Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Default Lost 115lbs...then found out I was pregnant

I'm having a hard time dealing with this one ladies. In 2008 when I gave birth to my daughter, I was 350+lbs. My highest, before joining the program was 387. While I know I will never be that person again, it scares me. My Husband and I were not planning to have another child for a few more years. This news I found out 3 weeks ago, came as a complete, and I mean COMPLETE surprise. I'm feeling happy about the pregnancy now, but I've been on hiatus from the program for 3 weeks now. I have already gained 10 lbs. I'm really terrified to see 300 again. Any advice?
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I wasn't on MRC when I found out I was pregnant. I just tried as hard as I could to eat healthy. I cut out all fried foods, and fast food. I was heavy to begin with, and didn't want to gain more weight. Eating so healthy, I lost about 25 lbs the first trimester, and slowly gained back about 15 lbs the rest of the pregnancy. While they don't recommend losing weight, when your heavy, that can happen if your eating super healthy. Just make sensible choices. and try not to go overboard.

You can do it. Congrats on your blessing.. Even a surprise one.. Mine was a surprise and well worth it..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #3  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Congratulations on the new baby coming? Can you get help from your doctor or a referral to a nutritionist to help you navigate through this? You have made awesome progress so far - you just need different tools now!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
I'm having a hard time dealing with this one ladies. In 2008 when I gave birth to my daughter, I was 350+lbs. My highest, before joining the program was 387. While I know I will never be that person again, it scares me. My Husband and I were not planning to have another child for a few more years. This news I found out 3 weeks ago, came as a complete, and I mean COMPLETE surprise. I'm feeling happy about the pregnancy now, but I've been on hiatus from the program for 3 weeks now. I have already gained 10 lbs. I'm really terrified to see 300 again. Any advice?
Hey kaylasmommy,
1st off Congratulations!! I don't know if you remember me but I was an avid MRC member and frequent visitor of this site, I had lost 68 lbs and was on my way to a final goal of 100 when I found out I was pregnant in late October. I was 248 when I gave birth to my daughter in 1997. When I joined MRC last February I was 250 and was down to 186 in October when I found out I was pregnant. I was on a roll, running 3.5 miles 3 x a week and had just run my 1st 5k when ooops... now how did that happen? Apparently the weightloss turned around my PCOS and fertility concerns. During the 1st 2-3 weeks of knowing I was pregnant I was so afraid to eat that I ended up losing another 4 lbs.. when I realized I would have to stop the MRC plan and try to maintain, I started to eat more and then it started to creep up on me until I just went nuts during the Holidays. I did good at 1st, only putting on a few lbs but it began catching up to me. As of my 15 week visit I was up 10 lbs and was told to put a halt on it by my Dr. We agreed I should only gain 25 lbs and I was already ahead of the curve for that track. What they don't always realize is that is so hard to do... what others don't realize is it seems as though we are programmed to be either all or nothing... all diet or free for all eating. Plus, when you've been eating virtually nothing for months and suddenly are eating what is supposed to be "normal" the weight starts to creep on. It is hard to keep that in between. I know I've been thinking about seeing a nutritionist to help me stay on track and I suggest you try to do the same. I'm sure your OBGYN can refer you to one that may be able to help. I've recently started to cut out the things I had begun to allow myself like sweets, crackers etc. I ate alot of those in the beginning b/c of the incessant nausea but that's over and it's time to get back to healthy. Eat sensibly and get some help. I hope it all works out great for you and don't worry, MRC and 3FC will be here for you after you're done. It might help to remind yourself how far you've come and how much you don't want to go back to 350 again...think about how miserable you were at that size every time you want to indulge in a treat or skip that exercise routine. Keep exercising by walking once the weather improves, the nausea and exhaustion get better. I wish you all the best, keep in touch and again, Congrats!

Karen
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Thanks to everyone for your advice! Karen, it's nice to know that you are going through the same thing. I will heed the advice and seek out a nutrtionalist. I think that is the best thing to do for sure. Thanks again for the advice ladies! You all made me feel better.
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6''

Kaylasmommy - same thing happened to me on my first MRC run. I lost 90lbs (down from 350 to 260) and got pregnant. I am going to tell you not to do what I did...I didn't use my head at all...and gained back all of my weight plus a little more. SO frustrating.

I agree. Tell your OB about it. Most hospitals have women's health offices or something similar that you can check into. Your OB should be able to refer you to a nutritionist that can help. Thats what I plan to do once I get to the weight where I want to start trying again. Unfortaunately thats way before my goal weight, but hopefully i can keep the weight gain down to something managable the next time around.

Congrats I hope you enjoy your pregnancy.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #7  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Wow.. Congrats on the baby even if its a surprise! I agree with talking to your doctor about it. Kinda off subject but several of you have given me hope of being able to get pregnant!! Of course I am over weight, have PCSO and endometriosis...but I'm still praying if i lose weight it will help me!
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnynicula View Post
Wow.. Congrats on the baby even if its a surprise! I agree with talking to your doctor about it. Kinda off subject but several of you have given me hope of being able to get pregnant!! Of course I am over weight, have PCSO and endometriosis...but I'm still praying if i lose weight it will help me!
Hey Bunny,
there is alot more hope in weight loss than even I realized. I have a retroverted uterus, extremely cystic ovaries from PCOS and was told it would be difficult to get pregnant but still possible by my OBGYN. She was planning to start me on clomid in January when we were ready to start trying. My hubby and I had spent 3 yrs trying to get pregnant after our daughter and then have spent the last 5 years not trying but were not using any BC to prevent it and were not terribly cautious and still did not get pregnant. To my surprise I lose the weight and without even trying I get pregnant. It was in the last 3 mo. I was on MRC that I had begun to have regular cycles again and boom, pregnant! So yes, there is hope and know that weight loss can be a big part of it. I wish you the best! Karen

Last edited by Karen1234; 02-03-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #9  
Bunnynicula

S/C/G: 298.5/273.4/150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Hey Bunny,
there is alot more hope in weight loss than even I realized. I have a retroverted uterus, extremely cystic ovaries from PCOS and was told it would be difficult to get pregnant but still possible by my OBGYN. She was planning to start me on clomid in January when we were ready to start trying. My hubby and I had spent 3 yrs trying to get pregnant after our daughter and then have spent the last 5 years not trying but were not using any BC to prevent it and were not terribly cautious and still did not get pregnant. To my surprise I lose the weight and without even trying I get pregnant. It was in the last 3 mo. I was on MRC that I had begun to have regular cycles again and boom, pregnant! So yes, there is hope and know that weight loss can be a big part of it. I wish you the best! Karen
Thanks so much for the reply! My dr told me 6 years ago if I wanted to have children I needed to do it that year, well at 23 I wasn’t ready but now I'm more than ready! I would like to be married first but we are working on that. I *think* I'm getting engaged this month LOL Sounds crazy but he said before spring haha. We have been together a little of two years. Maybe if I'm successful with MRC that will help everything fall into place. Congrats on the baby and ur amazing weight loss!
Bunnynicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6''

Bunny, I didn't have any health related fertility issues that I knew of. Hubby and I had tried to get pregnant for a little over a year and weren't having success. Well before I went to a doctor to get help, I knew they would say, lose weight...so I thought, lets do that first. Lost 90lbs and set an appt to go get fertility advice. Took a rapid pregancy test and boom...pregant at the doctor's office. I was STUNNED. I really believe in the power of getting your weight under control. Stick with this...I'm doing it again...to get pregnant again...only this time, I'll keep it off
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #11  

I have PCOS and the doctor said to lose weight if I wanted to get pregnant. (the fiance wants to start trying after the wedding- scary!) I also have a friend who lost 30 lbs and got pregnant after trying for 2 years. It's amazing how the body responds to weight loss. That reminds me... I need to refill the BC! No way I'll fit in a wedding dress if I'm 8 mos preggo.

Kayla- I think it's awesome that you're consciously trying to prevent the weight gain and making sure you have a healthy baby! Good luck to you and your little one.

Congrats to all of you mommies and mommies to be.

PCOS people- does it run in your family? My mom and sister struggle with it and they don't have a weight issue like me. I was curious how much was genetic and how much was lifestyle.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote