Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ February

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ February

EZMONEY
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

WE ACCEPT ALL NEW MEMBERS HERE! :hug:

EZMONEY
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Real quick for now...

got a text from my brother a few hours ago...his wife had the surgery....didn't need stents...weak heart...

not sure what all that means but still asking for prayers for Sue....

carolr3639
02-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Put my post in the wrong place so here it is again.
Hi all. I am just now losing a little winter weight, probably since my Dh has gotten on the band wagon since he has been seeing a cardiologist for atrial fibrillation. he has lost 16lb in less than a month. He is a veterinarian and very active. Weight just falls off him when he puts him mind to it and now he has a better reason to keep it off. I am happy for him but it has always been discouraging for me because he loses so easily. I have lost about 40lb in the last 2 yr. but have a hard time in the winter when I am less active. (no garden) I'll be praying for Sue.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
GARY ~ prayers still going up for SUE and her family ... :hug:

CAROL ~ I can so relate; my DH is only 130 lbs and that's with his clothes and slippers on. He struggles to keep his weight up there, but he walks and walks and walks a lot; as he has a hobby that involves a lot of walking. He even walks in our house, becuz he's a pacer ... drives me bonkers sometimes when he goes back and forth, back and forth; but I know that is partly why he is so slim. I told him recently that I'm gonna start following him around, but I couldn't all the time or I'd likely collapse ... :lol:

Well, I'll start off and follow him around here. OUr neighbour is playing his drums again; bong, bong, bong .... DH is not impressed at all. I think he was sleeping ... he WAS that is ... gonna distract him by getting him to put the kettle on for tea.

I did get some walking in today; we went up town to pay some bills and get the rest of the stuff we couldn't get on the weekend. It's -20C here right now ... :brr: Bought myself a queen-sized Plush fleece blanket today; oh, so cozy and soft and warm -- just what we need right now!

Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Carol & Rosebud I have heard that men just naturally loose faster than women. I know if my husband wanted to he could of already lost 50 pounds but he does not want too.
Gary praying for Sue and her family. Going to bed just not feeling up to par today or tonight.

EZMONEY
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi Gals ~

Thank you for the prayers...have posted an update in Prayer Warriors.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-03-2010, 03:19 PM
HI FOLKS ~ We are being blessed with some :sunny: this afternoon and it is warming things up for us. Our birdies came by to eat this AM -- poor dears need all they get with this cold. I crumbled up some whole wheat crackers for them and the starlings just love that. We have had more sparrows lately too, as February and March are our coldest months, so we up the food for them during these months. We have lots of doves coming right now too; and DH is now a confirmed bird-watcher and feeder. He gets up at the crack of dawn and puts NIKO out and feed the birdies right away ... :lol:

Just wanted you to know that my sister, NUMPSTER, and her DH are moving into their new home/B & B this past week. They are probably in there now; I sent her some inquiries, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm sure they are very busy and very tired right now. It is such a beautiful place and I know they are so very excited. Their kids are helping them; and they hired some xtra help too.

Hope you all are having a good day; take good care and ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

ronni62
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi, everyone! I've not been able to post lately, as I just run out of time by the time I read and pray and check out what everyone's doing. It's been a struggle the last couple weeks. Did I share that my DH's mom has breast cancer. Surgery in on the 15th, then they don't know if it'll be chemo, radiation, or both, depends on whether they find lymph node involvement, I guess.

We're having DS3 evaluated for asperger's syndrome, but, in the meantime, need prayers for the boys in his youth group who simply won't accept him as part of the group. He was physically attacked after the meeting last night when a couple of them didn't want to let him play basketball with the whole group. Unfortunately, one of the problem kids is the head pastor's son and I'm now thinking about finding a new church. 1 Timothy 3 says a lot and, apparently, no one is talking to this pastor about his child's behavior (we're not the only ones who've had problems). Don't know what to do, I guess. The boys want to stay, even DS3. He just keeps thinking they'll start to like him and let him join in. The youth pastor is putting an end to the open gym time with no adult supervision, though, so that may help some of the issues, if the kids finally figure out that bad behavior means loss of privileges. Like I said, I just don't know what to do....

Too many things to think about right now, but hopefully our court case will be settled tomorrow and we'll be able to pay off bills related to all our medical & other expenses from the car crash 4 years ago. I was remembering earlier this week that I had actually started losing weight before the incident happened, then, with all the pain and stuff, I started self-medicating with food and gained everything back and even more. Very depressing-I bet the courts don't make awards based on weight gain due to stress:lol:

Well, thanks for listening, friends. Needed to be able to talk about some of that, as there's no one here I feel comfortable sharing some of those things with. Take care and God bless you all!:hug:

EZMONEY
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Prayers RONNI and hugs!

and ROSEBUD....glad to hear NUMPSTER has finally! got there!!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
:hug:RONNIE ~ boy, you have been having a tuff time for sure; poor you! You must be doing something really well; becuz you are being so tested girl! BUT, I know, we know -- that you will come out on the UP side of all of this; for ... all things work out for good to those who love Him (Jesus) ... Romans 8:28! It's time for a really big blessing to come your way! :hug:

Prayers going up for your DS3 and that youth group situation; I understand that he hopes that they will eventually accept him (this is normal). They should have always been supervised -- don't know what they were thinking leaving a bunch of young males alone to their own devices. Have they never read "Lord of the Flies" ? ... :lol:

GARY ~ yes, we are so glad that they are finally realizing this dream; they have had their share of ups & downs too, so we are so happy for them. This place will be such a blessing for many people, esp His children, but they have their work cut out for them; it is a business too after all, and with my Dad and SM there to help them, I am sure they will do just fine ...

We had a busy day; went out to runs some errands, pay a few bills and pick up some things we needed like dog food and bird seed. We had to make a couple of detours, but I got a lot of walking in, so am taking it easy tonight for sure. We had fish for dinner tonight; quick and easy.

Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday tomorrow -- ^PRAYERS^ are going up for you and yours daily ... :hug:

CountingDown
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Prayers ascending for Sue!

Carol - I like Exercisetv.tv and workout videos in the winter. I picked up quite a few on half.com - and a lot of libraries have them to check out for free :) And, of course my walking poles to keep me from slipping when I walk outside.

Ronnie - prayers ascending for your boys AND the young men at church.

Rosebud - glad you are able to get in some walking this time of year. Prayers continuing for your legs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good week! Still working insane hours, and my church responsibilities haven't slowed down - only increased. I'm not home much, except to sleep as of late.

I'm looking forward to visiting DS1 next week. We will get to celebrate his birthday with him (only a couple days late) for the first time since he left home. :)

Gary - order some nice California SUNSHINE for our trip, if you can - I'm so sick of snow and cold :brr:

Well, I'm off to put together the media presentations for Sunday. If the saying is true about idle hands, I'm in no danger at this point :lol:

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings,

Laurie :scooter:

bargoo
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Gary, how is your sister ?

ingrid55
02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
hello i am new to the site and very happy to find christian encouragers....

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-05-2010, 11:16 PM
:welcome: INGRID ~ Glad you found our special Christian thread! This is a very supportive place; and there are lots of great people here too. Come back and tell us a bit about yourself and your life ... :D

Bootsie
02-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Welcome Ingrid!! Glad you have joined us!

Rosebud so happy for your Numpster and her husband! Gary I to am wondering how your sister is doing handling the treatments. Was there someone on here that is doing Dr. Gott's No Flour and No Sugar Diet. I found that book today at the resale shop and I think that could be a diet I live with. I have already made the Granola Cereal and it taste good without the milk, though I changed some of the ingredients, I used no sugar Pancake syrup and used raisins, prunes instead of pecans and coconut. I could not find my little dab of pecans I had left and the coconut was sweetened that I have so that was out. I am going to make another base & leave the raisins and prunes out, to use on top of fruit and make a peach crisp cobbler. Also I think it would be good to use in a meatloaf. I am going to do a-lot of experiments with this base .
I did find a cereal today with No flour and I did get it but it had 1 G of sugar but I believe it was natural sugar , which is alright.

How are all of you doing in our journey in becoming more healthy? I went up to 208 during my cookie and dessert baking but I went down as soon as I got back on my diet to 195 which I was well pleased and I hope this new diet helps . It talks about just loosing 2 pounds a week , well that would truly make me happy the way time seems to fly by! I am not doing to good on the exercise part doing all this book keeping , ugh! I hate bookkeeping would rather be in the garden or working with the animals, hauling wood or cleaning up outside, even washing windows! I don't see no end to it though. I hope tomorrow I can get outside and do my thing. I am staying up tonight and need to get in there and start on cleaning this house up so I guess this is good night .
Ronnie you hang in there girl and I will pray for you and your family.

jeremiahlyons
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Boostie,

If your husband isn't motivated to start loosing weight, he really needs to get to a point where he wants to lose weight before he will start trying. I was at that place very recently. I have known I am overweight and need to loose weight for about 2 years now. I even wanted to start to lose weight, but was simply not motivated to start. I finally decided to challenge my in-laws to a biggest looser contest at Christmas, and it's been off to the races for me since. (down 22 pounds in 6 weeks) If your husband is at all competitive, this is definitely they way to motivate him, but you can't really force someone to be motivated, it has to be on their own initiative.

EZMONEY
02-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Thank you asking about my sister ladies.

She is doing as well as can be expected...the last 2 bouts of chemo kicked her butt for sure and she is glad that is over....not looking forward the the radiation treatments but is in decent spirits.

My sister in law's news on her heart was basically one side was damaged from the high blood pressure but with diet of low salt and fat and exercise (all things she is not used to!) she should be able to live a normal 56 yr old life.

We had dinner with both of them and 14 other family members at Angie and my favorite Mexican restaurant last night...

sister ordering soy free and sil ordering low fat and less salt plates....

we are very appreciated there so it wasn't a problem for the cooks to adjust a couple of plates....

I made it worth their while!

I will check in later this week-end...

Angie and my daughter are running a 5K with the dogs today....I may walk it, not sure yet....we are having a lot of rain at times but the race is still 3 hours away...

Prayers ~ Gary

bargoo
02-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Gary, I found radiation to be not that bad. The worst part is all they went through to prepare you, but you only have to do that once. Your sister's experience may not be the same as we are all different, just thought I would share my experience for what it is worth.

ronni62
02-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the prayers, everyone! We can feel them working. Lawsuit settled out of court yesterday with enough to pay the attorney, all the medical bills, and have some for us to be able to pay off some other bills, too! Our attorney said we should have gotten a lot more, but the at-fault was waaaayyyy under-insured. I feel like God's will was accomplished in a wonderful way:D. Now, must get the taxes finished-and that's been another surprise-we're actually getting $$ back this year from both fed and state! I was shocked and have even put all the data into the program 3 times to make sure I did it all right!

Gary-glad your sister's chemo is over and your sil is willing to do the work to become healthier. Prayers will continue for you all!

Bargoo-Thanks for the info about your radiation. My mil will have her surgery on the 15th (lumpectomy or mastectomy-depending on what they see in lymph nodes), then radiation &/or chemo.

Rosebud-I definitely feel we're being given some challenges right now-but I know that we'll get through it by relying on God. So glad to hear Numpster is in her new home-such an exciting time to come for her and the family!

Ingrid-Welcome!

Laurie-prayers for some less busy time for you!

Well, trying to figure out what to do this afternoon, but not really wanting to do much of anything at all! DS3 vacuumed the whole house while we were at the mediation yesterday-what a surprise!-so not much housecleaning to do! Anyway, I'd better go accomplish something. God bless all of you!:hug:

bargoo
02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
[quote=ronni62;3138635]Thanks for the prayers, everyone! We can feel them working.

Isn't God good ?

Bargoo-Thanks for the info about your radiation. My mil will have her surgery on the 15th (lumpectomy or mastectomy-depending

I am sometimes asked how I cope. my answer is very simple.....

Trust God
Trust your doctors
And keep a positve attitude

Prayers for all who are in need.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-07-2010, 12:55 AM
RONNIE ~ that is awesome news on all fronts; GOD is blessing you for your faithfulness! Have a great Sunday ... :hug:

BOOTSIE ~ glad to hear that you are feeling better; well enuff to tackle the housechores. You are one busy lady too ... :hug:

GARY ~ glad to hear that SUE and ANNIE are both doing well; and that they both are coming thru these tuff challenges so well. ^PRAYERS^ continue for them and all the family ...

BARGOO ~ you are such a great encouragement and blessing to all those going thru these kinds of trials ... :hug:

JEREMIAH ~ nice to have you drop by; don't be a stranger now, we can use another male perspective now and then, and I'm sure Bootsie appreciates the tips for her DH too ... :D

HI THERE to all our other Encourager's out there -- hope you are all having a blessed and peaceful weekend too ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
02-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi GALS ~

Getting settled in to watch the Super Bowl.

Angie and I did a 5K yesterday, my daughter joined us...it was a fundraiser for the local animal center...a 5K with the mutts. Angie and Amanda ran it and I walked, we looped several times so I got some pictures and they were able to get the dogs back to me after they ran so I could walk them through the finish...cool...it was rainy weather but a lot of fun. I will link the pictures below...

Church had a good turn out for first service in spite of the game activities going on.

I will catch up soon.

PICS HERE ~ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pudgy-pets/193549-puppy-love-5k-run-walk.html#post3140457

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
:wave: We just had a quiet day at home yesterday. Today we had to go out for DH had a consult with the dentist about his teeth; his bottom piece needed repairs or replacing. Turns out the dentist thinks they can reline them for him so that he can at least use them to chew his food; but the price was bit higher than we expected for just a repair. So now we just have to wait to see if our insurance will pay for them or not.

GARY ~ the pics were great; love to see those furry babies, and they sure looked like they were enjoying themselves (and a bit tuckered out too). ;)

We picked up our fresh foods for the week while we were at it and did a few errands; so I got some xtra walking in today as well. The temps said that it was only -9C but the northern winds were really cold; and it has been snowing lightly for a good part of the day. If it wasn't for his appointment, I would have rathered stayed home.

Hope everyone is having a great day ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
HI GALS ~

Rosebud the puppies had a great time! They love to "GO" and we love to take them....prayers for good news on the insurance for Dh's teeth!

Prayers for all concerns ~ Gary

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
:wave: HELLO EVERYBODY ~ it's a bit colder here this week; temps dropping down to about -17C tonight, and we have had some cold northernly winds making it feel much worse ... :brr:

So we just stayed home today; doing well on my plan, so am happy about that. DH just got back from a charity hockey game ... I think I just heard the car drive in. Our winter carnival is on right now, and we hope to get out to see a few things; he has been checking almost every day, but most of the stuff will be this weekend -- should be lots of fun.

Hope you are all having a great week ... Rosebud :flow1:

ronni62
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi, Everyone! It's cold here too (-13 F this morning) and we finally got dug out from the last snow (11 more inches on top of the 24 or so we had so far). Can't wait till this winter is done and gone, but at this rate, the snow won't be melted away until July!

Rosebud-a winter carnival sounds nice! Do they do ice sculptures and stuff like that? Clear Lake, just north of us, is having their kite festival in a week, where people from all over bring in those huge kites and fly them on the frozen lake. They are just beautiful to see! Here's a link to see some photos from past years : elmon.smugmug.com/gallery/4675868_QSxM9#276357419_MeDrJ

We usually drive by to see the kites, but don't get out of the car, because I just can't take the cold and wind off the lake!

Hi and prayers for everyone else too! Not much going on here, but seems like I'm too busy anyway:dizzy:! Must finish up some paperwork for DS2 possible scholarships, along with taxes, fafsa, etc, etc....Seemed like this year all the tax info came much later than usual:?:.

I've been reading the OT the last few months and am to Isaiah, which led me back to Job today and a chapter I had noted a few weeks ago, where God asks Job, "Did you ever tell the sun to rise? And, did it obey?" Just reminded me of God's awesome power and also how He's reining in Satan's powers. I can only begin to imagine how bad these last couple years, and even now, would have been if God were not the One in charge. I have to keep remembering that God IS the one in control, not Satan, and He's watching over and protecting us from Satan's evil lies and deceit and we must remember to rely on God and not ourselves to get through all that the evil one has set in our paths. Just wanted to share that.

Well, better get going here, or I'd happily just stay under the blankie all day!:hug::hug: to all!

EZMONEY
02-13-2010, 09:58 AM
HI GALS ~ :)

Gosh it is slow around here...I'm not much help either :(

Work has been a bit stressful, nothing major, just the fact that we are keeping a small crew but still trying to maintain production...it ain't happening. We are on a Mercedes Benz project...they want us to move faster with the building, but at the same time are making major changes that they don't have the money...yet...to pay for...soooo...we keep a smaller crew and try to keep payroll down but keep building. My boss has not been a happy :) camper lately. We do have projects in the future, several large ones...some on hold for now...things could get real slow for my end of it in a month or so for awhile. That is OK for me, I can miss a few months and not be hurt too bad but boy that will really be a mess for my brother and brother in law, with the medical insurance and all....

God is in control!

Which is why I love what you posted RONNI :hug: I know I am not alone when I go to the Lord in prayer and tell Him I feel like Job. Then I go read it again and go...hey! wait a minute dude :mad: your life is nothing close to Job's!!! Now that guy was in pain!

Angie and I have an easy week-end planned. I will throw the dogs in on her in a minute, depending on how she feels, she has a bit of a cold, we will walk the dogs to Starbucks or take them to the beach for a walk and breakfast. Plan to hit Costco at some point this week-end...maybe a dinner out tonight for Valentine's Day tomorrow...go pick up a prize we won in a raffle for the PuppyLove 5K :carrot: They didn't say what it was just that we won, on a message yesterday, while we were at work...some were nice prizes...not expensive but nice. Our local Armstrong nursery is going out of business tomorrow so we may stop in there for some clearance stuff...

this economy is really hurting people....more and more closings of stores around us :(

Prayers for all those in financial need.

I will be back...have a great day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-13-2010, 11:01 PM
HI THERE ~ well, we had much warmer temps today; the :sunny: came out this AM and brought the temps up to about 0C, which is warm for this area in February. Now it is ***** a bit but the temps have fallen back down to about -10C tonight.

Our winter carnival is in full force today; lots of things going on esp for the kiddies and those with lots of xtra $$$ to spend. DH braved the winds today, but finally came home late afternoon as he was frozen. He says he doesn't know how some people can stay outdoors for so long. He came home just after lunch to warm up; then went back, but finally had enuff around 4 pm. Tomorrow is the final day and he wants to go to the smash-up derby which is his favorite thing.

RONNIE ~ Here is just a partial list of the many activities we have in our winter carnival here ...

Parades and fireworks; snow queen & princess pageants; log rolling; ice sculpting; karoke & talent contests; indoor and outdoor ice hockey; sleigh rides; helicopter rides, dog sled rides for the kiddies, polar ice water dip; tug-of-war; indoor & outdoor dances; food-eating competitions; raffles & games & many other contests; ice fishing derby, smash-up car derby, etc.

GARY ~ sorry to hear that there are still more closings down there; we are praying and hoping that things will pick up, but it seems when people are out of work, there is a terrible ripple effect. The high-end businesses start to close up becuz people can't afford those luxuries anymore.

When that happened here, many businesses catering to lower-income people opened up instead: ie second-hand, antique, and consignment shops; plus dollar stores, etc. The market moves towards the needs of the people in their target area; hence, find a need and fill it.

People cut back drastically; bike sales increased; people started cooking and gardening at home, etc. Can't blame them really; we've all had to do that here too. Fix things instead of buying new; and a new USED car dealership is opening up here right now (just after a new car dealership closed up).

Tonight we are just having a quiet time at home keeping warm; hope you are all feeling well. ^PRAYERS^ continue for all ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-14-2010, 07:17 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... KAREN!

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

carolr3639
02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Just got back last night from visiting the kids in Portland and Seattle. We took them skiing on Mt. Rainier for 3 days. I don't ski but Dh does. The highlight for me was seeing the Christians at the Forest Grove Gospel Hall since we hadn't been there for 3 years. Last year we were at meeting in Seattle and the year before we payed for the kids to come home so we didn't go west. Most of the people at Forest Grove are quite old and one man had gone to be with the Lord since we were last there.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-14-2010, 08:41 PM
WELCOME BACK, CAROL ~ sounds like you all had a great time on your visit with family and friends ...

We have been having ***** here for most of the day, but the temps were warmer too; DH says that the winds were pretty cold though. He did get to go see the smash-up derby on snow today; and he said it just keeps getting bigger and more popular each year.

We could hear the heli's overhead for the afternoon -- taking folks out for a ride over the town. The fishing derby was on today too; as were some more activities on the lake. This is the last day and DH said that more people go out for this carnival than the summerfest; I think it is a fun way to break up the monotony of the long, cold winters here.

Tomorrow is a civic holiday in our province called FAMILY DAY so people can have a day to spend with their families; sure hope they take advantage and do just that.

Hope you all had a lovely :val1: VALENTINE'S DAY :val1: today ...

Do you all do anything special? Some years we do, some years we don't. Last year, DH bought me a snake plant (I asked for it); but I told him not to buy me chocolate this year, and he complied as I already have some dark chocolate here from Christmas yet.

We had shepherd's pie (I didn't make it; I cheated and bought it frozen so I could just pop it in the oven). I am now going to have some chocolate yogurt ice cream with pieces of the dark chocolate in it; that is my Valentine's treat for today ... ;)

Take good care ... :val3: ROSEBUD :val3:

EZMONEY
02-14-2010, 11:59 PM
snuck in for a peek...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!

I will be back tomorrow...

thought I was gonna have an easy week-end...

busy-busy....but enjoyable!

almost 5,000 songs in my i-pod!!!!...

takes time to load ya know....

good thing for me the race...Daytona.... lasted all freakin' day!

ronni62
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi, everyone! Just a quick drop-in to let you know that DH's mom is out of surgery and doing ok. They just removed the lump and one lymph node. Pathology will be back next week, so hoping that it shows all the cancer removed and none in the lymph node, so she won't have to have any more surgery. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers!

Rosebud-your carnival sounded like a lot of fun. We've never seen a demo derby (what we call them here) on ice. DH would love that, as he and his buddies used to build and run the demos all the time.

Talk to you all later!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
HI RONNIE ~ so glad that all went well today for your MIL; had been praying ahead for days and last night too. We hope they got it all too. Yes, that car smash-up derby is so popular that they have to do 2 runs now; with 3 tiers of snowbanks for the fans, and DH says that it is awesome. Some people found it cold on the 3rd tier with the winds so were sliding down to the bottom. We used to go see the ones in the summertime down south at lot when I was younger; this one is always in the winter during our carnival. They build huge snow walls around the edge; that is a good protection for the cars, drivers, and fans too. Two vehicles caught on fire, but they stopped the race right a way to get the drivers out and they were fine. It's a fab way to top off a great winter carnival.

GARY ~ ya, you sure were slaving away there with your IPOD and watching all that tv and making up new threads yesterday; I sure hope you did something nice for that lovely Angela somewhere in there on Valentine's Day ... ;)

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER ENCOURAGERS out there ~ hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day and weekend too; and have a great week ... ROSEBUD :flow1:

EZMONEY
02-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi GALS ~

RONNI pretty good news for your mom right now...fingers crossed and prayers sent here!

ROSEBUD..lol...Angie and I did the grocery shopping together and of course church...while she went to yoga I vacuumed..a great deal for her...watched the race and did the i-pod all at the same time...Angie was down here in the family room with me for a lot of it....reading and knitting...then she went up to watch Olympics...calling me when I should "come and see"....

Be back tomorrow....

oh and here in southern California we smash up plenty of cars on the freeways!

LizR
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Special hello to everyone on this Ash Wednesday. For lent I am giving up television (ouch), saying something nice and cheerful to everyone I encounter and meditating over the psalms daily.

iriswhispers
02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey everyone! I have not even been lurking around 3FC recently and I have to say how much I miss it! (I also have to admit that some weight is creeping back on... I still consider myself a maintainer, but I can feel my clothes getting tighter :mad:)

I hope you all had a great weekend and maybe got to enjoy some celebrations for Valentine's day =). It was also my church's 60th anniversary so we had a brunch Sunday.

I'm curious if you all give things up for Lent? I see one person mentioned TV. Someone gave me the idea of doing something positive every day instead of giving something up, and that's kind of the lines I am thinking along. The only thing I could give up that I'd really consider a sacrifice would be wine. Which I suppose I could do - but I'm thinking something like getting up early to work out and do devotions every morning (this could count as "giving up" the snooze alarm!)

EZMONEY
02-17-2010, 08:25 PM
THANKS IRIS!!!!

I forgot to post the LENTEN Devotions this morning! I will try to remember to post the ones from the Lutheran Missouri Synod website...they are pretty good usually....

ASH WEDNESDAY is up now....

Prayers for all ~ Gary

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, I'd give up TV too; but I don't watch TV as we have no cable or satellite presently. We were gonna get the S for Christmas but just put it off too long; maybe in the spring now. Ummm .... so I guess that wouldn't count, but I like the idea of doing some good for someone much better. If we all did that we could really make an impact on the others and the world, I think!

We went shopping yesterday; my feet and legs were a bit sore afterwards for some reason, but am taking it easier tonight. We had more ***** overnight, guess winter had finally arrived! Just in 2 days, we have almost caught up to last year; well not quite, but it won't be long now as they are predicting more white stuff for the rest of the week.

:wave: HI to both IRIS and LIZR ~ nice of you ladies to drop by again! Hello to all our other encouragers as well; have a great week everyone ... Rosebud :flow1:

ThinkinThin
02-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi all. I'm new here. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has heard of a Christian weight loss plan called Weigh Down. I bought some CDs and a book on it and I'm trying it, but now I've read some stuff online that says the church that the founder pf the program started is really a cult. I wondered if anyone ever used Weigh Down and if it works. I haven't had a miraculous reaction to it so far!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
:welcome: to our Christian thread ~ I'm sure you will like this site -- and the people here are friendly and very supportive ...

I think the reason some people are calling that author's church a cult is becuz she left the traditional churches to start her own church based on her own personal beliefs, which some people don't agree with. Most people wouldn't do that; they would just look around until they felt the Lord lead them to another established church (whether organized or independant). I mean, don't we have enuff choices now?

I haven't tried her plan; but my research says the first book was the most liked by readers and participants. Some say it is a lot like Intuitive Eating which there is a thread on this site somewhere; you can do a Search for it using the search function in the purple bar at the top of the page.

Have a Fabulous Friday everyone ... :flow1:

CountingDown
02-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi all!
I missed you!
We had a GREAT trip to California to see DS1 and DIL. The weather was glorious and DS1 designed the Ash Wednesday service, so it was extra special to attend :D

All is well here - busier than ever since I missed so much work (vacations are fun, but catching up is mind boggling!)

I read everyone's posts - prayers continuing for all!

Oh, and regarding Weigh Down - I lead a group about 15 years ago. I liked the first book and video series - since then, Gwen has gone a bit awol from a traditional Christian theology and message, so I don't much care for her materials beyond the first series. It was solid and worthwhile! I lost about 50 lbs. while doing the program back then.

Gotta fly - still have a ton of house stuff to catch up on as well.

Blessings to all, and Prayers ASCENDING!!!

Laurie :scooter:

ThinkinThin
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the weigh down info - I'm going to stick it out because I think I have some of the older materials before Gwen went off in a different direction so I'm hoping they'll work for me. I'll let you know.

CountingDown
02-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the weigh down info - I'm going to stick it out because I think I have some of the older materials before Gwen went off in a different direction so I'm hoping they'll work for me. I'll let you know.

It was good stuff! I still use some of the intuitive eating ideas, as well as putting food in proper perspective.

Good luck - you absolutely CAN do this!

Blessings!

Laurie

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
WELCOME BACK, LAURIE ~ sounds like you had a great time with your son in sunny Californie. Is San Diego anywheres near where GARY & ANGELA live? Hope you can get some rest in this weekend before you have to return to work.

We are just having a quiet night at home; listening to golden oldies on the radio while reading and posting here, and having my tea. Soon will go put my legs up and do some reading too -- have a wonderful weekend, folks ... ROSEBUD :flow1:

EZMONEY
02-20-2010, 09:06 AM

Well it is not quite 5am here on a rainy Saturday morning :) Of course I have been up drinking coffee since 3:30...my "get up for work" body clock doesn't shut down anymore for week-ends I guess :mad:

Today is the 3rd annual...heck I think it's the 3rd (memory....loved it when I had it :D) Gramma/i Judi's Chili Cook-Off Memorial. I opted to switch things up a bit this year to try to get the focus more towards all our loved ones that have passed on and not so much just on Grandma Judi. Angie is making chicken cacciatore with risotto and polenta. She will also saute onion, garlic, spinach and tomatoes to go over the polenta if we want....yummy! We will have 20-25 here later this afternoon.

Big news of the week....Angie got another tattoo....she likes it and that's what is important ;) If I remember I will post the picture of it...

Work has been exhausting...3 hours total on the road each day plus the downsize of the crew to keep the key men busy for as long as we can. Things are still looking "slim" out there but we do have some work going on and still continuing to pick jobs up...looks like we won't go hungry but won't be buying much either! Praise God for His gifts :carrot:

Angie and I went to a local pizza joint last night that we enjoy, it's run by skateboard/snowboard kids...always a fun place. Our Vicar from church stopped in with his 2 daughters so it was good to see him out of "uniform" :) Angie and I shared a spinach and bacon pizza. We were going to try a new place. The Yellow Deli, run by a religious cult, that has just opened....all organic...but there was a sign on the door that they were closed until Sunday afternoon....some other time. Angie has watched it go up since it is across from one of the yoga studios she goes to....our Pastor's son and his wife went after Ash Wednesday service for dinner and liked the food....maybe next week.

Good to see SCOOTER back safe from vacation. ROSEBUD I live very close to San Diego....north of the city...but Laurie's son and dil live up nearer San Francisco.

I will try to get back later this week-end :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-20-2010, 09:38 PM
THANKS GARY ~ :lol: I don't know where I got the San Diego thing from ... :dizzy: maybe it was a subconscious thing; possibly someone mentioned that name somewhere. I was just wondering if they were near enuff to visit you while they were so close. Hope you all have a fabulous gathering with your family; sounds awesome ... :D

Hope all our encouragers and other friends are having a very pleasant weekend; take care ... Rosebud :flow1:

bargoo
02-20-2010, 10:11 PM
That's the thing about California, I am often asked if I go to LA often, I live in Northern Calif and LA is hundreds of miles away. Now the people that live in the real Northern Calif laugh at the rest of us who are called Northern Californians.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Right, I do know that California is a very long, narrow state that runs along the western side of the US -- almost the entire length, except for 1 or 2 states at the top, I think??? I don't have a map handy.

Our provinces are the same; BC runs along the entire western coast of Canada. People ask me if I ever get down to Toronto. I have been there many times as I was born in southern Ontario, but now I live way up north and Toronto is about 500+ miles south of here, so same issue ... :lol:

bargoo
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
California is bordered on the north by Oregon and on the south by Mexico. I live in Silicon Valley , since you all have computers you probably have a product made here. Some of the companies that have headquarters here, Apple, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Ebay, Google, Yahoo, and many others. Look up semi conductor in the yellow pages and you will find page after page.

ronni62
02-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi, everyone! It's been a rough couple weeks and I haven't been here much (and my non-shifting weight is showing it:(). Unfortunately, i can't say I've actually been accomplishing anything, either. Did get the taxes done, though, and the fafsa, but beyond that, I'm just a waste of space right now.

DH's mom has to have another surgery-they did not remove enough cancer-free tissue during the lumpectomy, so they must go in again-not sure when, but probably later this week or early next.

Also, found out that my dad has become very weak and has been falling a lot and is unable to flex his feet and one of his hands. He's also lost about 50 pounds since the start of the cancer treatments in November and is down to about 170 now, which is good, but also bad, as he simply isn't eating right, because he says he still can't taste anything from the radiation. He is refusing to allow the docs to treat the Hodgkin's lymphoma (chemo). My sister is planning to move him in with her family as they have a single-story house (ours has stairs to get to the bathroom) and, also, since mom has ended up living near me, dad doesn't want to be near her. We're just hoping he follows through with the move, as he fell in the parking lot where he works a couple weeks ago and couldn't get up until someone drove by (it's on a dead-end) and saw him laying there and came to help him. Fortunately, it wasn't too cold at that time-now they have 16" of snow on the ground and much colder temps, but the stubborn old mule insists on going to his job no matter what!

Gary-glad to see the pics of you and your sis. She's looking good, although I know she's not always feeling that way. Prayers continue. You're a good brother, you know. And, you'd make a good pastor - remember pastors don't have to be perfect (you know that's just not possible in this life), they just have to be a little more openly honest about it than the rest of us, usually.

Laurie-glad you had a good trip. It must have been nice to get out of the snow zone for a bit!

Thinkinthin-Welcome!!

Rosebud, Bargoo, Iris, and everyone else-keeping you all in my prayers and thanking God for having this group to turn to! Hope you all have a blessed day!

ronni62
02-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi, again, everyone. We just got bad news from DH's mom. She met with her surgeon today and the lab reports actually show that she has 2 forms of breast cancer and the one they missed is a more invasive type. She has to have more testing to find out if it has spread, then decide on type of treatment, whether it'll be more surgery, then radiation, or chemo and radiation. Please keep her in your prayers for strength emotionally, as well as DH, who's, of course, very worried and stressed about this.

Thank you all so very much:)

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
:hug: RONNI ~ sorry to hear that about your MIL and DAD; am still keeping both of them in my prayers, of course, as well as your DH, you, and your whole family. You have a lot of stress in your life right now; to maintain is still a gain really ... you are doing great! :hug:

I agree with all of you that GARY is a terrific brother; and it is so nice that he is watching out for his sister like he does. I tease him, but it's just in fun, you know! He has a great sense of humor and and likes to kid around too; and that bodes well to get us through all kinds of tough situations in this life.

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours; take good care ... :hug:

bargoo
02-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Ronni, praying for your dad and hubby's mom. I know what a shock it is to get that "c" word, but I also know that God answers prayer.

EZMONEY
02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Not a lot of time tonight...busy here but

PRAYERS for all...I am reading and praying!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
:wave: We are having a great day here; the temps dropped down to -15C last night and we have some very strong northernly winds, but GOD sent us some lovely :sunny: to help warm things up for us.

I had to go for my last dentist appointment for teeth repairs this AM; PTL -- all went very well and quickly. This place is much nicer and the people are so friendly (and the senior dentist is a Christian too), so they have a very jovial atmosphere there.

I won't have to go again until July for a cleaning but the girl they have there is fabulous; kind, sweet, and caring. I am so grateful to be able to get my dental work done here in town. Still no news about the insurance for DH, will have to call again to see why they haven't returned my calls like they promised they would.

So now we are back at home and staying indoors to keep warm; becuz that wind out there is strong and bitingly cold. :brr: I'm nice and cozy right near our furnace and lovin' it too .... :lol:

Doing well stayin' on plan this week; doing exercise at home with a bit of walking outside like to day and later in the week sometime as well (waitin' for a warmer day).

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday; prayers continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

Bootsie
02-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Everyone! We got 3 inches of snow! I got rolled by old Lee but I rolled him to but i think he gave in and let me roll him. I had a blast, I caught David outside and got him , oh yeah he got me too! Ha! Then a friend came over with his 13 year old boy and we had a blast throwing snowballs at each other! then when his Dad came outside he started having a snow ball fight with him, his Dad got in the pick up quick. I got one of my brother in laws too but he wouldn't throw back he would throw at the house instead, thats no fun! That fat cat Rufuss never seen snow, he got rolled but he was like my brother in law just no fun at all, think he was in shock never seen snow before! My friend got all her dogs outside and she said talking about a bunch of kids those dogs had a blast in the snow , so did she. I would throw a snow ball at Lee and he would run full speed at me like he was going to plow me under and turn right quick. Then he started eating the snow balls I threw! Oh wow so much fun!

My friend Maxine passed away, that had the heart operation I was telling about away back , that got the pig valves . Rosebud glad this was your last dentist visit , Ronnie know your Mom & Dad are in my prayers tonight.
Gary that spinach pizza sounds good!

EZMONEY
02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
hugs

LizR
02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Ronni - I'm so sorry about your MIL and Dad.
Bootsie - So sorry to hear about Maxine.

I am prayers for everyone. :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-26-2010, 12:08 AM
:hug: BOOTSIE ~ sorry to hear about your friend MAXINE; prayers for comfort for you and her family ... :hug: Sounds like you had great time with the snow in Texas; esp with your dear furry friend Lee. That must be a real phenomena having snow way down there. Well precip is precip, whether it's rain or snow; it will eventually melt and replenish the soil ... :hug:

Hope all our encouragers have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... :D

ronni62
02-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Bootsie-sorry to hear about your friend passing:hug: So funny about the snow and your pets! Every year, at the first snow, our dog acts like she's never seen it before, but she just loves chasing and trying to catch snowballs-she just can't figure out where they go when they land in the snowy yard:dizzy:

Rosebud-glad you've been getting some sun there too-it's been very nice,but cold here, but so nice to see the sun when we open the blinds! Maybe spring isn't so far off. March 20th is within sight, but we all know that March usually brings more snow to those of us in these northern areas.

Well, we decided to take the afternoon off today and just watch curling on the Olympics (I did sneakily teach the kids some sports history while we were watching, but don't tell them that;)). I'd love to just be able to go somewhere right now, but will wait and maybe plan a trip to see my dad mid-March. My eating is terrible and I've gained a couple pounds, so I'm ticked at myself, but not gonna beat myself up about it, as I'm having some MS issues again and haven't been able to sleep well because of numbness and tingling, along with a migraine for 2 days now. But, good news, we did get our settlement from the car "accident" so I'll be able to pay off bills:carrot:!

Oh, and more good news! DS2 is ecstatic-the college he wants to go to has offered him a partial football scholarship! He's always felt led to this college (it's a small, Christian college) and it looks like he's going to end up with scholarships to pay for almost all of the fees-God is truly blessing him (& us) and I feel there are good things ahead for him. It'll be so hard to have him go away to school, but I also think it may be good for DS3 to have us to himself for awhile, too.

Well, hoping and praying all of you have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

LizR
02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Ronni - Congrats to your son. Mine are little but I can imagine how tough it is when it is time for them to fly from the nest. Sounds like he is going to do great though!

Here is a wonderful story from my son who is 14m old. I have an album of sing-a-long Sunday school music I play while we ride in the car. During one of the songs my son repeated "God" to the music!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bootsie
02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank You all, I will miss Maxine.
Ronni what a blessing for your son and you! WOW! Oh yes i loved the snow but ya know I really don't know how y'all can stand it for more than two or three days. I really don't. But it was fun while it lasted. Well best go got a hot date with my old man , taking me out to eat tonight! Have a wonderful new week to all!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-28-2010, 09:40 PM
We had beautiful :sunny: all day yesterday and for a good part of today. I spent the afternoon talking to my sister, NUMPSTER, while our dinner of chicken and roasted veggies were baking in the oven. I also baked some apples and blueberries at the same time; I really like how they taste together: their flavors actually compliment each other.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ that's cute about your hot date with your DH; and him taking you out for dinner last night: hope you had a great time. I love the pics in your avatar of your animal menagerie; those chickens kinda look like banty roosters to me, or something close to them, or a cross maybe ... but whatever kind they are, they are really nice looking, aren't they?

LIZR ~ that is so nice to see the little ones praising GOD so young: "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength ..." Psalm 8:2

HI RONNIE ~ prayin' for those headaches to go away; and for your MIL, your DAD, and you and your family. Praise GOD for his many blessings and answers to prayer ... :hug:

I made a big mistake by eating some nachos on Friday night and the salt caused me to swell up terribly and I was very sick last night. I had to take some meds and go to bed for the whole evening; but I was up and down to the LR over a dozen times ... so it's NO MORE JUNKIES for me! My body cannot handle the salt, but at least I am glad that I know what was causing the problem now, so I thank GOD for that.

I had already started to replace salt with spices and herbs, so I guess when I ate that very salty stuff, my body really reacted to it. They say process of elimination works; and it did for me. Hope all the rest of our encouragers had a wonderful weekend, and have a nice week coming up as well ...

Do take care of yourselves; and prayers continue for you and yours ... Rosebud :flow1:

EZMONEY
02-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Well gals I had a pretty easy birthday week-end. My daughter came up yesterday and we went and gave blood then I came home and did some chores and hung out with Angie.

My son/dil and daughter/sil, nephew and my sister and one of my nieces joined us for church then the kids took me to my favorite Mexican joint for dinner.

This morning Angie and I walked the dogs along the beach for 4 miles then had breakfast at the cafe. Boy the waves were big! Prayers for Chile :(

My sister is doing pretty well....in spirit...she is tired and sore from radiation but doing well as she can. My sister in law is doing better today, they think the infection is under control. I will know more on that tomorrow.

What a great game between the USA and Canada today :carrot: I wish We ;) won but I know how important it was to Canada.

Have a great week LADIES and congrats to all of your good news and prayers for those requested :hug:

bargoo
03-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Sabrina, prayers going up for your requests.

kbajak
03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi everyone, new here and am glad to find Christian Encouragers. I am looking forward to following everyone. I am trying Weigh Down, but am struggling. Anyone here on Weigh Down?

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
HI K ~ this is the old February CE'ers thread; we'd love to have you join us in the new MARCH thread -- pop over there and introduce yourself again. When you are new, it is ez to get confused with all these different threads. We'd love to have you join us there ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
CLOSED!!!!

This is the old February thread, please join us over in the new MARCH thread ... thanks!