Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default BLUE Team WOSC Chat Week 5 (Feb.1-7th)

Morning Ladies!! I am so ready for a NEW week! We are down to 48 team members this week ... so lets kick it in to gear...
Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #2  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Just got back from a seriously tough workout!

No distractions this week so I'm completely determined to succeed! New month, new motivation!
I have also decided to set myself some mini-goals so I can stay focused as I sometimes find it hard to always think long-term.

Last edited by dayoneagain; 02-01-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #3  

LADIES.. We won the weigh in!!!! I thought that we were handing it to the Red Team this week with over a 20 pound decrease in pounds lost from previous weeks.. but we DID IT!! So proud of us!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

We did lose a few more members this week. As always, even if you have been eliminated for eligibility for the Biggest Loser Title, you are still more than welcome to continue to participate in the chat, exercise challenges & nutritional journal threads. If you would like me to continue to track your weigh ins unofficially, just send me a PM, and I'll reinstate your weigh in post.

angee phalangee
flagirlintx
Diva

The following members have used both freebies, and so are in danger of elimination if they miss another weigh in. Be sure to post your weigh in before 9pm (Est.) on Sundays. We don't want to lose you!

miradoblackwarrior
shcirerf
LBLAZY
MiniGeekGirl
lisaloony
Phenomenal Woman
chinacat
innerthinchick
sgregg
Erika Viking
jazzang

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 02-01-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good Afternoon Blue Losers. Congratulations to our Biggest Loser Nixmom who not only was our BL but the overall BL. WTG, Nixmom. aphimira, Bigmid and Gracie. The winners on both teams lost great amounts, I thought, for the 4th week.

Dayoneagain, I think mini goals are the way to go. I'm very goal oriented and I'm always setting goals and working towards them.

Angela, how are you feeling today, my girl? Much better, I hope. I must say you are so very prompt getting the stats posted. I'm impressed with your organizational skills.

I had another fine walk this morning although it was so cold but fortunately no wind early when I walked. I made good time walking on the snow and was pleased with the workout. Of course, I was dressed for the weather which makes a lot of difference in one's comfort level in the winter. It's so nice and sunny out now it's hard to believe it's so cold, hahaha.

Anyhoo, I'm gone to daydream of warmer days and food. (I'm always thinking of food. )
Old 02-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Great job blue team!

Everyone is doing so well. If you had a gain this week, be thankful it's a new week. Don't beat yourself up. Don't feel guilty. Get rid of the negative thoughts and make THIS week YOUR week! There's no better time than now!
Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #7  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Great job blue team!

Everyone is doing so well. If you had a gain this week, be thankful it's a new week. Don't beat yourself up. Don't feel guilty. Get rid of the negative thoughts and make THIS week YOUR week! There's no better time than now!
Great attitude babygrant, it inspired me to go to the gym
Old 02-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #8  

Congratulations to our biggest loser Nixmom WTG!!!! and to our runner ups aphimira and Gracie789 great losses for you as well

Angela - I hope you are starting to feel better it just sucks being sick. Thank you for being so efficient with all the updates it nice to see them so quickly.

dayoneagain - glad to hear you had a great workout they always make you feel better. I think it's great to set mini goals they always seem more attainable and you don't get overwhelmed.

retiredone - glad you had a good walk

mercy03 - have a great work out

I made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning to see if my loss was real or even down more. There is a reason I only weigh myself once a week. I had pretzles last night so that may have done it. I got excited last week and went on the scale everyday for 4 day and lost almost a pound a day. I need to stop that and just do it sunday mornings like normal. I can see I would let it rule my life. I am going to do my workout tonight and then a friend is coming over in the morning and we will workout together (always more fun) then going downtown to donate blood. I have been staying OP and feeling really good about that. I also love that this is not only a new month but it's Monday and the 1st. I don't know why but I love refocusing on Mondays and even better when it's the 1st. Weird I know but what can you do

Well have a great day everyone I am so proud of the whole Blue Team
Old 02-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
I made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning to see if my loss was real or even down more.
Me too! I had popcorn last night....then 100 calorie pack that is so salty...but ohhhh sooooo good. I have been taking part in the 20-something weight yourself everyday club. Yesterday I was 202.2 lbs and today I am 204.6! ACK! LOL. Is it really possible to gain 2.4 lbs in 24 hours?!?! I don't let it get me down though, and I love weighing every day.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #10  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Bigmid - I love the motivation that comes with Monday 1st too It's so silly, but it always makes me feel rejuvenated.

Babygrant - The reason I (try to) only weigh myself once a week at the same time is because my weight fluctuates so much day-to-day. It would be impossible to know how I'm doing if I weighed everyday, because so many variables affect the scale in the very short term - most of which are not weight gain or loss!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #11  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

wow we won!! despite my 2lb gain! phew!! i'm so happy we won. WELL DONE ALL THOSE that lost weight, you girls totally ROCK!

i love what babygrant wrote too i for one am planning on kicking this week into high gear so that i can contribute to weight loss for our team! for week 5 weigh in this sunday

will catch up on personals later. i'm knackered

Last edited by Echo; 02-01-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #12  

Echo, hope you don't mind, but I stole your idea of logging your daily weighs at the bottom of your nutritional journal. I was recording my daily weights in the 20-something daily weigh in, but was having to flip between screens to see any correlation between my daily intake and my weight the next morning, so it's easier that way!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #13  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue girls
After catching up on all the posts since I was last here, I had mixed emotions. I was sorry to hear so many were struggling and that some had gains, but I felt better because I too have a full pound gain this week, so I didn't feel like the lone letdown, you know? I have been comfort-food-eating, stuffing my grief, which of course, logically, I know is not going to help the "problem". I know to accept that I am grieiving and its okay, but old habits die hard. I am reading a really good book, that for some unknown reason - I bought months before Seth died. It's called The Heartache No One Sees by Sheila Walsh. It is like she is sitting right with me and talking directly to my issues. I'd recommend for any grieving person, and I have to believe God directed me to buy it when I did, because I had no problems before this . . . no heartache anyway.
I'm not sure if I'm subconsciously doing what Diva said, adding stress by being in this challenge . . . could be. But I'm willing to keep it a part of my goals for now. Maybe it is too ambitious at this time in my life, but if I could make some progress . . . I know it would boost my spirits. Just like, we will be paying off our mortgage this year, but it will be a bittersweet reward because it will coincide with the 1 year death date, but I'm not going to set that goal aside, so I press on. Life is never boring.

On to personals:

Michelle/thinner - Thank you for your continued prayers for me. As my Avatar poem says
That in reaching out and healing
with some help from up above
I can’t but help but feeling

your collective, heart-felt love.

Michelle, also - which shoes were yours, two people talked of shoes. Were yours the sketchers or the kmart therashoes? Sound like a good addition to your workout so I may try them if I can find em.

Selina - So glad your dad is in the hospital, you must have made an impression with the life and death talks. Praying he will improve. Thanks for your compliment on my poem, too. And as someone else said, sure, we'll be happy for you to reach 189 for a new pic, but the one you have is just beautiful.

Diva - definitely sorry to see you go, but like i said above, maybe I'm doing like you, adding stress by doing this challenge. Pop in and let us know if it helps for real to not be so weight focused. I'm just not thinking all the way clear right now and would love your input on this.

Nella - I have so much to say about custody battles. Only I was the real mom battling with my ex and his new wife. They were good people, but my personal belief, which came out in your description, is that my ex, though remarried, was still trying to either keep me in touch with him or to hurt me for daring to leave him. Either way, the kids suffer, And as for me, I felt so heartbroken when he was given primary custody, it was as if all my (then three of them) boys had died. I cried and moped around for weeks. All this resurfaced at Seth's memorial service incredibly. I thought all was healed, I came bearing gifts to console and heal, and was given (metaphoric) gutt punches more than once. So I do indeed understand this is more than drama, it is anguish. Sorry you have to deal with a mother who doesn't know if she wants her kids or not. Hang in there and just love those kids.

Angela - you poor dear, you sound so sick and still you worry about us. You are a wonderful leader, but we need you to get well so don't worry about the "extras", we'll be fine. We need you well. Love and prayers for you dear one.

Mageorge - that pumpkin pie recipe sounds great, especially with babygrant's suggestion of muffin tins. Thanks for sharing it.

Babygrant - wow 10 pounds and almost to onederland. You MUST be doing something right. So very proud of you. And if I didn't thank you before, I'd like to do so now for saying my poetry was beautiful, it means a lot to me.

Smith1313/Susan - so sorry you're up, but you can take a little consolation in that you make me feel great!!! Not that I relish your failure, it just makes mine not look quite so bad. Let's pull up our bootstraps and get back in there, eh?

Catsgetnhealthy/Cathy - I like Leslie Sansone too, so tell me about the new DVD, what do you like or not like about it. I will likely try it if it sounds good. Thanks in advance for sharing your opinion.

Ars - Except for babygrant, you're one of the few of us who is actually losing!!!! Even if its only .4, you're way ahead of me, and so you're likely way ahead of many on the Red team too! So there!!!

Sunni - What a bummer of a boss! Lets you work your rear off, then, as you say, throws you under the bus. Duh! It seems he's trying to keep you for himself, he'll probably be lost without all your help. Good luck in getting over this hump.

Echo - Dear sweet Echo, so good to see you here. Thank you so much for your personal attention and for asking after me, you are too too sweet. I'm sure you will do just fine in your driving test. If anyone deserves to advance, its you. Sounds like you had a pretty good time with your friends, but like me, it lead to weight gain, but as retiredone said, its temporary. We can overcome, especially with our good hearted effort. Thanks again for caring.

I know I didn't get everyone, sometimes I read and I'm not really there, you know? I'm still not fully "me". Still dazed and confused at times, in disbelief, sorrow, like being underwater pushing toward the surface . . . I can see the light, and though I'm aiming toward it, sometimes it seems so far away. Thank you all for keeping the light in view. I'll come up for air soon. Love you guys.

Dora

Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #14  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Congrats blue team! Congrats Nixmom on being the BL this week! Great job ladies!

I am out of the funk that ruled my outlook last week. I am just going to continue to do what I am doing (now using calorie zig zagging as I think I have really been way too calorie restrictive on my high activity work days...burning 3500 calories but only eating 1200 just isn't good). I have slowly started adding back in some of the full fat foods (butter, olive oil, cheese) and carbohydrates (whole grain breads, tortillas, crackers) I had cut out of my diet....in moderation of course! Anyway, I'm feeling much less animosity toward the scale...if it moves, it moves, if it doesn't, there is always another day.

@babygrant - I love your first post in this new thread! Thank you for that! You're doing fantastic, I am so pulling for you to get to onederland!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #15  

Dora, I'm so very sorry about what you are going through. Did your son have any particular physical activities that he enjoyed that you could start participating in? Maybe just knowing that you are doing something he enjoyed so much, it would cause a bit of peace in that moment. And just remember, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. Don't let anyone tell how you should or shouldn't feel. You've been through a lot and I'm sure the pain will fade a little bit as time goes on but the love for your son will be there forever. A million 's to you. I think about you every day!