "fun" grandma so.... Maybe I'll get her a fake tattoo and freak her parents.

So Cyndi and Twynn are in here too. Good morning. Cyndi, I hope you have a cozy day and the do tonight raises lots of $$. Twynn, I love seeing dogs play in the snow. Do you have pictures of Reesie? My two love being "dry-cleaned" when we have the right texture of snow.

Need to crank up this day. See y'all later.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #11  

I've been up since 3 am and had to dig out a place for our puppies to use the bathroom. They don't know what to think about all this snow. They have seen snow before, but not this much. Today I will probably do some cooking and cleaning. I already got in a load of laundry.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! We have a bit of snow here, but not much. There goes the idea of sledding. Instead we'll go to a camp open house this afternoon and then maybe out to dinner - middle eastern. My husband bought a box for tomorrow's game - the box is 0 and 8. It pays out after each quarter. I don't really understand how these things work (for goodness sake I don't even understand football), but we'll watch the game and I like the commercials too.

Hope you all survive the snow. I have to say I'm glad it's missing us!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Snow Bunnies!

Debbie, Do you make SF cheesecake? My MIL has a recipe for SF pumpkin cheesecake that is really yummy.

Karen, I was stuck in the Detroit airport two days before Christmas when I used to travel for my job. I was absolutely grouchy! I bet your guys will be happy by the time they get home.

Cottage, It actually sounds cozy being snowed in -- as long as the power stays on.

Twynn, Famous last words: How far can she go?

Cyndi, Is the snow on it's way to your house?

Ruth, I never had a 'fun' Grandma. My Grandma bought me Playtex 18 Hour bras every time I needed a present. That was fun to open at birthdays and Christmas!

Annie & Mmc, Good Morning!

Me: We are getting ready for a Mardi Gras party next weekend. I'm planning on splurging next Saturday and then getting right back on plan. We have a big party every year -- 30+ people! My BIL makes the best margaritas in the world!

We're having a Super Bowl party tomorrow, but just with family. Honestly, I'm not a football fan, but I'm excited for New Orleans and the State of Louisiana. It's their turn for some good things to happen.

I'm thinking about all you Eastern Chickies. Stay warm!

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-06-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Karen - just reread your post. I'm a Syracuse alum. Hope he likes basketball

Chelby - no snow heading here.

Mmc - I love good Middle Eastern food. Yum.

Twynn - How nice to find a good black bean soup. Hope you get to stay home today. The snow is a lot more fun if you don't have to drive in it.

Ruth - They should be able to replace that drive (DVD? CD?) pretty easily. What a PIA though.

We are definitely no football fans. I thought they Super Bowl was two weeks ago because everyone was so excited I am excited for New Orleans. I"ll check the score in the morning

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-06-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, sorry about the coffee! I hadn't even had mine but wanted to say hi before I immersed into my world of baking. Have fun puzzling!

Cyndi, it's a chocolate cheesecake. It always turns out perfect as long as I follow directions. Last year it sold for $100. Oh, and about that other subject....unfortunately I think you know what I mean... I hope you have fun tonight and raise not only $$ but awareness!

Twynn, I'm sure there is an ulterior motive for the cleaning but...well you know...at least the house will be clean, too. Sorry you have to work, but I'm glad to hear RP is enjoying the snow.

Ruth, I'll bet the sunrise was beautiful. It's still dark here. I'm not much into football but in the States Animal Planet has a Puppy Bowl at the same time and it's hilarious! I think you would enjoy it. Your trip sounds fun...Fun Grandma-it suits you well.

AnnieC, have a great day!

Mmc, middle eastern food sounds great! I'm glad the snow is missing you.

Chelby, I haven't tried SF cheesecake and I'm sure not eating any of this one! I make one for the sale and one for Kirk. Since I am so aware of what's in it, it holds small appeal for me. I've worked too hard for it to be worth it! Too funny about Grandma...I guess you could call her Practical Nana!

Ok, off to work. I am going to do alot of stuff while Kirk does the hard core cleaning...wash the kitchen cabinets, etc. Ahh...the sun is coming up...it looks to be a nice day here.
Closed Thread