Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Core Chat: Feb. 1-Feb. 7

View Full Version : Weekly Core Chat: Feb. 1-Feb. 7

Tejas
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
:carrot:

New Pages!

blessedwithsarah
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Happy Monday and Happy FEBRUARY everyone! Wow, one month down already. Right back into month end at work. Never got back to post over the weekend. I did end up having to swim with the girls on Saturday -- it was fun. Since I needed to be in with them (they can't swim the length of the pool without a swim board or noodle), I had them going up and down the length of the pool -- I got a good workout kicking. They were beat after an hour. I did get back to the Y yesterday after church, then got dd to skating in the afternoon, then back to church to drop off snacks for the evening class. Did I mention I'm on the hospitality committee for the Sunday class they are running for 15 weeks? Next Sunday we have to do a dinner - originally we were told there would be 75, now its more like 40-50. The church is paying for the food and we are asking the attendees to bring salads, rolls and desserts.

Vickie - so sorry to hear about your GFs sister. I have a freind at work that has been in the hospital since right after Christmas with stage 4 lung cancer. She has always been a smoker -- things are not good with her at all. Very sad.

Nancy - driving on ice.....so glad that is far away for me!

Angela -- good luck at the Drs today. And congrats on sugar free!

Sandra - glad your hip is feeling better. Who would have thought a massage would fix it! I guess thats why there is theraputic massage, althought I always just figured it was mental therapy :)

Slaon- is the walking video on Comcast on demand? I wonder if we have it as well -- I'm sure it all the same comcast.

Well, I'm actually at work and need to get moving. BBL

ontarget
02-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Good morning. I'm over at the granddaughters waiting on them to wake up. We're going to see "Tooth Fairy" today. The girls are out of school due to UIL competitions. I can't figure out how to turn on their satellite TV--too many remotes. :lol: But I am able to use the computer, so I'm properly entertained.

Paula, I'll bet you got a good workout in the pool. What are ya'll going to cook for the Sunday class? Down here it would probably be BBQ or spaghetti.

I'm surprised not many are here yet this AM. Rhonda, thank you for the new pages, but where are you? I'm guessing you're working out. I am so proud of your dedication and accomplishments. You have definitely heard the click.

My body is still sore from the adjustments. I shot a few arrows last night so I can do that. Thank goodness as we have a state championship this weekend.

Guess I'll go do some surfing. Have a Magnificent Monday, Chickies.

sloanie
02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Happy Monday everyone! We still have a lot of snow, but the high is supposed to be 46 later on today, so we should have some melting. Unless the roads freeze overnight, we will probably be back in school tomorrow. I did another walking video this morning then tackled the dishes and a huge pile of mail. I still may strip some wallpaper today after I get my lesson done for Bible study tonight.

Sandra, have a good day with the girls. Sounds like a great time!

Paula, the exercise video is On Demand. If you go to On Demand, then choose "Sports & Fitness", there are loads of choices. I have been doing the walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. They are easy, but at least I am moving. I may try some of the yoga videos as well. Let me know if you try some.

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

aghiowa
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi all! My dr appt went very well! I have only gained 3 1/2 pounds in the last month, which is just on target, and is all baby gaining and not me. :cheer: My doctor was pleased, and so am I. I will endeavor to keep up the good work.

One bad thing is that I'm getting a pretty significant amount of swelling in my feet and ankles, which I didn't have with any of the girls. My varicose veins are really hurting too. I need to be wearing my compression hose every single day, but some days I just can't face them. Doctor also told me to spend at least 20 minutes in the middle of the day lying down or at least with my feet above heart level. Sigh. I don't like enforced rest. Could be worse though!

Vickie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and her sister during this time. I just found out a friend from church who I've known all my life has terminal cancer and is not expected to live more than 3-5 months.

I'm going to go be good and put my feet up now.

Angela

Tejas
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, Angela, get those feet up, up, up! Great news about the weight.

I was running late this morning so I didn't write. I did weight training, some extra exercises, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and aquafit. Then, I met with the other trainer I think I mentioned. She runs a bootcamp, and she trains members of the Secret Service :yikes:

I don't think I ever seen a woman with a body like hers. She is not a body builder, but there is not an ounce of fat on her that I can see. She can't be more than 4 1/2 feet tall and reminds me of a bull dog! So, long story short: I'm going to start working with her too, beginning Wednesday. I'm going back packing in late April and she is going to design a plan for me to get me in shape. (DH isn't going; he doesn't walk anywhere ! But, he has lost 3 pounds this week!)

Sandra, I can't operate our TV. It's ridiculous, you have to be male or under 5years old to figure these things out! What happened to knobs and just 3 channels?

Paula, good luck with the cooking! As Sandra asked, what's for dinner?

Rhonda

beach bum
02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Ladies

The temps are getting warmer [HEAT WAVE] as its 28%,so I guess I'll head out and get a new gas cap for my car and than go grocery shopping. Than this afternoon I will call my Accountant for an appointment to have my taxes done. I waiting for the 1040 or 1090 form. I thought by law that these forms are supposed to be delivered before 1/31???? Well now the car cap didn't work so now I have to take my car into the Toyota dealer and have it fixed.Hope it not an engine job as they are very expensive.

Oh I got on the scale and I maintained at 172.and we have one more week to finish the challenge, don't think I will have a 4 lb loss by next week. Oh!! just have to try harder in Feb.

Didn't get anything done today was on the phone for 2 hrs and than my DD was on Skype's for a while.Now I have double the work to get done tomorrow.

PAULA-I can't believe that Feb is here, and Jan is gone. and its going to be 4 months tomorrow that I lost my Leo,but on the bright side Spring will be here shortly.

SANDRA-The tooth fairy looks like a funny movies.Maybe one of my friends will go with me to see it.I just saw my DGC via skype's but than they were too busy watching TV to speak to Grandma.Had a busy morning,trying to find out whats happening to my car,read above. Yikes!! When it pours it really pours.

SLOAN-Looks like you had a busy morning also.To bad the weather is not cooperating,TG we didn't get the snow here just the cold temps over this weekend.

ANGELA-Congrats on your pregnancy and 3 1/2 lbs is not bad at all.I gained lots many many moons ago,but than they didn't know what they know today.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up today,I have been lacking in any kind of exercising its no wonder why I maintained this week but it could have been a gain.so I'm happy it turned out ok.

Going to start supper have a nice evening

ontarget
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
We didn't get to see the movie. The posted time was incorrect. Instead we went to McDonald's and the girls played on the playground.

Rhonda, where are you going packing? It amazes me how active you are. Tell Doyle congratulations on losing those 3 pounds.

Maryann, the last of our paperwork arrived today so we'll be getting our taxes in order soon.

Angela, did you get those tootsies up today? You do what the doctor says. We want you and baby healthy.

Sloan, I'm subbing 6th grade reading tomorrow. Should be fun. That will be all my subbing this week due to massage and tournament.

aghiowa
02-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Sandra, yes, I put my feet up for about an hour this afternoon. I rested my eyes at the same time too! :lol: I actually laid on the couch and put my feet up on a beanbag at the end of the couch, so my feet were good and high. And they did feel better afterwards, I do have to admit. And tomorrow I will wear my dreaded compression hose.

This is just all motivation to lose the weight after baby boy is born!

Angela

Tejas
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Ok, I went to spinning class this evening, taught by Angie, the trainer I consulted. I made it through the whole hour, even though classes in Toronto were only 45 minutes. I'll be in the hot tub very soon, and then to bed.

Next Monday I'm having a consultation at my home with a landscape architect who is a bird expert. He is going to tell me what to do in my yard to attract more birds. Sandra, it's the guy who writes that newsletter I sent you. I'll pass on what he says,but you know a lot already. I'm really excited about that. I never took the time in Toronto to really learn about the birds, nor did I feed them. Now, I have the time to both learn and feed!

We're going to the rodeo tomorrow, did I tell you? I think I might have. It should be fun to see the cowboys kicked around a little. (I know, I know, it's almost a blood sport, but I admit to enjoying it!)

I've been really good on the eating today, and I'm taking 1/2 glass of wine to the hot tub. Oh, DH tells me it was almost 4 pounds, not just 3. Good for him!

Rhonda

sloanie
02-01-2010, 11:14 PM
School's out again tomorrow! We still have lots of snow on our driveway. DH has helped the kids get their vehicles to the bottom, and we have our brother in law's 4WD four wheeler to go up and down. They will all be gone to work/college classes tomorrow, so I'm on my own. I plan on doing some food prep tomorrow so DD and I have core stuff to eat. I also plan to do some exercise. I'm still procrastinating on that wallpaper, though.

Have a cozy evening and sleep well, y'all!!!

Tejas
02-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Sloan, I've got wallpaper to get rid of and replace also. The colors in this house don't suit me at all.

Sandra, I'm meeting friends I knew in high school and we're going to Guadalupe National Park, on the border of NM and Texas...near Carlsbad. I used to be very active, hiking, backpacking, camping, etc with my husband who died in 1986. Since then, I haven't done much. This will be trial by fire!

I'm having steel cut oats and a banana for breakfast...yummy.

Rhonda

sloanie
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Rhonda, I had oats, too. Mine were not steele cut, but I do like them. I removed some of the wall paper, but just the top came off, so now I have to use spray to get the backing to loosen. I should do that today, but I may not be able to convince myself to get started :D

Things are melting around here, but there is still a lot of snow on the ground. The jury is still out about school tomorrow.

I'll check in later. Have a great day, y'all :flow2:

beach bum
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Today is GROUND HOG DAY and he saw his shadow so its going to be 6 more weeks until winter.

Have a date with the washer & dryer today,but that's ok Now that I only have to wash my clothes its every other week so I can't complain.

Was on the phone with one of my friends for 2 hrs.Could not believe the time when I got off. Going to look forward to my phone bill when it comes in.

Have to go to Toyota dealer tomorrow as the engine light came on again even when I changed the gas cap.Have to have a computer reading done on the engine and see what wrong. I'm afraid of the out come,And the strange thing about it I had the car check out in Nov.having a oil change along with a oil filter and had it winterized. Hope it nothing.

SANDRA-Sorry that you didn't get to the movies,that terrible when you were looking forward to seeing it.Hope the paper work come in my next Wednesday that when I have an appointment with HR Block.

ANGELA-Sorry I missed you post about the the birth of your baby boy.I guess I was all consumed in my own life,I didn't know. Happy that you lost 3 lbs.

RHONDA-Have a great time at the rodeo,I've never been to one only saw them on TV. Congrats to you DH losing 4 lbs,but than again men lose more than woman,you're doing great will all you exercise you look great.

SLOAN-Can't believe all the snow that you had, saw the report on the weather channel.

Have a great morning will try to get back later

nancy237
02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Maryann.... I think Angela was just saying she gained 3 1/2 pounds this month and it was all baby. She hasn't delivered yet unless I missed something...

Hope your car needs something minor & cheap LOL
It isn't one that they recalled is it???

Our town has its own famous groundhog named Sir Walter Wally and he did
not see his shadow today so I hope he is right...

Paula... What dinner entree are you doing for the church dinner??

Sandra..Lucky girls that get to spend a day with Grandma!!

Sloan..You get so much done in a day...Getting old Wallpaper off is a job isn't
it ? When we moved into this money pit house our painter painted over
the bathroom wallpaper. Now I need to get paint & paper off...

Angela...Good for you for eating so healthy for you & baby... Do you like to read?? If you look forward to the book you might put those feet up more.
(of course napping is even better!)

Rhonda..You make me look forward to retirement..I want to work on photographing birds one day.... Do you have hummingbirds?? If so try to plant something they like too..

At my last house my neighbors and I competed on who could bride the birds
with the best gourmet food.. We would spy & get the bird store clerk to help us "one up" the neighbor...If was a fun joke in the neighborhood.
The rodeo sounds fun..You are so funny
about the " blood sport " We have one near us I have always wanted to see.

aghiowa
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, no baby yet...he's due in April. I'm not ready for him yet!! :lol:

It snowed again last night...I'm getting a little tired of all this white stuff...I'm ready for some green.

Time to put the groceries away.

Angela

sloanie
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
NO SCHOOL again tomorrow!! At least the snow on our drive melted enough for us to drive up and down. I was not as productive as I had planned. I did get the utensil drawer in the kitchen cleaned and reorganized. DH had an accident with the coffee this morning and coffee filled the drawer, so I didn't have much choice. I guess tomorrow the wallpaper will be job #1. I also wanted to re-organize the laundry room, but that may have to wait.

Maryann, the phone bill might be high, but you can't put a price on friendship. Also, good luck with the car :wizard:

Nancy, stripping painted wallpaper does not sound like fun. Maybe you could use one of those tools that pierce the paper then use diluted fabric softener to loosen the paper. If I were you, I think I would procrastinate and hope the future buyer does not notice :yes:

Angela, how are those feet today?

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!

Tejas
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Do you think that Alligator meat is Core? I hope so, I had some today at the rodeo and livestock show. It was a sausage, so it was high fat, but I didn't eat the whole thing. I just had to try it. So, in the last few weeks I've had rabbit, snake and alligator. Next thing you know I'll be eating the heads off of live chickens. I know they're Core!

The rodeo was fun. The bulls and the broncos won!

Nancy, I haven't seen any hummingbirds. Sandra's got them all in her yard. But, I'm going to get some of them to come here. At least, that's my plan.

Maryann, good luck with the car. DH and I spent a small fortune keeping one going that we should have gotten rid of, and eventually we did.

I've got a 7AM appointment with Torture Todd tomorrow. Then DH and I are going to meet his daughter and grands and go on a big adventure to Ikea.

Have a great night.

nancy237
02-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Torture Todd:rofl:

beach bum
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Its Wednesday and I had to take the garage and the car clear off with the snow that fell last night and now this morning. Hope it stops as I have an appointment with the Toyota dealer this afternoon.

Last night I decided to buy the Camel wing & sofa slipcovers, its going to shipped to the store and if I don't like what I see I can cancel them on the spot.Other wise nothing new.

NANCY-Thanks I wasn't sure,as I haven't been on the board that often.The year of the cars being recalled are the 2007 mine is a 2002

SLOAN-I should have used my cell phone as I have 732 anytime and over 900 roll over.Thanks for the little wizard hope he bring me luck.

RHONDA-You ate Alligator Meat.Now I heard of everything,and don't tell me it taste like chicken:D Like to keep this car as it a very comfortable and affordable car to take care of. Funny thing I just had it winterized along with a oil change and filter done this Nov'09,so hopefully it should be something miner.

Have a nice morning,I'll be back later.

aghiowa
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! Hee hee, Rhonda, do you call him Torture Todd to his face?

Sloanie, I kind of like that kind of cleaning...where you're FORCED to do something you wouldn't normally do that often - like cleaning out a silverware drawer. :) I was just looking at mine the other day and thinking it could use a good clean. Guess I have to get the kids to spill some milk in there or something. :lol:

Alligator meat eh? Now I'm curious...DID it taste like chicken?

My feet are fine. The compression hose really do help, even if it feels like it takes most of my day's energy to get them on in the morning.

I tried some sugar-free candy yesterday. Blech. I think I'll stick to fruit for my sweet tooth.

Angela

blessedwithsarah
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi everyone. Not much exciting going on here. I'm having a good week on plan. I've been sticking to my exercise routine, but not sure if I'll be able to go this weekend. I have a cyst being removed from the back of my leg tomorrow -- just an in the office thing, but I'll have stiches. Hopefully I'll be able to do the treadmill at least. So, I took off from work tomorrow and will be working from home on Friday.

The church dinner is now for 50-60. I'm making 3 large pans of baked ziti. There will also be sausage, peppers and onion; baked chicken; rice pilaf; corn; rolls; salads and desserts. Its going to be a busy Sunday. The dinner is from 5-6, before the class. We also need to have the break snacks for the class as well. We decided thats when it will be dessert. I just hope there is enough food. I was told how much I need to make - we figured each pan would give 24 servings.

Rhonda I would think alagator meat is core -- its a lean meat. Never had that, I've had moose, venison and bear.

Have a good day everyone!

ontarget
02-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Sounds like everyone is busy. We are, too. I went for another massage this AM. Next week I'm getting one on my feet only; however, I may add my hands to the mix. I'm feeling wonderful!

Sloan, will you have to makeup all those days missed, or will the state excuse part of them? Sounds like you're getting quite a bit done even if you did take some time off. That's funny about dh doing a coffee number on the drawer. Sometimes it takes a little nudge to get us going, doesn't it?

Rhonda, "Torture Todd"? Does he know about the other trainer yet? He may really really put you through some paces when he finds out about her. (Just kidding) Hmmmmmmmm........what about armadillo? (me neither)

Angela and Maryann, I think alligator tastes more like beef than chicken. I had some at Pappadeaux's recently. I like it fried more than grilled--but I like everything fried. Maybe that's why I'm as large as I am.

Paula, I've had moose, venison, and bear, too. Moose was my favorite. How about you?

Our excitement is building. Texas State Indoor Championship is this weekend. Life is good.

sloanie
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
You chicks won't believe what happened last night as a follow up to the "coffee flood". DS was helping me by cutting back some shelving in my laundry room so I could open the door to a cabinet that DH hung this summer, and the shelf fell. It was about 6 feet long and was loaded. On the way down, it broke the small shelf that was over the washer holding my laundry soap. I'm sure you can guess what I've been doing today. I took everything out and I painted and started papering a couple of the walls in the laundry room. I had to move the washer by myself, and boy was it heavy! This weekend, I will move the dryer and upright freezer to paper and paint behind them. I will also make a new curtain and buy a free standing shelf to replace the storage space that was provided by the shelf that fell. Right now I am so tired, I can hardly move.

Sandra, we have 13 snow days in our calendar that don't have to be made up. So far, I think we have used 7 or 8. I'm glad your massages are helping. How much do you and Curtis train before a competition?

Paula, hope everything goes well with your leg. Let us know how it goes.

Maryann, I was thinking about your cell when you mentioned how long you talked. I'm glad you thought of it, so next time you can use it instead.

Angela, I'm glad your legs are better. Do you put the stockings on before you get up? If you do that, your legs will be at their smallest and it may be easier.

I hope you are all having a great evening. I'll try to check in later if I have not passed out!

nancy237
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Sloan...

You have been busy cleaning up messes...
I hate that when I have cleaning to do and end up cleaning up an extra mess.

Just found out that my son got accepted in the college that was his first
choice . School has always been a challenge for him with his ADD so it is
very exciting for him to get accepted where he really wants to go.

Tejas
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi Everybody:

Well, unlike Sandra, I did think that alligator tasted like chicken, and it was very sweet. Nope, I've never had armadillo. Let's see, in addition to the usual beef, poultry, fish and pork, I've had: snake, rabbit, alligator, venison, buffalo and bear. I've also eaten "rocky mountain oysters" (ahem) and adrenal glands (I've forgotten the fancy name). I've never eaten grasshoppers, but my great niece tells me that she is a member of the "I eat bugs" club. She's all of 5 years old.

Torture Todd: I told him that I call him that behind his back. He puffed up and said "Well, I'm proud of that!" When he told me today that his forearms were hurting from his workout, I said "Don't whine to me about it!" and laughed. He said he deserved that reply. No, he doesn't know about the other trainer, but I think he'd be proud of me for doing more.

Sloan, what adventures you are having. I wouldn't want to be cleaning all those messes. But, at least it will all be done.

Nancy, that is great news about your son. Congrats!

Paula! That's a lot of cooking. I hope you don't have to stand up much.

I'm off to evening aquafit...I survived Ikea, barely!

Rhonda

ontarget
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Sloan, I'll bet you're ready for an uneventful day. You're getting a lot of deep cleaning done. I really really need to get motivated to do the same; however, here I sit. Hmmmmmmmm......how long do we train before a competition? That varies. We try not to overtrain and to keep it fun. Today I've popped a few balloons and shot a few ends at 20 yds, plus a few at 10. I have probably shot for about an hour total. Curtis and I alternate so we're not shooting continually. We shoot 3 arrows at a time each.

Nancy, :encore: for ds for getting in to the college of his choice.

Rhonda, I really thought Todd would be proud of you. You've really eaten a lot of different foods. I haven't eaten armadillo either. I was really kidding about that. That's cute about your great niece eating bugs. :lol:

sloanie
02-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Sandra, I am really looking forward to an uneventful day. We are back to school tomorrow, so it could go either way. One thing that might be a problem is that we will only be there two days before the weekend. I foresee some resistance to work, and quite frankly, I hate to start any kind of complicated lesson then only have two days before the weekend to work on it.

All this talk about eating unusual meats has made me think about the unusual types of meat that I have eaten. I'm not near as adventurous as you chicks. I have had buffalo, squirrel, and goat in addition to the normal stuff. Rhonda, I am particularly intrigued by your adventurous eating. When I grow up, I want to be just like you :love:

I'm going to take a long hot shower with some home made coffee scrub, slather myself with warm vanilla sugar lotion, then hop into bed. Nighty, night chicks!

Tejas
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Squirrel: I've never had that although a lot of people here in the Lone Star State probably have. I ate beef tongue once in Mexico, but that's not too unusal I suppose. Goat, or "cabrito" in Spanish is common here; I've just never had it. I'll have to try that.

I've been very low calorie today. I'll let you know if it paid off. I went to aquafit and there were so many people that we managed to get the pool level up so high that the water splashed up over the sides. We like a bunch of school kids playing in the pool.

Have a great night!

Rhonda

ps: I made DH some chocolate chip cookies and ate only one!

Vickie
02-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I apologize for not being around. My life keeps getting in the way. I've been spending much time trying to support my GF. I know you are all well since I've been reading.

I'll be back to post individually as soon as I can.

blessedwithsarah
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi everyone, just killing time before my appt this morning. To add to the meat discussion, I forgot to add wild duck and goose (DH likes to hunt water fowel). Personally I loved the bear - we had bear stew way up north in Maine. The camp we had dinner at had a problem with one bear coming into the grounds, they relocated him twice. The third time he was dinner!

Slaon, how long will the school year go? Here they figure in 5 snow days and that brings us to the end of June. Since we've had no cancellations, Its looking like it will end mid June.

Vickie, HUGS to you and your GF. you're a good friend to her.

Sandra, good luck on the training.

Nancy, congrats to your son!

Well, go to get laundry swapped. BBL

aghiowa
02-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Morning ladies! I thought I'd share a nsv...last night I was feeling just kind of down and really fighting wanting to go out and eat cookies, chips, anything I wanted. But I sat myself down and realized that I didn't really want that stuff in particular, just salty and sweet together. So I made myself a snack of pretzels and raisins, and had that instead. :cheer: I know they aren't Core, but they're better than what I would have eaten!

My oldest dd (11) is complaining of a stomachache this morning, so we shall see if she makes it through the day at school. I know a stomach bug is going around. Hrm...

Vickie, we miss you but know you are doing a great service for you friend. Hang in there!

I think the most exotic meat I've eaten is duck! :lol: I'm not so adventurous an eater.

Have a great day all!
Angela

beach bum
02-04-2010, 10:15 AM

Waiting for the guy to deliver my area rugs and than this evening I'm going our with my new friends to another restaurant for dinner. Gee!! with all this eating out I'm going to become a house. I decided that after my next W-I on Monday I'm going to go on the low carbing for a couple of weeks to get all the simple carbs out of my system.. I'm eating to many breads and must stop to get back back to the 160's.

-Went to the Toyota dealer and I had to have a new air/fuel injector replaced and than the guy told me take it looks like the battery has to be replaced also as the record indicate that the last battery was put in 2005. $403.08 dollars later. I got home and looked at my records and found that Leo replaced it in 2007. They saw me coming an got me!!! Really I don't know,my BIL called and he told me a battery could go in 3 years.Yes I have been sleeping better and I haven't taken a pill since the 2, I took last week.

SANDRA-Thanks for explaining alligator meat. Isn't it tough,or do that marinate it for a softer meat. I heard of deer,moose and buffalo,but I near heard of alligator it must be a specialty.

SLOAN-Oh Gee!! TG your weren't hurt. when the shelve fell down.Normally I don't talk that long on the phone and I was surprised being that long on it. Use my cell for long distance,when calling NY or Fla.

NANCY-That was great news about your son,now that's a load of your mind. My DS just started school for computer repairing. With a guaranty that he will have a job placement after he finishes.

RHONDA-You a real gourmet having wild game. I had venison once and will never eat Bambi again.

PAULA=BEAR how do you girls get used to eating wild animals. I like to eat poultry,beef,pork and fish. I had ground buffalo,and made burgers with them.

VICKIE-Take you time back,I think taking care & supporting your GF is wonderful. I wouldn't know what to do without mine.

Have a great morning

ontarget
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Maryann, the grilled alligator I had was tough. The fried alligator was tender. (Both were alligator tail.)

Angela, that's a fantastic NSV. Congratulations, my friend.

Back to exotic meats--I guess the most exotic I've had is mountain lion. Living in Montana opened a whole new world for me. I attended several Hunters' Banquets where we shared all sorts of different goodies. I felt especially good about sharing the moose that I had harvested myself. It was lean and tender and made the most delicious roasts I've ever eaten.

And did I mention I think game counts pointwise like chicken?

Sloan, I hear ya on not starting anything new these 2 days. I hope your day is uneventful and all you want it to be.

I have already shot a few ends of arrows this AM. I feel better about my shooting than I have in several weeks. Curtis is feeling good about his as well.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later this evening to see how you're all doing.

ontarget
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Rhonda, only one cookie! You continue to amaze me. Way to go, Cuz!

Vickie, we know you're here with us in spirit--and you we're there with you in spirit, also. :hug:

Tejas
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
OH, yes, duck and goose...forgot those. But, I've never had mountain lion. You're the :queen: Sandra!

So, let me tell you this food story. I was once troubled by continuing nightmares about lobsters attacking me. No joke! So, one day at lunch, I said to myself "that's it" and I went out and had lobster for lunch all the time saying "I eat you, not you eat me!" And, I never had such a dream again.

At spinning class, my heart rate monitor said I spun off 1002 calories. Is that even possible?! Well, I worked hard and the class was an hour long.

Maryann, don't sweat the car stuff. Batteries can go quickly, especially in cold climates. It sounds like you have a plan though about the food, so good luck.

I can't believe that my weight moves off soooooo slowly. It takes a lot of determination to keep it going, but I AM determined.

Angela, thanks for the raisins and pretzels idea...sounds like a good one.

I'm doing paper filing and paying bills. What a drag!!!

Rhonda

ontarget
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Rhonda, I don't know about my being :queen:. Sounds to me like we've all had some exotic foods. What kind of snake did you have? How was it cooked? I think that's pretty :queen:ish there. You may not be losing much right now, but your body is definitely toning up and you're looking great. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll soon be where you want to be.

I like how you conquered your lobster mares.

We just found out one of Curtis' uncles has passed away and are waiting to hear about the arrangements. He'd been in poor health quite a while but this his passing is still a surprise.

Vickie
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm working on taxes. Harumph.

ontarget
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Vickie, you deserve another :hug:

blessedwithsarah
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Rhonda, I had a laugh thinking of your dream. I've been eating lobster all my life -- my Dad LOVED it and we always had it now and again growing up as treat. Lobstah and steamahs. YUM.

I did bills today and some work. The appt went well, the surgeon was a hoot! I have 5 stitches and I can now feel my leg, but its weird that the incision doesn't hurt. I was expecting it to. I did find out I have a hernia on my abdomin that I'll need to go to the day surgery center to have fixed. I thought it was a lipoma (fat blob) but the Dr today said not likely, most likely a hernia. Well, I'll let my leg heal then deal with that later.

Had a nice surprize, our neighbor has a BBQ catering service. He brought by dinner -- bbq pulled pork, beans and pasta salad. Not exactly core, but Its cooked and I'll have a small amount.

Have a good night.

nancy237
02-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Rhonda that is the greatest story about the lobster dream..I love it.
You need a T Shirt or apron now with a lobster on it..

I am impressed with all the wild things everyone has eaten.
I would try all those but all I have had is rabbit that I can think of.
Oh I did fix duck this Thanksgiving to surprise my son because he shot his first duck this fall.
Our town has a bug fest every year that I want to go to that serves
cooked bugs. I would try most anything except raw fish..the thought makes me gag

I spent the afternoon with my cousin. We were going to clean out her
closet and I was going to help her send her late husbands clothes to charity.
She decided that she was not up to the task so
we just spent the afternoon shopping, eating and having coffee..
:cofdate:

Paula...Take it easy on your leg..I am glad things went well.
When will your hernia surgery be??

Angela..I am slow today..What is nsv??? Hope your daughter feels better..

ontarget
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Ouch, Paula! Take it easy and don't overdo anything.

Nancy, you're a hoot. Be sure to tell us what bugs you eat. There used to be an upscale grocery in Ft. Worth that had chocolate-covered ants. I never ate any.

aghiowa
02-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh sorry Nancy. NSV is a non-scale victory, meaning something to be proud of that isn't necessarily attached to the number on the scale. :)

I actually have a blister on my finger tonight from folding 100 origami paper cranes. And why did I fold 100 paper cranes? Well, because Monday is the 100th day of school, of course! :) My youngest dd needs to bring 100 things to school tomorrow for their 100th day celebration, and she thought that'd be cool. Ow! But they are very pretty, and probably no one else will have the same.

Night all. Hope I dream of lobster, because it sounds delicious right now. One of my crazy pregnancy dreams last night was all about politics. Bleh! Who wants to dream politics?

Angela

sloanie
02-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Mornin' chicks, I need some prayer warriors. My dad is having a biopsy on an enlarged gland in his neck today. After going over all of the details, I'm pretty sure the docs think he has lymphoma. I will be at the hospital today with him (and my mom). Please pray that I will stay strong. I find myself being very tearful this morning, and although I know that is perfectly normal, I don't want to break down in front of my parents. I will reserve that for when a definitive diagnosis is made.

I want to speak to each of you about your posts (they are so cute), but I have to get ready. I'll check in later and let y'all know what's going on.

blessedwithsarah
02-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Angela -- I got off easy. DD is bringing 100 goldfish! (the crackers)

Tejas
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
We're all here, praying for you to have the strength you want, Sloan! :grouphug:

Rhonda

beach bum
02-05-2010, 10:16 AM

Another day of waiting,had a wonderful time with my new friends at the 99 restaurant. Had sirloin tips & chicken tenders plate with French Fries.The others had a better choice with fish. Will I ever learn,going to try the SB Phase 1 for a week or two and see if the numbers on the scale will go down.

Called my tax man this morning as the stupid forms that Aetna send me for the state of Massachusetts Health Care. I don't need their health care I have my own. The receptionist told me that he will call me back after 3.

SANDRA-The tails are are different story I was thinking around the belly of the gator. That should be tender.

RHONDA-Thanks is a funny story,my Grandson loves lobsters and get mad when anyone what to eat them. I brought him a toy lobster in a glass glob that moves when he turns the key on the bottom.All these jobs that Leo had are now on my shoulders, like cars,taxes,bbq grills,fixing things that get broken, all are scary to me.One of the choir members told me that they take advantage of woman. Have to look for a reliable handy man to hire now that Leo is gone.

PAULA-Sending your lots of hugs:hug: for your leg & now your hernia. Hope all will well,sending prayers your way. I love BBQ pulled Pork,they have a pub here in town that has it in a bread bowl and its it yummy.

NANCY-You are a good cousin,my sister did they same for me in Nov but now I have odds & ends to bring Leo's suits to the local center. The shirts, tee shirts, pants & jackets are going out to the big brothers & big sister this Tuesday.

SLOAN-Prayers & good thoughts are on the way.Hope you dad has the strength that he needs.:hug:

Have a great morning,see you guys later.

Tejas
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Maryann: there is no doubt that women, in general, and men who don't much about cars, get taken advantage of. It would be very helpful to have a handyman/woman. Everybody needs one of those!

aghiowa
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Ha ha Paula...100 goldfish crackers does sound easier. :D

That reminds me - yesterday I told a dd and a little boy in dd's class that she was bringing 100 puppies. You should have seen the look on their faces! :lol:

Angela

nancy237
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I remember those 100 day outfits. Mine were suppose to wear theirs.
One year my son glued 100 stamps (not postage) to a shirt, and another
year we glued 100 feathers to a shirt.
Hot glue guns are a lifesaver!!

SLOAN... praying for your parents and you today... So sorry
you have to face this today... Maybe the news will be good news..

sloanie
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey chicks, I left my parents' house at around 7pm then had errands to run, so I'm just now getting home. We will not have any test results until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I spoke to the doctor after the biopsy and asked if he thought the biopsy would come back lymphoma. He said that he was sure that it was, but the path report would give us more info. My dad cannot see an onchologist until the pathology report is back, so we wait. He knows that the doctor suspects lymphoma, but he is still hoping that the path will be negative. Of course, we too hope that the path report will be negative, but underneath I think we all are preparing for the worst.

Rhonda, Maryann, and Nancy, thank you for the prayers. I was comforted all day knowing that you all had read my post and were praying. I was able to keep it together and speak frankly when I needed to.

Hope you all have a great night! TTFN

Tejas
02-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for writing tonight, Sloan, to let us know how it's going. It will no doubt seem like a long wait for the report.

Rhonda

Vickie
02-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Oh Sloan....I'm praying for you and your family.

sloanie
02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Mornin' chicks. I got up at 5am when DH left for work. I've been painting and finishing wallpaper in the laundry room. I'm also listening to "The Lost Symbol" while I work. All of this is keeping me and my mind busy, so that's good. Thanks again for your prayers. I can feel them.

I just stopped to drink a cup of coffee, so I need to get back to it. I'll check in later.

Good luck at the competition today, Sandra!

beach bum
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM

NO SNOW for me, its going to be snow showers and up that me as it going to melt will all the salt water & air around us. I'm going to walmart to pick up some things I need.and than will be back again for the showers start.

OUR friend send us a CD that about losing our love one but they are not too far from us. The music is on the classical/church music side but the words are powerful & beautiful very effective. I cried along with my new friend though the whole thing and now I fine and my energy came back to me.

RHONDA-I'm learning that fast and must keep on my guard.That's good that I have BIL's to ask.

SLOAN-Remember we are always here for you. I know the waiting is the hard part not knowing. I think to this day Leo would have been alive if they didn't change the meds and that stop because of the sides effects.But its water under the bridge and I don't have the proof.

LJ=Congrats on your 9.2 lbs lost.:carrot:I met JEAN NIDETCH in the early 1970's when I first worked for WW.She was a lovely woman,and had the right intentions for weight loss but the new owner of WW left it astray. To them it only a money making company,especially the people in the top offices.I quit after she sold the company.Rules for the leaders & receptionist went down hill after she left.

Have a nice weekend

Tejas
02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
9.2 pounds in two weeks?!

I so envious, I'm green!

sloanie
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Chicks! I finished painting and papering the laundry room, made the curtain, shopped for storage bins, and organized the room. DH will hang the curtain rod for me tonight, and I will be finished. I took a before picture and will take an after picture so I can post them.

I wish I could stay and chat, but I've got lots to do. Have a good night everyone!

aghiowa
02-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi all! I am still on my no-sugar bandwagon. It's getting easier now. Dh brought home some Cherry Crush soda, and I had one taste and gave him the rest. It tasted soooo strong, it was almost like cough syrup! :lol: Dh assures me it doesn't taste like that to him, but then again, he adds sugar to almost every beverage he has, so, what does he know?

I'm heading upstairs now to read books in bed with my girls. I'm tired today...haven't been sleeping well. Dh snores, and I am a very light sleeper even when not in 3rd trimester pregnancy, so it's a bad combination. Oh well, pretty soon I'll be up at all hours feeding a little guy anyway, so...

Night all!
Angela

Tejas
02-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Good night all. I went spinning, ran errands, tried to eat well, and now I have a sinus headache. I've taken some medication and am headed to bed.

Angela, have you tried a white noise generator? Might work???

Rhonda

sloanie
02-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Angela, my DH snores, too. We have been married for 27 years, and I have been listening to him snore for the entire marriage. We have a "white noise generator", and it really helps. Also, I read about a woman whose husband snorred (sp?), and she said something that really changed my thinking. She said she thanked God for her husband's snorring because that meant he was beside her, and he was getting the rest he needed so he could take care of his family :goodvibes.

Tejas
02-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I crossed a threshold this morning. Nine months ago, I weighed 202 pounds. As you know, I've been losing weight, but I've been stuck. I have been right around 180 for weeks, never breaking through. Well, this morning, the scale read 179.4 :woohoo:

Now, the next 10 pounds are going to go off a lot more quickly than the last 10!

Sloan, you're really making progress on your house. Good for you.

Rhonda

aghiowa
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Awesome Rhonda! I'm so proud of you!

We run a fan all night long for white noise..otherwise I wouldn't sleep at all! But last night I slept a lot better...I went to bed at 9:30 and fell asleep before dh did. That really helps.

I like the sentiment of being grateful in a way for the snoring - it's just hard to feel that at 3 am sometimes. :)

Angela

sloanie
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey chicks, DH is finally hanging the last of the light fixtures, then we will call the dry wall guy. I sorted and boxed up all of the tools we have been using so we could start moving them out to the garage. We also worked in the kids bathroom upstairs and decided to do some tile work in there. I was thinking about this remodeling adventure today and realized we have been living in this mess for nine months. I told the fam we really need to pour it on, 'cause I'm probably about to be very busy with my dad and whatever medical treatments he will need.

Rhonda, way to go on the loss! You have been working so hard :lifter:. It's about time for the weight to start coming off again.

Angela, glad you had a better night. I am fighting a cold, so I slept propped up on the couch last night :dz:

Maryann, the CD sounds like it would come in handy when you need a good cry. It was nice of your friend to send it to you.

Remodeling is over for the day, and we are watching the Super Bowl (mostly for the commercials). We had nachos for dinner, oh well! TTFN

nancy237
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I have had a 24 hour eating spell caused by stress.
I really need to get back on track.

Angela...I have been sleeping in the living room because of DH's
snoring. Haven't reached the saintly attitude of being thankful for it:devil:

Tejas
02-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm not thankful for it either! But, I get the point. Of course, if DH has sleep apena, he needs to get to a doctor. But, if he's like the one I know, he won't!

I enjoyed the game, watching the effort of the players and coaches. I didn't stick to any diet tonight either, but I didn't overdo it either. It helps to have a cold and not much taste sensation.

Thanks for the congrats!

Night all!
Rhonda

aghiowa
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty sure dh does have sleep apnea actually. I notice him several times a night stopping breathing for at least 10-20 seconds. It's very strange. But yeah, getting him to admit he has a problem AND that he has to do something about it is quite difficult. :)

I did not eat well tonight either. In fact, dh brought home some of those little gem chocolate donut things, which are my absolutely downfall, and I had several. Too bad I didn't really enjoy them. I will eat well again tomorrow though.

Night!
Angela