Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Default February Thread

Has anyone taken a break from the vitamins, EFA's or what have you? Have you noticed any issues by doing so?

Wondering if my hankering for 'something good' is caused by skipping the vitamins, etc for a couple of weeks (not for any good reason)?

The thought just occurred to me as I haven't fallen off plan and know that I've just been sloppy about taking the pills but really wish I had something tasty.

I did however, get up and took them after dinner with my water of course!

Happy February everyone!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

I haven't taken a break from the vits yet. I do remember being told they prevented constipation and reduced cravings. Hope that helps.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Has anyone taken a break from the vitamins, EFA's or what have you? Have you noticed any issues by doing so?

Wondering if my hankering for 'something good' is caused by skipping the vitamins, etc for a couple of weeks (not for any good reason)?

The thought just occurred to me as I haven't fallen off plan and know that I've just been sloppy about taking the pills but really wish I had something tasty.

I did however, get up and took them after dinner with my water of course!

Happy February everyone!

I take a multi vitamin, calcium, Vitamin D and Omega 3-6-9 everyday. With the reduced amount of food/calories I believe it's very important for our bodies to have the required nutrition. By the way, I don't purchase my vitamins at MRC, they are just too expensive!! Usually I get them at GNC or SAMS Club. I drink well over 64 ounces of water but am beginning to become constipated!! This just started happening this week, is anyone else having this similar issue? Any ideas or suggestions? I even started working out last week and nothing is improving.........
Going to WI on Monday, excited to see how I've done. Due to the snow/ice it's been almost a week in a half since I WI... wish me luck!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriebaby2009 View Post
I take a multi vitamin, calcium, Vitamin D and Omega 3-6-9 everyday. With the reduced amount of food/calories I believe it's very important for our bodies to have the required nutrition. By the way, I don't purchase my vitamins at MRC, they are just too expensive!! Usually I get them at GNC or SAMS Club. I drink well over 64 ounces of water but am beginning to become constipated!! This just started happening this week, is anyone else having this similar issue? Any ideas or suggestions? I even started working out last week and nothing is improving.........
Going to WI on Monday, excited to see how I've done. Due to the snow/ice it's been almost a week in a half since I WI... wish me luck!!!
Good luck @ WI
Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  

This is a test to see if my tracker is working.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriebaby2009 View Post
Your answer is Fiber. Buy lots of Benefiber and fiber one. Or eat Apples or berries. MRC diet is low on calories, sugar, salt AND fiber. But fiber is the good stuff we need, to stay regular. I am telling you from my experience, that you absolutely need fiber. What i do is i pour fiber into my HNS or mix it with cottage cheese with my snack.

hope it helps
Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Default Back in the saddle

HI all,

January was tough. Mentally i wasnt up to sticking to the plan, first the crappy weather, then a couple of weeks of having people over from Holland for work and entertaining them each night, were good excuses. I have not been to the center for 3 weeks and have cheated like ****, pizza's, steaks, deserts, you name them.
I joined a new gym at the beginning of Jan as well, but i think i've only been there 5 times.

Where as most people started their journeys at the beginning of a new year, i guess i took a mental from mine. But now i am back and hoping that i can count on the excellent support of the wonderful people on this forum again. I have not weighed in yet, and i am thinking of making an appointment with my favorite counsellor on Wednesday and go and just talk to her for a bit.

Hope evreyone else had a better Jan, then i did. Here is to a new month!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabeelmalik View Post
Your answer is Fiber. Buy lots of Benefiber and fiber one. Or eat Apples or berries. MRC diet is low on calories, sugar, salt AND fiber. But fiber is the good stuff we need, to stay regular. I am telling you from my experience, that you absolutely need fiber. What i do is i pour fiber into my HNS or mix it with cottage cheese with my snack.

hope it helps
Thanks for the suggestion, I do eat an apple a day for my fruit. Apparently, that's just not working... will try the Fiber.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #9  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello,

Just letting you know what I do. I've found a fiber brand that has no additives. No sugar, 3 calories and .05 g of fat. It's Konsyl. You can find it at Wal-Mart with all the other fiber products.
I mix 1 heaping tsp with 8 oz of water and a half packet of crystal light (I use the off brand). For best results I put it in a bottle and shake shake shake. Drink it fast because it will thicken. It works really well, you can do this 2 to 3 times a day if symptoms are severe.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 01-31-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabeelmalik View Post
HI all,

January was tough. Mentally i wasnt up to sticking to the plan, first the crappy weather, then a couple of weeks of having people over from Holland for work and entertaining them each night, were good excuses. I have not been to the center for 3 weeks and have cheated like ****, pizza's, steaks, deserts, you name them.
I joined a new gym at the beginning of Jan as well, but i think i've only been there 5 times.

Where as most people started their journeys at the beginning of a new year, i guess i took a mental from mine. But now i am back and hoping that i can count on the excellent support of the wonderful people on this forum again. I have not weighed in yet, and i am thinking of making an appointment with my favorite counsellor on Wednesday and go and just talk to her for a bit.

Hope evreyone else had a better Jan, then i did. Here is to a new month!
New month,clean slate!

Be HOPEFUL not HOPELESS

Old 01-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

I really think the supps and the hns + fiber really help with the cravings. I'm HORRIBLE when it comes to "cheating" and I'm pretty proud of myself that I've made it 7 days without going off plan.

The cookbook has helped, as I can try something new every day.

I was at the grocery store today and it was terrible - valentine's candy, cupcakes and cookies everywhere, but I was strong and just walked away...since when do they put cupcakes in the veggie section?!?

Don't dwell on the past, live in the moment...leave it behind.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I can't believe it's February already.. Where did January go? My whole house has been sick for the last 4 days. I've still got this horrible cough.. I've been eating off plan. I'm back on program this morning.. Still not feeling great, but better get back on the wagon..

February is going to be a great month..
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I love the MRC fiber drink (FULLFILL MIXED FRUIT). I mix it into my grapefruit HNS. I mean I adore the two flavors mixed. Don't miss tea and coffee, when I can have this yummy drink -- Not at all.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #14  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

Nabeel,
Welcome back on the wagon!!
Hope you have continued success!!
Your new pic looks GREAT btw!!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223.5/215/150

Height: 5'6

Went to WI on Saturday (after my 1st week BACK on plan) and I lost 4.5 pounds!! Woo Hoo...I'm so glad that I came back to MRC. In just a week I feel so much better. I can even button a pair of jeans that were too small just a week ago!
Closed Thread