Support Groups - Stop Wishing and Hoping and Start Deciding and Embracing

SecondGlance
02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi All!

I'm not new.. well I haven't been here in about 3 years, but I do know the site and how effective it truly is. I gave myself a SecondGlance and decided it's time to start anew. I have about the same story as many of you have. Lost the weight only to regain. I spent the three years fighting and struggling to keep from gaining all the weight back. Three years feeding myself a defeated message.

I learned something. The only reason I was defeated was because I believed I was. We all make choices and we all have the power to control our lives and how we respond and react to something affecting us. I decided to let the doubts, the sadness, and the defeat take over. I then decided to fill that horrible feeling with food. Key word here is 'DECIDE', so why not decide to defeat your defeated self? We have to believe it's a choice, and have to decide to make the better choice because we deserve it.

I'm looking for some support and to offer support in this life changing decision of living a healthier life. Please if you're interested in getting serious along with me I'd love to get to know you. Together we can make a choice to live each day towards a goal to a healthier, happier, thinner life!

LotusMama
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello and welcome back! I completely agree with your statement that weight loss is all about choices. It is so true!

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J

chubbyteenmom
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Good Luck! We can all offer the support you need to "get the job done"!

SecondGlance
02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks very much! :D

Today I'm feeling really excited and determined. I'm actually going to grill a chicken breast to top a salad for lunch, instead of the usual.. "I'm starving.. grab whatever is fast and easy!"

Hope to meet more of you!

MyJourney2Slim
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Hello All,

Well I'm new to posting, But have been coming here and reading the post here for a while. Well a little about my self I have been overweight for about 12 years I never had a weight problem before that. But I did make the Choice to become overweight. I got so sick and tired of watching what I ate back then now granted I didn't eat healthy at all I just wanted to eat what ever I wanted at any occasion. I have tried a few diets over the years but I just couldn't stick with them. Then about 5 year ago I was at my heaviest weight of 244. So I went on the South Beach Diet I did it faithfully for 1 1/2 years and lost 50 pound and then started to gain weight. I got angry and quit I didn't understand why I gained when I was being so faithful. I now realize it was because even though I was eating right I was eating to much of the right foods.
So here I am now Hoping, Wishing, Waiting to be thin again. Well It's not going to happen if I don't DECIDE and DO something about it. I have to make that Choice just like I did 12 years ago, but this time a Choice to be Healthy, thin and Care about me. So Yes it most certainly is a CHOICE.. With all that being said I would love to Give, Get Support. I Understand the fears you are feeling because I fear them too. But like I said above I have a Choice and I don't want to stay overweight any longer. So let conquer those fears together. Oh I would like to say Lori259, LoriBell, RockinRobin, Glory87, and Thighs be Gone, You all are such a motivation to me I read your post daily Thanks. Now its time for me to stop just reading and getting working at it.
Have a Great Day!

SecondGlance
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi Journey, it's great to meet you! It sounds like we're both in similar boats. Awesome! We both know how easy it is to feel like it's pointless to even try and then decide to .. should I say give up or allow ourselves too much leeway leading to an eventual fail.

I look forward to getting to know you further as we face these choices and decide what's best for us!

MyJourney2Slim
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi Second,
I'ts nice to meet you too. Now I need to make a plan. I know I want to eat healthy and count calories but not sure how much leeway I want to give myself for things like sugar or white flour. My mind is still programed for South Beach when it comes to dieting that when I do diet I fill like I failed if I eat those things. This is where I fill stuck I want this to be a lifestyle change for life but how do I get out of this. I say to myself, oh I ate something with sugar in it so well since sugar is still in your system you might as well have more you can start back up tomorrow but I don't I just do this over and over. I want to stop this crazy thinking lol. Thanks for listening. So Second do you have a plan?

SecondGlance
02-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Good day Journey! :wave:

I know completely how you feel. I'm exactly the same way when it comes to the snowball effect losing control when tasting something you feel is on the 'no, no' list. I spent or shall I say wasted so much of my life just about doing that everyday... saying I'll fix my mistake tomorrow with a really good on target day. But, when tomorrow comes you do the exact same thing with something else! It's like a never ending cycle until we decide enough is enough! So much of the battle is what we tell ourselves, and let ourselves believe. But you already know that! :)

I'm no expert but I have watched every season of Biggest Loser.. LOL! And they consistantly say the equation to weight loss is calories in vs. out. Strive to create a deficit each day. I understand your struggle with trying to balance sugar and carbs and the whole spectrum of what you're suppose to watch. In the end that's what put so much pressure on me the last time. It got so confusing I didn't know what to eat anymore. I couldn't have a banana because of the carbs, I couldn't have something else because the sugar, or I'm not getting enough protein because I'm worried about going over my daily fat intake. Sheesh! It was spinning around and around where it became impossible (or should I say.. I didn't want to do it) to track each day. I eventually gave up and fed my disappointment in myself.

I'm a firm believer (or I wanna be.LOL) that if you eat good whole food, nothing is really that bad for you, in moderation of course. I actually started following the Diabetes D-Tour Diet yesterday. I don't have diabetes, although it runs in my family, but I found that eating a way that balances your blood sugar gives me more energy and I don't have those intense hunger pangs that drive you to the fridge or pantry. Have you heard about eating according the the GI tract? Everything is there, but like I said in moderation. I average 1400/1500 calories a day and I work out at Curves. So, right now that is my plan. It may need some tweaking as time goes by, but it sure is a heck of a lot better than the way I was eating. Any change right now is good right? I guess throughout all that babble I'm trying to say, start simple and tweak as you feel the need to. Begin by watching your calories.

I had a really on target day yesterday (Day One), for the first time in a VERY long time and it proved to be successful. I'm down 2.5lbs this morning. I know it's probaly water weight or mere fluctuation... but it's sure looks good on the scale! :D

Sorry for the long post.. I did't intend to babble! Have a great day!

Hello to anyone else who would like to join us! :wave:

MyJourney2Slim
02-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Second , Oh I never heard of the Diabetes D-Tour Diet but I would like hear more about it, is there a book?

MyJourney2Slim
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Second, Opps I forgot to say congrats on your 2.5 lbs loss..:cp:

SecondGlance
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, there is a book. I actually am 'borrowing' it from my mother. (She's obsessed with buying diet books.. just told me about another yesterday). You can preview the ideals of it online, just google it. I used her other book the Sugar Solution a couple of years ago. As I said, I feel really good eating to balance my blood sugar.

Thanks for the congrats! ;)

MyJourney2Slim
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Second,

I went to the library yesterday and check out both those books. I also check out a book called The Complete Beck diet for Life, I have no idea if the plan is any good but It talks alot about the way we think about food, dieting , the wrong kind of thinking about food and how to change that thinking. Thanks and have a Good day!

SecondGlance
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Good morning Journey!

I hope your well. I just googled the Beck book and wow! If a person could get to thinking like that, hitting the wall (plateau) or days of scale frustration would seem like a breeze to get past. Let me know what you think of it the more you delve into it.

I had another really on target day yesterday and managed another 1.5lbs loss. 4lbs. total. I'm very motivated right now and I have to keep in mind that the beginning is always the easiest. Once I get past losing the first few pounds it'll slow down. Not to mention the weekend is upon us and those are always the toughest for me. I need to make meal plans and stick to them because eating out isn't going to work. ;)

I hope you have a good day and have come closer to figuring out what plan of action you're going to take! :D

MyJourney2Slim
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Good Morning Second,

Hope everything is well with you, I'm still reading the Beck Diet alot of which it's saying, is so me. I'm halfway done with the book and still have not got to the plan part yet. There are a few skills I need to learn first before jumping ahead but I want to jump ahead. I think that my problem sometimes I have no patience lol. Well even if I don't get to start my food plan this week I'm still going to start watching what I eat and start exercising. So today is my official start day. Have a Great day!:wave:

SecondGlance
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Awesome!! You'll be on a plan sooner than you know it. Once you start tracking what you eat you'll be so much more motivated to make sure what you eat isn't going sabotage you in any way! What exercise are you going to do, if you don't mind me asking? I think I would like to start adding in some walking when Spring comes around. I'm sure my puppy will love that! LOL! We got her last October so she hasn't really been outside too much (only for potty) because of winter. I took her last week on a warmer day and her tail wagged the entire walk.. hehe!

I came across a website over the weekend that has some pretty good looking recipes on it. Called greenlitebites <dot> com On there I found another link, which lead me to an incrediable discovery of how to make icecream with one ingredient! Frozen bananas! Talk about some guilt free icecream. My daughter and I made it this past weekend. We put a couple of sliced frozen bananas in the food processor and blended until it was smooth like soft serve, threw in some all natural pb and it was surprisely just like icecream and tasty to boot!

Have a GREAT, (first) on target day!

MyJourney2Slim
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Second,
Oh I don't mind you asking about my exercise. I was going to use my Eliptical and I have a few Walking Away the Pound Dvd's. A few years ago my Hubby closed in our cover patio and made it a work out room, I have a eliptical , weights and a tv for all my exercise dvd's. Well I did good with my portion control yesterday except I had a dessert that I shouldn't of had. Well how are you doing? The frozen Banana sound yummy, can you use a blender to make this? I don't have a processor. Thanks for sharing the website it has lot of recipes..

SecondGlance
02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Good morning to you!

I'm completely in 'envy' of your workout room! :D I would love to have a room like that. I have an eliptical too, it's in our so unmotivating, uncompleted basement.. LOL! Well, it's not completely depressing I suppose. It has the walls framed and partially drywalled, and it does have a TV in view from the eliptical.. but still, I can't, though I should, get back on it. Probably do me a world of good.

I was good up until dinner time. And I knew exactly that dinner wasn't going to be all that of a "good choice" all day. So I prepared by keeping my calories low previous to it. It was my birthday yesterday, so my hubby took me out to the Keg Steakhouse. So yeah, I gave myself a 'no count zone' for half a day. I came home and drank almost a litre of water to try and flush out as much sodium as I could. The damaged equalled a 1/2lb. gain this morning. Considering... I'm pleased and releived. It maybe terrible thinking to give yourself that much leeway because it's your birthday, but I told myself this is something I have to do for the rest of my life. If I live and eat on target 99% of the time, I'm aloud a day here and there. This is a life long journey, not a race to get skinny.

I guess a blender would work. Wouldn't hurt to give a try anyways! LOL It is really an awesome discovery.

Have a great day!

MyJourney2Slim
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Second,
Well how are you today? Well I think I have my plan. I am going to Calorie Count with healthy foods and reserve about 150 calories a day for something I like or want and see how I do. Now the book I am reading say after I done the math that I can start with 2,200 calories a day but I don't know that seems so high to me. I would stay there for a week and and see if I lose weight. If I do them I would stay there. If not them I would move down to the next level plan which it 2,000 calories a day just keep moving down until I find what a plan that works for me. The Calorie Level plans are 2,400, 2,200, 2,000, 1,800, 1,600. and with each plan you get either 200 or 150 of the calories for something you like. What do you think should I start my plan a 2,200 or should I like start at the 1,800 plan.
Yeah I like my weight room too, Now i just need to be faithful lol.. :D

SecondGlance
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
So sorry I didn't get a chance to come here yesterday.

Well, they do say to start higher that way you can adjust them accoringly to your weight. Like when you hit a stall and you decrease you calories and jump start your weight loss again. Personally, I haven't went any higher than 1800 and currently I'm keeping it at a range between 1400/1500 calories, only because that's where I seem to lose the best. Mind you, I can't go any lower, but I guess I'll have to switch up my exercise to get my body going again. I think..LOL. And of course they do say to switch your calories between high and low a few days to keep your body guessing and losing. So.. I guess in the end try something out until you find what works for you! LOL!

It's been a week since starting (again) and I'm down 6.5lbs! Yay! I have to admit that I have strayed from the D-tour Diet a bit mainly because I didn't have the same ingredients. But I swapped veggies for other veggies and lean protein for another. It must have been okay. There seems to be a lot of salads for lunch which I'm kinda not in the mood for today. Maybe I need to find a new dressing to keep things not so monotonous. I bought the Sugar Solution Cookbook and my.. don't the recipes look tasty. So hoping to find some new meal ideas in there too. ;)

Hope you're doing well!

MyJourney2Slim
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Good Morning Second

Congrats on the 6.5lb thats great.. Sounds like your doing great. I think its ok to swap ingredients for another healthy ingredient. Yeah thats what I need to do is find more recipes so I don't get bored eating the same stuff.

Well I stayed on plan yesterday Yay!! Came in 131 calories under my budget.. I will stay at this level for one week then change if I need to. Have a great day!

SecondGlance
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks!

Good for you with tracking.. you'll be in the swing of it all faster than you realize!

How will you handle weighing yourself? Daily or have a weigh-in day? I weigh everyday so I can be accountable. Some disagree, but it really helps me. If I see that I need to be more diligent one day then I know.

Have a good night!

MyJourney2Slim
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Hello second,

Hope all is well for you today! I came in under calories again yesterday :dizzy:. Well I am going to weigh myself next Wednesday, then probably from there it will be daily. That's what I did when I followed the South Beach I weighed in daily. I will add in my walk away the pound dvd on Monday. Have you made any recipes from that website Greenlitebites. Have a Good day!

MyJourney2Slim
02-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Second,
Well I wasn't here over the weekend sorry, I hope all is well with you. We ended up eating out alot this weekend. But I still managed to keep track of my calories, I'm not sure if I will loose anything this week but I did track everything I ate and stayed close to my calories range. Tomorrow is weigh in day so I will see how I did. Have a Great Day!

SecondGlance
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi! Yeah, no problem it was a whirlwind weekend for me as well. My daughter had friday off. (NO workout @ the gym) so we made a maze in the back yard through the snow. Saturady we bought the Just Dance game for the Wii, it is halarious! Not to mention a great work out! Sunday was Valentines and Chinese New Year (my hubby is from Hong) and yesterday was Family Day (no school again). I haven't down trodded on the scale but that could be due to a lot of bloating (if you know what I mean.. LOL), but I have remained faithful to the plan and hope to see some new movement this week.

Good luck tomorrow as you weigh in! Whatever the results, just remember, it's all helping towards a healthier you!

Have a great day!

MyJourney2Slim
02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Hello,
Well it sound like you had a nice family time weekend. Oh I wish I had some snow. My daughter has a Wii so I will have to look into that dance game you mentioned. Well I weighed in this morning and I'm one pound down :dizzy: So now I think I'm going to lower it one more level. And exercise at least 3 time this week and start weighing everyday and may that will pick up the weight loss. Well it sound like your doing really well, keep up the good work and you will be to onederland soon. Bye for now!

SecondGlance
02-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Good morning! Congratulations on your loss! It's most definitely a step in the right direction! :D I think you'll have great success.

I finally was able to get the scale to move again, down one more pound! I am completely staggered that I have made a fish lover (well close enough) out of my daughter. She is so picky! I did maple bbq salmon last friday and yesterday I did halibut. I didn't say anything I just watch in amazement as she gobble the whole portion up! Wow! It's such a relief to be able to find something that we both enjoy. Otherwise chicken, chicken, and more chicken gets quite boring.

Have you tried out any new recipes that you have come across? I really want to try the stuffed peppers (with the curry) from the green lite bites website. I saw she kale chips over the weekend.. wow! Kinda shocked with that one. What do you think?

Well, I've got laundry dinging it's end. Time to reload! LOL Have an awesome day! Here's to us making another day of great choices!

By the way, my name is Tina! :wave:

MyJourney2Slim
02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Good Morning Tina,

Congratulation on getting the scale to move again, I know how that feels when the scale doesn't move. Oh wow that's great you found some recipes your daughter likes, I have 3 girls ages 20, 17, & 14 and there are all picky.
No I haven't went over to greenbites lately but I need to. I need to find some new recipes I am getting bored with chicken and turkey burger. Well hope you have a nice day! oh and my name is Linda:wave:

SecondGlance
02-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Good morning Linda! :comp:

I hope your well. How is the lower calorie counting coming along so far?

I'm trying to think my way around dinner tonight. My daughter is invited to a birthday party tonight at the ski hill. Dinner will be provided for them, from the canteen. I'm thinking I don't want to order from there for myself :snooty::burger::.. but what can I grab ahead of time?? LOL I'd like to have decent dinner but don't want to eat while my daughter waits for me... maybe I'll grab a sandwich. Hey... that's it I'll grab Subway! haha :lol:

I'll try to check in over the weekend, but if I don't... I hope your weekend goes well. They are truly a struggle for me for calorie counting but I'm determined to do my best. :cheer:

Take care!

MyJourney2Slim
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Tina,
I'm having a hard time lowering my calories to the next level so hopefully I will do better today. It makes me wonder how many calories I was eating before I started to count them. I seem to do fine until diner then my diners. I think I might have to set a certain amount for each meal.

So how did your diner go at the birthday party? Were you able to find something? Oh it's ok if you don't make it here on the weekend, I usually don't come either. Well Hope you have a great weekend too and :goodluck:.

Linda

MyJourney2Slim
02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Good morning Tina,

Well I hope you had a great weekend. We ate out a little to much this weekend so the scale this morning was up 2 pounds:( But this is a new day so back to plan, I am going to try to lower my calories this week to 1,800. I want this weight to start moving. :dizzy: Bye for now!

SecondGlance
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi Linda,

I had a good weekend. Like yourself, probably could have been wiser with my choices. It started out on friday evening as you know.. I had the birthday party at the ski hill with my daughter. I was too late leaving to go get Subway, so I ended up having a hotdog at the party. Scales this morning are up 1/2lb. I did a lot of Just Dance on the Wii because I don't go to the gym on the weekends.

You'll probably get the weight moving pretty good this week with your new caloric intake and exercise. Anyways, there's a lot of sodium in restaurant food so it is more than likely water retention affecting your scales. Drink a lot of water and see where you are tomorrow.

Have an awesome day!

SecondGlance
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Good morning!

I hope you are good. I'm hanging in there. Had a pretty on target day yesterday. I say that because I stopped counting calories up to the point of hubby cooking dinner. We had steak, white rice and mushrooms. I had no idea how to calculate it! :) I kept my portions low and drank about a litre of water afterwards. I guess it worked because I'm back down that 1/2lb I had gained on the weekend.

It's funny this time around. I really feel like this is something I can control.. so far I don't feel deprived it's actually like this is my privledge to make sure I'm eating healthier. Like it's not hard.. so far. Remind of this when I hit a stall! hahaha

Have a great day and like I said I hope you are doing well!

MyJourney2Slim
02-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Good Morning,
I'm doing alright, I still haven't been able to lower my calories, we keep eating out :nono: lol. I told me hubby yesterday that if we eat out it needs to be someplace healthy like a steak and vegis, he agreed. One thing though is when you calorie count, you realize how much calories are in foods. I have the same problem when I cook sometimes I don't have any idea how much calories are in there. I did buy a food scale last week but I haven't use it yet so maybe that will help. It's good to hear you are doing so well, I'm proud of you :hug: You said that you eat around 1,600 calories a day? What does that look like on paper, could you tell me what your meals look like, if you don't mind me asking. Well I will talk to you later, Have a Great Day!

SecondGlance
02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Not to mention.. easy on the red meats! LOL Eating out is SOOOooo tough, and it's something that comes up every weekend for me. How can you find low cal meals on their menus. I watch for grilled items (mainly chicken) and order a salad with dressing on the side. Unless I can look up the restaurant online before hand and choose something that would be closest to my calorie range. Calories and fat grams in restaurant are INSANE! Especially the sodium is through the roof.

Thanks, for the support. It is really tricky to try and count like you say when your "creating" a meal. I try to keep it simple for now.. a grilled protein (chicken or fish) an alottment of veggies and maybe a startch such as 1/2c rice or potatoe. It may sound boring, but my daughter eats way better than say giving her a low fat, low cal casserole of some sorts with mixed in veggies! LOL!

Here is what I had today:

Breakfast
Vita Muffin Top 100cal 1.5gfat
1cup skim milk 90cal 0fat
Med. Banana 109cal 0fat

Lunch
2cups Romaine 16cal 0fat
1med. carrot 60cal 0fat
1/2cup green pepper 9cal 0fat
1lg. mushroom 5cal 0fat
1sm. tomato 15cal 0fat
3 slices turkey 60cal 1gfat
1cheese string 60cal 4gfat
3tbsp. ranch dressing 180cal 18gfat

Snack
caramel drizzle 90cal 3.5gfat
rice cake

Dinner
Foot Long Subway Club 640cal 10gfat
3/4cup Low fat Icecream 200cal 2gfat

Totals 1634 40

Hope that helps!

MyJourney2Slim
02-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Good Morning,

Thanks for the example of your foods, I think my lunch are to high in calories. I also need to work on my beverage. I haven't weighed myself this week yet. It just seems like the weight came off so much easier when I gave up sugar and the white stuff lol:dizzy:. But I still want to figure this out so I know my range. How are you is your plan? Yeah that is a good idea to check out resturants before hand. Thank you for all your support too:hug: Have a great day!!

SecondGlance
02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Hello!

Don't worry, I'm positive that if you just keep tracking your calories, drinking a LOT of water and exercising you'll nestle into a routine soon enough. The toughest part is finding your sweet spot to where you feel comfortable that this is something doable and not feeling deprived.

I admit I try to comitt to keeping my calories in a general range each day for each meal. Breakfast between 300/400, lunch around the same if not a tad more that way it leaves me for the greatest amount when I'm hungriest the most. Dinner.. I want something substantial and enough calories leftover that I can enjoy a little dessert. It's work for me so far, but I'm sure something will have to change once my body gets into a rut. I find I get full faster now so, I don't need a lot for dinner. But lets face it, having a good dinner is going to bring you around 500/600 calories.

I lost another pound overnight! 23 days on plan (more or less) and 8lbs. down. Not too shabby... I was beginning to think that this was going really slow, but once I put it in that perspective I guess it isn't that bad. Better off than on!

Have a great day! :D

SecondGlance
02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Okay, it's 5:48pm and you may think I'm completely nuts. LOL!! But, I'm having a NSV in some sort of way. I come home we're hungry and I haven't defrosted anything for dinner. I start scrumaging <-(SP?) through the freezer. I see some mini scallops my hubby picked up last week. I thought great.. my daughter loves those.. okay what to go with? I started going through my pantry and I have some Smart Pasta, rotini to be exact. Okay.. back to the freezer I have Simply Steam broccoli and carrots lightly seasoned. Boiled the scallops, the rotini, drizzled a tablespoon of roasted garlic and honey sauce over.. threw in the veggies and to my surprise it was SoOOo good! Yeah, now here's the crazy part my serving was a total of 510 calories and only 6.8g of fat. I'm happy because it took literally 15 minutes to get dinner on the table and it was healthy to boot. So glad I didn't just grab whatever and make a bad choice!

Okay, happy rant or silly however you may take it.. it's over. LOL! Had to tell someone! Someone who would understand how important it is to make these changes and choices to live a better day.:carrot:

MyJourney2Slim
02-26-2010, 12:16 PM
:cheer3::congrat: to your diner time success that is awesome, I know that is very hard when your hungry to try and find something to eat for yourself let alone your family.. Thanks for sharing cause I do understand:hug: and its not silly :D.. :p

SecondGlance
02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Thanks.. LOL! Funny how the simplest things can make such a huge difference huh?!

I'm in the midst of a cleaning frenzie... dusting, cleaning bathrooms and doing the floors. Once again I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner. But, no stress.. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Hubby wants me to go have Ginger Beef at the chinese restaurant.. I told him, Don't even tease me with the idea! LOL Although it would be so gooood! :devil:

How are you doing with your counting?

Wow, the weekend is again upon us. This week flew by! Have a great one!:hug:

MyJourney2Slim
03-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Good Morning!
Well I can't believe it's already Tuesday. Well as for me I weighed myself yesterday and the scale says 238, I have been eating still around 2,000 to 2,200 calories so now i know I really need to work on lowering these calories. I think I have to start planing my meals ahead, so I can add the calories up. :D Well hope your doing fine.. Bye for now!

SecondGlance
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
OH my.. I must first apologize for not posting for such a long time. My puppy had surgery last week and was having a rough go of it. I spent a lot of time with her.. (crazy I know, but she was in so much pain). And now this week my mother is staying with me.. it's difficult to find the time to sit down and get on the computer.

I'm so sorry for not being here. How are you doing?

My scales are up 1.5lbs trying to get everything back under control this week!

MyJourney2Slim
03-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Good Morning,
Oh no need to apologize I understand life happens. But I'm glad your back:hug:.. I'm sorry to here about your puppy, hope she is doing better. Well as for me I kinda got a little lazy this week it's that time of month for me so I need to get back in control too. Well enjoy your visit and talk to ya soon.

SecondGlance
03-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I totally know what you mean. That time of the month is torture.. I want to lose all control and just live on chocolate! LOL Hang in there, fortunately it does come to an end in a few days!

I've been trying the Dr. Oz "Fat Blasting smoothie" and some daily meal plans to help me get back in the groove. I've lost the weight I did put on plus another pound. Down 9.5lbs. now! Yay!

Hope you're feeling better, keep fighting! :hug:

MyJourney2Slim
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello,
I am sorry that I have not been on here, been busy cleaning for my daughter, she is coming home for spring break:). She will be home until Monday. Oh that smothie recipe sounds good. I hope your doing well I will be back on Monday ok. :hug:

SecondGlance
03-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi! As you said, life happens! I hope you enjoyed the time with your daughter! How are you doing? This new lifestyle is tough to maintain when you're busy.. especially not being able to work your routine. I have been maintaining.. total 10.5lb loss. It isn't going to be easy.. and it isn't going to happen overnight.. I need to keep reminding myself of that! LOL I've been drinking those smoothies pretty much everyday for breakfast and I had no idea what they were calorie wise until I finally sat down and looked it all up. You blend 1 cup of juice (any variety), half banana or 3/4cup of berries.. 1tbsp. wheat germ, 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 tbsp. psyllium husks, 2 tbsp whey powder, 2 tbsp ground flax seed. It is sooOOoo good for you. Even if you don't lose weight with it, it certainly is good for you. But now I know the calories.. 275 for the dry mixture alone, plus the juice and berries. So now I can get back to calorie counting!! Which should help me get back into the losing streak!

Glad to hear you're back!

MyJourney2Slim
03-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Hello,
Im glad to here you doing well too. Well my daughter went back to college. Now I can focus again.. Oh I am so going to try that smoothie, do you find all the ingredients at the grocery store? Wow congrats on 10.5 loss:carrot: thats great.. Well talk to ya soon I should be here most day now. Bye for now.. Linda

SecondGlance
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I think you can find some of the ingredients at the grocery store like wheat germ... but I went to my local health food store and bought it all there.

Seems spring is certainly getting busy.. everyone coming out of hibernation. My sister is coming after the weekend (on Tuesday) to help me paint my house. It's been five years and it could really use a refresher! ;) I can't wait! Although I'm a little apprehensive about being able to stay on project completely 100%. I think I can handle the food, but exercise and water content may suffer.. if I realize this now then I should be able to plan ahead.

Take care and have a good day!

MyJourney2Slim
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry I havn't been posting here. I just havnt been doing so great lately, I know it all about the choices we make. So why can't I make the right ones.. So today is a new day and I need to get motivated again. How are you doing? Did you get all the painting done? Oh and thanks for the smoothie recipe..:)

MyJourney2Slim
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello,
Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. Have a great day!!