100 lb. Club - Accountability, menu, exercise etc - week of Feb. 1

Beverlyjoy
02-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Are you looking for a place to post your daily menu, exercise, accountability, a little chat, etc....Please join in.

Beverlyjoy
02-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Glad to be back home. I think the antibiotics are helping my cough and cold.

I did well while out of town over the weekend. I wrote down all my food and kept track of the food exchanges. I made pretty good choices. I am grateful.

today
breakfast - english muffin with pnb, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with mushrooms,, turkey pepperoni and cheese, toast
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - tomato soup, cheese toast, green bean salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I hope you all have a great day.

mj5
02-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone! Saturday I had the monster of all migraines and yesterday was the not so fun "hung over" day after a migraine....ugh.

Today I am ready to jump back in w/ both feet! Gym clothes are packed and waiting for me in the car (gym days this week are M, W, and F). I have a healthy lunch packed and I have already started drinking water. I did NOT drink much water over the weekend, so I need to get back on track w/ that.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Blairsey
02-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Mornin' Chickies! :D I'm new here and jumping right in.

Hoping my Walk Away the Pounds dvds arrive today, so I can skip that pesky treadmill. :o

Breakfast this morn is

Oatmeal
Blueberries
Milk

Lunch will be:

Homemade chicken salad w/ celery, grapes and light dressing
Romaine lettuce
Whole wheat pita
Milk

Dinner is:

yet to be decided :shrug:

Snack:

Yogurt sprinkled w/granola
Fruit?

Sad to say I'm actually up a couple of pounds today. I think AF is coming, which would explain it. I've GOT to start marking my calender every month, as I'm clueless of when I'm actually due. :dizzy: I'm thinking it's now-ish, though.:D

rakel
02-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Well, it seems like the trend goes something like this: throughout the week I eat well, do my exercises, and even lose a little weight. Then comes the weekend. I go out to eat, perhaps over-indulge a bit, or just not make the right decisions on what to eat, and then I gain the weight I lost back. Rinse and repeat. Now I haven't weighed in yet, I will tonight after my 30-60 minutes of exercise (I'm thinking 30 min cardio/aerobic and 30 minutes strength) so I can't confirm any weight gain yet, but I did eat out for about 4 meals over the weekend. I *think* that I made healthier choices, and more importantly, stopped eating after I was full, and even eating slower, but I still think I ate too much sugary, salty and fatty foods that probably had too many calories.

Example: I went to Panera Saturday morning to meet with a client. I got the fuji apple chicken salad (without Gorgonzola because I don't like it!!) and the turkey artichoke panini for around 650 calories. It was my breakfast and lunch, and since I was meeting with a client, it took me about an hour and a half to eat it, whereas normally I could probably polish the whole thing off in about 15 minutes.

For dinner, we went to a Mexican restaurant where they set out salsa, chips, and then my sister in law got some queso. Normally I find myself eating a ton of chips and fresh salsa and cheese... against my better judgment, I did have some of the fatty, oily cheese dip and chips, but not nearly as much as I would have eaten in the past. I had about what an actual serving of chips and the cheese, and not more. Then, for my dinner (chicken enchilda, chicken sopa, beans, cheese & rice), I ate about half of it, and took the rest home.

Sunday, we had a dinner at church--I just had green beans & a small spoonful of potato salad, some sandwhich rollups and 2 medium stuffed shells with cheese and spinach. The kicker was that later that evening we were with some friends and they wanted to either go to cici's pizza buffet, or the chinese buffet. I didn't really want to go to either, but everyone else decided on the chinese buffet. I actually hate buffets because the food quality is poor and it's just a recipe for disaster. I probably ate more than I should have, but I had 2 plates, and put very little on each plate (I tried to keep the food from touching, or layering anything on top of each other). If I didn't like something, I just did not finish it. I still felt like I had eaten too much that day and that I had way too much sodium... so I will probably retain some water.

I hope that once we move to this new house I can convince people to just come over to our place and have dinner there more often... I've always wanted to do more dinner parties where everyone brings a dish, or just pitches in like $5 a person which is a lot cheaper and healthier than eating out.

brandijune44
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Good morning!

I had a pretty good weekend. I feel like I'm coming down with the cold though that my hubby's had for the past week (thought I may actually escape it!) I'm hoping that it's shortlived. I feel like I had a pretty good week but we'll find out here in a few hours when I go weigh in at Weight Watchers...

Beverlyjoy - I'm so glad that you are feeling better AND that you were able to stay on track over the weekend! Way to go! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps with this cold. I was so impressed how you stuck to your plan even when not feeling 100%

mj5 - Sounds like your week is off to a great start! I love your motivation...it inspires me :)

Blairsey - WELCOME! :wave: Your plan looks awesome! Glad you've joined us :)

rakel - I'm just so impressed by your awareness. I love how you admit that you weren't perfect over the weekend, but are trying to learn from it. We'll get there...I just know it!

Here's my day:

b - apple, lite coconut milk, high fiber cereal - 5
s - yogurt - 3
l - cottage cheese, rice crackers - 3
s - orange, high fiber oatmeal macaroons - 5
d - Chicken torta - 6

Exercise - 60 min. walk to/from Weight Watchers meeting

Hope you all have a fabulous day!

dgramie
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
HI ..well the day has finally came.Im going to have a grandson today. I am trying hard to keep from nervous eating. I will be going up tonight to see him. Hospital rules are alot stricter than when my granddaughter was born. So only 2 people at a time in the room.
I lost 1lb last week. At this rate it will take all year to make goal..but thats ok by me!!
breakfast- wheat chex cereal and half cup of milk 4.5 points
lunch- soup at hand 1pt and an apple 2pt
dinner- on the road..going to try and make good choices.

soulnik
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey Chicas,

The weekend was just wretched mood wise but I feel much better today. I gained 1.2 lbs but I think it's because of PMS. I'm giving up the Kettle corn again because I just can't handle it responsibly. I bought some 100 cal packs of other stuff to see if I can manage better.

The Coolness:
I'm a part of a social networking group for women. We get together and do dinner and other activities. They're the peeps I'm doing the Biggest Loser with. Well, a TV producer caught wind of the group and our weight loss competition and wants to do a TV show about us!!! So this morning I went to an interview for a potential TV show about my networking group's attempt to lose weight together. It was interesting. Let's see if anything comes of it.

I didn't work out this morn because of the interview but I am going mall walking this evening and hope to get a little Wii play in. Exercise this week is Mon-Wed, Fri (walking in the morn, Wii Active in the eve). Biggest loser group work out on Saturday (African Dance!!!).

Food for the day:
Morning
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
mixed veggies 0
lean cuisine 6

Evening
green beans 0
1 Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew 8

Snacks/Desserts
1 large apple(s) 2
2 small clementine 0.5
100 cal pack 2

Have a great day chicas!!!

Slashnl
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi all. Well, I'm up a little on weight, 1.6 pounds. I had a little talk with myself over the weekend. While I've been going through the motions of being on plan, I don't think I'm really living it like I was before Christmas. So, I am dedicating February to be the month that I get it back together and, hopefully, start losing again. I started today with going to a new class at the gym, Body Pump. It was hard! But I can see that it will be very beneficial. I just thought that I needed to kick things up a notch. So, I'm doing Body Pump today, Spin on Tuesday, Body Flow (kind of a yoga/pilates thing) on Wednesday, Spin on Thursday, possibly Body Pump again on Friday (or I'll do cardio and weights on my own), and the cardio and weights on Saturday. Sunday is my rest day. I'm feeling kind of shaky from the Body Pump class, so I may be sore later, but I have to get something new going on here to shake up the rut I've been in. I haven't tried the Body Flow yet either, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also going to be much more diligent on recording my calories. Water is about the only thing I've been very good and consistent at doing. Anyway, I'm feeling positive about it.

Beverly: Glad you’re feeling better! Keep well!

MJ: Glad you are feeling better, too. Sounds like you have a good plan for gym week!

Blairsey: Welcome! Don’t let a couple of pounds get to you. Keep posting and plugging along with us!

Rakel: I’m with you, it is so hard when you go out to eat! It doesn’t sound like it was too bad, though. Hope your weigh in works out!

Brandi: Hope you can stay away from getting the cold!

Dgramie: How exciting, but how nerve wracking! Congrats on the new baby and the 1 pound loss!

Soulnik: Glad you’re feeling better with your mood. It happens to all of us! The interview sounds cool, you’ll have to let us know what comes of that.

Hope everyone has a good week!

rakel
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Ok everyone. I was literally shocked at the scale today. I was definitely expecting for it to go up again... but I guess my method for eating out this weekend worked because the scale plummeted down to 311.4, which puts me at 16.6lbs lost since November!! I think my points still stand about sugary, salty, fatty foods though so I will continue to work on that. I weighed 314.4 on the 23rd, which is a 3lb loss in 8 days. Now, normally I would be skeptical of this weigh in, because usually "wooshes" like this are in the morning before I eat anything, but I did this at night like I usually do, so there's got to be an actual loss there. So, I'm pretty encouraged by this :)

mj5
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone! Well, the scale stayed the same this week, but that's ok....better than a gain! I did go to the gym last night and did my planned cardio. It felt SO good!

Hopefully today will be a better day at work...I spent all yesterday afternoon fixing other people's mistakes. NOT fun!!!

Beverlyjoy
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi Chicks! It is good to be back home in my food comfort zone. I love travelling, however, it's challenging with the food some times.

Yesterday was a good food day. :) Also....for the first time in about 10 days I can taste something. :D YAY I am grateful for both.

Today I was suppose to take my mom in for an outpatient procedure. But, she has a headcold :( and they must reschedule. So...I kind of have a free day. I think I will work in my office and start sorting for taxes. (ugh)

For today:

breakfast - eggs with mushrooms, ketchup, pnb toast, clemetine
lunch - turkey and cheese sandwich (open face), lite mayo, green beans
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - leftover ginger seabass, rice, cauliflower
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

log food and time taken to eat meals and snacks
fork down between bites
no seconds
exercise
lots of water
mindful eating
think about cravings vs desire vs hunger
meditation

Rakel - I am so glad the scale went down. :carrot::carrot: It helps you figure it all out.

slash - your February goals are so good. :) And - the new class will get you going in that direction.

soulnic - I love your social networking group. :D Sound like fun. I found that the hundred calorie packs were helpful for me. :)

dgrammie - so exciting about your grandson coming. I am praying for an easy healthy delivery.:D:D Down one pound is fantastic. :carrot::carrot:

brandijune - I hope your cold is short lived!!! :hug: Remember - what ever the scale says at ww is that moment in time. Always give yourself credit for all the things you do all week...not just that number on the scale.:)

Blairsey - WELCOME!!! Enjoy your new dvd's.:)

MJ - sorry to hear about your migraine over the weekend. :hug:Glad it's over!! Glad you could make it to the gym. :D

Have a great day, folks.

beaka
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey! Can I join in?!?! I'm trying to kick it back into high gear this month.

My plan for the day:
B- small smoothie made with banana, almond milk, and amazing grass; hardboiled egg; mini whole wheat bagel with all fruit
L- told a co-worker I'd go to the Indian buffet with her. Not ideal, but I've been planning for it
D- Whole wheat wrap filled with chicken, veggies, and salsa
No snacks today because of the buffet.
No exercise today since I have to go to my part-time after work. It's retail so I kinda count it as exercise. I had pole dance class last night though! ;)

I'm pretty much a calorie counter. I try to eat 1500 on lazy days and 1800 on workout days. I work out about 4 times a week. I'll be reporting back on the buffet later.

Soulnik: Can I just say that I LOVE my 100 cal paks of Kettle Corn!!! I buy the pack that has 5 kettle corn and 5 butter (it's cheaper), and I always eat those first.

rakel
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm having some serious menstrual cramps today... I feel it ache in my hips, lower back and abdomen. I'm also feeling a little "CRAY-ZEE" because I'm pretty emotional, getting upset/crying for basically no reason. Sigh. The joys of womanhood.

brandijune44
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Good morning everyone!

It's kind of crazy this morning but I did want to check in to say "hello!" According to the Weight Watchers scale yesterday I lost 3.4 pounds last week which I am estatic about. Beverlyjoy - thank you so much for reminding me that "success" is not solely determined by that number though. I need to keep reminding myself of that...that was my "old" thinking! Anyways, I gotta run but I'll be thinking about you all today...

Slashnl
02-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Yesterday turned out to be a good start to the month. I went walking at lunch even though it is still a little cold out. I figure I can bundle up and live through it as long as the sidewalk at the park is cleared. Today I went to spin class. I was still sore from yesterday's body pump class, but I was hoping to work out a little of the soreness. Spin was good and challenging. Tomorrow I'll try the "Body Flow" class and see how that goes.

When I went to Denver a couple of weeks ago, I heard something on the radio that I thought was good. I can't remember who the guy was who said it, but he had been asked how he stays motivated. He said that lack of motivation is really a loss of hope. So, to keep motivated you need to just keep doing what will help you reach your goal --- to regain that hope. To me, that means that we really don’t need “motivation” and we shouldn’t wait to be motivated to do something. We need to make a commitment. We need to stay committed to whatever lifestyle change we have embraced. That’s the way we can reach our goal. I know that Rockinrobin has said that over and over, to be committed to a health lifestyle. Anyway... that's my deep thought for the day.

Rakel: Cool that you lost weight! I don't know, sometimes shaking things up can help shake up your body and you lose weight too. Glad it worked out!

MJ: Hope work is better for you!

Beverly: Taxes... ugh. Don't remind me. I have to get organized soon!!

Beaka: Welcome! Glad you joined us!

Brandi: I posted at the same time you did, so I'm coming back to edit and add a "HI!" to you!

Have a great day everyone!

dgramie
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
My grandson is precious and a blessing. He was wide awake and a very calm baby when I saw him.Lets hope he continues to be a calm little boy.
Food was great until we went out to eat.I caved and had 3 rolls. I did great otherwise.I had cut food all day long to allow a larger meal last night. Im not to upset over it though..
breakfast- oatmeal banana
lunch- stir fry with chicken
dinner- pork chop and veggies

soulnik
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey Chicas,

TOM has me feeling worn down. I did get up and walk this morning but it wasnít at full steam or time. At least I went so I reckon thatís worth something. I didnít work out at all yesterday which mean I have to exercise on my off day Ė Thursday. Ah well.

Hereís the food for the day:

Morning
1/8 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3

Midday
1 medium whole wheat tortilla(s) 1
2 oz Hickory Smoked Black Forest Turkey Breast , 31% Lower Sodium 1
2 oz 42% Lower Sodium Ham 1
Lettuce & Tomato - 0

Evening
mixed veggies 0

Snacks/Desserts
3 small clementine 1
1 small pear(s) 1
100 cal pack -2
2 item(s) Sugar Free Pudding Chocolate 2.5
1 large apple(s) 2

@Slashnl Ė Body Pump just sounds good! Pump it up chica!!!

@rakel Ė CONGRATS on the surprise loss! I love it when that happens. Keep up the good work! Iím feeling your pain on the menstrual front. Iíve been in tears for days now. Ugh!

@mj5 Ė Good attitude about staying the same. Hopefully today will be less focused on other peopleís problems (OPP).

@Beverlyjoy Ė Glad you can finally taste stuff again! And I agree, travelling can be brutal to the program. Itís good to be home.

@beaka Ė Welcome! Whatís amazing grass? I am addicted to kettle corn and itís causing problems so I have to back off. Isnít it awesome!?!?!?

@brandijune44 Ė Congrats on the loss!

Have a good day, chicas!

beaka
02-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Ok... so I definitely overindulged at the buffet. Not terrible, but more than I intended. I had mostly vegetarian items, but I'm sure cream and butter was involved. Anywho... it filled me up for the day and I haven't eaten since. And I did decide to work out between jobs. I did the 30 day shred. i'm going to try to do it in the morning too.

rakel- hope you're feeling better!

slashnl- you're a trooper. I hate being out in this weather!

soulnik- amazing grass is kind of like concentrated veggie powder. you can use it to make "green" drinks. http://www.amazinggrass.com/about-berry-green-superfood.html

Beverlyjoy
02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi Chicks....I had a healthy day yesterday - I am grateful. :) The scale smiled at me this morning when I got on for my weekly weighin - I am down 2 pounds. :carrot::carrot: I am so happy - especially because I went out of town last weekend.

Today a friend is coming over for tea and a meeting. I know she is bringing some Irish Tea Brack. I will put a small piece into my daily plan. I can take this taste only by saying I have to watch my sugar. This is true - most folks are supportive of a health concern (not always so supportive if you say I am trying to lose some weight).

today:

log food and time taken to eat meals and snacks
aware eating
lots of water
no seconds
fork down between bites
exercise
think about hunger vs desire vs cravings
remember why I want to do this

breakfast - 1/2 english muffin with pnb
snack- small piece of tea brack
lunch - egg white scramble with mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese, toast
dinner - KFC grilled chicken dinner -(395 calories)
snack - rice cakes with laughing cow cheese, clementine

beaka - WELCOME! good job on the 30 day shred!

soul - tom can kick your butt...good for you on the walk when you really didn't feel like it! :)

dgrammie - so so wonderful to have that new granbaby :D:D- three rolls isn't the end of the world. Hop right back on your plan and you'll be fine.

slash - all that exercise is great. :DYa know, I too often think of rockinrobin's reminder of this way of life being a committment for life. She is a helpful lady!

brndijune - your weightloss is wonderful.:carrot::carrot: That is so exciting -seeing the scale go down.

rakel - hope you are feeling better today.:hug:

mj - hi! Hope all is going well for you, friend.:)

Have a great day!

mj5
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi everyone! Things at work are super hectic....gearing up for some office moves, thankfully not my office! LOL!!! Also dealing w/ a lot of staff who are complaining about EVERYTHING...umm, hello? How about being thankful that you have a job? And that we didn't have to cut hours like we thought we were going to? Whatever.

This weekend I am going to start some major cleaning at home. Not my favorite thing, but I LOVE the end result! My plan is one room at a time, to keep it manageable. I also want to do some reorganizing, once the cleaning is done, but I need hubby to help w/ that...can't move all the heavy stuff myself!

Hope everyone is doing well! Tonight is a gym night for me! My knee is feeling ok, so hopefully this plan is working....

soulnik
02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Hey Chicas,

OY! This is TOM is a killer I just can’t muster the energy to do much of anything and my emotions are all over the place. I couldn’t get out of bed this morn so no workout. (I’m supposed to be working out with the Biggest Loser team tonight so at least I’ll get something in today.) I was late for work. I forgot my pedometer.

And – this is the part that’s getting me – I’m having all of these feelings of insecurity about my new co-worker. She’s young (fresh out college), eager, really sharp and full of ideas. She gets everything the first time it’s said. I often need to repeat it back and ask clarifying questions but since she’s been around I feel like an idiot doing that. And...she’s thin. Thin as a rail. She dresses nicely, and before she came, I was the best dressed. And they hired her partially to “support” my work but I’m afraid she’s better at it all. I was the golden girl around here until she showed up.

OMG! I sound like a spoiled, bratty, first child. Lord help me. I feel like a chump for even writing this now. It’s silly (but still a true representation of how I feel). I’ll get over it. I just have to make sure my game is on point. But, really, did she have to be thin?!?!?!?

Food for the day:

Morning
1 serving(s) Chocolate Chip Cliff Bar 4

Midday
mixed veggies - 0
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
Wrap w. turkey and ham 3

Evening

Snacks/Desserts
1 small pear(s) 1
1 large apple(s) 2
2-100 cal pack - Quick-added food 4

@beaka – Buffets always get me but good that you got in a workout.

@Beverlyjoy – Congrats on the 2 lb loss!!!

@mj5 – But they ARE grateful to have a job...They just like to complain about it too. LOL! Good luck with the house cleaning.

Have a good day chicas!

brandijune44
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Good morning everyone!

This morning is a little slower and I'm so glad to "be back!" Yesterday went pretty well. TOM has visited and for the first time in this journey I've just really had a rough time getting motivated to workout. I feel sluggish and drained. BUT I got my behind to the gym and did get in 60 minutes of cardio which was good. I wasn't as motivated to push myself, but at least I was there.

soulnik - I think it's very brave and admirable of you to be honest about your feelings regarding your coworker. I go through this all the time. I'm really trying to retrain my mind to recognize that self-worth is NOT determined by the number on the scale. (It's easier said than done) Just because she's "thin" does not mean she's better. The funny thing is, I bet she looks up to you and your experience. HANG IN THERE! Oh, and I didn't get to post about your casting interview. Please let us know how that turns out...that is so freaking exciting!

mj5 - Doesn't cleaning/organizing just make you feel so much better. Ever since I have started "the journey" my house has been so much more organized and clean. I think it's a control thing for me...it's makes me feel good :)

Beverlyjoy - YAHOO! Congrats on the 2 pounds. That's great! Keep it up!

beaka - Buffets are killer but way to work out! How do you like the 30 day shred? I've been considering purchasing it...

dgramie - Congratulations on your beautiful grandson. What a wonderful gift :)

slashnl - Thanks so much for your beautiful message of hope. Your words have inspired me to take one more step in the right direction today. Thank you!

rakel - I hope you are feeling better! Hang in there girlie!

Today's plan:

b - apple, high fiber cereal, lite coconut milk - 4
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - egg noodles, 2 chicken meatballs, lf alfredo sauce - 5
s - orange - 1
d - garden burger, sandwich thin, mozzerella, roasted red pepper soup - 7
s - whole wheat macaroons - 4

Exercise - 30 minutes cardio, weights

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVERYONE!

Slashnl
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, I went to the Body Flow workout today. That was so different than anything else I have ever done. Very much a yoga/stretching/pilates class. I thought it was really hard and I was doing a lot of sweating by the end of it. I had the "head trash" going on thinking that I wasn't sure I should ever do it again because I don't have good flexibility or balance. And there were a lot of really fit people in the class. So as I was leaving the instructor told me I couldn't leave without telling her what I thought. I told her that the meditation at the end showed me that I really have trouble turning off my brain and just relaxing. And, I thought that I wasn't very good at the class. She told me to come back and try it again and that I would improve. I was thinking to myself "ya, maybe... not". But I was in the locker room and one of the younger girls in the class that I see a lot told me that I did really good. I laughed and said that no, I didn't and I wasn't sure I was cut out for that class. It was funny because then 4-5 other women in the class came up to tell me that they thought it was a hard routine too and that I would get better as time goes on. I told them that if they thought it was hard, they could at least LOOK like they were struggling, too. :) Anyway, that was encouraging, though, and I think I'll try it again.

Had a bad off plan food day yesterday. But, that was yesterday and I'm being better today.

Not a lot of time today, so I better get back to work.

raebeaR
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Good day, chiquitas!

Ok, I'm getting tired of battling the same 3 pounds for the past 3 weeks... I'm behaving on my food plan, starting to exercise more regularly, and... ppffftt. Mr. Scale laughs callously in my face!! Why is he so cruel? But oh, well. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, and eventually it will come off... right?? :?:

Slashnl, wow, you think that class kicked your butt, but you kicked that class in the butt!! Well done for deciding to give it another try! :carrot:

brandijune44, it's so hard to keep going when you don't feel well. I hope you gave yourself a much-deserved pat on the back!! :hug:

soulnik, I dread co-workers like that... well, I did when I had co-workers. I think it's great you are accepting your feelings about her and dealing with them head-on. I hope you and she can reach some accord soon! Try not to worry too much, and bear in mind that some of your feelings may be because of TOM and nothing more. :hug:

mj5, glad to hear the knee is doing better at last! Great plan for taking on the housecleaning... I recently employed the same method and made wonderful headway! Hang in there through the nutty, busy time! :dizzy:

Beverlyjoy, well done on your 2-lb. loss!! I'm stealing it, ok??? :cool: Seriously, that's fantastic!!!!

beaka, welcome!! :) Get that buffet behind you and you'll be back on your track before you know it. Kudos for the exercise!!! :carrot:

dgramie, I'll bet your grandson is the most beautiful baby ever born!! How wonderful and exciting!! I am thrilled for you. :hug:

rakel, sorry about the menstrual cramps... being post-menopausal, I can tell ya, I miss NONE of that!! You've had a lot going on in your life... you're doing so well despite all the obstacles!! :carrot:

I've arrived at some decisions on the Fellow Front. I canceled the visit with Old Flame. I guess I'm just not that wild a woman after all.... he was confused, disappointed, but I really do think it's for the best. He is still much in mourning for his late wife, lives far away and -- more than anything else -- I just can't stop thinking about Handyman. So I decided to give both relationships the respect and dignity they deserve and see what's what with Handyman. He was glad of my decision... he's away until the first of March, so I guess I can just go sit in a corner and think about it all for awhile. Hmmmpffff. Was it a mistake? Maybe; but the girl in the mirror is happier.

Someone please kick my butt to exercise..??? Yeah, yeah, I know it has to be ME!!!

Best to all, Rae

beaka
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, aren't ya'll a friendly and supportive bunch?! :D

Beverlyjoy- YAY! for being down 2 lbs!!! :carrot:

soulnik: I'm giving you my perspective as a recent grad new to the workforce. Please be nice to her. I'm sure she's somewhere thinging thoughts about you too. When you're fresh, you want to work hard to prove you can do the work and put your best foot forward. Trust me. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with her. It's how we compensate for our lack of experience. :p

brandiijune44: I LOVE the Shred. It's a great workout and there are 3 different levels, so it'll last you a while. I love that each circuit is only 20 minutes. Just when you think you can't take any more of something, it's over.

As for me:

B: smoothie w 1/2 banana, scoop amazing grass, 4 oz almond milk; whole wheat mini bagel w/all fruit; 1 egg; 2 turkey sausage links @450 cals

S1: Nature's Valley Granola Bar @190 cals

L: whole wheat wrap; chicken; veggies; salsa @450 cals

S2: cottage cheese; tomatoes @150 cals

D: so far... 2 turkey sausage links; whole wheat minibagel; all fruit (because I'm lazy) @ 250 cals I think I'll make a salad later.

As for exercise, I'm doing the Shred tonight. And I had to shovel snow this morning.

Trazey34
02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Just back from dinner out -- got a small steak, and 2 sides of steamed veg it was delicious! everyone shared a deep fried pita chips with spinach & 4 cheese dip LOL I took ONE BITE OF ONE PITA CHIP and knew instantly that wow that's a day's calories in one chip hahahah needless to say, the one bite did it for me!

dgramie
02-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I had a good day yesterday.I spent the day at the hospital with my daughter in law and grandson. I had a special K bar for breakfast then at lunch was able to order off the menu and had a grilled chicken breast and salad and baked potato.It was wonderful.On the way home hit McDonalds and had a grilled chicken sandwich. IT was a nice reminder to myself that i can be away from home and still make good choices.
I didnt get enough water in yesterday...so I will increase that today.My kidneys dont know what happened!!
food today- breakfast oatmeal
lunch-salad
dinner- baked fish and veggies

mj5
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a great day so far today!

soulnik--No, you don't sound like a spoiled, bratty child! Well, if they are so grateful and happy to have a job, then they better start doing their job, or we'll have to find someone who will!

brandi--Good for you gettin a workout in!!! YES, cleaning and organizing makes me feel SO much better.

Diane--I agree, keep at that class! I had a bad food day yesterday, too. But today is a new day!

raebea--Good for you for making a decision. I'll kick your butt, if you kick mine...I need to bet moving with exercise.

Beverlyjoy--down 2lbs, how did I miss that? Congrats!!!!

beaka--Welcome!!!

Trazey--Awesome job at dinner!!!

dgramie--Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!!

Rhonda--where are you???Don't hide on us again! LOL!

Today will be a good day. Yesterday, not so much with food, but I'm letting go of that! I am getting groceries after work....I am also getting our munchies for the Superbowl. I am getting mostly healthy snacks, but one not so healthy snack. I'm making a little batch of chicken wing dip for hubby and I. I don't make it often and it's better than what I would normally make, that's for sure!

I am planning a 'girls day' for three of my nieces...if we can pick a date, that is....we are going to watch movies, and do make overs. It's going to be so much fun! I am going to put together little gift bags w/ mini nail polish, fuzzy socks, stuff like that. I can't wait!!!

Have a great day everyone!

soulnik
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Hey Chicas,

I'm in Happy Mode today. I decided that TOM has had me in the dumps for over a week and I'm totally over it. So I started my day with a little Bobby McFerrin "Don't Worry Be Happy" and plan to listen to uplifting songs all day.

I actually really like my co-worker. She's a really nice girl and we hit it off. I'm just feeling insecure about myself. It's totally my issue.

Having a hard time waking up all week so I didn't exercise again this morning. I'll walk after work today and then see a movie with a friend. I did work out with my Biggest Loser team last night. We did Cardioke...cardio karaoke. Um...it's interesting. Billy Blanks' son does it. Check it out.

@brandijune44 – I’m feeling you on the TOM stuff! Be gentle with yourself.

@raebeaR – I think you made a good decision. If you have a good guy that you’re into, tend to the new flame. Good for you!

@beaka – I do love posting here! Very supportive.

@Trazey34 – NICE WORK stopping at one chip!

@dgramie – Good choices yesterday. Hope your family is ok.

My food for today:
Morning
1 item(s) Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwich 4

Midday
2 SF Jello snacks 0

Evening
1 serving(s) WaWa Turkey w. Swiss no mayo 5
garden salad - 0

Snacks/Desserts
1 large apple(s) 2
1 small pear(s) 1
2 - 100 cal packs - 4

lottie63
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
hello ladies, the last few weeks have been hectic, so I haven't been around, my TOM was HORRIBLE with cravings and overeating. I gained 3 lbs. :( GOod thing I had lost 7 right before that.lol. back on the wagon as of today though.

I had a weird breakfast of pasta and an italian herb 'chicken' patty. ha.

brandijune44
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey ladies~

Yesterday was a pretty good day...I stayed on plan with the food and was also able to push myself a little on the 60 minutes of elliptical (good music really helps!) I don't know if it's the aftermath of TOM or what but I just feel sluggish and exhausted this week especially in the mornings. I guess I just have to hang in there and ride this out but I'm sure looking forward to feeling "my spark" and motivation again...hmm

Lottie - Way to get back in the swing of things despite many obstacles. I wanted to let you know that I have been reading your posts and think about you often...sending you positive thoughts! What an inspiration you are to demonstrate that when life gets tough, you just have to hang in there and stay strong. Thank you for that!

soulnik - I like your positive music idea. I'm going to try that tomorrow as I wake up and see if that helps get me out of this funk.

mj5 - Yahoo for a girls' day! I think it's great that you are treating yourself WITHIN REASON for the superbowl...I hope I can be in control enough to do that some day.

dgramie - What a great example of how we can still manage to be healthy, even when "real life" gets thrown our way. You are amazing!

Trazey - I can relate to your experience with the rich foods. I went to a buffet a few weeks ago with some friends for my hubby's birthday and it was very interesting to see what I would have ate before right along with them. I think the greatest gift of starting "the journey" is awareness. No one can take that away...feels good!

beaka - Thanks for the info. on the shred - if it can help me reach your level of success...count me in!

raebeaR- Way to do what's right for YOU. I think we all need to step back from situations sometimes to reassess why we are doing what we are doing. The only thing is...who are we going to get our entertainment from now...haha

slashnl - You are just so inspiring. I've been trying to get the courage up enough to join a class at the gym but am just terrified for some reason. You make me believe that I can do it some day...

Beverlyjoy - Hope you had a great rest of the day yesterday and a wonderful visit with your friend!

rakel - Hope you are hanging in there and CONGRATS on the new amazing house! :D

Well today looks like this:
b - apple, high fiber cereal, coconut milk - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - garden burger, sandwich thin, mozzerella cheese - 5
s - orange - 1
d - homemade whole wheat pizza - 8
s - whole wheat macaroons - 3 (found out they are a point less...yahoo!)

Exercise - 60 minutes cardio

Have a beautiful day and thank you all for the inspiration and support! What an amazing group of women...:hug:

Beverlyjoy
02-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi chicks - yesterday went well. I stayed on my plan which included KFC 395 calories grilled chicken meal for dinner. The small pieces of chicken had skin of course - but, I wanted it, it was included in the calories - but, I felt guilty eating it. It messed with my mind all evening. Isn't that crazy???

Some day I will have sanity with food!

This morning was two programs at a childcare center. First performances in three weeks. I had to reschedule several because of being so sick in January. Glad to be home...icing my foot and heat on my back. LOL

for today

breakfast - ww English Muffin, pnb, clementine
lunch - lean pocket (turkey, brocolli, cheese) red pepper strips
dinner - salmon, cauliflower, ww noodles
snack - cereal, .5 banana, skim milk.

brandijune - wow, 60 minutes on the eliptical is fantastic! Go girl.

soulnic - I agree....music can just get a person going. Thanks for the reminder.

mj - good thinking on getting the good stuff at the grocery. I think it helps when the healthy stuff is around. I am goihng to make chicken and white bean chili - cousin's are coming over.

dgrammie - kudos for getting healthy at mcd's. Enjoy that baby, Grandma.

trazey - stopping at one bite of the pita is great.

beaka - shovelling snow is great cardio! good plan.

raebear - I hate it when the scale play with those same pounds! Stay with your plan and the scale will smile. Remember to give yourself credit for all the healthy you do.

slash - I LOVE stretching - once you get into it - you'll want to do it often. Good for you doing something new.

lottie - glad tom is over for you - you can get those three pounds back off

Shout out to anyone I might have forgot. Have a healthy day. We are waiting for a big snow storm to come Friday and Saturday.

Slashnl
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi all. Late post for me. I took off from work at noon to do some running around and to use up some of my personal time that is stacking up. What that means is that I had to hurry to get stuff done in the morning so that I could leave the office. Ugh!

I couldn't go work out today. My knee was hurting last night and was even worse today. Back in December I hurt it in the spin class and although it is better, I guess it wasn't 100%. So, I think that the yoga part of that class yesterday aggravated it. So, I put a support thing on it today and I'll hope that it is better tomorrow. Sigh. I missed spin today.

Well, have a great rest of the day everyone.

Beverlyjoy
02-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi chicks! - yesterday went well. I am so grateful!

for today:

log food and water
fork down between bites, sit while eating, no seconds
remind myself WHY I want to do this
exercise
lots of water
get ready for the storm (go to grocery)
stretches and strengthening

breakfast - whole wheat english muffin, grapes, pnb
lunch - egg white scramble, mushrooms, pepperoni, lite cheese, 1/2 c. green peas
dinner - hamburger/tomatoes/elbows - goulash, cauliflower with parm cheese,
snack - rice cakes, laughing cow cheese, fiber one.

Have a GREAT day, friends.

dgramie
02-05-2010, 07:45 AM
I am out of healthy food!! Time to get in groceries before snow makes an appearance.
breakfast- oatmeal coffee-3pt
lunch-?
dinner_?

mj5
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday was a good day food wise! We made our version of healthy pizzas for dinner and they were SO good! It's funny, but last weekend, we ordered pizza from what used to be our favorite place, it tasted horrible to both of us! We won't be doing that again!

soulnik--Good for you for working out w/ your team!

lottie--Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. I can eat pasta anytime! YUM!

brandi--great job on the elliptical!!!

Beverlyjoy--How were your performances? Ice, Ice, Ice! I need to follow my own advice again! ;) Yea, I really like the healthy stuff...actually more than the not healthy stuff--I just have to make sure I buy a variety of it, or I get bored. Mm, your chili sounds good!

Diane--Take care of that knee!!!

I am started to get excited about cooking again. Really. I love to cook, when I have the time. I like to know what is in my food, instead of using too many 'quick' items. Tonight I am making what I call "lemony pasta"....it is whole wheat pasta tossed w/ sauteed mushrooms, fresh parsley, sauteed garlic (LOTS of garlic!!), chicken breast, lemon zest, and a little grated cheese. It's actually adapted from a "real" recipe and to be honest...the lemon zest almost made me not make this the first time, but it is SO good and light and yummy!

Slashnl
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi all. I'm not very happy today. My knee is better, but I know I need to rest it for a few days... so no working out. Not working out gives me anxiety. I know, stupid, but that's how it is.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

soulnik
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Chicas,

In meetings all day so just saying hi. Afraid the snow will be a challenge...stuck in the house with all my food! YIKES! In a funky mood but trying to overcome it. Worked out this morning. Planning to spend a lot of time with the Wii this weekend. Food is good.

Have a good day!!!

brandijune44
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm super busy with work today but wanted to check in and say "hello!" Have a great weekend everyone...I'll be back on Monday :)

Brandi

Beverlyjoy
02-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was another healthy day - I am so grateful. I actually had to eat extra in the evening because I had eaten too few calories. (that's amazing!)

It's very very snowy here. We are staying in. I'll make the chili for the Super Bowl,

Today

exercise
fork down between bites, no seconds, eat only when seated
remind myself of all the good choices I make during the day
lots of water
talk to my tastebuds - TASTE the food - eat mindfully
think about hunger- vs- desire - vs cravings
log food and calories

breakfast - turkey and lite mayo on lite bread, 1/2 banana
lunch - creamed peas with tuna, cauliflower with parm
dinner - probably left over goulash, steamed carrots
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, milk, dark chocolate

I hope you all have a great day. If you are in the snow zone - take care!

soulnik
02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Chicas,

I just wrote out a message and lost it. I hate that! The jist of it was that I'm snowed in and concerned about eating out of boredom. I plan to shovel snow, play with the Wii and do some cardioke to stay active.

I've had this feeling of dread and doom for the last week. Don't know why. My birthday is next week and I wonder if it has something to do with getting older....Hmmmm.

Anywho...have a good day today!

rakel
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Holy crap. I can't believe it's the weekend already. Wasn't it just Monday?

Anyway, I finally got some new clothes today. I've been putting it off because I had some gift cards to the Avenue and wanted to wait until I could get the next size down.

BUT... I just needed pants, same size or not. I have 4 pair that need mending as they are ripped, seams coming undone, buttons popped off, and I just haven't had a chance to do it yet. Plus, some of them are just getting loose. One pair that is ripped are 26s which are too big now. I may try and take them in when I am fixing the rip. I have a pair of 24s from the Avenue which fit fine in the store, but once I wear them all day they are literally falling down on me, and they have no belt loops (that is, if I even wore belts). I may try and take those in too. The point of all of this is, is that my pants selection every day seems to be getting more and more narrow.

SO, I finally took my butt over to the Avenue with a coupon for some sweaters, and began my new jean hunt. I got jeans instead of trousers because there aren't many occasions where I can't just wear jeans, and I find them more comfortable than trousers. I tried on just about every jean in the store in a size 24, and while they fit, I just thought about the other pair of 24s I got from the Avenue, so I decided to take a bold step and try the 22s. Bingo. 95% of them fit perfectly, there was only 1 pair I tried on that were a little tight. So I bought 2 pair that will hopefully last me a little while until I can buy some 20s! Oh, and the sweater coupon I had? I was practically swimming in the 22/24, so I tried the 18/20 and that fit so much better. I think the Avenue has some size flattering going on, but I was happy to be down a size -- that's what I wanted to use my gift card for.

I can't leave the Avenue without getting some jewelry... everyone compliments me on whatever I wear from there and it's cheap. I got 2 flower rings and a pair of earrings for $24.

Anyway, I thought I just had to tell you all about my shopping. Usually it's a bad experience because I have to get a size LARGER than what I anticipated. :)

rakel
02-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to add that I did my Wii Fit exercises today and I'm down to 308.4, which means I'm .6lbs away from 20lbs lost!! Pretty soon I'll be able to put up another -5lbs in my siggy :) I also took my measurements today, and I can definitely see that I've lost some inches. I started out with a 56" waist and now I'm at 51". I've had two wooshes in a row... so that gives me the confidence to just keep persevering even when the scale isn't moving because it could come off all at once like that.

rakel
02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow, I'm the only one in here today!

Went to Chick-fil-A on our way to IKEA (to look at new furniture for the house!) and didn't even think twice about replacing fries with a salad with fat free honey mustard dressing, even though a salad is not exactly the easiest thing to eat in the car. I ate that first, and then ate the grilled chicken sandwich but I got full so I didn't finish it. *I would have normally finished it anyway* but again, didn't even think twice about throwing it away. I feel like a new woman practically. Who am I and what did I do with the real Rakel? ;) I think I like the new Rakel better.

Beverlyjoy
02-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi friends.....yesterday was a good healthy day. I am so grateful to be stringing together so many good days.

Today is the Super Bowlll at our house. Our cousins are coming over. The food will be sensible. Quite a change from the food fest of many years ago.

My foot is very sore this morning - so it's time to 'baby it' (stay off and lots of ice)

today
breakfast - english muffine and pnb, clementine
lunch - open face turkey & cheese with mayo, mashed cauliflower
snack - fiber bar, clemintine
dinner - white bean chicken chili, corn bread, veggies and dip
snack - cereal, fruit,

Have a great day!

mj5
02-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone! I did LOTS of cleaning yesterday....probably too much....my knee really hurts today. So, ice and rest for me today!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Slashnl
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone. Well, my knee seems better now. I'm just not sure what to do with working out this week. I guess I better take it easy. I'm acting like a child right now, pouting about working out. I was so excited to really hit it hard last week and really ramp things up. So, I'll be having a few talks with myself today.

Had an issue with my daughter yesterday (long story, typical teenager stuff, but she's in trouble with us now). It really brought me down. I miss the days of her not liking boys, and just wanting to play.