Momentum / Flex - I guess eating all your flex points is the trick...

oodlesofnoodles
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
So I decided to listen to all you guys, and my first week on WW (third time ever) I ate all my flex points. I ate a skinny cow every day, and I ate fish sticks, home made french fries, and cake yesterday (it was worth every point...), and I weighed in today.

And I lost 6.8. I seriously almost peed my pants.

I feel really good. I can do this.

Happy sunday guys.

Shytowngal
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
WOW. Way to go! What recipe do you use for your homemade fries?

oodlesofnoodles
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks!! And I'm not actually sure, my boyfriend's grandma made them. I just know they smelled deliciously unhealthy lol.

daisygrl
02-01-2010, 12:36 PM
That's awesome! WTG on the 6.8 lbs- AMAZING!! I seem to do better too when I use my flex points!!

Amy9
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Woo hoo! That is great news!!!

IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME
02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow! Congrats on the 6.8lbs! Keep up the great work.

snapplegirl69
02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Congrats! Thats an awesome loss

loseit1977
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
So I decided to listen to all you guys, and my first week on WW (third time ever) I ate all my flex points. I ate a skinny cow every day, and I ate fish sticks, home made french fries, and cake yesterday (it was worth every point...), and I weighed in today.

And I lost 6.8. I seriously almost peed my pants.

I feel really good. I can do this.

Happy sunday guys.

CONGRATS !!

Could you tell me how you make your fish sticks?
THANK YOU

going2dabeach
02-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Okay.. I'm new to this. Actually today is my first day. When you say "flex" points, is that the additional 35 points you are given for the week or your initial points?

oodlesofnoodles
02-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Yeah, that's the 35 extra points. I think they're also called "weekly points allowance". I'm just used to saying flex lol.

And btw, the fish sticks came from a bag. I didn't really do the cooking unfortunately so I don't really know what kind they were, sorry =[

ibcnuldu
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I also find that when I use all of my weekly points I lose more weight :)

mageorge
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Help! I am new to weight watchers as of January, not in "officially", bought the kit from e-bay. I was sticking to 19 points, the amount I had figured out for my weight and height, and I did lose about 7 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then all of the sudden, I gained 4 pounds. I did absolutely nothing different except exercising for 15 to 30 minutes more a night, for a total of 60 to 90 minutes. I did not eat the 35 weekly points, or the activity points. I am so discouraged. Someone suggested that I was not eating enough to support my activity level. I have added 5 more points to my day this week but I am so incredibly scared that I am going to gain a bunch of weight. I would appreciate any guidance/advice you all might be able to give me. Thanks in advance!

QuilterInVA
03-07-2010, 02:48 PM
You aren't eating enough for the exercise you are doing. Eating too little for an extended time can slow your metabolism. WW was formulated to use out WAPs and APs and still lose.

mageorge
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. I stepped on the scale today and I had lost roughly a pound since raising my points. I added 5 points to each day. It feels "weird" to be eating what seems to be so much. I weigh in on Fridays at school for our biggest loser contest so hopefully I will have a good loss for this week. Any other pointers that anyone can give me, I will be very grateful. Have a great Tuesday evening!

beautybuff89
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
thats AMAZING!!!! you should be so proud! and i completely agree. eating your flex points definitely keeps your metabolism revved up!

behndthezblueyez
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Yayy!! Thats great!!! I was apprehensive at first and though that eating less points would equal more weight loss but I figured out that this wasnt the case at all!!!

jillfiredup
05-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I am in maintenance now but when I was still losing I absolutely needed to use both my wp(s) and my ap(s). My metabolism would slow when I didn't. I would still lose, but would gain when I inevitably did use them. And after all, that is what the WW lifestyle is all about.

Ellie Krieger has a great recipe for fish sticks by the way. Google it on Food Network. I subbed tilapia for whatever she used (I think it was cod)

vesperpt
06-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Im so glad that I've found people who lose when using their weekly points allowance. Tomorrow is my 3rd meeting, so 2nd weigh in since start. Last week I didnt lose even ONE pound and was so discouraged. Ive used some weekly points this week and Im hoping I've lost.