Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #1  

Default hi everybody.

im new to the board and joined because i need emotional support to reach my goal weight. as much as i would love to turn to my family or friends i cant because they have all been skinny there whole lives and simply wouldnt understand what im going through. im 17 years old and i weigh 174 lbs. i would love to slim down to 125 hopefully by the my birthday which is on june 21st. please tell me if you think that realistic. i try to exersize when ever i have time and i try very hard not to eat the foods i love (which isnt easy for me) does anyone have any tips or comments ?
saraxlovesxyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I think it is possible to lose 50 pounds by your birthday, but it varies from person to person. Weight loss can be slow at times, and that is when it can be easy to give up. Think of this as a change that you will adopt of the rest of your life, not just in order to get down to a certain weight by a certain date. I can tell you this for sure: if you start today and really commit to losing weight you will weigh less on your birthday than you do today. You will be glad you started and will feel great.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sara!
It is hard to stay on track when those around you don't really understand, that's why there are so many of us here - your goal is totally attainable, maybe break it up into 5 or 10 pound mini-goals so it doesn't seem so overwhelming and you can feel good about your progress - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - here's to an even more fabulous you at 18,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote