Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default If U are Doing Belly Fat Cure..Read

Hi All!

I started a new thread because I wanted to talk about shopping for the Belly Fat Cure.

It is not expensive. I want to say that first and foremost. I am down about 24 pounds since January 1 when I started the diet. For me, it was the easiest diet in the world to start. I had read some reviews about this being an "expensive diet" and it really is not. I just went grocery shopping again yesterday for the family, the weekly shopping and my grocery bill has dropped $50 a week for a family of 4. You don't have to buy all the products in the book. I think I have only bought 4 maybe. The Almond milk (tastes great!), Zevia soda, Exekiel Bread (good, but I prefer the low carb wraps I am finding) and Truvia. The rest is just stuff in the store and I portion correctly.

I live in New England and we have the stores called, STOP and SHOP which is similar to Krogers in the South. I keep finding great products that work well with this diet. Yesterday, I bought the Stop and Shop light wheat hot dog buns which are 18 grams of carbs and 0 Sugar. I cut one in half and had two hot dogs and some slaw (can't take the South out of the girl!) and it was very satisfying. I am also finding things like "LAVASH" bread which is a flat tortilla type of bread that is 22 gms of carbs and 0 Sugar. It is so huge, I literally cut it in half to make a wrap. I was at Stop and Shop and found the Heinz Low Sugar Ketchup in the regular ol' supermarket. There were only 4 bottles and Ibought them up and they were about $2.69. Now, my whole family enjoys the low sugar ketchup. Not just me and my son. So, my point is to look at the labels in your supermarket and make informed decisions about how something can fit into your wallet and diet.

Also, Amazon has this dessert cookbook, Sweeten Your Life the Xyitol Way and another Low Carb Baking book called, The Low Carb Baking and Dessert Cookbook. Both are excellent and I am not even a baker. The second book uses a combination of sweeteners, but the author suggests using what you are comfortable with..the sweeteners she uses are primarily Stevia, Xylitol and Sucralose. I won't use the Sucralose, but it is nice to know I can work the recipes with the sweeteners I am comfortable with and use.

Working out. Although it is not necessary to work out on this diet, I do workout for between 10 and 45 minutes each time. I average about 30 minutes, but I have gone as long as 65 minutes. That is just me. I like the feel of doing something everyday. I have found Cross Training to be my favorite form of working out. I would humbly suggest just doing something for 15 minutes a day that make you feel good. It could be dancing to your favorite music, doing a Leslie Sansone tape/Debra Mazda Shapely Girl walking tape or walking around your block. I find with this diet my ENERGY went through the ROOF and it still is very high even though I work full time, have a husband, teenager, a school age child and I am starting back in school to do a Masters in the fall in the evening. I find that exercise gets off steam, releases pressure and just makes me feel better. I am sometimes up at 1:00 in the morning when everyone is sleep to get a workout in. Again, this diet has given me so much energy, I have to do something with it. I require less sleep now as well.

Living sugar free/low sugar is great!! Also, now that I don't drink cow's milk, I feel so much better. Believe me, I love milk, but the unsweetend Chocolate and Vanilla almond milk make great substitutes and if it is a "little thin" for you, just add a little cream to make it thicker. Also, I never measure my protein. I eat until I am full and you will find your stomach/appetite decreasing a great deal on this diet.

This week coming up is "my time of the month". I don't expect to lose much this week, but you never know!

Best!
SistaDiva2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

I started today. I am looking forward to it, I haven't done low carb in a while, but Ezekial is the only product I eat anyways so that isn't a bigdeal for me. The only thing is, I can't find Xylitol here on PEI, Saturday I am going searching!! haha. Thanks for the post!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #3  

Default Jenny G

Hi Jenny!

Good luck with starting. I found it to be such an easy transition and the only things I bought when I started were the Zevia soda, the Ezekiel Bread and Truvia.

It hasn't changed much since then. I am only buying the Xylitol because I want to have something sweet on the weekends.

Prince Edward Island looks like a beautiful place to live!! I am in Boston.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

I can't get Truvia here, so I use Krisda which is 0/0 and I always used that anyways so really not much has changed except I am looking forward to using some of the recipes and I would like to find Xylitol so I can do some baking and whatnot. Unfortunetly we don't get Zevia here either, however I am making a trip to the states in March and I imagine my first stop will be a grocery store! lol.
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/236/135

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Hey sistaDiva. I've been following your posts. I am so happy to see how well you've done. I am on day 26. I started on Jan 11. The first week i did so well, I lost 8.5 pounds. The second week, i was on my "cycle" and didin't think i would lose at all, but i lost another 2 pounds. Week 3 (last week) I fell off the wagon hard and gained 4 pounds back )= Now all week this week I have been working so hard, and i have only been able to lose 1 pound so far, the moment of truth is always mondays for me though, but i weigh every morning to make sure i am still on track. What am I doing wrong. Did you ever stall your first month? I mean I really really need to get this weight off, my son will be 4 years old (he is the baby i have 3 girls too) in june and it is no longer an excuse that i've had kids and that's why i'm fat. NO WAY, i've got to get this weight off and I feel confident in this plan but i am struggeling now, Do you have any crazy tips for me that maybe i am missing? I didn't buy the book, i think i will though, just to have something to reference, and for different meal ideas. UGH, please help me! Thanks!
heatherwags444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #6  

Default Stalls and GEtting over them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwags444 View Post
Hey sistaDiva. I've been following your posts. I am so happy to see how well you've done. I am on day 26. I started on Jan 11. The first week i did so well, I lost 8.5 pounds. The second week, i was on my "cycle" and didin't think i would lose at all, but i lost another 2 pounds. Week 3 (last week) I fell off the wagon hard and gained 4 pounds back )= Now all week this week I have been working so hard, and i have only been able to lose 1 pound so far, the moment of truth is always mondays for me though, but i weigh every morning to make sure i am still on track. What am I doing wrong. Did you ever stall your first month? I mean I really really need to get this weight off, my son will be 4 years old (he is the baby i have 3 girls too) in june and it is no longer an excuse that i've had kids and that's why i'm fat. NO WAY, i've got to get this weight off and I feel confident in this plan but i am struggeling now, Do you have any crazy tips for me that maybe i am missing? I didn't buy the book, i think i will though, just to have something to reference, and for different meal ideas. UGH, please help me! Thanks!
Hang in there! We all have our moments! I am on my "cycle" this week. I actually started today. I was "bloating" the week before as I have endometriosis and I tend to retain water. What has helped me stay focused on this program is truly and deep down realizing that this is a lifestyle change for me. The only (2) things I have to do is give up sugar and limit my carbs to 120 grams a day. Now, once I accepted that, then I was able to move forward.

Yes, we all get the "sweet cravings" when we are meeting up with AUNT FLO and I am no different than any other woman. I CRAVED chocolate something terrible this week. My saving grace has been the "BLUE DIAMOND UNSWEETENED CHOCOLATE ALMOND MILK". I take a glass of that, add two Truvias and a splash or two of creme and make sure everything is very cold..and BAM!! It is soooo good, thick, rich and creamy! It tastes so fabulous that I am completely satisfied. Cream makes the almond milk so creamy and with that unctuous fattiness of the cream; it feels decadent in the mouth.

Exercise has given me a way to deal with stress and the "anxiety" of dieting. Most eveyrone I know who says they are "dieting"..well, we get "stressed". Even though I accepted that this is truly a lifestyle change for me, in the beginning I had to occupy my mind and anxiety with something and I chose exercise. I started out doing 10 minutes of Ellen Barret's Barefoot cardio which is a mixture of yoga, pilates and aerobics. It wasn't stress to my joints and she is not "bubbly"..Bubbly and aerobics is something I detest. It is a video that gets you moving, flexible and you can get things "moving". It was "my time" for me and I hear you loud and clear! I am married with 2 kids (teenager and grade schooler) and I work outside of the home. I felt like I was worth 10 minutes a day to make my body stronger. There are so many dvds and even on cable, you can find exercise ON DEMAND. I think as women, wives and mothers we have so many people depending on us and it is imperative that we take care of ourselves because we can only enhance our lives for self and others. Start out slow and add 5 minutes a week.

Like me, I am sure you don't want to cook 2 different meals at night. When I make dishes like Chili, Spaghetti, Meatloaf..I use low carb tomato products. I have seen them in the store and use those.. When I buy pasta, I look for the lowest carb, highest fiber and lowest sugar. You are cooking for a family. If you know you are having Spaghetti with meat sauce for the evening. Got light on the carbs doing breakfast and lunch and then serve yourself a measured cup of and 1/2 of Spaghetti and sauce. Make your own salad dressing. Most of them have tons of sugar. I make my own blue cheese or ranch with sour cream, regular mayo, a little cream and blue cheese and dry mustard and seasonings...or I will do a vinegar and oil.

Tortilla wraps are my best friend. I use them all the time. I prefer them now to bread.

Iced Tea with a little lemon and Truvia and Zevia soda are my stand bys..

Drink as much water as you can daily...

If I get hungry or snacky, I opt for some cheese and meat and that keeps it at bay.

Also, FIGIS and QVC have sweets made with Maltitol. The Juniors SUgar free cheesecake is YUMMY!! Just take out what you want to eat and keep the rest frozen.

Those are the things that I do, I hope it was helpful.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/236/135

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

THANKS so much for responding to my post! I appreciate it. I think after reading it i've come to realize just maybe I am doing what i'm supposed to be doing and some days and weeks are just going to be different. Not all weeks are going to be gigantic weight loss, maybe i was just retaining water over night, who knows. but i don't feel discouraged anymore, thanks to you. (= I am going to keep at it for sure. I'm turning 30 this year, and bythe time that happens at the end of may, i kNOW i will be a much healthier happier BETTER ME!
heatherwags444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #8  

Default Heather...U R Welcome!

I am so happy to help!

If you ever want to "splurge"..Juniors Cheesecake from QVC has the best cheesecake that is no sugar and made with Maltitol. They have a plain and a sampler. It tastes just like the "sugar" version. It is so rich and good, you will only be able to eat a small bite. It is so worth it. I take a small section and let the rest stay in the freezer. It will easily last a month.

Have a great Superbowl weekend!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #9  

Has anyone found any SF preserves besides the Nature's Hollow ones? I usually use the Trader Joe's Organic Low Sugar preserves but they have 6g sugar and that is a little too much for one item!!! Are the Polaner's items OK - I think they are made with Splenda? Does anyone feel very strongly about occasional use of aspartame or sucralose?
clearlyfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #10  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SistaDiva2001 View Post
I am so happy to help!

If you ever want to "splurge"..Juniors Cheesecake from QVC has the best cheesecake that is no sugar and made with Maltitol. They have a plain and a sampler. It tastes just like the "sugar" version. It is so rich and good, you will only be able to eat a small bite. It is so worth it. I take a small section and let the rest stay in the freezer. It will easily last a month.

Have a great Superbowl weekend!!!
I'm going to make my own low carb cheesecake as there is no way that I can afford to pay $32.00 plus shipping for one cheesecake just for me LOL. My husband would have a stroke if I paid that much. He's pretty good about me buying diet stuff but I find that to be astronomical. If you have the money to pay for it go for it but some of us that are tight on cash will have to become Low Carb Betty Crockers.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #11  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

I just started BFC yesterday. I was hours into doing the 4 Day Diet on Monday when my coworker's BFC book arrived in the mail. I flipped through it, saw that Cheez Its were "Belly Good" snacks and instantly knew that this was the diet for ME! LOL (Cheez Its are my favorite.)

We got some Zevia and we share a can in that afternoon slump time when we're wanting a Diet Coke. If we share, we don't have to count it as a carb since it's under 5g.

I found Mission Carb Balance flour tortillas and I honestly can't tell the difference between them and the regular ones. They're SO good and they're 0/1 for a medium one (which is pretty big.)

I also got some shaved parmesan and eat a few like chips when I'm craving a snack. They're 0/0.

We had a soccer game last night so we were busy, and I was so glad to be able to pick up two Tacos Supreme (with sour cream! Yay!) for dinner and stay on plan. I got unsweetened tea as my drink and was happy as a clam.

My coworker keeps worrying about fat and I keep telling her to quit. It's the SUGAR and CARBS we're focusing on here! Old habits die hard.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #12  

Default $32 @ 6 months equals $5 a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I'm going to make my own low carb cheesecake as there is no way that I can afford to pay $32.00 plus shipping for one cheesecake just for me LOL. My husband would have a stroke if I paid that much. He's pretty good about me buying diet stuff but I find that to be astronomical. If you have the money to pay for it go for it but some of us that are tight on cash will have to become Low Carb Betty Crockers.
Hi Steels!
Honey, I am a fabulous cook, but baking bores me to death. A chef friend of mine said that people are either "Chefs" or "Bakers". I fall into the chef role. Believe it or not, this cheesecake will probably last me 6 months in the freezer. I cut it up and have it portioned out. So, that is just about $5 a month. I am not a "sweets" eater. My thing was "juice and milk"..Goodness knows I drank milk like it was going out of style. I only crave sweets around my "cycle". I did not realize how much Lactose was in milk and there are all these ads saying how good milk is for weightloss and I suffer from endometriosis and this was supposed to "help". Please, all it did was make me fat. There are all kinds of sweets in my home because my hubby and daughter are both thin. I didn't touch them before BFC and I don't touch them now. My husband loves to have his cookies and milk before bed and they smell nice..but in general, sweets do nothing for me.

Also, cake mixes and stuff. My family never used them growing up for the most part. They baked from scratch, so I never developed a taste for "box cakes". They were talented Bakers and Cooks...

Sounds like you have wonderful plan for conquering the "sweets" monster.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/177.5/145

Height: 5'8"

Default I need help w/BFC

It's good to hear so many positive BFC accounts when I'm so low. I bought the book & started the program 3 weeks ago w/my hubby, prepared all the meals & snacks...he has lost 10 lbs & I have lost 1 -1/2 lbs. We take the flaxseed meal for extra fiber, both walk 1 -1/2 miles a day....I'm so disheartened at this point. It's wonderful to see him losing, but nasty to be trying so hard & not losing. I read Jorge's special 1 week jumpstart diet for women over 40 & started it 4 days ago....no weight loss yet. Of course, hubby, to be supportive, is doing the dinners & weekends w/me so I won't be sad watching him eat good stuff at night while I have to eat sninach salad w/grilled chicken every night! He'll probably lose another 10 lbs! LOL Anyone else who followed the diet to the letter & couldn't lose? Thanks
Lilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #14  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilysmom View Post
It's good to hear so many positive BFC accounts when I'm so low. I bought the book & started the program 3 weeks ago w/my hubby, prepared all the meals & snacks...he has lost 10 lbs & I have lost 1 -1/2 lbs. We take the flaxseed meal for extra fiber, both walk 1 -1/2 miles a day....I'm so disheartened at this point. It's wonderful to see him losing, but nasty to be trying so hard & not losing. I read Jorge's special 1 week jumpstart diet for women over 40 & started it 4 days ago....no weight loss yet. Of course, hubby, to be supportive, is doing the dinners & weekends w/me so I won't be sad watching him eat good stuff at night while I have to eat sninach salad w/grilled chicken every night! He'll probably lose another 10 lbs! LOL Anyone else who followed the diet to the letter & couldn't lose? Thanks
I just looked at your stats on the side. Perhaps it's is because you don't have a lot to lose that the weight is going to come off slowly. Don't get discouraged- it will come off!

You don't have to eat chicken and spinach salad every night! There are many ways to change this up to keep this diet interesting. I posted this sample menu at another board and maybe this will help you as well:

Breakfast:
half of a Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat flour pita bread
2 Jone's All Natural Sausage Patties
2 Fried Eggs
1 slice Kraft American Cheese melted on the pita(full fat)
1 tablespoon of regular mayonaise

Assemble this into a sandwich. After I eat this breakfast sandwich I eat 1 Chia seeds Chocolate candy made with chia seeds, baking cocoa, Stevita, cocunut oil, and chia seeds (my own recipe- see my blog link in signature for the recipe if anyone is interested). Coconut oil helps fill you and along with the Chia seeds gives you good energy. Don't eat one of these after 4 PM or you'll be dancing at midnight or cleaning your house from top to bottom with all the natural energy they give you.

Lunch
chicken breast marinated in Ken's Buffalo Wing sauce
2 celery sticks
1-2 tablespoon's Ken's Blue Cheese Salad dressing, full fat
1 Chia seeds chocolate candy

Dinner
1 whole Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pita
3 pieces of turkey breast
1 slice Kraft American Cheese
1 tablespoon of regular mayonaise
half of a cucumber
generous amount of lettuce (I love cucumbers and lettuce with this sandwich hence why a big portion)
2 cups of popcorn
2 dill pickle spears

Another day:

2 fried eggs in butter
3 bacon slices- low sodium version
2 Maple Grove Low Carb pancakes with Torani sugar free pancake syrup

Lunch
4-6 oz steak
1 serving of mushrooms cooked in butter
Au Jus Gravy (1/4 of a cup)
1 very small baked potato with full fat sour cream and a tablespoon of butter and salt and pepper
wax or green beans with butter- about 1 1/2 to 2 cups

Dinner
1 Joseph's Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
2-3 tablespoons of full fat sour cream
hamburger with taco seasoning mix added in
1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese full fat
2 cups of lettuce
1 Roma tomato diced
5 black olives sliced

Another day:

Breakfast:
Chicken salad- I bake the chicken with lemon slices on top and on the bottom of the chicken breasts. After cooking I let them sit in the fridge with the lemon slices to continue marinating. I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and mix with full fat mayonaise and some black pepper.
lettuce- about 2 cups
4 large pieces of broccoli
1/4 of a large red or green pepper
Blue cheese salad dressing
1 Chia Seeds chocolate candy

Lunch
my version of a vegetarian:
1 Jospeh's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pita
1 container of sliced pre-washed mushrooms (about 3 servings worth) cooked in butter
1 1/2 cups of iceburg lettuce
1 1/2 slices Kraft American Cheese melted on the pita
Assemble this. After I eat this I have my second Chia Seeds Chocolate candy

Dinner
1 large or 2 small cans of tunafish
2 tabespoons of mayonaise
2 servings of American Cheese crisps

Another sample menu:

Breakfast:
Hamburger pattie
au jus gravy 1/4 cup with 1 tsp of red wine added
green beans- around 2 cups

Lunch:
Generous portion of Ham and with 1/2 red kidney beans in 1/2 cup of Contadina Tomato Sauce and 1/2 tsp of Splenda Light Brown Sugar
1/2 of a cucumber sliced
4 pieces of broccoli
Ranch salad dressing full fat
1 Chia Seeds chocolate candy

Dinner
1 Jospeh's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pita
3 eggs scrambled with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream scrambled in butter
2 Jone's All Natural Sausage Patties
1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese melted on the pita
1/4 cup of red kidney beans
1/4 cup of salsa

Last Sample Menu:

Breakfast:
2 eggs fried
2 slices low sodium bacon
1 slice of Pepperidge Farm Carb Smart toast with butter
Chia seeds chocolate candy

Lunch:
2 large boneless pork chops cooked in oven with a little bit of onion powder and black pepper sprinkled on both sides
A sauce made with 1/2 cup sour cream, two tablespoons of heavy cream, salt pepper, and 2 tablespoons of freeze dried chives chives
2 cups of green beans
1 small salad with 1 cup of iceburg lettuce, 2 pieces of broccoli, 1/4 cup red peppers, 4 greek olives, 2 pieces of Feta Cheese, and 2 mozzarella balls in blue cheese or ranch dressing full fat of course
Chia seeds chocolate candy

Dinner:
Parmesan Chicken made with parmesan cheese, low carb bread crumbs, butter, garlic, and parsley
2 cups of broccoli and cauliflower mix steamed and seasoned with butter and salt

Snacks: (I have about 2 snacks a day either between meals or before bedtime- sometimes I am too full from my meals and don't always eat them!)
2 sugar free candies
1 or 2 servings of peanuts
2 cups of popcorn- though I don't eat this daily as it is hard to resist making more LOL. I love popcorn.

I drink half of my weight in water daily along with coffee with heavy cream every day- about 2-3 cups.

I make iced tea with Stevita (less than one carb per packet) and have maybe one or two of these a day- every other day. I also make up Kool Aid or Hawaiian punch drink mixes and use Sweet Leaf Stevia Plus (0 carbs 0 calories and comes in a small plastic container so you can measure it out for baking or cooking) as the sweetener in it- just two tablespoons of this equals 2 cups of sugar.

I also have iced coffee with Sweet Leaf Stevia Plus, 1 tsp Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, 1 tsp Torani Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup, and heavy cream. I alternate the iced tea and iced coffee days and they are decaffeinated. I gave up caffeine a long time ago.

Those are my beverages that I have daily or every other day except for water. I do not care for the Zevia soda what so ever. The couple of times that I had soda I just had diet Coke caffeine free but I don't drink soda very often as I can't have too much Splenda as it makes me very irritable among other things.

I hope that this helps you to see what I'm eating on this diet. I have many other food items not listed on this sample menu such as one day I had a Ciabalta roll (41 grams of carbs no sugar) loaded with roast beef and horseradish and some Lay's Potato Chips. I don't eat that daily of course but I was hankering for a roll and that did the trick! Have fun and be creative with this diet.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/177.5/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanks so much!

You are too sweet...I can't thank you enough for sending your recipes. Tonight I almost quit, but feel better after reading your post. I guess I need the "butt fat cure" instead of the belly one...LOL I have made a promise to try the BFC until March 1.....hopefully, I will start to lose soon. As I learn more & develop my own recipes I will share with you! Thank you, thank you!
Lilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote