LA Weight Loss - LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 1-7

View Full Version : LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 1-7

Kimphin
02-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Happy February!

It's going to be a long winter this year, since we are not going away in February. On the weight-loss front, I'm kind of glad that I have until April to make my butt smaller.

DH has been in Florida since Thursday night - and the high temp here was 5 degrees on Saturday. Me? Bitter? Oh, ****, yes.

JLem311
02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
morning all!
Kim, i'd be a bit bitter as well! :)

not much to report for me today..just keeping at my workout/eating and doing well. :)

Baby X has her 9 month check up today..time sure is flying, but what else is new.

hope everyone has an amazing start to their february.

and HUGE thanks to everyone who's made a donation to my NAMI Walk! it means SOOOOO much to me to have such great support! if you wanna check it out and donate (any donation is VERY MUCH appreciated!) the link is at the bottom of my signature.

L R K
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I hope you all had a good weekend, mine was def. too short.

So I am excited about today. I brought some of those Luna bars on the weekend trying my first one today. I will eat it this afternoon. But I am hoping it curbs my sweet tooth cravings just like the LA bars did.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Have a good day :wave:

Kimphin
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Lauren - Love your dog - Australian shepherd? So pretty!

JerseyMadchen
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey guys!

Haven't been on in awhile, been really busy. We had a death in the family, so we've been going back and forth to NJ for the last few weeks. It was a close family member, so it was heart-breaking.

Came home last night to 8" of snow and a massive driveway to shovel out. YUCK. Oh, and the battery in our thermostat died, so the heat went off, causing MAJOR pipe damage. There's a plummer out at the house now assessing the damage!

Kim- hey girl! I wish I was in FL more than ANYTHING!

Jillian- nice hair girl! That takes balls!

Nicole & Jillian- how goes the 30 day Shred??

Lauren- hey girl! I love your pup, so adorable! DH and I are researching breeds looking to get a puppy soon. The Luna's can be tricky, some are fabulous, some taste like cardboard! The lLuna cookies are good, the mint one definitely is. I get the Hungry Girl emails and that's where I found out about them.

More snow and ice and cold coming in this week. It's funny... on one hand I want the office to close, but with all the closings, holidays, and travelling time I've had off, the money would be nice! All the time I took of to go home to NJ really left a dent in my check recently!

Well, lunch break over, back to the grind!

L R K
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Lauren - Love your dog - Australian shepherd? So pretty!

Yes, she is an Australian Shepherd - pretty and crazy :)

But crazy is good for me because it means I have to go on that 2 mile walk everyday to help her craziness out :)

L R K
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey guys!

Lauren- hey girl! I love your pup, so adorable! DH and I are researching breeds looking to get a puppy soon. The Luna's can be tricky, some are fabulous, some taste like cardboard! The lLuna cookies are good, the mint one definitely is. I get the Hungry Girl emails and that's where I found out about them.

Thanks Jersey! She is adorable and a ton of fun - but def. a lot of work. What breed of dog were you thinking of getting??

I just had one of the Luna bars, the caramel nut brownie and I actually enjoyed it, def. helped my chocolate craving!

Hoochie
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone, just checking in. I had a pretty good weekend. I ate pretty healthy and I didn't even have a beer at the Flames game Saturday. That is good!
Drinking my water today but I am really craving chocolate. I am hoping it passes by in the next half hour. I don't want to cave into temptation. I wish I had some luna bars with me. I just chew gum!
Have a great day!

Joan

Mama Nicole
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Hello Ladies :)

I think it is so cool that the 3FC girls are so supportive of Jillian's NAMI walk :)

Well, happy to report I shredded my head off this a.m. Lots of mommy obstacles again, but managed to get it in anyway. I am thinking about getting an eliptical....but hate, hate, hate to think of spending the money. eee.

Happy to see you made it to the gym on Sat. Joni :) Did you go today? Holy crap, GI Jillian is rubbing off on me :)

How's your daycare free Monday, Katie?

Kim......where are you going in April....I havne't been paying attention very well lately.

Ok, better get some dinner for these kids.............I am surrounded by them :)
XOXO

JLem311
02-01-2010, 07:29 PM
**** yeah GI Jillian is rubbing off on you! and EVERYONE eventually!!!! (insert the mwahhhaaaahaaa laugh!) :)

Repo girl
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey everyone! I had a great daycare free Monday. I went to a meeting at the small business admin to get some advice we need for our business. The man that helped us was an older man, really sweet. He said we need a business plan. Dang it. We have been in business for 2.5 years now without one! Ah, he is right, I am just lazy, LOL. During the Business Plan Presentation he gave us he fell asleep twice!

Amy- Sound like life has been sucking lately. So sorry about the death in your family and the broken pipes. That is terrible news. Oh, and I vote for a bassett hound or a daushound. They are both sweet breeds with hilarious personalites. Especially the bassetts.

Nicole- Great job on the shred. You are rocking it, as usual!

Kim- Take heart, it has to warm up some time, right?

sweetandspicy
02-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies- just heard the ground hog saw his shadow so another 6 weeks of winter. I like snow but I am ready for spring. Unless you are a bear staying in all winter is depresing.

I am slowly loosing. Not sure why I keep eating everything in sight. I dont buy things then my husband buys them. Those girl scouts are quite coniving when they want to be. I love Samoas more than anything and now I saw where Edys sells Samoa ice cream. And guess what.. it is really really good and way off my plan. I think I shall invest in some luna bars or something to help with the chocolate cravings. I an resist salty all day long it is the sweets that really get to me.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sounds like everyone is staying on plan/getting on plan and exercising which I need to do so much!!! I went snow boaring on Sunday and that worked my thighs quite a bit but last night I sat on the sofa ate ice cream and watched House with my husband. Although the time together was nice. I am so regretting the ice cream. I hope it is gone by the time I get home.

L R K
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Amy~ it's the sweets that get me too! And I really find that the Luna bars help. I am with you there on wishing Spring would hurry up and come around, the snow and lack of sun is depressing! Stupid Ground Hog :p

Mama Nicole
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
sweets suck....hang in there girls :)

JLem311
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
i love sweets! and so do my kids! that's why i bake HEALTHY! and i don't feel so bad giving it to them on occasion.

L R K
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Sweets are evil but oh so good!!!! :dance:

Small amounts to help with those cravings are good :)

Arkantana
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi to everyone,
All the talk of sweets led me to a Smores Luna Bar. I love Luna's, they are the only reason I haven't cheated with a Snickers. Hard to get it through my head that I can really have them on this plan.

So this is my husbands 2nd week and he has lost 10 lbs. Not even really sticking completely to it but still losing. I'm so jealous!!

I have not weighed since last week so dunno about me. The only problem I have had with LAWL so far is the gas. Seriously, I could have used a warning. What's the deal with that? I'm going to have to start taking Gas X or something.

JLem311
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi to everyone,
All the talk of sweets led me to a Smores Luna Bar. I love Luna's, they are the only reason I haven't cheated with a Snickers. Hard to get it through my head that I can really have them on this plan.

So this is my husbands 2nd week and he has lost 10 lbs. Not even really sticking completely to it but still losing. I'm so jealous!!

I have not weighed since last week so dunno about me. The only problem I have had with LAWL so far is the gas. Seriously, I could have used a warning. What's the deal with that? I'm going to have to start taking Gas X or something.

i love the Special K Protein Meal bars in Double Chocolate. totally tastes like a candy bar!!

mj2007
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey all

Arkantana- you might want to take a look at your food choices. Legumes/beans i can cause gas formation for certain people.Also, are you drinking enough water?

Surprisingly, 99% of people I have met so far who have weight issues have a sweet tooth.I would say sugar is more responsible for weight gain than fat TOM makes my sweet craving worst.Last night I had 2 squares of Hershey's Dark chocolate with my tea.I am tired of the Luna bars and thinking of switching to Zone Bars for Take-off days.

Anyone tried Zone Bars?

JLem311
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey all

Arkantana- you might want to take a look at your food choices. Legumes/beans i can cause gas formation for certain people.Also, are you drinking enough water?

Surprisingly, 99% of people I have met so far who have weight issues have a sweet tooth.I would say sugar is more responsible for weight gain than fat TOM makes my sweet craving worst.Last night I had 2 squares of Hershey's Dark chocolate with my tea.I am tired of the Luna bars and thinking of switching to Zone Bars for Take-off days.

Anyone tried Zone Bars?

i've tried zone bars before and they're pretty good. i just like the special K ones the better for taste and fiber content. some of the zone bars have higher calories too.

Christina2629
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello All,

I was hoping to be able to join your conversations on LA weight loss. I did it about 4-5 years ago and was sucessful but have unfortuanlly gained the weight back and have recently decided to start the program up again hte begining of this year. I have already lost 11 pounds! I was super excited when I found this site because it is great to have support with others who are on the same weight loss program. I hope to be able to talk to you all more.

thanks, Christina

Kimphin
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Mama Nicole: sweets suck....hang in there girls

Hi to everyone,

Forget sweets, men suck!

DH gave up beer, during the week only, and lost 10 lbs. I always say I could give up EATING, and gain weight.

Christina2629
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
I am also using the Luna bars. I have tried the zone bars and they were good but they do have more calories but also bore fiber and protein in most.

Kimphin
02-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Welcome Christina!

Which reminds me, where's Kristen? Was she moving this soon?

Joni135
02-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi ladies....hey, did Dan disappear???
I got a big $3.40 check from the folks at Slim Fast as a result of their recall....made me think I should try Slim Fasting for a week to see what happens...? Lately, I just feel lazy about cooking...and work is busy and I don't want to think....Has anyone ever done the true Slim Fast program where you eat two shake meals and one real meal?? I should try it and post my results...sort of like Nicole posts her results after a 30 day shred event.

I need to go to bed..............spinning in the early morning!

Joni135
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Oh Kimphin - I like your LOVELY ticker...how valentiney!

Kimphin
02-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I will like it better when the slider moves over.

Christina - I am still doing the colored plans, so I don't really have a handle of the rapid results stuff.

Christina2629
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I think I am going to do the colored plans too because I feel more comfortable with them and they are what I used before to lose weight.

How many posts do you need before you can do a ticker?

Hoochie
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Yup...I am actually off to buy some luna bars myself today. They sell them at Shoppers Drug Mart. They are hard to find in Canada unless you order them over the Internet.
Anyone watch TBL last night. I was so sad to see John go home but wow has he ever done well on his own. The show always gives me a little boost of inspiration. I actually only need to lose 15 more pounds which sounds easy but its just not getting done.
My goal is 2 pounds this week. I think I am going to start my 30 day shredd again. My husband said he would do it with me so it sounds like a plan!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan

JLem311
02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
hello all. just wanted to check in and say hi and see how everyone's doing.

i was down another pound when i got on the scale today. i'm pretty happy since i usually get stuck on one number for quite a long time. :)

anyways, i hope everyone is journaling and EXERCISING!!

Arkantana
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Joan, I watched TBL last night and it was sad. Oh and the attitude form the mom and daughter that lost...Please really? On television and everyone is watching?? They should have made the daughter stay.

marzbe
02-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Managed to have a good day 1 back on plan. I'm aiming to drop 4 inches off the waist in the next 6 weeks. Bye-bye complacent me.

Christina I'm back on the colored plan, I stabalized and maintained from
that, easiest thing to do for me. It's just breaking the starch habit all over again that's going to kill me.

As for TBL, I liked serene Bob better than this Bob. But then again I easily could've been a heavier contestant the first two seasons.:o

green0923
02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi, all. It's been a CRAZY week. ugh. But I have been doing a good job overall. We ate out a couple times in the past couple weeks -- I made good choices, kept drinking water, and recovered just fine. But I have officially hit the slower weight loss zone. I can't complain, I was losing at warp speed for the first few weeks.

I'll try to read posts and update folks later.

Happy Thursday!

L R K
02-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Everyone!

So I have lost 2lbs this week! Yay :)

I am really loving these Luna bars! I didn't realize how much I missed the LA lites until I started eating these. I really just don't feel like eating anything sweet anymore because I eat one of these a day. Crazy stuff! But I am hoping that it will be enough to help me stick to my plan in the long run.

You know what else I missed about the LAWL plans?? The amount of food I can manage and am allowed to eat! I am never hungry anymore, so I don't feel the need to snack. When I stopped LA and tried to the calorie counting thing I found that I was never satisfied but now that I am back on LA am I truly happy with my weekly eating plan.

Yay for LAWL :dance:

Kimphin
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Lauren - I always struggled with calorie counting too - for me it is much easier to follow LAWL so that I get the proper variety in.

I started class last night, so no gym. Boo hoo - it's one of my favorite workouts too. If I could get it together, I could go in the AM - but I am sooo not a morning person, and taking a shower/getting ready for work at the gym doesn't thrill me. So, I am thinking of getting EA Active for the Wii and doing that. I still wouldn't be all that perky about getting up early, but at least I'll be in my own home!

Class this semester is weird - I'm the only one at my location! (Distance learning) my cohort dropped it, so I sit there all alone, LOL. I hope the prof doesn't want me to work in a group, ha ha. Eh, hopefully this time next year I will be almost done - until I go for PhD - NOT!

Hoochie
02-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Kim- I totally know how you feel as I am not a morning person either, like not at all and yet that would be the best time for me to work out. I get out of bed every morning at 6:30 to get ready for work. If I could get up at 6am and even just walk on my treadmill for 25-30 minutes, it would be awesome!
Well I am meeting a friend for coffee in an hour. She has lost 60 pounds doing Atkins. She looks just amazing!
Okay I should run, have a great day!

Joan

Christina2629
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Happy Friday!!

So, I am on my second day of take off and I feel super. I cheated and weighed myself this morning and have lost another 1.5lbs. I'm looking forward to the weekend even though I have a ton of homework but I know it will pay off in the end.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!:D

Arkantana
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
So glad it's Friday. Date night tonight with DH. We are watching With Love From Paris and going to my fav Mexican restr. It's that woman time for me so no weighing this week but I have walked the treadmill and stuck to the plan well, just probably not tonight so much.

Hope everyone is doing well and congrats on all the lbs lost this week.

Jennifer

JLem311
02-06-2010, 09:19 AM
just wanted to stop in quick and say hi and report that i'm down another pound. :) hope everyone has a great weekend!

Joni135
02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Just a fly by to say hi...Saturday and I worked most of the day, but it was gloomy in Atlanta so it wasn't too bad. I made some awesome soup--yummy...and it's gonna last me all week!

Jillian - great on the weight loss...Kimphin - "MOVE THAT TICKER"

I'm still making excuses and the scale isn't budging...oh well................I'll be sure and let you know when it does!

Just did my taxes online (I use TaxAct and LOVE the program). My refund is going to partially pay for some new windows I'm getting in my house....not too exciting but I hope the new windows provide some relief to my ever increasing utility bills.....

MrsSassy
02-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Ahhh .... kids were sick alllll week! They are going back to school today TG! I need my routine back. I only lost one pound this past week. I only have four weeks to florida. I refuse to buy fat clothes. SO if I don't loose it, I"ll be wearing corduroys in florida! HAHA

Amy .... so sorry for your loss.
Christina... Welcome :o)