Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 123/118/112

Height: 5'

Default Newbie feeling really motivated

Hello everyone,

I stumbled across this forum while searching for advice online, as my eating goes haywire at this time of year because of having SAD.

I was so impressed to find a forum with a section on dieting with depression and even with posts on sad. I also was impressed by the featherweights section as have 10lb to lose, but boy with everything else going on has trying to lose that 10lb been hard.

Already taken some advice from the posts here and am now eating low carb. It seems to be working too! If anyone wants to chat or swap tips on SAD feel free.
Cherry
xx

Last edited by Cherryette; 02-02-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Cherryette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/207/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Cherry,

Nice to meet another Newbie! I have alot more to lose than 10 lbs, but I gotta give ya credit. Its the hardest 10 to lose. I don't have SAD but I have been struggling with depression, OCD and anxiety since my teen years. Always happy to have new friends.

Steph
tickledpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Cherry!
Sounds like you've already found out what a great place this is - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! As you know, there are lots & lots of different groups and forums - you've already found some that will keep you motivated and inspired. In addition to those, maybe try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Of course, there's a great group in the UK CHicks forum.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Cherry!
You'll find lots of info and support here.
Judy
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Welcome to the site Cherry! Sometimes the last few pounds can be the hardest, but stay motivated and you'll get there! Good luck x
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote