Mini-Goals - I finished the Couch to 5K!

View Full Version : I finished the Couch to 5K!

Mollz
01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I finished the Couch to 5K!!! I'm not up to 5K, but I did the 1/2 hour on the treadmill (I guess not everyone can run a 10 minute mile right off the bat!). It feels good to have stuck it out for better or for worse and I feel that I've done something worthwhile for myself.

It brought a smile to my face today when I finished. I now enjoy- no, I'm addicted to- the rush of endorphins that come with the last 3-5 minutes of running- where the body is really slowing down, ready to quit and call it a day and I push myself to finish.

So, now I'm going to replenish the energy I just burned off and have a banana and a few teddy crackers. :D

healthyliving
01-28-2010, 05:52 PM
wooohooooo!! :woohoo: Good for you!! :cp:
I am also following C25K program, hope one day I can run like you!!

kellost
01-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Congrats.......I've been toying with the idea of signing up for a 5K this spring. I may be joining you soon! This is a big accomplishment, so be proud!!!!!!!!

Latchkey Princess
02-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment!! I'm currently on week 3 (for the second time, cuz it's still kicking my butt), I hope I can get to where you are. Way to go!

susieyarb
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Great job! I started the program and it did kick my butt so I modified my own. I've been walking 5K each day since last Friday and I do bursts of jogging in there for 1 minute at a time but I'm about to die after each burst so I'm working my way up. It takes me about an hour to do the 5K now.

Congrats!!!

jeremiahlyons
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Congratulations!
I couldn't run that far right now, maybe in another month or two.

wynnegirl10010
02-06-2010, 02:49 AM
:)