Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 08:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of August 19, 2002

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Monday's always creep up on me and this week was no exception. It was fairly busy as we're getting ready for the students who will be moving in on Sunday. Seems hard to believe that summer is coming to an end.

Anyway, I've been struggling with night time snacking and it hasn't been pretty. I need to keep myself busy and not get bored. On the up side, the temps here have cooled down considerably so I'm planning on getting outside and doing some walking. I went for a 15-minute walk before work this morning and am planning on getting out over the lunch hour. I really miss this when the weather is hot & humid.

The tomatoes in the garden are beginning to to turn and I'm looking forward to fresh tomatoes for salads & sandwiches.

I made a couple of recipes out of the new Cook It Quick cookbook that WW has and both were really good. I also made the cannoli recipe out of the Take Out Tonight book...very tasty! I enjoy cooking when I have the time and the temps aren't high.

Catch everyone later!
Old 08-21-2002, 03:45 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Hi, Melissa.

I'm glad your weather is cooler; your area was getting as hot as Florida!

Well, tonight hubby and I are going out to a nice restaurant for our 26th wedding anniversary. We're going to a French place that comes highly recommended. I hope the food is good.

I've been too busy to snack at night, but I know where you're coming from.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:29 PM   #3  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

It was a beautiful day today. A nice summer breeze. What a relief. Unfortunately my WI wasn't so good. I gained a pound. But with everything going on, I guess that wasn't so bad.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:46 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone!

It's pretty cloudy out this morning and we're supposed to be getting some thunderstorms...we could really use the rain.

I seem to have gotten my eating pretty much under control. I've added the protein and am really making an effort to write things as I eat them or before I even put them in my mouth. I've been busy so I'm not bored and wandering from the livingroom to the kitchen. Next week will be crazy as the kids will be going back to school and I'll be working at WW 2 nights. I find that when I eat dinner later I'm not as apt to want to snack in the evening. I'm thinking I need to push dinner back a little.

Anybody have any Labor Day weekend plans? We have our big German Heritage Festival so I'll be working at that on Saturday and Sunday so I'll get lots of walking in. I'm going to wear my pedometer to measure how many steps I get in. I know it's a lot

Myra: You'll get that pound off...last week I gained, this week I lost and as you said with everything going on you're glad it wasn't more. This week will be better!

Domina: Happy Anniversary! DH and I will be celebrating 20 years in September...time sure flies. Hope you had a nice, relaxing dinner.

Is everyone else on vacation??? The board has been awfully quiet...
Old 08-22-2002, 05:53 PM   #5  

Default yep it's me

OK everyone -

Don't fall off a chair or anything but yes this is Patch and I'm baaaaaaaak! Well at least occasionally.

And yes I've regained some weight - 10lbs -

I've had a good deal happen - mostly good but intense stuff - I've left my old job and am now independently associated with two Amazon sisters. They're great gals but major powerhouses. They do everything in a big way. And yes that includes eating... but also exercise.

I've been trying on my own (mistake!) to lose the weight I've gained over the past 6 months and (surprise no luck) have started to go back to meetings but nothing is sticking.

Yes I need an attitude adjustment big time!

well it's good to connect. I'm away from now through the weekend (antoher challenge!) but will try to check in on Monday.

Good to see you guys are still here!
Patch
Old 08-23-2002, 02:57 PM   #6  

Welcome back Patch! Great to hear from you again! You'll get the weight off...maybe try hitting a meeting? The boards help too. It's tough when you're around co-workers who are big eaters...it's really hard to keep portions in perspective. Weekends are always a challenge for me whether or not I'm home or away.

I'm figuring everyone is busy getting ready for the start of the school year or else on vacation because the boards have been soooo quiet!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Closed Thread