South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Torrid Tuesday

Wake up and share chicks and roosters! SBD has been working like a charm. I'm going to have dinner with my high school pal and we are going to Subways! I love love their roast beef sandwich! This will be my first time eating grains in a month. I've been eating a peice of fruit for the two weeks after P1. I wonder if I'll be able to wake myself up at 3pm to watch General Hospital. Some serious s-it has been going down on my fave. soap. Maurice Benard, a sufferer of a serious mental illness, like myself, has been turning in Emmy worthy work. He rocks!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 02-02-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Okie! Have a fun time at Subway with your friend. It's always nice to get together with friends!

I am feeling a bit frustrated with the lack of weight loss. Yesterday I tried to wear a pair of pants that fit just a couple weeks ago and they were too tight, so I'm not even losing inches. I don't know what the problem could be because I've been sticking to plan except for a couple very minor cheats which shouldn't have screwed up everything. It's hard to be motivated to get up early and exercise and eat well when I'm not seeing any results. I know in my head that they will come but I am having a hard time being patient. Grrr.

I am having a busy day (as always, right?). I was shoveling the walk at 5:30 this morning because we got more snow last night. If I wait until after my exercise to do it, the school kids have already walked on it and then it's harder to get the packed snow off the sidewalk. Our house is a block from the school so we get a lot of foot traffic. I got my workout in this morning and got a shower (that doesn't happen every day - right after exercise, at least). I had made crock pot steel cut oats for breakfast, so luckily that was ready. Connor is off to school and I'm about to take the girls after doing Kadyn's violin, grammar, and phonics and Avery's phonics. Then I'm going to take the glass to the recycling center and walk over to the city hall to get more recycling bags. I will probably get back about when Connor gets home from school then I have to make lunch and feed the kids because we have Cub Scouts and martial arts for Connor this afternoon. The girls and I are going to go to the post office (I have to mail a package to a friend) and the chapel (to make copies for AWANA) and hopefully have time to hit the commissary before Cub Scouts is over. We'll pick up Tom on the way to martial arts (his car is in the shop) and then he'll watch the girls so I can do step class during Connor's Kuk Sool. I think I will sleep well tonight!

I've got the fourth load of laundry ready to go in the dryer. One load is hung, one is folded, and one is almost done in the dryer. I still have the towels to wash and dry. I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and coat room today and decluttered the entry. I have challenged myself to declutter one room/area a day in February. After cleaning out my grandfather's house last month, I realized we are holding on to a lot of junk. So everything that isn't sentimental or used often is going in the trash/recycling/give away pile/sell pile. I am on a mission! Yesterday I did the laundry room and tomorrow I'm doing the coat room.

Better get those girls to school so I can get on with the day.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:09 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Okie. Glad to hear you're having a sensational time watching GH. I still catch my soap once in awhile. Have fun at Subway with your friend. I'll bet you're glad to get out today. Yay that SBD is going so well for you this time!

Hi, Kara. It's always so interesting to be up at 3AM and read all the things you've been doing. I've been working on decluttering, too. I hauled a bunch of sewing stuff over on Sunday. It was my neighbor ladys, and I want to go through it before taking some to the thrift store.

I'm up working on my sewing project. Ruth, I envy your sewing room. I have both machines on the dining room table right now. It sure is quiet here. The dogs have been out and are already snoring again. See ya'll in a bit.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #4  

Good morning Tom/K. Your day made me tired just reading it, lol. Hey Lex darling, do u watch GH too? I gotta weigh myself soon. I wanna know how close I am to goal. I'm feeling good so even if I haven't lost as much as I wanted, it's all good. I will be glad to get out. I haven't been out and about in awhile. It'll be fun!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 02-02-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Okie - Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think there are any legal breads at Subway. I don't eat fast food but I seem to remember other threads about their rolls. I'm sure some other chicks can chime in. They will make anything into a salad though, won't they?
Wow, GH is a real flashback. A million years ago when I was in college we were all obsessed with the Luke and Laura thing. That was when they were very young (me too )

Kara - I'm so glad I'm not alone though sorry you are having such a struggle. I felt like a sausage stuffed into my jeans yesterday. It is so frustrating. I had that whoosh early in Jan. and thought I was on my way. Then most of it came back for no really good reason. Grrr.
I remember cleaning out my grandparents house and thinking the same thing about the clutter. Now I look around my parents house and dread ever having to deal with that. It's a good reminder that I need to be more vigilant about only adding things we really need and getting rid of other stuff to make room. I'm working on books this winter. It is very hard for me to part with books I might someday want to read again

Debbie - Good morning! Glad the drive went smoothly yesterday. What are you working on? I almost missing sewing when I "listen to" you and Ruth talking about your projects.

Speaking of stuff, we are thinking about and researching kayaks. DW works for an organization that does a lot of outdoor stuff and one of their suppliers has an amazing kayak sale this time of year. We rented kayaks last year and absolutely loved them. Not sure if it will all come together but it's fun learning

Other than that a quiet day today. the BFH will be out all day so the office will be more relaxed and congenial. I'm going to try to force myself out for a walk even if it's just 20 minutes. I do hate the cold though!

Okay, time for some Wii yoga. Have a good day all
Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Latte, anyone?

Good morning, and HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY! I don't know if Puxatawny Phil will see his shadow, right now is still dark, and it's supposed to be cloudy all day. But 6 more weeks of winter sound just about right.

Okie, I haven't watched GH since the big Luke and Laura romance. I probably wouldn't know anyone who's on there now. I hope you wake up in time to catch the show this afternoon!

Kara, if you get bored, I have plenty of housework you can do for me, OK? Hang in there, those pants will probably slide right on by next week. It's frustrating, though, isn't it? Especially when you know you're doing everything right.

Debbie, it sounds like you're enjoying your new machine. Happy sewing!

I don't think my Tuesday is going to be torrid, but we're starting to climb out of our sub-zero temps. There's a chance of snow tongiht, and a bigger snow coming this weekend, just to remind us that winter isn't going anywhere soon. We bought several packets of seeds the other day and have been dreaming of our garden this summer. Jake loves detail, and has drawn up a complicated (to me!) plan of exactly where everything is going. Oh, well, at least it keeps him occupied!
I still have to decide what to make for Jake's supper and get it started, and then get my workout in before I leave for Cindy's. I ordered a book holder for my bike and it came yesterday, so I'm going to start including that as part of my workout, too.

Right now I need another double-expresso latte!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cyndi! I know what you mean, hearing Debbie and Ruth talk about sewing makes me want to pull out my machine, too. Nah, I'd be just another one of those unfinished projects for me. Kayaking sounds fun, my GD, Caite, is really into that. With my pathetic sense of balance, I don't think I could keep it from rolling over! I'll be joining you on the wii yoga right after my breakfast.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #8  

There's whole wheat bread at Subway. Thanks for looking out for me though.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies.

FoodO - Subway is a place on my list when I am not eating well... I like the fat-laden BMT! Have fun at dinner.

Kara - Wow! You are busy. It gets easier as they get older. They can even do their own laundry! Sending motivation your way... hang in there. I'm struggle with patience (and of course weight) too.

Debbie - You are an early bird! I don't sew but would love a room for my scrapbook stuff, which is spread out in the dining room as well.

Cyndi - You must be close in age to me... I remember watching Luke and Laura drama in college too. My DH has a kayak that he got for his 40th birthday. Since we live in Kansas, it hardly sees the water! I don't like it; I think because I have tight hamstrings and can't sit comfortably for long with my legs out in front of me. But we did kayak in Maine a few years back and that was fun. Will you be on rivers?

Cottage - Both my SILs are big gardeners and I envy their bounty. I have purple thumbs.

Another boring day here, which I guess is a good thing? We had an overnight houseguest - DSs friend's basement flooded and since his room is down there, he slept here instead. Not sure how long we'll have him. Been at the same weight for about a week despite staying OP and exercising. I WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED!

Have a great day all.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm sitting here smiling about Luke and Laura. I was in high school during their big romance. I remember rushing home from school and turning on the TV to see what would happen next. I went to college in the days before the average student brought a TV with her so I went through GH withdrawal. lol

Kara - I'm sure you'll get there, but I'm sorry you're frustrated right now.

Debbie - I'm wondering what you're doing with that new serger... if you've said what your latest project is I missed it.

Cyndi - we LOVE our kayaks! I cringed at the expense when Fergie wanted them but we've used them so much and had so much fun with them - they were an EXCELLENT investment. As a matter of fact we bought 2 more at the Old Town factory sale a 5 or 6 years ago and gave them to my parents for Mothers/Fathers Day. I hope it will work out for you. (Linda, we've got the wide bottomed style - I've been kayaking on ponds and on the Androscoggin and Swift Rivers for years now and never once have I tipped. Neither has DH.)

I've got a busy day ahead. Groundhog Day is a big deal in kindergarten. We've been reading stories and visiting websites to get ready. One book mentioned that groundhogs have the nickname 'whistle pigs' and of my kiddos has been calling them 'Whisker Pigs' ever since. We're doing an outdoor celebration with parents invited this afternoon. Snowshoeing, relay races, snow decorating (spray bottles of colored water) and hot cocoa and cookies. It's supposed to get up to 20, but at least the wind has died down. I hope everyone remembers to send warm clothes!

Have a great Tuesday friends.

Edited to Add - Good morning Karen! I could use a 'boring day' today, but I'm beginning to think one person's boring isn't so boring for someone else. lol It sounds like your family and exercising keep you pretty busy every day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-02-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Food Obsessed, I would be very careful about that bread. Just because it says whole wheat doesn't mean that it's really a whole grain. I know those breads are full of sugar too. And, one serving size would only be about 1/4 of a 6" sub - like a half of either the top or bottom. This doesn't mean that you can't have it (but you'll have to realize that you're going off plan) but just know that it's not really ok if you are strictly trying to follow South Beach.

I went back to the gym yesterday after a long absence - I used my new Ipod and it made such a difference. I committed to exercising for the Spring Challenge. I'm doing basic things to just get back into shape and overall body exercises (rowing machine). Once I reach goal, I am going to treat myself to a couple of personal training sessions and seriously begin a lifting program.

Hope everyone has a great day...I have a big presentation at a meeting this morning at 10:30.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Cyndi. Your kayak project sounds fun. I'm glad to hear the BFH will be out today. Hope it's more peaceful for you all. Stay warm!!!

Linda, I'd love a latte! Thanks! Glad to hear it's warming up and that you're thinking "seeds". Have a great day!

Karen, keep smiling and have a great day!

Heidi, your kayaking reminds me of the several times we went canoeing in Alaska. It was such fun! I'm making reversible aprons, I don't think I mentioned it. They're great because theres an end to them and I don't have lots of leave it up space. Have fun with the kiddos!

Mmc, glad to hear you're back at the gym. with the presentation!

I've enjoyed some time to myself this morning. I'll go to work early and get it over with. Now that I'm set up I can start another apron.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #13  

Thanks Mmc. I am not going off plan! Screw the bread, I'll eat the meat with soup, lol. I have only cheated once in the month I've been doing SBD!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! I need to get in here earlier so I can catch up and do personals but I seem to have started sleeping later. Kind of dumb when it'll "soon" be garden weather if Wiarton Willie stays out today.

Cottage, please ask Jake to make me a garden plan too. I'm drooling over the seed catalogues and just got one from Lee Valley full of gardening toys.

Okie, sounds like you are looking forward to your day. I know nothing about Subway as I've never been in one but be careful.

Kara, busy as usual. Is it the law over there that you have to shovel the snow off the public sidewalk? I know what you mean about tramped down snow being hard to move.

Heidi, Groundhog Day will be such fun for the wee ones. Our guy is called "Wiarton Willie" after the small town where he lives. When the old Willie expired, they had an official funeral and burial for him and lots of politicians attended. What a lark!

Cyndi, I used to love my kayak and really miss being out on the water in it or the canoe. My "fixed" knee doesn't bend enough to get into one now.

Mmck, good luck with the presentation today. The best part about those things is when they are over. Good decision about the gym.

Debbie, I hope the serger is going well. I have had two of the critters in my life and have given up on them. The first was a piece of trash that didn't work properly. The second died a sad death as I left it in my car for a couple of months (long story) and it rusted from the damp. Duh!

WaistingTime, I hope your visitor's bedroom is habitable before too long. at "purple thumbs"!

Big sort and pitch is going to happen upstairs this morning in the storage room. I am wondering why I have seven suitcases. I also have notes from courses I took way back when I was taking my computer science classes. The recycle will be full this week.

Better get off the butt and start. I have pet therapy this afternoon and need to get stuff done so I can relax and enjoy Jazz and the residents.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Groundhog Day!! Bring on Spring!

I'm frustrated with the scale, too. It's just not moving! On a good note, I am absolutely feeling thinner -- well, less bloated, anyway. I've heard many of you say that you've thrown the scale out. Really?

We're talking about taking Auston to Disney World for Spring Break, mid April. How much fun! AND, another motivating factor.

I hope you all have a great day. Off to get ready for work!
Closed Thread