100 lb. Club - FEBRUARY NSV's

View Full Version : FEBRUARY NSV's

Sandi
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

ScarlettDrawl
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
My black pants fit! My favorite size 22 pants in my closet finally fit. I wasn't expecting much this morning (I've been trying them on from time to time) but they pulled right up and buttoned easily. All my other 22s have been fitting for a while now, so this is the last pair on my way to my 20s! I have every size in my closet from a 16 to 24. I can't wait to get to a size where I HAVE to go shopping.

ToriLeigh
02-02-2010, 02:13 AM
1. It's February and I am still here and eating healthier
2. My size 18 jeans fit. Little muffin top, but I can button them while standing up without sucking in my tummy!

Sandi
02-03-2010, 12:42 PM
*bump*

Kenni
02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
:carrot:

I have a size 22 pair of Levis that I have not been able to button since Summer. I don't know why, I can fit other jeans in a 22 or even 20's!

I can not only zip them now but I wear them--a little snug but I'm glad to be in them!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

LizR
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Size 16! Whoot! :broc:

jigglefree
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
OOOOOO I'm so excited about my NSVs. Okay so today I ran on the treadmill which I haven't done in three years. Then I actually got on the scale in the gym and I weigh so much less than I thought I did or I have lost quite a bit last month. I thought I was 290 on the 3rd of Jan and maybe 270 now. Well.....drum roll please....I'm 247.5!!!!!!! YES INDEED!!! I even more motivated now. I will be in ONEderland before I know it!!

:running::running::running: This is me running that size 10 down!!!

lovemyboy
02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
My blood pressure ( the upper number ) is down 20.

thistoo
02-04-2010, 09:44 AM
My calves have always been enormous, and even after 90 pounds they are still big enough that I have trouble with tall boots (the curse of the short girl, I think!)

I do have one pair of knee high boots with some stretch in them, but they have always been sort of a struggle to get on; i.e. I have to coax my calf fat into getting zipped into the last four inches. Well, I put them on today after not wearing them for a few weeks, and what do you know, I didn't have to coax my fat into submission! They certainly aren't loose by any means, but I zipped them up without catching any skin or my tights in the zipper.

My calves are (a tiny bit) smaller! Victory!

PS: I am sorry for accidentally reviving an ancient January NSV thread last month! I promise to be extra careful in future.

Beverlyjoy
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
At my meeting yesterday - my friend mentioned that I look like I've lost some weight.

ScarlettDrawl
02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
My junior size 21 slacks fit, too! :D

PeanutsMom704
02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I wasn't paying that much attention to this, but I noticed yesterday how much room there was between me and the steering wheel of my car! definitely much, much more than before.

cathydoe
02-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Today I went to the doctors office with dh and my rear end fit in the seat! HOOT!

SoulSurvivor
02-04-2010, 10:04 PM
1) I returned to the gym for the first time in ages yesterday and did a 30 min workout on the cross trainer... wooo for stamina!

2) This girl in my weight loss group keeps commenting on how much weight I've lost since joining this second group... it's only been 1 stone and 3lbs.. but it makes me think that I must have really changed since when I first started my weight loss journey over 3 stones ago :)

BeachBreeze2010
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
I went closet shopping this week and found some new clothes to wear! Several of the shirts I had stopped wearing fit again and even a pair of pants!

I bought a pair of jeans two weeks ago that were a size 16W. I could get them on when I bought them, but wasn't ready to wear in public yet. They were a great price and I figured I would be in them soon. Last week I wore them to work on jeans Friday and felt like they were snug but wearable - definitely better than when I bought them. Today, I zipped them up and they fit - no contortions to get them on - no long shirt to make it look more acceptable - they just fit!

knobhdy
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I am a big fan of Cadbury's chocolate mini eggs. A big fan. As in I could live on them and nothing else....

I bought some for lunch today. (I got stuck in one of the buildings that I didn't intend to so I had to buy lunch today, instead of eating out of my carefully planned lunch stash in my office....)
Anyway I bought two small bags of mini eggs, so there was built in portion control, and I factored them in and they fit with my calorie goals (if not my fat goals) and everything....
I did eat one bag (cause I gaveup after two bites of the tinned apples I bought to make the chocolate healthier)... but I never ate the other bag. I just didn't feel like it.
That is a major victory for me.

LitChick
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I was given a gift certificate to Coldwater Creek and went there this past weekend. Never been in a CC store before, so didn't know what to expect. I was looking at a jacket and thinking of getting a size 18 when the saleslady comes up and says (nicely) "I just want to tell you that our customers are finding they're having to go up a size or two on these, they're cut really small." So I took the 18 and a 20 and went back to the dressing room, and ended up calling the saleslady in to get me a size 16!!!

It's a little tight but I figured I would rather grow into a $70 jacket (wow, their prices gave me sticker shock!) than grow out of one. The 18 was a bit too loose and would be too big in another 10 pounds or so.

thistoo
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I just went running, which I haven't done since...gosh, New Year's Day, I guess. I've been focusing on other fitness routines, but I figured a good old-fashioned run might be good for me. Usually I dread running outside because my stamina is pathetic, but it was actually pretty easy for me today. I even ran up a super-steep hill without wanting to die. That felt pretty awesome.

nelie
02-06-2010, 07:15 PM
I spent quite a few hours shoveling snow today :) It was awesome and the fact that I could do it without difficulty was great.

ubergirl
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
I spent quite a few hours shoveling snow today :) It was awesome and the fact that I could do it without difficulty was great.

Me too! :carrot: In the past I always let DH do it, for fear I'd drop dead of a heart attack. Today, it wasn't a big deal!

Also, my daughter made cookies today and I didn't even touch a crumb.

And last night, I did another C25K week 3 session and was amazed that week 3 seems easier than week 2.

And, of course, the recent shopping trip to ANN TAYLOR!!

ubergirl
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
=I was looking at a jacket and thinking of getting a size 18 when the saleslady comes up and says (nicely) "I just want to tell you that our customers are finding they're having to go up a size or two on these, they're cut really small." So I took the 18 and a 20 and went back to the dressing room, and ended up calling the saleslady in to get me a size 16!!!

Oh isn't that just DELICIOUS! I'm so terrified of salesladies that I usually slink in to the fitting room when they're not looking...

And whenever they yell over the door "need any help with sizes...?" I always imagine them smirking outside the fitting room door and thinking "of course she needs help with sizes, she is WAY TOO FAT FOR ANYTHING HERE!!!"

I FANTASIZE about telling the saleslady that I need a SMALLER SIZE.:D

eclipse
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I put on my wedding and engagement rings today and the fit all the way on. This is the first time I've been able to do that since before I got pregnant with my now 4 year old. Of course, my finger looked like a sausage with a rubber band squeezing it, and they were a b!tch to get back off, but it's progress, right? I'm guessing that 10 more lbs or so will let me wear them comfortably!

Mariella
02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
1.) No horrible gastric problems since I started on 1/20/10. My digestion feels as smooth as silk.

2.) My hands and ankles are not swollen!

3.) My belly has stopped causing the waistband of my jeans to roll down while I'm driving!

jigglefree
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Last night I was so very sleepy. I hadn't done my workout but I got up and did it. :exercise::exercise: This one of those so sleepy I could hardly get up stairs for bed but I got up looked at my husband and said, I will go and do my workout and be back for the baby. I FELT GREAT afterwards.

slimsilhouette2b
02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
OOh what great NSV's!!!

I bought an XL hooded sweatshirt from American Eagle and it fits perfect!

nelie
02-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Update on my snow shoveling today, I connected my bodybugg to see my activity and the 2 hours this morning where I was really working it with snow shoveling burned 800 calories!!

caryesings
02-07-2010, 06:33 PM
I crossed my legs. This was not a goal of mine, I don't even realize that NOT crossing my legs had anything to do with weight until I read it as someone's NSV last year and realized I couldn't remember crossing them in years. Today without thinking while I was at a friend's house sitting on the couch, I just did it. A very odd feeling after 20 years.

dietcokehead98
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I went out to lunch today and I was HUNGRY! I was sooo tempted to get a burger with mushrooms and swiss, fries and a side of ranch. I didn't. I got a 6oz sirloin, no butter, steamed broccoli, grilled mushrooms and a side salad with lettuce, tomato and carrot only-vinagrette on the side. Less than 550 calories. Best part was I was still full from lunch, so I barely ate any dinner!

SoulSurvivor
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
My friends convinced me to go to a party for a late producer called j dilla... but as I couldn't come home I had to buy something to wear.. let's just say it's a wonderful feeling to be able to go into any shop, try clothes on that actually FIT, have a choice of what to wear oh AND not spend a bloody fortune at the same time! Also I got a pair of leggings that are a size 14.. ok so maybe the sizing is weird but hey it beats not fitting into any!!

Beverlyjoy
02-08-2010, 07:27 AM
I've got two - my flannel nightgown that hasn't fit all winter...now fits.

DH brought home dark chocolate and olives for the Super Bowl gathering - and I didn't eat them. I will PLAN for them later this week.

Lucky Charm
02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
This NSV is a huge shock to me.

At my highest weight, I was a size 26 in jeans and a 2x in plus sizes. I could not fit into petites.

Yesterday, I thought I might be able to squeeze into an extra large in petites. To my surprise even that was too big for me. I actually got a lovely red kimono top in a large size.

And I can finally fit into a size 20 jeans. Yes, I have a muffin top when I wear them (which will become loose soon enough) but it zipped and buttoned up so easily.
:carrot:

Nada
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I did a 5K yesterday and shaved about a minute and a half off my previous best 5K time.

Oh, and SV too. I was able to move my ticker into a new decade. I had been bouncing around the low 170's FOREVER.

ChrissyBean
02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
My watch is getting baggy! A couple more pounds and I'm going to take another link out. LOL I'm also wearing a 38 C bra today, thankyouverymuch. It had been a 38 D. I really have to get measured, though. I just dragged this one out of the dresser and it fits pretty well.

PeanutsMom704
02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
I took my son to McDonald's tonight for a school-related fundraiser and I had a few sips of diet soda while I watched him enjoy his meal. And then I came home and ate my healthy supper of a homemade pita pizza with whole wheat pita and 2% mozz and a big serving of fresh broccoli.

Heavenlymom
02-19-2010, 02:03 AM
I have lost my sweet tooth cravings. :)
Don't get me wrong. I'd beg for a piece of chocolate cake but nope.. don't want it. :) Don't really crave it either. Loveing it!!

soulnik
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Today I slid my jeans on without unbottoning them and I'm wearing a top I haven't been able to wear in months! I can also see the weight loss in my face. I can't stop looking at myself!

ScarlettDrawl
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Hubby said I looked hot this morning when I was on my way to class. He always tells me I'm beautiful, but hot was sure nice to hear! Nothing like a NSV when the scale has been stuck for about 2 weeks.

CLCSC145
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I was walking through the house today and thought, something feels different. I couldn't figure it out... Until it dawned on me that my thighs don't touch when I walk anymore! Me, who used to get raw owies from the friction, have thighs that don't touch!!!! :dizzy:

Shmead
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I can see the veins in my hands.

Idealmuse
02-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Mine: Found a leather jacket for $30 was $130. Size M. It fits. MEDIUM! Woo!

I have a scale one too though... hit -120 down. :)

WiiOnederlandWii
02-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been coming to the site for about 2 weeks and finally joined today. Not sure what took me long but I'm glad to be here.
I am in my 4th week of my weightloss program. (regular lowfat diet, portion control & lots of exercise using my Nintendo Wii)

I've lost 14.5 lbs so far but one of the biggest things I have noticed is that my body doesn't ache no more.

My elbows, legs, feet and lower back would ache all day long, every day and I was popping extra strength tylenol and motrim like candy most days.
After my first week of exercising with my Wii, I started noticing a huge improvement and now 4 weeks later, I can move around with ease and have no pain what so ever.
My goal is to get below 199lbs (it's been many years since I seen that number on my scale) but just being able to move around and not be in pain every day is a huge accomplishment for me.

SW: 283lbs (01/25/2010)
CW: 268.5 lbs (02/18/2010)
GW: 175lbs

CLCSC145
02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm wearing regular size 16 pants today. I no longer need a "W" after my pants size anymore!!!

CLCSC145
02-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Oooh, another one!

I just got my first, "Gosh, I don't think you ought to lose any more" comment! And she's my friend who is a doctor! Now she was wrong of course, but it still made me feel good, like I'm getting closer. I think her comment came from the fact that I am wearing a baggy sweatshirt over fitted jeans and my legs have no more fat to lose, so she couldn't see the nightmare that is my upper half. But "yay me" anyway!

lovemyboy
02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
I fit into and buttoned and zipped a pair of size 12 petite jeans today. Granted, I have a muffin top and they are tight but I can wear them (with a long top). I started this in a 16 women's size.

BeachBreeze2010
02-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Just had something funny happen that I thought I would share.

At work, I had a meeting with a carrier rep that I see about once every 6 months or so for the last 3 years. He introduced himself to me! HA! Granted, I have cut my hair (even again since the pic <---there) and I think I look pretty good today with my clothes/makeup whereas before I was "frumpier." Still, could it be that the 20lbs was part of it?? I know it isn't a dramatic weight loss at this point, but I wonder...

lovemyboy
02-27-2010, 10:44 AM
BeachBreeze that is awesome!

Just today I can actually see defination and there is a line where my ribs end and stomach begins! Holy cow! I can't remember the last time I saw that.

Shmead
02-27-2010, 12:01 PM
This is TMI, but yesterday I started my first "natural" period since probably 1998. I have PCOS and in the last 12 years have never had a period when I wasn't on birth control. I am very glad to know that the "plumbing" is responding to all the weight loss and coming back to life, as it were.

Blairsey
02-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Today, I hit 280! And, I did it without fads, starving, or being miserable! I am leaner, smarter, and healthier than I used to be. :broc:

LitChick
02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Today I went horseback riding for the first time, and didn't have to worry about the posted weight limit (which if you're above, you have to ask for the 'special' horse). And I had fun!