Mini-Goals - First week of Weight Watchers!

View Full Version : First week of Weight Watchers!

Cute n Chunky
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I just wanted to share my happiness with everyone - I lost 5 lbs my first week at Weight Watchers!!! I was ecstatic when the lady told me my weight for the week...and that was only 5 out of 30 counting the 25 I'd lost prior to joining! It only took me 3 weeks to lose the first 20, then the next 5 was a bit harder, but I kept on pressing on.

I feel like this is a great accomplishment, considering I had only expected to lose 1 or 2 lbs the first week of WW. Now I can't wait for my niece and I to take our monthly measurements...if the pounds are coming off, the inches must be too!! =]

~April~ :df::df::df::df::df::df: - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!!

cherbear
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Great job!! That first weigh in is so exciting!! That's awesome!

luckysusan
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Good job, Don't give up on weight watchers. I've been on it since the end of July, losing slow but very happy now and 39 pounds lighter.

ChrisForLess
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Congratulations!

Cute n Chunky
01-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Thanks cherbear, it was pretty exciting, and kind of funny too...my friend Kim who joined with me lost 4.6 lbs, while I lost 5.6. The director was joking about how everyone starves themselves on weigh-in day so they'll weigh less. I nodded and told Kim that I hadn't eaten lunch or dinner yet - not on purpose, but because I was so busy. She told me she had eaten dinner before she came. When we were handed our bookmarks, and I got a star for the first 5 lbs, Kim mumbled under her breath, "Damn them hotdogs..." LOL!!

~April~ :df::df::df::df::df::df: - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!

Cute n Chunky
01-30-2010, 01:56 AM
Good job, Don't give up on weight watchers. I've been on it since the end of July, losing slow but very happy now and 39 pounds lighter. Thanks for the advice Susan...I plan on sticking with it - it gives me something to look forward to, and makes me more conscious of what I eat and how much I work out, honestly because I don't want to be shamed by weighing in heavier than the week before, lol! Hey, whatever works! :shrug: LOL!

Cute n Chunky
01-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks Chris! I'm really glad I found this website - there are so many good people here who are all going through the same ordeal. I find it hard to relate to my friends who're thin, and incredibly, my heavy friends, some heavier than I, tell me they don't care anything about losing weight - they even act as if they resent me for trying...but I know it's all an act. If anything, they envy me for having the initiative to do something about MY weight...hopefully once they see my progress, I'll inspire them to do the same! :)

yossarianlives
01-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Big weekly losses are so exciting! Congrats! :D

bridietogo
01-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Wow.. what a start. Well done. Hope all goes well for you.

Staczy
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Great Job :carrot::carrot::carrot:

sheilaer61
01-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Weight Watchers is how I have lost mind too. It works and I will get ot my goal "this year. " I am working towards.. WE CAN DO IT !!!!!!

hometowngirl
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome!! Congrats on the weight you lost before joining WW too!! Keep moving on down the scale!! :goodscale