Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #1  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Default Information you may want to have

I did some research on the HCG plan that my center was offering. Per the moderator, I am allowed to post for informational purposes only. I DO NOT support this program, I think it's a BAD IDEA, and I want you to be aware that it is being rolled out nationally.

My center is testing the new HCG injection program that is paired with a 500 calorie diet. Everything online says this is a dangerous and ineffective program. I contacted corporate to find out if this was approved by them, and was told that just like Metakidz (the kids program that began in our area before being rolled out across the country) several centers are testing this program and it is planned to be rolled out nationally. I have asked that they not try to sell me on this program anymore. I was in on Saturday for my weigh-in and I observed that the two people who were there for consulations heard about the HCG program first and foremost. Only after they said they needed to think about it were they told about Meta-slim, and the rep had to come out of the conference room and ask where the "old metaslim information was" which indicates to me that all new clients are being pitched with these injections. I can't prove this - I only observed one pitch. Just an assumption.

In any case, I just wanted this community to be aware of what was being planned. I don't know how to do anything about it - I don't want to be labeled as a trouble maker at my center. But I am against it, and I am worried about MRC promoting this type of diet. I love the Metaslim diet, and I think it is effective. Anyway, I just felt burdened to share this, so that you could have the information available.
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

500 calories is way too low! Wow...I hope that anyone who is considering this "plan" decides against it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm going to have to ask about it here.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #3  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

There's no physician on this planet that would condone a 500 calorie diet - I wonder how they're getting around that?
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

I asked in my local center and one of the reps will be starting the program as a test for the center. To show clients the results. It sounds too crazy. Why would anyone want to go to this extreme? Just my opinion. The program works yes it might take a little longer but is the other option safe?
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #5  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I actually have a few friends that did this "diet". They lost a lot of weight on it really quickly and to be honest I considered doing it before starting MRC. Boy though am I glad that I'm doing it the healthy way. I've heard and read a lot of bad stuff since then. There is really no telling what it will do to your body in the long run.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I know a woman who did the HCG injections and lost 25 lbs. However, that's probably due to the 500 calorie daily intake. And if anyone on here is reading this and is going to do it, be aware that IT WILL MAKE ALL YOUR PREGNANCY TESTS POSITIVE, which does not mean you are pregnant just that you have the hormone that is tested for and raises during pregnancy. I work in a hospital laboratory and we had a woman who came up positive for pregnancy before surgery and she wasn't supposed to be. The patient finally said that she was on this new diet with HCG injections. Just FYI.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I inquired at my center and they had absolutely no knowledge of offering hcg.
--Joy2MeNu

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 02-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/154/135

Height: 5'2"

I haven't heard anything about this at my center either.
Sandrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I have been approached at my center about it. $470 for 6weeks---30lbs in 30 days is the promotion. I am in no means promoting the HCG injections. I believe we should stick to program....why break something that isn't broken just to increase cash flow & go with the "trend" that other "weight loss clinics" are using. 500 calories a day is not healthy. I still cannot comprehend why MRC is endorsing this. I will stick to meta-balance.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for posting this. My center hasn't said anything to me about this plan, but when I was in on Friday I saw a flyer for it. I was going to pick it up on the way out, but forgot. I'm going to see what it says this week.

I'm not about quick fixes. Life is a journey. My butt didn't get this big in 30 days and it's not healthy to try and lose it in 30.. I'll stick with the regular MRC plan. It's worked so far.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/214/135

Height: 5' 5"

I am not posting to say I am for or against the HCG program but I can tell you once you know all the facts behind it the process is logical. It does require a 500 calorie intake however it is physican supervised (or at least it is suppose to be,) and it is only while you are taking the HCG. Like I said if you know the entire process rather than bits and pieces it is logical. However, I know that it is not for everyone. I did the sublingual HCG program under a doctor (and not a "quite" doctor but a very experienced doctor who has been in practice as an OB/GYN for a looong time.) It was ok for me but I don't promote it or deny it.

I am glad to be trying MRC though I don't know how well I will do since I am going to be in the same boat as my kids and learning to like my veggies (or just gag them down!)

I have been reading about MRC for a few weeks, signed up with MRC yesterday and I am in pre-conditioning today. I have FI on Friday of this week. They do not have the HCG yet at my center but she told me that a hormone therapy was going to be offered soon. So that sounds like code for HCG. I do not plan to take part in it again as the prices they charge are crazy expensive.

I say the best plan out there (not including MRC since I haven't even been on a week!) so far from all that I have tried was Body for Life. I lost so quick and gained so much muscle in 12 weeks...people were asking me where I went (meaning where did the other half of my body that I lost go!!) That was the best feeling ever. I think MRC is a lot like B4L but with MRC I get face to face accountability which I was lacking with B4L.

Have a great day!!
kwilde6434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6''

I'm very very sad that MRC is becoming "gimicky"...and I'm going to tell my center that. I'll be very careful about saying how I'm losing my weight once they start advertising this locally. I won't ever say "MRC" to anyone if the stigma of the HCG plan is attached to it. So much for me helping them market. I feel like their clients are walking billboards for them. We lose weight...successfully. People notice and ask how we've done it. Word of Mouth is how I heard about MRC and I've suggested it to several others. I won't be so quick about it anymore.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
I'm very very sad that MRC is becoming "gimicky"...and I'm going to tell my center that. I'll be very careful about saying how I'm losing my weight once they start advertising this locally. I won't ever say "MRC" to anyone if the stigma of the HCG plan is attached to it. So much for me helping them market. I feel like their clients are walking billboards for them. We lose weight...successfully. People notice and ask how we've done it. Word of Mouth is how I heard about MRC and I've suggested it to several others. I won't be so quick about it anymore.
I totally agree with you on this.. I probably won't say how I lost my weight or at least be so eager to tell someone anymore either. This kind of makes me sad... Mostly due to the fact MRC is a great way to lose weight. I have learned a lot on my weight loss journey..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/186/160

Height: 5ft 9

I go to the Jacksonville center and while it was breifly mentioned at my consultation it was not pushed. In fact my counselor said she thought the traditional program was more for me. As I continue to lose weight, when people ask me how I'm doing it I'll tell them " MRC without injections". The main original program is very good and can help alot of people. Hopefully the company will listen to the concerned feedback they are and will be recieving and drop the "30lb in 30 days" program. Ugh......it just sounds unhealthy.
Onion Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/274/190

Height: 5'11

I just don't get how 500 calories is possible or safe.. I'm hungry on this diet.
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote