100 lb. Club - My veggie/fruit feast

View Full Version : My veggie/fruit feast

cfmama
02-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Is SO FREAKING MUCH FUN!

Today I had a banana and orange for breakfast. Brussell sprouts, corn and blueberries for lunch. 2 banana's and 2 cups of watermelon throughout the afternoon for snacks. Orange, apple, edamame and 4 cups of salad for dinner. I am stuffed!!!!

Then tonight I went shopping... so on the menu tomorrow is peaches, starfruit, dragonfruit, mango, strawberries, spinach, kale, peppers and carrots.

Yum!!!

and by the way? This "feast" is accomplishing EXACTLY what I hoped it would... guess who's been pooping ALL FREAKING DAY. Yep. That would be me. YAYYYY!!!!!!

calluna
02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
ROFLMAO!!! I did, I laughed out loud! Congratulations on your "whoosh"!!!!

Summer2010
02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Finally! Good job!

traci in training
02-05-2010, 11:44 PM
A chemical-free fix! Great job!

ANewCreation
02-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Believe it or not, I've been waiting for an update and I'm so happy everything is back on track!!!!

Arctic Mama
02-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Yay for yummy nutrients and fiber :)

rockinrobin
02-06-2010, 06:28 AM
you're basically describing a typical day for me, though I throw in a bit of protein. It's veggies, veggies, veggies, and some fruit - all day long - from first thing in the morning till into the evening.

And well, ummm, yeah - I have never, ever not even one day since I started my "journey" had any bathroom *issues*.

Oh and don't forget all the wonderful things you can do with cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage - yummy, healthy, filling and very *moving*.

Glad to hear things are going in the right - direction.

marigrace
02-06-2010, 06:35 AM
I am so glad it is working for you.

Beverlyjoy
02-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Hallelujah !!!!

LizR
02-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Whoot! The scale will move next. :D

Eliana
02-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Interesting. I honestly thought you were grasping at straws. I did not know that could work.

I'll be curious to see what this does to your progress. ;) I'm at the I'll-try-anything phase.

UrthWurm
02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Wow, awesome! :D I'm definitely trying to eat more like this. Which should be a given, right, being vegetarian? But sadly I'm one of those "have to have my grain fix" vegetarians. :lol: I'm also not a big salad lover... Well, you know what they say: Progress, not perfection. :moo:

FitGirlyGirl
02-06-2010, 10:02 AM
:woohoo: I'm glad to see you got things fixed, and in such a yummy way too, and your food for today sounds even yummier - I love love love star fruit and dragon fruit. Dangit woman! I might have to go to the store now.

PeanutsMom704
02-06-2010, 10:24 AM
glad everything is working now. Enjoy your feast!

JustBeckyV
02-06-2010, 10:30 AM
LOL That is great!

cfmama
02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
and the result after one day??? 5 FREAKING POUNDS LOST. How much poop was in there??????

cathydoe
02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh and don't forget all the wonderful things you can do with cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage - yummy, healthy, filling and very *moving*.

Glad to hear things are going in the right - direction.

:rofl: I LOVE the play with words!!

Those of us that live "down stream" to the "Poop Queen" raise their hand! I think we might want to get nervous!

:D Love ya! So glad you are happy!!!

kaplods
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I have IBS, so a veggie/fruit feast causes severe diarrhea, far too much of the intended reaction. Getting things moving is great, severe abdominal pain and having to stay within 20 feet of the bathroom all day, not so much.

It's great for the weight loss, but it's a rather uncomfortable way to go about it.

I still do it to myself every summer though. Not so much deliberately, it's just that the local farmers' markets have such yummy produce that I overbuy and overeat. I try to be careful, and try to find the sweet spot of maximum produce consumption without severe symptoms, but I often miscalculate.

Ranier cherry season is my one exception. I know I'm going to make myself sick, but the season is so short, and the cherries so wonderful that for two to three weeks, I go on the cherry and sweetcorn diet. Tastebuds are very happy, scale is very happy too. Digestive system, not so happy.

lovemyboy
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I've never heard of dragonfruit. Glad your plan is working.