Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Just found out I am pregnant - Q about jogging

Hello! I *just* found out I am pregnant and am still a good 30 lbs. above my ultimate goal weight. I started jogging back in November, for fitness and fun (my dog loves it) and have gotten up to 2.5 - 3 mile nightly runs.

For how long do you think I can keep this up? Until my belly gets too jiggly? Until 2nd trimester? I'm trying to get a doctor appt., but since the chickies here are so knowledgable about health and fitness, I trust your opinions more than most random stranger on the internet.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

If you did this prior to pregnancy, you can keep it up throughout your pregnancy. Every person is different, so your body will know when it is time to stop. Some women can go jogging until the day they give birth. Personally, I am starting to have difficulty with some exercises (I was VERY active for many years prior), because your pelvis begins to change and throws off your balance. Your body will tell you. I'm not sure how far along you are, but you might back off during morning sickness (which is fine).

As for the dog, I still hike with him 3-5 miles per day, I might have to enroll him into daycare soon just because he is starting to become difficult to control (I could do it before, but now it gets hard)
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Make sure you have good sneakers and a good sports bra! I had to stop when I was PG, b/c my joints couldn't take it... But I think I made it 4 or 5 months in. After that point walking was great. But I did a couple of runs this summer where I saw a preggo woman... she had to have been 7 months along and she totally kicked my @$$.

Just remember = while PG, you are not jogging to push yourself - just focus on maintaining at the level you are at and you should be good to go! (And check with your dr., too!)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

First off.....Congratulations!!!!!!
I agree, from everything I've read in Dr. sears book. If you were active before pregnancy you can continue but I think that as you get further along the gravity factor starts playing a role so he suggests slowing it down to a brisk walk.
I've been doing brisk walks since before pregnancy on an incline (treadmill), I have dropped the speed alittle but I still walk for 30 min-1 hour a day.
**listen to your body and the advise of your doctor/midwife if they say its okay then keep doing it. I only say this because my mom and dh keep nagging me that I need to take it easy because I'm pregnant. I keep telling them that I was active before and professionals say that my activity is perfectly fine. true I might have to decrease the speed later on but the baby is gooding good.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Thanks!

I already have good sneakers and a *very* good bra. I just can't run w/o both of them.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote