Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking Not technically new...

Hey there everyone ! My name is Vanessa and I'm 29 from NY. I'm not really new on here. I've been coming on for a while now just looking around and I have left a few random posts but I wanted to introduce myself to possibly find someone with the similar goals as me to keep each other on track and have some support.
I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I went to weight loss camp when I was 15 and lost about 30lbs which was great but it's been a long time since then. I am now 5'3" and about 165LBS. I want to lose about 30-35 LBS. I have no support from my family, they are actually terrible at taking care of themselves and are overweight and unhealthy. I look at my parents and think to myself that I do NOT want to be in their condition when I'm their age. The only way not to let that happen is to finally take control and get healthy.
I have been on and off diets and some were successful but they didn't succeed forever, that's why I'm here ! I always lost a lot of weight and got really into working out and then months would go by and I would just lose it. I'm not really sure why though. I guess just getting caught up in life and responsibilities got the better of me.
I have been in a relationship for 5 years now and I gained about 50 LBS, lost some but keep most of that weight on. My significant other is naturally skinny and LAZY which makes it hard for me because I'm the only one who really has to watch exactly what I eat and how frequently I work out.
Anyway, I eat because I love food and because I'm in a way emotionally attached to it. Food always has been a comfort to me in times of need and it's hard to break that relationship up but it HAS TO BE DONE !
So, I'm writing this to say HI to everyone and possibly meet someone who can help me stay on track and I could help them as well.
Ok now that I've typed a short story Hope to hear from you all !
Having a great day !!!

Last edited by PlatinumGi; 02-05-2010 at 07:37 AM.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Platinum!

Glad to have you join us - a lot of us start off as lurkers but jump right in to any of the many forums here - maybe try the 20 somethings and the weight loss support forums and a must is the success stories, they are just the thing to keep you on track and motivated.

Many of us here can relate to your story, emotional eating for comfort as well as feeling alone in the struggle to change our realtionship to food. The great thing about being here is that no matter how much you need to lose, some have more and others less, we all have to do it a day at a time, a pound at a time and the really good thing is we have lots of company and support along the way!

So good luck with your goals - you've definitely found the right place - I know it will make a big difference in your success - it certainly has for me.

All the best,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 02-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to 3fc's ~ this is a very supportive place as you probably have already noticed; and there are lots of great people here too. We have a 20-Something forum where you could meet others with similar interests, plus food plan forums, and exercise threads, and so many others. Look around, read lots, then just jump right in wherever you feel comfortable ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default thanks :)

thanks for the replies ! it's so comforting to know that there are other people out there with similar struggles. Sometimes living w so many people around me who don't struggle with weight the way I do or people who just don't care about their weight can make me feel alone. I hope to find a support system here and possibly some new friends
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote