Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #1  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Lightbulb Day 11 is NOT heaven lol

g’afternoon! So today is day 11 and super stressful!!! Let me tell you stressful days are not good for someone like me that is an emotional eater. I feel like I could just give up right now and go eat some good ol’ comfort food. lol. I do have to say I am proud of myself bc the old me would have went to wendys and gotten a spicy chicken sandwich or to mcd’s and gotten a double cheeseburger bc i was stressed out and i thought that those foods would make me feel better ( which sometimes they did) BUT the new improved full of will power (trying to convince myself through positive thinking lmao) me ate a ziploc full of fresh veggies……whoo hoo go me. I actually got through it. I didnt die. I didnt panic, well for a min I did but I got through it! I tried something new today and I had success!!! Ya do know the definition of insanity is doing something over and over expecting a different result………..maybe I really WAS insane lol. I always thought I could eat whatever then when my clothes started to shrink (lol) I wondered hmmmmmmmm how’d this happen, get depressed, cry, then go to the nearest McD’s and order a large value meal, go home eat it all (very quickly i might add) then take a nap bc I used all my energy up by crying throwing a fit and racing to go to get food. Its seriously a vicious cycle!!!! how disgusting is that? ugh gross…

Instead of taking the normal route today I chose a different road. To my surprise it worked. I kept telling myself over and over “you;ve worked way to hard to give up now”. For once I believed in myself! I’m so proud of me!!!! I dont think I have EVER said that before and over something so small, but so big at the same time. Not only am I becoming more healthy, I’m growing up lol, learning how to overcome the difficulties in life head on and not hiding behind food or pushing them to the back burner. WOW what a concept face your fears, problems, skeletons in the closet HEAD ON!!!!! I think this might stick I might try this again lol.
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/See Tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! Some days are going to be hard. Last night after I was done eating for the day, I had this mental urge to just eat. I was full and everything, but I wanted to go to the kitchen and scrounge for food and stuff my face. I didn't though. It's not worth it.

I guess we just have to keep doing stuff like that. Reminding ourselves not only what's at stake, but the fact that we have complete control of our actions.
goldferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Congrats! It's so freakin' hard trying to change our eating behaviors...especially when it comes to emotional eating. For me the first month I changed my lifestyle and stopped emotionally eating was very very very far from heaven (actually it was in the completely opposite direction of heaven), and there were some tough times. But it did get better, and a year later I still have the urge to emotionally eat at times but it's so much easier to control and I have very few slips. So I know just how hard it can be, but it does get better. You should be so proud of yourself for saying no and changing your behaviors...It's awesome and a huge accomplishment!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5.5"

Go YOU!!

Every time you make it through a day like today it will get easier the next time. Keep up the good work.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizR View Post
Go YOU!!

Every time you make it through a day like today it will get easier the next time. Keep up the good work.
I agree! It'll get easier with each day and with each of these victories. Good job, chickie!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #6  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

thanks ladies!!! it was definately NOT an easy day!!!! my 2nd weigh in is on sat and i am scared to death!!! i have done nothing but followed the points system and i feel like i have gained weight!!! the only place i can tell a difference is my hands and feet thats it!!!!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote