Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #1  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Default DON'T let this wintry weather blow your progress!!!

Hey guys, it just occurred to me as I was eating breakfast, that a lot of us here in the south are gonna be snowed in for a couple of days or so - DO NOT use that as an excuse to start binge-eating! I know it's tempting, being stuck inside with nothing much to do BUT eat, but don't turn to comfort foods to get you through the winter storm!

There's nothing like being all cozy and warm, looking out at the blanket of snow to make you want hot chocolate and fresh-baked cookies...I could go for some myself right now, haha...but I WON'T, because I've come TOO far to let boredom and restlessness cause me to start pigging out!!

So, while you're stuck inside, use that time wisely - make use of your treadmill, workout DVD or just put on some fast-paced music and dance - even go online and chat or call a friend...just do what you have to to get food off your mind and fat off your behind!!!

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!
Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

it is amazing that we allll seem to have the same thought patterns around food! it is 9:23am and I have already put on a crock pot and put a pot roast on the stove! (just to keep myself busy!).... i love the idea of the loud music/dancing... me and my boys love to do this!!! (they are 5 and nearly2)

thanks for the reminder and encouragement!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #3  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'3"

You're welcome, happy! I know how I used to love to eat - and still would if I didn't try to keep my mind busy, and I know others are the same way - if we weren't, we wouldn't be HERE, would we? Haha...

In case you're wondering, yes I posted this in several different places on the site - I wanted to get the word out. I know how easy it is to back-slide, and I don't want my "sisters in success" to go through it too!

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!

Last edited by Cute n Chunky; 01-30-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm in MN, so if I used snow as an excuse to fall off the wagon, well, I'd be in BIG trouble! There is that mindset though, I remember the first snow of this season, it made me want to go to the grocery store and stock up on my favorites and just eat all weekend alone. But I resisted, and now that the ground has been white for a few months now, I've gotten used to it.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

"just do what you have to to get food off your mind and fat off your behind!!!"

I'm going to print this off and put it on my refrigerator door!!!
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #6  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I agree paris81, living in IL if I used the snow as an excuse I'd weigh a ton or so by now! lol Don't let the snow slow ya down girls, just cuz it's 10 degrees out and 1 foot of snow on the ground doesn't mean you can't go for a run! Although I agree that snow makes me want hot chocolate pretty bad.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate - 25 cals in a cup...... Beats a chocolate craving, warms you up, and won't kill your diet! =)
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote