Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #1  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Yesterday was a DISASTER

I've been doing the Couch 2 5K running program, and today should be my last day of week 2. But on wednesday, on top of my running I decided to do my strength training workout for my legs. Bad idea. I only got halfway through, and I woke up yesterday with extremely sore legs. Like, walking was a struggle. I went to class and BARELY hobbled up the 2 flights of stairs to my class. Today it's a little better, but I can't run today. Any suggestions on what might help? Also, did I just overwork my muscles?

Oh, and I went over my points yesterday. I had a few drinks with a friend of mine and I stayed on point, but it was the food I ate that made me go WAY over. Like I ate the rest of my flex points, and into today to (I'm starting at 26 instead of 29.) I don't know what came over me. I feel bad, although I remember the positive thinking worksheet I got at my first meeting, so I'm trying to tell myself I just made a BIG mistake, and just get back on the wagon.

I'm payin for it now. Not only do my legs still hurt, but I can't do my walk, I can't run, I can barely get to class, and I HAVE to stay on/under point till sunday. Cool.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Unfortunately it sounds like all you did was overwork your muscles. I say unfortunately because the only thing that will help it to feel/get better is rest. If you can, walk but not very fast. Just keep moving today. Or try to do some other form of cardio like shadow boxing.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #3  
natalie

I took your suggestion and went for a walk anyway. I did the usual round, I just walked much slower. I felt better.

I've been eating on point today, and I talked to my boyfriend about yesterday and how it made me feel. I know that sounds cheesy, but I dunno. It's therapeutic I guess. He went on my walk with me lol.

Weigh in sunday. It's on like donkey kong.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  
natalie

Aaaand I still lost 4.2! Booyah!