100 lb. Club - Roll Call!!

View Full Version : Roll Call!!

Sandi
01-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Since there are so many newbies as well as oldies here on the 100 lb club, I thought it would be nice to reintroduce ourselves so everyone can get to know everyone!

I am Sandi and I am the moderator of the 100 lb club. I have been here for many years. I have never been successful at getting very much weight off, but I never lose hope that I will. Please feel free to PM me if you need anything at all.

I have been happily married for 17 years and the shining star of my life is my 9 year old son Jake. We have 1 dog and I live in Northwest Indiana. I work full time teaching computer software. My hobbies are making jewelry and (you guessed it!) posting here at 3FC!

What about You??

Amy9
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi! My name is Amy. I moved down to Atlanta about 2.5 years ago and gained all sorts of weight. Ugh! It has gotten to the point of being difficult to move around. Sooo, here I am determined to get it off FINALLY.

ANewCreation
01-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Cindy. Happily married for 20+ years, 3 adult sons, I am a stay at home wife.

I've been here since the summer of 2009. I was diagnosed that summer with pre-diabetes. Thus my motivation to get healthy! I really did start out trying to manage my blood sugar and one of the side effects was wt. loss! Of course, I knew I had to lose wt! But focusing on my health has made it so much more doable in my mind. I'm thrilled that my health has improved! All my labs were within normal ranges and my doctor is very happy with me!

Welcome to all the newbies--stick with us! If I can do it, ANYONE can!

nelie
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi!

I've been at 3FC for 7 years. About 5.5 years ago, I started my first successful weight loss effort (after losing the same 30 lbs over and over again). My weight loss had a lot of losing and then maintaining and took me 3.5 years to get to 160 lbs lost. The last 2 years though have been basically me losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over again! I'm currently in the low 200s and hoping to get below 200 sometime soon :)

I have always been extremely heavy. I hit 300 lbs at age 14 and struggled with my weight since at least age 9. I'm currently 34 years old living in Maryland (outside of DC) but I am originally from California. I have a husband of 3 years, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I work in a computer related industry. I just recently started going back to school which is going to be challenging but I'm up for the challenge!

I love weights, weight lifting and trying to stay active!

I think that is about it.

duckyyellowfeet
01-28-2010, 03:11 PM
So i really bad at things like these, but I'll try.

My name is Kirsten. I've only been here since September, but I'm so happy that I found 3FC.
I'm a full-time college student, majoring in English with an emphasis in secondary education; I graduate in June and am waiting to find a credential program that will accept me. I'm not working right now, but I expect to start student teaching next year. I'm hoping to move to either the Sacramento or Sonoma county areas of California and start teaching within the next three years.

I've been with my partner for three years. I read a lot and write a little. I'm really active in my sorority, which turned into my part-time job last semester. I'm really close to my family and the friends I've made into my family at college.

Otherwise, I'm pretty simple. I'm grateful for the support I found here, most of all

cathydoe
01-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello...I am Cathy. I have been overweight most of my life...I would say since 1st grade. My 1st successful attempt at loosing weight was in the 10th grade for my sisters wedding...of course it was diet bills from the doctor...I was thin for 24 hours (seriously) I can tell you the moment I started gaining! It was at the bridal shower and the dessert... There are many other attempts over the years...and with some success at loosing, but never keeping it off.

For many years I did the "non diet" approach...I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...but hey I drank diet soda :) I have been at 250 to 260 for at least 10 years...but this fall when it was time to put on jeans... they were tight. That scared me. It scared me because I knew I was at one of the largest jean sizes already. I think it motivated me too...it made me realize...I have to do something!

2010 will be my 10th anniversary being married to the most wonderful man. A few years ago his dr told him he needed to loose 20 lbs for his knees and being Mr. Disciplined he did it...he could be a poster child for discipline! The good thing...he NEVER says anything to me about my weight... and he truly loves me for me!

In 2010 I will also turn 50. And in 2010 I will also go below 200! This is a BIG year! HOOT!

More to say...but I don't want to be a thread hog!

Thank you everyone for being here! 3FC has been a WONDERFUL addition to my life!!

CLCSC145
01-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi! My name is C.C. and I'm a 38 year old single gal from California. I've got two golden retrievers - one a couch potato and one who can't sit still.

I've been overweight since puberty, but I didn't tread into obesity territory until I went to college. Since then, I've made several other attempts to get this weight off and one semi-successful one where I lost 130 pounds 10 years ago only to gain it back and then some. I just don't want to live that life anymore with food as the center of my universe and I'm determined to cross "weight" off my worry list for good. I count calories as my plan. And I've transferred my food addiction to a 3FC addiction! :D

Eliana
01-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Good idea!

"Eliana" is my chosen Hebrew name.

I am married with two boys ages 8 and 9 and they are polar opposites. :D My family has taken on this health quest with me and you can see our progress in my signature. Our 8 year old is very healthy and active and has a palate for odd foods...frog legs for instance. LOL! So he is not included as he needs to just keep on keepin' on. We also have one 11 year old pup who weighs a whole 6.5 pounds. :D

I put on 70 lbs our first year of marriage and chocked it up to marriage weight. It wasn't until we tried to conceive baby #3 that I found out I had PCOS. I've been fighting to get the weight off ever since. It wasn't until my cousin showed up on my doorstep having lost 100 lbs that I finally got the message "calories in vs calories out".

And now I'm here. :D And I'm STAYING. I want to be a maintainer!

FitGirlyGirl
01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm Roxy, 31, married for about 2.5 years, no kids yet (16 yr. old step-daughter, but she lives in England with her mother), 5 cats, a bunch of strays outside that we feed (4-7 of them depending on who shows up that day), and also indoor and outdoor fish. I am in Arkansas, but I'm from Florida. I met my hubby in England, he is in the air force, 38, and from New York (Brooklyn). I am supposed to be a teacher, but I am currently unemployed. It is very difficult to handle your own career when you are a military spouse.

I started working on my weight (again!) in Feb. '09 because I have PCOS and the best cure is weight loss. I want to have a baby, so I must do something about the PCOS. I lost about 20 pounds by the beginning of April and then the cadbury eggs called my name and I gave up. At the beginning of July I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. That was terrifying. At that point I had gained back about 5 1/2 pounds of the 20 I had lost and weighed in at 230.6. In August I found 3FC and body bugg - 2 of my best weight loss tools. I have been working very hard since then and have had more success than ever before in my life. I reached a new low in my adult life of 182.6 yesterday, which is a double woohoo since my end of January goal was 186. The best part is that I don't see a future in which I will be quitting, I see a future where I will be running marathons while my husband and future child/children cheer me on. Right now I'm almost halfway to my goal weight, but I am actually hoping that I won't get all the way there for quite some time because we are still planning for that baby, I just have to be healthy enough first. My lab results are mostly normal now (cholesterol still a bit of a problem), but I want the diabetes to have been under control for a bit longer before trying for a baby. I'm currently working on becoming a runner, doing a 1,000 miles in 2010 challenge, 10,000 crunches in 2010 challenge, and the 100 push-ups challenge.

matt_H
01-28-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm Matt (you probably guess that).

I've been here on and off for a long time. I came here initially in 2002 and was successful in losing about 100 pounds or so. My lowest weight during that run was slightly under 300 pounds.

Then, I got into lots of old habits again and left 3fcs and put on all of the weight and then some more for good measure. My highest weight was somewhere over 450 pounds. The bariatric scale I had at the time maxed out at 450 and I got an error message when I initially tried to use it.

After deciding enough was enough after seeing some horrible pictures of myself, I decided to make another run at living a healthier life. I was finally able to see a weight on the scale on September 17th, 2007 that showed 446.8 pounds. That is what I use as my official starting weight.

Since then, after many ups and down, I'm now down close to 210 pounds and am just 40 pounds to goal.

This board has been great and I'm glad I came back here and have stuck around for a long time now.

calluna
01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm Heather (calluna...calluna vulgaris for you gardeners out there). I live in Alaska with my partner, two children (boys, 8 and 12), dogs (my beloved Great Pyrenees), and assorted cats, plants, and fish. My hobbies (or they are when I have time) are reading, growing African violets, and fountain pens.

My partner of about 4.5 years has a disability and a service dog. My weight was an issue, and I needed to get it off - also I figured if I was cooking better that my partner would benefit from it or go hungry. He's benefiting and liking it, which helps with the medical issues.

I successfully lost 50 lbs some years ago (starting from a lower weight) and was quite athletic. I really liked it! But then... baby... dissertation... moving... stressful new job ... and so on. Eventually I had to stop letting life stuff get in the way of my health, so there are no more excuses.

Technosexual
01-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi!

I'm Techno, I'm 24 with a birthday coming up shortly, and I'm a 3FC newbie. I'm the mother of one, and am not planning on having anymore children.

I have three ferrets, and an anole. LOL. Our household also has a dog, three parrots, a cockatiel, and a handful of parakeets.

My daughter and I moved back in with my mom, and my younger sister a couple years ago. My sister is mentally handicapped, so, my presence is always welcome, as the extra help is always good for my mom. In return, I save a lot of money, and I have a lot of extra time. I'm currently seeking out employment, and I hope to go to school for nursing at some point.

I've been overweight since childhood, but, successfully lost weight using the old school Atkins diet with the help of my mom when I was around 11/12 years old. I got down to 120 lbs. and remained between that and 130 lbs. until I had my daughter.

I gained so much weight during pregnancy. I thought it was a free card to eat whatever, whenever I wanted.

I've been battling my weight since then. The lowest I can remember being after pregnancy is around 150/160 lbs.

At one point I got married, and ballooned up to 230/240 lbs. ( If not more. ) during. I was eating huge, unhealthy meals with my husband all of the time. ( We've been separated for years. )

I lost some of that weight since then, mostly hovering around 200/210/215/220 lbs.

I got down to 190 lbs. at the beginning of last year, with a low carbohydrate diet, and a gym membership.

Well, that didn't last for whatever reason. ( I think I plateaued, and said, "F_ck it." )

I remember going from 190 lbs, to 200 lbs., to 215 lbs., and back to 200 lbs. You get the idea.

I was attempting to diet before/during the holidays this last year, but, eventually gave in, thinking it was a horrible time to be depriving myself.

I got up to the 230lbs. that I started at on the 25th this month. I've already lost some weight. :D

I promised myself that this year, 2010, was the year.

The hardest part of losing weight for me is staying motivated. I have a lot to lose, and some days I just feel like it's pointless, and it's just going to take too long.

So far, so good. I love this forum, and all of the people on it very much already.

brandijune44
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm Brandi and I live in Oregon with my husband (of barely 6 months!), our old dog Cooper, and 3 crazy cats. I was very athletic in high school and was around 185 when I graduated. I went to college and gained 40 pounds of the course of 4 years. I was able to get about 20 of that off before heading into graduate school. Ugh! What a disaster! In 3 years I was able to get up to 297 pounds! Yikes!

I graduated (thank goodness!) last June and am finally settling back into "myself" again. I'm ready to lose it for good this time and have found 3fc to be so helpful and inspirational. I have been a lurker for years, but finally dove in at the beginning of the year and am so thankful I did!

Papillion Mom
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi!

My name is Lori and I currently live in New Mexico with my husband and 3 dogs (2 Papillons and a Pomeranian). I am turning 30 in 2 weeks :carrot: and am so excited because our 20's were rather difficult. We have been married almost 7 years and together for 12 (meet the first day of college at 18). We are finally looking at starting a family but want to get our weight (and my diabetes-type 1) under control. Both of us are trying to calorie count and eat healthy. So far we have both been doing really well.

I am a middle school teacher for Language Arts (English) and Drama. Love my job but heading back to school in the fall to get my counseling degree. We are moving to Austin, TX this summer and are so excited.

I decided it is time to really try and lose weight when I saw the pictures from our trip to Disney World last summer. There was a pic that I didn't know DH was taking and I looked horrible. When my parents came over and we were showing them pics from the trip I wanted to die when that pic came up.

So happy to be getting my life in order! I just know my 30's are going to rock! :D

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for all the advice!

caryesings
01-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm Cary, a telecomm programmer from my home by day, a singer by night.

I lurked on and off here for a few years. In April of 2009 I decided I'd like to lose the extra 100 lbs I had gained in one year at age 30, which was 20 years ago! I remembered 3FC a few months in and it's been my major source of support and inspiration.

At age 50 I feel I am healthier and sexier than I've been for more than 20 years. Pretty amazing what major weight loss can do for a girl...

calluna
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
a trifle ot... and a little giggle... all of us seem to have had bad picture experiences at one point or another...does that mean that we should change the old saying to "A picture is worth a thousand pounds?" ;)

calluna

LovebirdsFlying
01-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Don't let my post count fool you. I'm pretty new, but I'm a compulsive poster.

My name is Raya. I live in the Pacific Northwest, moved here from Kentucky almost 3 years ago. Adjusting to the climate has been a bit tough, but I found love, and that makes it worthwhile. I'm married (a year and counting) with two grown daughters, one in heaven, and one grandson. I attend a clubhouse for people like me with disabilities, with the goal of getting back into the work force.

I've been fat since infancy and I'm determined to be in the best shape I can be, even if I'm still "overweight" by other people's standards. I want to find the weight my body wants to weigh, where it feels most comfortable. Often I need to remind myself that I'm doing the low-carb and exercise for other reasons besides weight loss. I'm diabetic, and low-carb is the only way of eating I have found that controls my blood glucose readings. Exercise gets the endorphins going and minimizes depression, which is a serious issue for me, and also helps with pain control. It's only been since last spring that I'm able to walk without a cane, for which I credit exercise. In all this, I find I am losing weight, and I'm getting so excited about it that I keep forgetting health is my goal, not appearance. :D

I am also a strong advocate for body acceptance, no matter what the size and shape. We are all beautiful, and we should treat ourselves as such.

Last, I'm very glad to have found this site. God bless us, every one. (shades of Tiny Tim in "A Christmas Carol.")

thistoo
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Hello my name is Caroline and I'm 37. I've been posting at 3FC for a little over 3 1/2 years now, working on weight loss for the same amount of time. It's been slow going for me, but I never give up, and that's really what it's all about, I think. At least that's what I tell myself when the scale refuses to budge!

I'm currently in Knoxville, Tennessee, though I consider myself a New Englander since that's where I spent my formative years. I've lived all over the country, so I guess I'm not really from anywhere anymore! It keeps things interesting, at least.

I'm a single librarian and share my space with a couple cats. I realize this makes me a total cliche, but I do my best to live it down. (One of the cats was actually foisted upon me by my coworkers because I was the one in the building with the least amount of cats in my house. True story. I am actually a dog person, but I'm never home, so cats it is.)

In my spare time I work out, then I work out some more. If I have any time left after that, I write fiction. Someday my goal is to publish something. (Nobody hold their breath.) During my work day I work a reference desk, as well as teaching computer skills to the public. It's not glamorous, but it's a living.

ubergirl
01-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi I'm UBER...

I'm forty-eight years old, married, four kids, two professions. I don't like to give out much personally identifying info on the internet because well, I don't want to be identified.

I have a background of BINGE EATING DISORDER, more years than I can count, became morbidly obese after the birth of my first child and progressively got up to an all time high last spring.

Got some amazingly good news on June 19th, 2009 and quit binging cold turkey. I guess technically I "joined" 3FC back in 2007, but I think I only stuck around for a few days.

Since June, I've changed my life in more ways than I can count-- went from being an unhealthy, unhappy, unattractive couch potato, to a swimming, running, weight lifting, bundle of energy. Have lost 72 pounds to date.

I was very determined, but my access the the wonderful voices at 3FC has been a HUGE part of my journey.

As somebody said above, I've replaced binging with 3FC.

Trazey34
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi I'm Tracey, I'm 42 and happily married to the hottest yummiest dude ever LOL for 18 years. I've been on here a long time, and over the course of about 2 years I've managed to drop about 105 lbs. I didn't do it dangerously fast as you can see ;) I feel almost guilty for the loss (KIDDING) because, unlike so many folks on here, I did NOT count every single morsel, did not eat only healthy things, did not exercise regularly, and didn't make sure I got all my required vitamins and minerals -- i did that with a multivitamin each morning LOL

What I DID do over those 2 years was ADMIT to myself that I was childish, selfish, self-indulgent and spoiled rotten, adn that led me to let my inner child 'drive my life' and my eating choices. Once I told that little brat to shut it things improved dramatically LOL I made better food choices more often than not, didn't snack after dinner, went for walks whenever I could (and even when I didn't want to), cut back on portion sizes and no 2nd helpings, and ate pretty normal food. I'm not one who wants a 'substitute' for every single thing, sometimes you just gotta have turkey & mashed potatoes and gravy and nothing else can substitute LOL

Life has improved mobility-wise, but I was a happy person to begin with. I'm not convinced that losing weight is the answer to happiness so many seek. I say find it within first, and the weight can take care of itself (with a little help of course ;) )

diabetic z
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM
:wave: Howdy, I'm Zerain (a.k.a. Z).

At the end of August 2009, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and shortly thereafter joined 3FC. My immediate goal at the time was to adapt to a new healthier lifestyle that I could maintain for life. I managed to get off all my diabetic meds, lose weight, and bring my other health issues into check. While I am still far from my goal weight, I now have the confidence to achieve my goals and the dedication to take each day as it comes. I have always been overweight and never considered dieting until last year. This place has been such a great help in my journey. 3FC rocks!!! :carrot::cb::broc:

xMeaganx
01-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi I'm Meagan! I'm 23. I'm from Indiana, currently in Hungary. I move way more than a normal person should. I've never stayed in one place more than a year since I turned 18. Moving from Indiana to New Jersey, to Italy, Germany, Maryland, back to Indiana and to Hungary. I guess I haven't found a place to call home just yet!

I work as an au pair while going to school for Criminology. Love my job as I like to watch kids. Love my major, as it is the only subject that can hold my attention! I graduate this summer and off to grad school (hopefully!).

I've been overweight....since birth. I have a lot of issues from being overweight, I think that it's made me guarded, probably in the worst ways. I have to work on myself while losing weight which is the hardest part! I've never really tried to lose weight until 2008. During that time period I realized I needed to lose weight and set my mind to do it. I took a period of time off from losing weight, maintained my 40 pound weight loss, and recently decided I can do it and have jumped in with both feet!

cfmama
01-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Hello! My name is Tammy. I am happily married to my love of my life Jeff... and we have three spectacular healthy fit and happy children. Madeline is 8 and has been dancing since she was 3 and competitively since she was 5. Olivia is 6 and has been dancing since she was 3 and competitively since she was 4! Phoenix is our little boy and he is 3 and enjoys thomas trains and dancing with his sisters.

I have two dogs (with one on the way). I show Rough Collies and just helped to get a championship on my first Rough girl Bella. She was my 100 lbs lost present. lol! The new puppy coming in April will be my 200? (or close to it!) pounds lost present!!! She'll be another rough collie girl.

I've been here since September of 2008 (I registered a user name years before but never used it) and started my journey on September 27, 2008. In that 16 months (plus one day!) I have lost 168.6 pounds!!!

I was a slim child and went through a period of depression lasting three years in my late teens. I ballooned up to 300 lbs and just kept going from there!

I WILL reach my goal weight of 150 pounds this year and KEEP IT OFF. That feels SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!

salsa chip
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi, I'm Salsa and I'm obese.

(Hi, Salsa!)

I've been overweight since I can remember. Family lore says that when I was very young I had to be hospitalised for rapid and extreme weight loss, which I seem to have been making up for - with a vengance - ever since. Or, well, until last Summer anyway.

I'd had various half-hearted weight-loss attempts in my life, none of which lasted very long. Last Summer I had a breakdown and finally sought help for depression and in coming to terms with childhood abuse. I was a lurker here for a few weeks before jumping in and beginning to post, and with a sole exception everyone at 3FC has been so supportive, which I'm very grateful for! (as for that exception - the ignore feature is an excellent option ;) )

Matilda08
01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone Im Matilda

Ive been a memeber since 08 lost a total of 35 lbs and gained some weight back. Im really hoping to get to goal this year. Im 30 years old single mom of two children. I work for a small accounting firm and I also attend college(studying to become an accountant) . Born and raised in NJ.

BeachBreeze2010
01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi, I'm Annie. I am 30 years old, married to my soulmate and have two daughters (8 and 9). We live in Ohio.

I was a normal weight (about 130lbs) until my mother died when I was 20. I had my daughters very soon afterwards and then my love of fitness began. I became a fitness trainer at a national gym and was training myself for figure competitions. I used strength training as a way to feel strong at a time when I really felt very weak. Soon afterwards, it all came crumbling down and I spent the next 6 years gaining weight and depressed. Ironically, I never had an eating disorder until I gained weight. My life came to a turning point last year and I finally got the help I needed to deal with old (and current) issues. Once I got my head on straight, I began taking better care of myself.

I ate better and exercised and was losing weight. Then, I tore up my ankle and couldn't do any of the things that were helping me. I felt so low and hopeless and gained back the weight I lost. But once my foot recovered (for the most part), I wanted to get back up and try again.

It never occurred to me that I actually could lose all of the weight and get to a thin goal. I just wanted to lose some weight. (To wear a size that doesn't require special stores.) Then, I found 3FC and my life changed. I saw people doing this and became so uplifted and confident that I can do it too! I can't remember whose signature it is, but the one that says "If you want it, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse," really opened my eyes to the excuses that I had accepted as facts. I really do have time to eat right and exercise. Imagine that! :) So, here I am doing it every day now and I have seen great results this month. I am so glad to have met all of you!! :D

SNMomof1
01-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm Niff. :) I joined in December.

I'm a SAHM and have one special daughter. I have always been overweight, but gained a big chunk of my current weight over the past couple years. My daughter was in the NICU for 7 1/2 months, so my idea of a meal became grabbing a burger in the hospital cafeteria. When we finally brought her home, she wasn't quite stable enough for me to leave her room for more than a minute or so at a time.. just enough to tinkle and wash my hands. We have nursing care but even our nurses had been afraid of taking the case full time. I didn't eat until my fiance came home from work, and then we would pig out on fast food. While she still has the same problems and requires the same intense care, she's much more stable and I can finally do something for me and not feel guilty about it.

Mikayla
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Melissa. I'm 28, from western PA. I live with my husband, my fox terrier mix and two cats. I've been overweight my whole life, but in Feb 09 I decided that I had enough, I found 3FC shortly afterwards and I've been looking here for support ever since!

catherinef
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello, I'm Catherine. I'm a 42-year-old American married for almost 13 years to an Englishman and living in England with him and our two cats. I'm a writer, an avid gardener, a compulsive reader and knitter.

I've been battling with my weight since childhood, although, in retrospect, putting me on that first diet was sheer idiocy on the part of my parents, because I honestly wasn't fat, just comparatively bigger than average. (I topped out at 6' in my early teens.) It all spiraled out of control into a good thirty years of binging disorder, which concluded when I hit the wall hard in August of 2008, decided to just STOP being angry and bitter about it all, and do something about it, because I absolutely could not stand living like that a moment longer.

I showed up here after I'd lost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 140 pounds, I think? I really can't recall, but it's been a few months, anyway. :) My life has improved immeasurably since I started losing weight, and although I'd lost substantial amounts of weight a few times before, it never stuck. This time is so much different, because not for one minute have I wanted to quit. I haven't even considered it. I am closing in on my original goal of 195, which will put me at about 10 pounds overweight. I plan on adjusting that goal downwards when I hit it -- I'd very much like to be not overweight at all -- but mostly, I'll know what's the right weight once I get there. I love this new lifestyle, and it's been worth every bit of effort I've put into it.

This is a wonderful place, and I wish I'd found it at the beginning of this project, because even though I did really well on my own, it's just so NICE to have other people to talk to about it.

raebeaR
01-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Hullo, I'm Rae. :)

I live in Oregon alone (but not lonely!) on a 35-acre farm with 3 dogs (German shepherd, Border Collie and miniature Dachshund), 4 cats, 3 goats, 2 llamas, a horse and a dozen chickens. I'm self-employed and able to work from home -- good thing, or I'd never be able to keep up with everything I need to take care of on this place! My primary "crop" is trees.

Married twice, the first time to an old friend with whom we should have left things in that realm, and the second time to the perfect man for me. Almost unendurably, he died in October of 2007.

My weight gain has been sporadic... I was slim until I was 27, then diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I got the weight off in my mid 30s and kept it off for quite a long while. When I married my second husband, he was very into my home cooking but had a strong preference for all the wrong things: Butter, cream, pasta, beef... all the wrong stuff. I indulged his preferences much to my own detriment.

I joined 3FC quite a long time ago but didn't get serious about weight loss until the summer of 2007. My husband's death derailed that effort for a long time. I tried again in early 2009 but began to feel guilty as soon as male attention turned my way. I quit.

This time, I'm ready. The weight is coming off, it's easy, and the male attention is fine.

3FC is an invaluable resource -- a place for inspiration, encouragement and friendship!! I couldn't do it without the 3FC folks!!!

Rae

CanadianCutie
01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm from Southwestern Ontario Canada, 33 years old, divorced, in love with a wonderful man who unfortunately lives 12 hours (by car) away from me. I've been heavy since about grade 4, tried everything thing, but depression stopped any loss in its tracks within a few weeks.
I had a referral for the gastric bypass surgery, but decided not to go, that I'd rather do it on my own. This was in 2005. I'm not sure what my highest weight was, but I would wager at least 50 pounds from the top weight I have listed on here.
I've been on this site since July 2009.

Mariella
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi, I'm Mariella and I just joined the forum a few days ago. I was shocked to learn earlier this month that I weighed in at 241. That put me 101 pounds above my ideal "chart" weight of 140 and was a huge wake up call for me. I copied the rest of this from my original intro post in the main "intro" section, hope that's ok!

I'm a 50-ish female and I've always been reasonably fit although I've struggled with weight fluctuations of 25 to 30 lbs throughout adulthood.

Was never on the "obsese" side of the BMI chart.

Six years ago I started sliding downhill toward full fledged obesity.

Hormones, stress and major life changes triggered binge eating, depression and low motivation.

I gained 50 pounds that first year and hit the 200 mark for the first time in my life. I dieted a few times between 2005 and 2007 - WW and my own modification of the Scarsdale diet. I would take off a few pounds, very slowly, and then plateau for weeks on end, which leads me to just give up.

Since March of 2008, I have not "dieted" at all and I had not weighed myself.

I feel like crap, my blood pressure is in the "high normal" pre dangerous range, I retain water like a sponge and my jeans size keeps getting bigger. I have horrible digestive problems - I used to have a truly cast iron stomach and perfect "regularity" now I feel like I must have IBS. I have four different size clothes in my closets. This fall I graduated from a size 18 to a size 20 but still I would not weigh myself. I kept telling myself I don't really eat that much and I don't binge anymore so there's probably just nothing I can do.

Finally, the digestive issues the past two months have just been insane and so I decided to come out of denial and start keeping a food diary. After three days of journaling I realized I needed to track and limit calories and make better food choices. I looked up the number of calories needed to maintain my goal weight and decided to make that the goal for my daily caloric intake.

Eight days ago, after five days of "dieting" I got on the scale and discovered I had put on another 40 pounds since early 2008. I weighed in at 241.

Now I am more motivated than ever to continue what I've started. I have dropped 7 pounds (as of today, I weighed in at 232.5 so its 9.5 lbs now since the day I weighed myself and I feel soooo much better already!

I work at my computer most of the day so having the forum open so I can grab a tiny bit of inspiration anytime I want to is suuuuccchhhh a big help!

Thanks to all who share here! :)

Elladorine
01-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi! I'm Karen. :wave: I'll be turning 34 next month. No kids yet and have never been married, but I'm currently on my second engagement. ;)

I've lost about 35 pounds since I've been here this summer, making for a grand total of over 110 altogether. I have about another hundred to lose, but I know I can do it. :dizzy: I'm really anxious to at least get down to 220 again, which was my lowest weight as an adult! That should get me out of plus sizes. :D

I was severely depressed around 2004 when I was at my highest weight of 360. I had a whole slew of health problems, most of which have since have been reduced to nearly nothing or have diminished entirely since I've lost the weight I have. I was also in a bad relationship at the time and was dealing with the death of my father, which was especially hard after already losing my mother shortly out of high school.

My ex and I both had a lot of issues with food, and when I tried to eat right and have an overall healthier lifestyle, he resisted every moment of it. I managed to lose about 75 pounds while I was with him though before settling at a plateau.

Anyway, I'm with a wonderful new guy now that I met online, who's been so very supportive. I moved from the midwest out to Vegas to be with him, and after some of what I've been through was very grateful for the chance to start over. This past summer I decided to break through my plateau and make even more progress to a healthier, happier me.

Aside from the weight issues, I was sexually abused as a child, been diagnosed as clinically depressed, and also have agoraphobia, which sometimes makes day-to-day living difficult. At my worst point I was unable to leave the house by myself. So I have issues, but I at least have my sense of humor to get me by most of the time. :) I recently began driving again now that I have an automatic (the BF has a stick; although I learned to drive one it gave me panic attacks). I've been doing better overall lately with my people skills, have gotten active at the local YMCA, am regaining my overall independence, and hope to feel "normal" soon, whatever that might be. :dizzy:

I love cartoons and animation in general, and am a *huge* Disney fan. I also love to draw and digitally color. I make all the avatars I use here (that's me in my current one!) and designed my Dory weight-loss ticker (although I had to have someone else code it for me since I couldn't even begin to do that part on my own, lol).

Other than that? I like to keep tabs and read what everyone's been up to for inspiration. I don't feel I have a lot of advice to offer but like to chime in every so often with my own experiences. I'm what I'd call a part-time vegetarian, but I'm probably more of a borderline carnaphobe (a term I didn't even know until recently).

Anyway, I thought I'd stop and join in in the roll-call. I wish everyone luck as we continue to cheer each other on. :)

ScarlettDrawl
01-28-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm Scarlett, 25 years old, happily married for almost 4 years. I've been here on 3fc for a long time, I remember posting about my upcoming wedding, lol. We have two gorgeous boys now, ages almost 2 and almost 2 months. I am currently working towards a 2nd bachelors degree, with hope for a masters to follow. I work full time (still on maternity leave) at a job in the field of my first bachelors and will probably be quitting soon to focus on my babies and school. I've been overweight since I was about 14. Obviously, I've tried to lose weight off and on but have not made it under 200. I reached 300 right around my wedding (nice, right?) and have been over it ever since. I'm very close to getting back under that hateful number and I am VERY excited about it!

HeidiNicole
01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm Heidi...I'm 29 years old (30 in March) and I'm from Indiana. I have a wonderful husband of 9 years, a 7 year old DD, and 2 cats.

I've been slightly overweight since puberty, got up to 190 when I was 15, down to 160 at 17 and it pretty much been up, up, up since then. A LOT of my weight gain is due to laziness (we ate out 99% of the time), and I'm just sick of it.

DH (he needs to lose about 60lbs) and I started trying to lose weight in April of last year and did really well until the end of July. We continued to start and stop until Jan. when we got back to it full force. I had lost about 40 lbs, and I gained all but 2.5 back.

I'm so happy to be here, ya'll give me SUCH inspiration, and I love to see that success really is possible!

carrie77
01-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi, I'm Carrie (and I just loved reading this thread). I've been on this website for about a year and a half. I read the posts all the time but I don't post a whole lot myself. I guess you can classify me as a semi-"lurker".

I've always been in the "a few extra lbs" category, until a couple of years ago. I left an unhealthy relationship and was dealing with other personal issues which left me giving up on myself in a lot of ways. I put on 60 lbs in just the last couple of years.

This time feels different than the rest of the times I have tried to lose weight. It feels like I've actually adopted a new lifestyle. I'm really proud of myself.

I am 32 yrs old, divorced for several years, 2 great children at home. I live in SW Ontario Canada and a professional career I really love. I like running. It's starting to become my new obsession.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I'm 30 down.

ToriLeigh
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm Tori from Kansas. I'm 26 and have been married for almost 3 years. My husband and I have 2 kids, an almost 3 year old girl and a boy who will be one in February. I'm a nursing student. I'm here at 3FC after complications with blood pressure during my last pregnancy. Took me a little time to get serious, but its time to get all the baby weight off, plus that extra I gained after high school. Baby number 2 is off, now its time to get rid of the rest!

Jo Kittibuck
01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm Jo! I'm 25, lesbian(ish), atheist, very much a geek. I live in Dawsonville, GA with my two cats and, soon, two roommates. I just spent the day helping one of them paint a Starry Night mural in their to-be bedroom.

In 2007, watching my weight skyrocket from terrible eating habits, I decided to get a lap band surgery. Unfortunately, my eating habits didn't change, and I soon gained back the little weight I'd lost. But thankfully this taught me that I couldn't rely on anything except my own strength. In March 09, at 280 lbs, I started a new weightloss plan. I learned about food and struggled to control my eating.

I lost over 50 lbs by that September. Unfortunately I then let myself relax, and stalled out for six months. Now I'm back in the saddle and fighting the pounds, and so far it looks good.

My hobbies include everything geekdom. Anime, steampunk, sci-fi, comics, video games, cosplay, anything and everything. I suppose I'm what you would call "eclectic". My X-men statue sits next to a unicorn plushie, my fursuit mask, some Japanese calligraphy, and a nerf pistol. My interests also span into animals and nature, science, history, the arts, and home decor. I went through a horse phase AND a dinosaur phase as a child. Most recent hobby : roleplaying breedable pets on GaiaOnline.

In personality, I'm friendly but anxious. I watch conversations more than I participate, and I try to get along with everyone. I'm a bit of a doormat, but I'm working on that... I kicked out my previous passive-aggressive roommate, for instance. Losing his friendship meant I lost almost all my friends as well, and I'm still struggling with the loneliness it's bought me, and what it did to my self esteem. But it helps terribly to have one solid, true friend, and thankfully I do. With her help, I'm slowly building up my confidence again.

I've become amazed at how much I've learned about myself this last year. I never thought I'd be a person who could give up soda altogether, who would willingly get on a treadmill because I enjoy it. And yet, I am. It's easier to stay on plan now, and I understand what I did wrong when things go south. And most important, I've learned enough patience to last Six Bloody Months of no progress whatsoever, without going mad and binging. Considering the longest I ever dieted before was one month, I'm darn proud of myself.

Sskar
01-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Howdy, I'm Jan - a displaced Texan struggling to adjust to small(er) town life in southern Arizona where I live with my partner of 20 years and our 4-pack of delightful dogs and cats.

I'm a classic yo-yo'er who wasn't fat until early 20's. In fact I was a college athlete in the dark and distant past. This time my partner is being a real help in making our entire way of life a change - from eating healthy to being more active as a couple. I'm getting too old to do this again...

Cute n Chunky
01-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi, my name is April and I'm a 43 yr old single mom from Eden, N.C. My sons are grown now (20 & 22), so I decided that now it's time to take better care of ME! My short-term goal is to get into a size 14, which will be about 51 lbs from now, and my long-term goal is to get back into a size 12, which is about 98 lbs from now. It was 103 til today at Weight Watcher weigh-in, where I discovered I've lost another 5 lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 30 lbs...I am totally excited! If anyone's interested, my food intake journal and my workout plan are linked into my blog, which is linked to the left of my post. Good luck to all of you!!! :hug:

Michelle98272
01-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi I'm Michelle. 42, single mom of two (19 year old daughter and 9 year old son) dating a really great guy, thinking of moving in together soon. I have two cats and a shih-tzu. I work in Social Services managing Supported Living facilities.

I have been overweight since I discovered alcohol in college. I gained the Freshman 10 X 2, gaining about 20 lbs in a few months. I never took that weight off and when I got pregnant with my daughter I gained 100lbs with pregnancy. Over the course of 10 years I lost a lot of that, weighing 190 something when I got pregant with my son. I gained 40lbs with that pregnancy and never got below 215 since he was born.

Funny thing was as beautiful 150lbs 5 ft 9 teenager my dad would tell me I was getting fat. "Better not get too fat. Boys don't like fat girls". "Are you suurrrre you want to eat that?" Even though I wasn't truly fat I was convinced that I was hugely grotesque. I must be, Daddy said so.

I've struggled with my weight for years being serious about losing about 3 times. The first time I got down to 175 using Phen fen in the 90's, 215 in my twenties by working out, and got down to 230 last year with WW and 3FC's.

In the last year, I gained up to 270 and was getting too big for the 3x at Walmart and my size 24 jeans "shrank in the dryer" and I had to lay down to zip them up, I decided enough was enough and came back here. I have since lost 6 lbs, by portion control, tracking what I eat on Daily Plate and increasing my activity.

I really really want to get to 175-180 again. I want to look good and feel even better. I love this place and really feel loved and supported here!! I love all the inspirational stories of people who've lost 100+ lbs. (CFMama and Rockin Robin are my inspiration!) If they can do it...I can too!:hug:

seidlet
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Ariel, I'm 22, and I've been happily married to my noble-hearted husband for over two years - and together for over six! I'm a communist, atheist, tabletop role-playing, natural living bohemian with a penchant for the occult and the victorian era. My house is decorated in catholic saints and dinosaurs.

My husband and I have no pets and no kids, but we've been unsuccessfully trying to conceive for the past two and a half years. My husband has male factor infertility, and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, so I hope losing all this excess weight will help me control my PCOS and up my chances of natural conception and a healthy pregnancy!

I've been overweight since the second grade. I managed to lose 135 pounds when I was fifteen-sixteen (in a very unhealthy way), dropping from my all time high weight of 280 to a much slimmer 145. I gained back about 40 pounds over the next two years slowly, and then when I was 18 I was in a car accident that seriously injured my neck, back, and hip. I got severely depressed from the pain and gained 80 pounds in three months. Since then I've been a little up and down (I got down to about 210 for my wedding) but I've mostly stayed in the 250-260 range. I weighed in at 241 pounds this morning which means I've lost NINE POUNDS since I started counting calories again! I plan to eventually weigh in at about 125.

Right now I'm a full time student on my way to becoming a certified nurse-midwife, and I work about 30 hours a week at my local organic co-op. I'm also an assistant for a local doula, so I'm on call virtually 24/7 to attend childbirth!

SnowboundChick
01-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Hi to all the Newbies.

I orginally started here I think in 2005 and for six months was living the life and lost I'm thinking 25lbs but then found out I was pregnant for the 3rd time, we'd only been trying a month. I'm now the proud mother of 3 boys, ages 8, 5 and 3. They are all smart, handsome and healthy boys who come with their different challenges that we haven't quite figured out yet but it's mostly speech (this is a small thing and they are pretty much all caught up with early intervention) and sensory issues and I have a full spectrum here with them each having different issues, lucky me. I've been married to the same man for 8 years and have been happily married, but the last 6 months have been a work in progress. Let's just say I now have a step daughter who is younger than my youngest son. I won't get into it but I've made my choices in life and while they are stressful I'm more than willing to give it a go to be happy again.
Up until four months ago I had lost 40lbs after restarting this journey Dec 2008, almost 2 years after my youngest. It's been a struggle to get back here but after putting 30lbs of those pounds back on as of last week, I'm ready to get back on track again. I'm sick of what I let stress do to me and I'm determined to get control again.

I will never leave this board again, I'll get it right this time.

So, yeah, I'm Donna and I'm 34yo and I live in the Great White North..that's the Yukon!

traci in training
01-29-2010, 03:51 AM
Hi. My name is Traci and I'm afraid compared to y'all I'm boring. I really, really want to be lesbian-ish or communist or something really unique but 3fc is all about honesty, so I guess I'll just be plain me. But I swear I'm going to tell someone somewhere very soon that I'm lesbian-ish just so I can use the word!

I really am 43 - 44 in February (jeez, when did I get so old???) and I've been married for 22 years. DH says at least 11 of those years have been bliss, so we keep going because we bat over .500. :-) We have two beautiful daughters - one a junior in college and one a senior in high school. And a rescue dog of undocumented type. Slightly psychotic if you want to know the truth, but I love him anyway.

Three years ago DH had a health scare and we both decided it was time to be less fat. I lost about 60 pounds, he lost 130+. Two years ago the manufacturing plant where we both worked in management closed and I went back to school to become a nurse. DH became a tri-athlete, I became a stressed college student. He looks great. I re-gained 38 pounds.

So... now I'm a mental health nurse and it's time to get the weight back off and finish the job. I WILL get this accomplished this year. I AM fully on-plan and happy to be there.

3fc helped me last time and it's helping me again. It was great to read all your stories - even if I did feel a little plain in the process. :-)

magnetism21
01-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I am 22, California born and raised. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. My insecurities started as a young child, stopping me from going to many many activities that I felt I was not good enough for. I think it all started when someone called me "fatso" in kindergarten...

Anyway lol, my goal weight is 145, leaving me with 104 pounds that I'm getting off me once and for all. I want to find the love of my life and really start living life to the fullest. I wish I could be one of those people that are perfectly content accepting themselves the way they are. But, I just can't be happy with the way I look. Therefore, I need to change.

I am moving to Nashville this summer and I want to move being happy and healthy and ready to find me a Southern charmer! :)

ChrissyBean
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm Christine. I can't remember how long I've been here (take a peek at my thingy over there <--- ) I'm 38 years old, married to a very sweet, very fit fellow. We have two kids, 11 and 9. I lost 75 pounds pre-pregnancy (WW), but managed to gain it (and more) back after my second child. :(

Anyway, after seeing photos of me taken on vacation in 2007(?), I decided enough was enough and made a conscious effort to eat better and get more active. I'm not following any plan or even counting calories, which is why the weight is coming off so slowly. I'm okay with that, though, because it IS coming off. I do tend to plateau for long periods of time, though.

My favourite exercise activities are cross-country skiing, Zumba, and my treadmill.

paris81
01-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm 28, grad student, single, live alone and I've been at 3FC since summer '08. I lost weight for the first time the summer of '06, by cutting back on protions and walking. I lost a lot of weight over that summer (I think probably too quickly, I didn't have a scale, but I remember barely eating and feeling completly tortured!). I fell off the wagon that fall, and gained it all back quickly.

Then summer of '08, I lost about 15 lbs, but fell off the wagon again that fall (pattern?).

Then, I came back mid-summer of '09 and have been here ever since, on the wagon, working hard. I started out calorie counting, but struggled with that, so went back to intuitive eating, using the knowledge from calorie counting to make sure I get enough calories. It's slow weight loss, but this is the only time I've managed to stick with it once summer was over, so I feel good about that.

I want to be at a healthy weight by the time I'm thirty. My main problem is binging and eating alone, so my main focus now is to not binge. If I don't do that, I've had a sucessful day. I've been binge-free for 82 days now! I go to the chicks in control forum a lot.

I don't post as much as I'd like, here and there, but I read every day!

Creeech
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm Stephy, 22 years old from New York City. I'm glad we're re-introducing ourselves because I had never gotten around to writing a bio before so I'll sneak a mini one in now ;)

I'm currently a full time student, majoring in Childhood Education, and working a not-so-pleasant minimum wage job at a supermarket. My boyfriend and I are currently eating healthier together, he's a great cook so I'm a lucky gal! I have to plan my meals a day ahead because of my schedule, and I constantly track on The Daily Plate. I'm currently taking winter express courses which are two 12 week courses crammed into a 6 week time slot (basically the same amount of work in half the time) and I'm in class from 12 noon until 10pm Mondays and Wednesdays. Next semester I'm taking 18 credits, so I'm trying to instill healthy habits NOW so I can just naturally prepare my meals to bring to school the night before instead of procrastinating and bringing a sodium-ridden frozen meal with me. Every other day of the week I work until midnight surrounded by high fructose corn syrup and friends tempting me with bad foods! I haven't given in yet :P

I started my journey last summer, but veered off track for a few months around October. I gained 10 pounds back, but recently lost it this month so I'm back to my grand total of a 30 pound weight loss. I have a long ways to go, and I probably wouldn't have even made it this far without the support of you chickies :]

My biggest downfall currently is exercise, I -want- to do it but either I can't fit it into my schedule or my back bothers me. I feel really great afterward, so I need to push myself and maybe even make an exercise schedule that I absolutely have to follow.

One last thing- I've heard of "Diet Buddies" before but do any of you have "Exercise Buddies"? To help stick to your plan and for support?

<3

emilydreaming
01-29-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm Emily, I'm 23, and I live in Atlanta, GA - my favorite place on earth, after Los Angeles. I'm a freelance writer and odd job taker (I drive around kids, tutor English, etc.), and am generally on the whole "trying to figure out life post college" path.

I've been married for three and a half years now to my high school sweetheart. No kids yet, but we do have a fantastic puppy named Sammy and a troublemaker cat named Zoe.

I've been heavy most of my life and because of that learned to accept myself and love myself the way I was. The number on the scale sometimes got to me, but it never defined me - yeah, I was fat, but I was pretty and smart and all sorts of other things too. But when my husband and I moved back to Atlanta in August after a miserable year in Phoenix, something clicked. I was happy after a year of being depressed and disappointed with myself and my environment, and I started to make positive choices: my apartment had a gym, so I went, I drank one coke instead of three, and I realized that I needed, and wanted, to treat myself better. In September, I bought a scale and started counting calories, and now five months in, I'm down 50 pounds. My biggest goal now is to be healthy enough to have a healthy pregnancy and start TTC.

knobhdy
01-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi! :wave:

I'm Knobhdy. Not literally, of course. I have been on 3FC for several years now. I have been going down since last December (2008),:goodscale and so far have lost 26 pounds since then. For most of that time it was very slow loss, though.

I rebooted my exercise plan this January, and I am looking forward to getting under the overweight line before my birthday.
Currently I am counting calories, aiming for 1500 - 1600 a day. Exercising to exercise videos 3 days out of every 4, doing push-ups 3 - 4 times a week, and getting at least 2 days of martial arts practice each week. :lifter:

For me it is all about sticking with it and consistency. The more days "on" that I have the more days "on" I will have. The thing that makes me the most hopefully about this round of losing, is that when I slacked off this Spring, Summer and Fall, I did not gain any weight. I kept losing, albeit very slowly. That in and of itself is a victory for me. :yay:

Souless Angel
01-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm April , I'm 24 living in Maine at the moment (we move a lot) I have two kids ages 8 and 6. I live with my looooooong term boyfriend of 10 years. I'm a stay at home Mom or like I think of it 24hour Zoo coordinator :P
As a kid I've thought as myself as chubby then moved to Cali and started walking everywhere so I wasn’t for a while. Then I moved to Texas with my boyfriend, got pregnant and was stuck doing the domestic thing got bored, ate while I was bored and never really stopped lol. I never really had a grasp on my self image when I was skinny I thought I was fat and when I was fat I was in denial, when I wasn’t in denial I was depressed and overwhelmed about what I had let myself become.
New year, new you seems to be what I'm aspiring to do. I started the year with a better understanding of my problems and a REALISTIC strategy of getting them fixed. I have to keep reminding myself I didn’t get fat in a short period of time and it will take a while to take it off. My means of doing this is calorie counting and exercise. This is it, the time for change is now !! :)

rachael
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm Rachael. I'm 33 and have a husband and a daughter. I'm getting ready to graduate from college and I really feel like this is my year to turn EVERYTHING around. I don't really know what else to say. ha.

jigglefree
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm Daphine, 45 yrs old and moving forward with life. I live in Atlanta and I'm married to a wonderful, supportive and giving man, that's 12yrs younger than me. Yea, I know, I robbed the cradle. We have a little girl that we adore. I'm expecting to be a HOTTIE when this is over aside from being healthy. I feel very optimistic about my weight loss being permanent this go around because I have a plan for maintaining the weight loss. I set goals to be measured every 45 days for sure but I peek along the way to see how my progress is going.

My biggest challenge has always been getting to a point of being close to goal and too many compliments freak me out and I quit. Then before I know it the weight is back again with friends. I've been getting compliments and support from my husband and 3FC so it won't be so overwhelming for me. I guess it triggered a fear in me and I would gain the weight back because I couldn't face the fear of people liking me after losing the weight. Well now that that's settled I can complete the journey and maintain the loss for 80 more years. Yea that means I will live until I'm 125.

dragonwoman64
01-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm Marge, 45, living in Brooklyn with long-time bf and overly spoiled cat Chloe.

I was heavy since I was a little kid, getting up to over 300 lbs as a young teenager. When I was about 16, I lost 100 lbs doing WW, then over the next twenty years, to synopsize it quickly, I went up and down (down when I'd go back to WW, then later Jenny Craig, then up after I'd quit the diets and go back to devil may care way of overeating). At one point I reached my ultimate high of 330. A few years back, I realized for health reasons I just had to get this under control. I'd already worked with counselors on the emotional/binge eating issues, I had to seriously tackle the bad eating habits and start creating some exercise habits. I pulled out my JC/WW information, started walking, and kept plugging at it, losing slowly, with one year when I basically maintained.

I started going to the gym once I got around 260, and I love it.

I've been dealing with some high stress issues right now, looking for a job, and I've been backsliding some, but I'm working on keeping my head about me and stop reaching for food to make me feel better. Coming to 3FC makes me feel better and helps me focus, reminds me to hang in there and keep chipping away.

I really enjoyed reading this thread, thanks for starting it, Sandi

toastedsmoke
01-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Hello all, I've really enjoyed meeting you all and reading all your stories.

My name is toastedsmoke and I'm 23 years old. The last year has been pretty eventful for me, last January ('09) I was at my heaviest weight ever of 275 lbs (which shocked me into getting started and ever since my weight has kind of been in the forefront of my mind rather than something I ignore and don't think about). Also, I finished my Masters' degree, had a quarter life crisis when I realized that I was overqualified and under-experienced and that did not a good job hunt make, became a calorie-counting devotee, decided that academia was the life that suited me, applied for PhD programs, and then decided to move for work. Out of the Country. To another continent. Africa, where I proceeded to gain and lose the same 5-10 lbs over the subsequent months as well as lose complete control of what I put in my mouth.

Last year 3fc was really influential in motivating me and encouraging me and inspiring me to be serious about getting healthy. This year, I want to be in onederland by my birthday in June and at goal by Christmas. But to do that I have to get serious. I was a chubby baby, a plump child, and a fat adolescent, but that doesn't mean I have to be an obese adult. I've been off-plan for a couple of months and I'm trying not to let "tomorrowing" get in the way of getting back on. I can't calorie count (my preferred method) that effectively anymore, but I can make wiser decisions about what and how much goes into my mouth, as well as actually use my gym membership and exercise dvds.

Val424
01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
My name is Valerie I live in Jasper Alabama and I have been a member here since 2006 I have tried many times throughout the years to lose the weight and have gotten to within one or two pounds of getting into the 100s then I sabotauge myself and gain the weight back. I guess I am scared of getting into the 100s and then going back up into the 200s. This time I am going at things differently I am not trying any crazy diets I am just eating "real" food and watching portion sizes. It has been about a month and I am already feeling better so I believe this is my time.

Bellsybells
01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Hi everyone, great thread! I love reading everybody else's stories. It always amazes me how much we all have in common, even when on the surface our lives are so different. That's one of the things I love about 3FCs.

So, I'm 34 and live in NW England with my husband of almost 8 years and 3 cats. I'm a writer and teacher, passionate about local and family history. We moved to this part of the country for work more than five years ago, and we're far from both of our families (well, as far as you can be in England, which is about as far as my friends in the US would drive to the mall ;) ). I get to travel a lot for work, which is wonderful, but also challenging when it comes to making good choices. I've always been heavy, but was a sporty teenager, which kept it at bay (although I do recall going through a SlimFast phase at around 15, which ended abruptly when a flask of milkshake exploded all over my schoolbag in the middle of a class...). Through college, grad school and now real life, I've just gradually gained more and more weight. I was here about 7 or 8 years ago (on a different board), and when I decided to get serious again, this was the first place I came. I'm so glad I did!

marigrace
01-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone, I am 59 years of age, widowed 5 years and (somewhat) unattatched at the moment. I have a thirty year old daughter. I have been an artist all my life... mostly as a singer, song writer, actor, milliner,and soap maker. I enjoy,gardening, studying about herbs for skin care and health, nutrition,and alterative healing.
I started putting weight on at the age of 6. My weight has gone up and down...but mostly up, for as long as I can remember. It has been a learning curve, but I think I'm finally getting a grip. I have decided that this weight is no longer acceptable to me, and I plan on reaching my goal of 140 lbs by Yuletide next year. I can't believe what a great source of hope and support, and inspiration I have found here at 3fc.

Passionista
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Hello! I am a single mother to an almost 17 year old girl, a full time college student studying psychology and behavioral medicine, working in a research lab, applying for graduate school, facing the GRE® (Graduate Record Examinations®) and focusing on my health and wellness.

I work part time as a massage therapist. I follow a mostly plant-based diet (I give in to dairy on occasion but nothing else, otherwise I could claim the status of "Vegan" ). I work out at the YMCA and am always looking for other San Diego people to connect with. :carrot:

I've recently recommitted to losing weight, getting fit and healthier to improve my overall happiness and well-being.

I want to lose over 100 pounds. I'm focusing on making actual positive lifestyle changes and creating (or reinstating) positive habits. Therefore, i'm not so intent on an actual number. I do think being under 200 pounds and a size 14 or 12 would feel so amazing though! For now, I'm hoping for that and to reevaluate at that point. ;)

3FC is helping me with focus and accountability. I am looking for ways to make it happen in my real life too, seeking out buddies, classes, activities and so on which can support my health and an active lifestyle.

I've been blessed to not have the negative physical conditions which often accompany being 300+ pounds; I have excellent blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels. My goal is to continue to exercise, eat healthy, nutritious plant-based food and further decrease my risk of serious illness in the future.

I hope to get to know many of you better! :carrot:

Judy Lynn
01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi, I am Judy from Alberta. I am 50, happily married for almost 25 years, and we have two grown sons, a dog and a cat. I work as an Accounting Technician. It is boring, but pays the bills. I like traveling, camping, reading, surfing the internet, and some reality TV (and Lost!).

I have been overweight since childhood. I've lost weight successfully a few times. Most recently in 2000/2001 I lost 65 pounds on Weight Watchers and was doing really well at keeping it off for a few years until I injured my ankle & foot which put exercising on hold for quite a while. I got on a pity party, and the rest is history. I gained it all back plus about 15 extra pounds. I felt like CRAP! So, fast forward to April 2009.

I halfheartedly started to try counting points again and lost a few pounds. That summer I turned 50. It hit home that I was wasting my life being fat. If I didn't smarten up my whole life was going to pass me by while I was fat. And feeling crappy. I didn't want to return to WW for yet another attempt so I just started counting calories. And I got involved in 3FC, which has made so much difference. I still struggle with getting back into regular exercise. I can't believe I have lost nearly 50 pounds. :carrot: I don't count calories most of the time now. I guess I am kind of doing it intuitively. Whenever I need to buckle down though, I do start counting again.

katkitten
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
hi, I'm kat and I'm a 32 yo new nurse from florida.

I've been overweight since I was a kid but didnt become obese till I was 19. I had been a dancer during H.S. (modern/jazz) and was in a car accident and broke my back. I lost some flexibility but, mainly, I just got out of the habit. plus my freshman 15 was more like the freshman 40. Quittingsmoking added another 30 pounds. Then, I recently went to nursing school and managed to gain 60 lbs in 13 months while learning how to help other people live healthier lives?!

I struggle with impatience on this journey but am trying to change my expectations. it is annoying to see a number on the scale and know that it is both a weight loss AND a higher weight than you were a year ago. But I'm taking it one day at a time and know that, soon, the numbers on the scale will startlooking pretty good to me!

Oh! AND i'M GOING HERE: http://www.biggestloserresort.com/
In October so I am trying to lose as much weight as possible before I go so that i can participate in the more challenging hikes :)

lewelaine
01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
My name is Rebecca. I lived in Japan for 4 years and just got back to the USA recently. I was overweight from around age 6, obese by 11 until age 24 when I started my weightloss. Slowly but surely I'm edging close to my goal. I credit never missing a day of at least 30min of brisk walking + eating a high fiber, low meat diet of lots of cabbage, beans, and assorted vegetables.

Lackie
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello!
Well I am Lackie and I have been on this journey for a while. That a while is like 2 years. Mostly just like 3 months of that seriously. This time is different because it took HBP to get me to change my habits and I am training for 5ks to help my friend with her medication costs for MS. I think it's a huge motivator. :)

time2Bme
01-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi There,

I call myself time2Bme. I'm not entirely comfortable with identifying myself on the internet either, so I'll leave it at that.

I am in my early 40's, happily married with a 11yrs old daughter. I was always a skinny kid, who gained a lot of weight in my early 20's. I managed to get it off and keep it off for several years. I discovered emotional eating in my late 20's and have been basically struggling with my weight ever since. While I've had some slim times, I have gained back the weight, and then some.

I've hit the age where it has started to affect my health. I feel like life is passing me by and I'm chronically afraid of failing at this weight loss game. I am tired of being tired and uncomfortable in my own skin.

I am so hopeful that 3fc will help me stay motivated. While I believe in the need for support groups, I'm also a private person. This site is the perfect combination of support and anonymity.

It has been very nice reading about all of you and your struggles. 3Fatchicks kind of feels like coming home. :)

CandaceG
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi,
My name is Candy and I am 52 years old with four grown children and too many animals, but I like them. I have been a member of 3FC for a while and even though I enjoy reading the various posts I have not posted much myself. I began getting serious about my losing weight about a year ago. I was at loss as to what to eat and how to make this a lifestyle change instead of a diet. I then remembered Richard Simmons, who I liked years ago, though I had never tried his eating plan before. Since April of 09 I have been using Richard's eating plan and exercise instructions and have lost 75 lbs. I got a bit lazy the last couple months and stopped losing but now I am back to being more disciplined again.

Great to read about everyone. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Candy

Jennelle
01-31-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm Jennelle. I've struggled with my weight for my whole life. I've been here awhile...probably ten years! I joined while I was in the throes of a pretty severe eating disorder. I hung out mostly on the 100+ board, then on the eating disorders board. Eventually, the board itself became a big fat trigger for me and I dropped off it for about two years.

In November of 2008, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. It's not the genetic kind, but it is hormone-receptive (?) and directly related to her obesity. I went home to help my sister care for her for that first month after diagnosis and that was the catalyst for me; I knew I never wanted my daughter to have to care for me that way. When I came home that January, I joined WW Online and made a pact to lose a pound a week for 52 weeks, and then I just shut up and buckled down and did it - no excuses for the first time in my life!

So far, I've lost about 60 lbs. My life has been a little chaotic for the past few months, but I've managed to keep off what I've lost. I'm pretty proud of myself for that. :)

mel hughes
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone!
My name is Melissa, and I'm 23 years old from Louisiana. I've been married for a year and a half to the most amazing man in the world. We have two beautiful little boys- Jordan will be 3 this coming Friday and Gage is almost 18 months old.

I've been overweight since I was young. I've gained around 50lbs since high school.

Last year was pretty stressful for me.

Jordan was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder [mild to moderate]. He has therapy 6 days a week, so bringing him to every different therapy has become my day job. Along with caring for Gage, which was pretty exhausting this past year because of how young he was. It is getting easier [and harder because I have to chase him around], as he sleeps through the night more often than not these days. More sleep = happy me.

I also started taking some night classes at a technical college to become a medical assistant. I will be finished in April of this year =)

All of that added with being a new wife made for a busy year. And that brought me to my highest weight, 275.

I've finally had enough. For the first time I'm excited about making these changes. My husband and I just signed up at a gym, and we are working the WW plan. I KNOW I can do this. It just takes effort on my part, which I finally feel ready to give.

3FC is a really wonderful tool and full of information that is really helping me navigate this journey.

susiemartin
01-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Good morning all :)
My name is Kathy and I've been a regular here off & on (under different names for about 4 years).
I'm a total yo-yo dieter. My highest know weight was 288 - my lowest 165.

jay41
01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm jay41 and have been here since december of 2007. I started losing weight in October 2007 after receiving a major wakeup call on the metro when I discovered nobody would sit next to me because I'm fat.

I lost 60 pounds in the first 6 months of 2008 and then fell off the wagon. I caught Lymes Disease and used that as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I went through 10 months of regaining weight -- gained back almost 20 pounds. I fessed up to my issues and came back to 3fc in May 2009. Since then I've been on plan, exercise almost every day, eating whole foods.

I'm a 43 year old lesbian, a computer scientist for the US government, and travel the world on business. I put on most of my weight in my early 20s and went into my 30s at 275 pounds. When I got to my 40s I added 11 pounds. It got scary when I went to walmart and couldn't find clothes.

After losing almost 100 pounds I feel more vibrant than I have in years! I get more looks from the guys (and girls) than I can remember getting in 20 years. I feel strong, and have more energy and stamina than my co-workers in their early 30s.

I feel I wasted most of my 20s, all of my 30s, and the beginning of my 40s because I was too fat to do anything. I will continue on this journey and into maintaining...life will not pass me by anymore!

JustBeckyV
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
I am Becky - 41 and from Iowa. I live here with my son and DH. I have a daughter as well that lives out of state. Lived here most of my life! I have 2 dogs and one cat!!

Started my journey in May of last year. I am glad to be where I am today but man I can't wait to cross that finish line! lol

Starfisch
01-31-2010, 01:09 PM
I am Wanda and I live in Texas. I weighed 115 when I met my husband 25 years ago! Needless to say, I started gaining not long after we met and really ballooned when I was pregnant with my son 23 years ago. I never was able to lose the baby fat. 3 years later I had my daughter and even though I did better with my weight, only gained 30 pounds, I was still carrying the weight of my first pregnancy.

I have tried all kinds of diets! Some have helped, but I never got below 166 which I did on nutrisystem. Unfortunately nutrisystem was too low fat and I developed gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed. I got so sick eating their food I feel nauseated just thinking about it now! I have joined WW for a gagillion times! I stuck with it for a year and a half and only lost 30 pounds. Our wonderful leader quit and so did I. And as always, gained the weight back!

My real eye opener this time, happened at a health fair our company had. I went with a coworker who is tall and overweight, but not like me. I'm short and fat. The people in all the booths looked at me with disgust! My friend got all kinds of goodies they were giving away. Me, I had to ask for them, after a couple, I didn't bother...my feelings were hurt. When we got back to our office she was pulling out all her treasures and asked me, where were mine? I had to say, I didn't get many. That has really stuck with me! And it wasn't the last time either! Fat people really are treated different than skinny people! I too have felt the embarrassment of no one wanting to sit by me..... Fat people have feelings too! I have a coworker that uses the phrase, "fat, dumb and happy" alot, and I hate it! Being fat does not make one dumb or happy! Sorry, didn't mean to rant! But all these feelings are what is making me want to stick with it for the long haul this time! I want to show people who I really am! And I'm NOT dumb.... or happy... I don't want to be the invisible, overlooked, fat, ugly duckling any more!

gloo
01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey everyone, I'm gloo, which is actually a nickname people call me in real life. :) I'm 42, originally from New England and transplanted to the Bay Area in 2001. I live here with my boyfriend of many years, my 15-year old stepdaughter (his child from a previous relationship), and our two adorable and amazing border collie/lab/terriers. By day I'm an executive admin, by night I am a freelance writer and insanely obsessive musical enthusiast. Outside of music and writing, I am passionate about animal rescue, art and pop culture. In the winter I'm an avid crocheter (is that what someone who crochets is called?).

I've been in and out of 3fc for years, but when I came back this time I'd forgotten all my login info so I stated anew. I've been fat, I've been thin, I've been all over the board weight-wise. I lost a good deal of poundage before I moved out to CA, then gained it back and put on the majority of the rest of my excess weight over the past 8 years. In that time span I've lost 20 pounds here or there, but nothing significant.

I like the thought of exercise, detest starting it, and love the feeling I have when I'm done with it. My biggest struggle is actually time, as we have a really weird schedule due to my boyfriend's work hours. My greatest challenge is finding the right time of day to put aside that important hour or so for myself.

We re-adopted a vegetarian lifestyle a little over a month ago, and so far I'm happily meat-free. We're eating more healthily then I can ever remember in my adult life, and fruits and vegetables have simply become our standard fare. I feel so much better these days, and most notably have rediscovered the pleasure of cooking. Since I'm still adapting to life as a vegetarian, I'm having a great time trying out new stuff and developing my arsenal of go to recipes.

I'm really not giving myself the choice to fail this time around. At 42 and this overweight it's only going to get harder as time goes by, so this HAS to be it for me. I'm trying to just accept that as fact.

This community is a godsend, and you all consistently inspire me with your stories and suggestions and provide me a place to visit for support and understanding. Although I don't know many of you quite well, I want you to know that your words are powerful nonetheless. You all hold a very dear place in my heart.

Keep posting your stories, kids! It's great to learn more about each and every one of you.

Happy Sunday! :)

Lyn2007
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi! My name is Lyn, I am 40 years old and the mother of five children.

I have been working on my weight and health since August 2007 when I weighed 278 pounds. I've been pretty successful at keeping off a good chunk of weight, but have been stalled in the same range for quite some time now. No rush, it'll come.

I write a blog about my weight loss and there are progress pictures on it. The link is in my siggy. I love blogging for the accountability!

TJFitnessDiva
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I guess I'll start posting again :lol: Life gets busy & while I have been on plan (and have hit my goal!) I haven't been logging on here as much!

My name is Tanee & I'm from New Orleans. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have 3 children who are 8, 5, and 3...the oldest has pdd-nos (why I've been busy, different meds = adjustment problems at school).

I have just been plodding along trying to figure out the balance I need to maintain. I started in May 2008...it's become a way of life for me and not just a diet. Weight Watchers and 3FC has been a lifesaver!

Welcome to all of the newbies that have popped up since my absence ;)

Beverlyjoy
01-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Chicks....

My name is Beverly. Joy is my middle name. I am 57 years young & live in the midwest. I am a storyteller, puppeteer and writer. I have been married for 32 years, have a son, daughter in law and wonderful grandson. (almost 3)

As some of us here have said...I too have had weight issues - seems like forever. I came to 3fc a couple of years ago and even got just into onederland. 2009 was one of the most stressful years I can remember in a long while and some of the weight returned. But, I will never stop trying to find my way to better health. Seems it is always a winding and twisting journey.

It's been nice to learn a bit more about all of you. After all we are all in this together. Thanks to everyone for their help in this journey.

sucha d0ll
02-07-2010, 01:47 PM
My name is amber alicia. i am 28 yrs old. i have 2 children (ages 11 and 4). we live in northern cali, (east bay to be exact). right now i am just coming back down from another 'flirting session' with the 300lb mark. my highest weight was 320, about 10 years ago. since then i have been pretty steady at 275. most recently i got up to 292. i am just over 5ft6 - so that makes me a pretty big girl. i've been overweight my entire life (i can remember being called fat as far back as kindergarten) i eat purely out of boredom and for comfort.

i recently decided to do something about my weight (for the last time!) this past january. my 4yr old daughter (who is as sharp as a tac) looked up at me when we were standing in the kitchen one day. she says to me 'mommy - your tummy is way too big'. *ugh* i was devastated.

so i am not on that 100lb journey! my goal is to hit 175 hopefully by next year. i haven't set a date. i do better with mini-goals. so my first mini-goal is to hit 250lbs by 7/1/10. that is my birthday weekend, and the bf is taking me to vegas!

i'm so excited to see that there are other people out there on the same wavelength as i am. hope to chat with you all soon! :carrot:

Crushed
02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
My name is Joni. I live in Michigan with my husband and four kids. I'm back on 3FC after a few years away. I've got a whole person to lose, so I'm going one step at a time.

Sunrose
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
My name is Lori and am from Northern California. I am almost 35 and have been married to my awesome, super supportive hubby for almost 4 years. We are both teachers and we have no kids, but our cats are our babies.

I joined 3fc a long time ago, when I was gaining weight, in hopes I could put a stop to it. I was in a bad place and kept gaining until the end of 2004, when I started slowly taking the weight off. I am in a much happier place now, however I am better at mainaining than losing for some reason. I think it's due to not believing that I can do it. So I hover and hover around half way to goal and freak myself out when I get too close. I saw 211 on the scale a few months back (I was dehydrated, so it was a fluke, I think my true weight was about 214) and it freaked me out, so I stopped.

My goal is to break through the barrier that is my mind (LOL) and just get this done. I need to quit being scared of what will happen when I get below 200, what will happen when I get to goal, etc. Lately I've been trying to tell myself that right now is the only thing that matters. The only thing that matters is the choice I make right now in this moment. This works on many levels. It helps stop the worry about the future and how I will handle the weight loss, it works in helping me believe that I can do this, and it works in helping me make heathy choices now instead of putting it off until tomorrow.

Physically, I know how to lose weight. I am just mental, LOL!

slimsilhouette2b
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi! My name is Krista. I just heard about this forum the other day and am excited about all the warmness I've found here so far. I came to the 100+ section because it is such a daunting number and need all the support I can get. :)

I never had weight problem growing up. In highschool I put on a touch of weight but was still in the 'normal' range for my height. First year of college I lost 30 lbs and weighed 128 which was too small for me and my body didn't hold it. I finally evened out at about 135 and was happy with that. A few years later I started gaining weight and put on over 100 lbs in less than a year. When it finally got to where I couldn't walk across campus and couldn't get to classes we went to several doctors and found out I had a mass the size of a softball in my chest attached to my heart. After open heart surgery I was diagnosed with Lymphoma. After chemo, radiation and a year on steriods I was finally well but still fat. I let that be an excuse for too long I didn't have to stay fat. I lost about 30 lbs and got right to 200 lbs but I hated my career and job so much that I gained almost 80 lbs.

10 years later and after making every excuse under the sun I'm sick and tired of being fat!! I have no desire to quit yet and that's a big deal to me... in the past after losing 30 lbs I got comfy and stopped trying then gaining and now I'm heading towards the 50 lb mark and ready to lose more more more!! :) I won't quit this time!!

losinginillinois
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi I Beth, mother of two, married 13 years. I have done this twice before and this last year hit my highest weight ever. My dh is working out with me this times. He wants to get back in shape and that helps. It's been almost 2 weeks and were going strong.

Looking forward to meeting new friends. This board helped me a lot when I did this before.

jewelrymaker81
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys! My name's Laurie, Indiana, 28, single. We didn't eat junk food much when I was growing up, and my mom cooked healthy. She and I both had the tendency to gain weight easily so we were always on some kind of diet. Dad kept junk food in the house for him so I got to sneaking that at times. When I started working in fast food during high school, I gained quite a bit becasue I was always eating there. Still not huge, I was a size 16 senior year (don't know my weight). My parents left the year after I graduated to travel/work in different states and I was on my own. Lived with my brother for a bit, then moved to an apt. with a roommate and we've been living together for about 8 (maybe 9) years now. When my parents left, I just had a heyday buying and eating whatever I wanted and gained weight rapidly. I think my highest weight was 345, and that was just a few months ago. I've started and stopped I don't know how many times. Been on a diet all my life it seems like, just never made it last. This time I've been on it for 3 weeks and it's easier than it's ever been. So I'm hoping this is it, I can do it for the long haul. Got a weigh-in on Tuesday so I'm excited. Well actually, it's supposed to snow so our family fat club meeting will probably be cancelled and I'll have to wait another week! Anway, I LOVE 3fc and all of the support. It's amazing to see that even the tiniest, stupidest problems that being overweight causes, happens to just about everyone. I thought these weird things were only happening to me (like belly button stink that was covered on another thread)!! I'm following WW and trying my best to write down everything I eat, even if it's bad. Thanks for all the support guys. It never fails, I'l be reading through a random thread and there'll be just one little sentence that'll make me go, "Wow!" or, "Oh yeah, I do that too. So that's how you fix that." I love it!!!

Wolf Runner
02-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Greetings from Austin, Texas

I am a newcomer who is so grateful for all your support.

My body ranged from thin to heavy at different stages during my life, but I never had a real hard time losing until I hit about 45. Then I put on about 50 extra pounds. When I turned 49 I quit smoking and over 2 years gained another 75. NO MORE! Time to change! I am now losing, thanks to y'all being here and encouraging me.

I have two grown children, a girl and boy, and have been divorced 24 years. I work the front office at a vet clinic, train dogs, and have gone back to school to get a masters degree in English literature. Now I am losing the weight that has kept me down. I figure my life is mine to live, and I better do it!

I am so inspired by this site - it's pretty amazing the great vibe I've already received - and am so grateful for.

BEST TO Y'ALL

LaurieDawn
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow! Learniing so much about people. This was a great idea, Sandi.

I am a full-time law student and mother of five.

I have always been slightly overweight, though I always thought I was much heavier. I always had a difficult relationship with food, sometimes eating next to nothing, other times eating way too much. When I gave birth to a stillborn baby, though, it seriously impacted my relationship with food, and I gained a great deal very quickly.

In 2008, I lost 85 pounds, with a great deal of help from 3FC. Then my schedule became way more hectic than it should be, and I gained it all back plus a little So now, I really trying to figure out a plan that will work for me while being able to keep up with everything else.

I haven't found it yet, but I will. I lost about 15 pounds since re-starting, but most of that was over winter break.

I'm grateful to have 3FC to help me.

TraceyElaine
02-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Ok my turn I guess. Well I am a mom of 4 married, work 2 jobs and planning on going back to school in the fall. I have been a member of 3fc...forever i guess lol.

I was never overweight as a child. I was tall and thin. As a teenager I was tall and thin around 120-130lbs. I got pregnant @ 17 and gained 60lbs with that pregnancy. I ate out of depression (which I always struggled with but was worse while pregnant) and boredom (not the type to sit still for 5 seconds I was 17 and homebound).

Over the next 4 years I got married, had 2 more children and gained 100 more lbs. I decided to do something about my weight not long after my 3rd child was born. About 30lbs came off easily after he was born and I worked hard for the next 50lbs. I was down to about 205lbs. Then I went back to school. Gained a little back. Then baby # 4 came along unexpectedly. Timing was bad and I was super depressed. So 50lbs came back. I had very bad postpartum depression and slowly crept up another 10 lbs after she was born. Over the next 2 years I would reach a high of almost 300lbs.

Last year I decided to do something about it. I was down to 278lbs when I raly started to make an effort. I lost 50lbs last year. But as the 50lbs lost turned to 55lbs lost I also lost my mojo and and took a break over Christmas. I was back up like 10lbs.

So here I am again trying to get back that glimer of an old me. Trying to be healthy and deal with depression that comes and goes. Less often now but it still effects the way I eat.

So here's to loosing it all in 2010 lol.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm Rhonda, 45 years young, married for 16 years and Mom to two girls, 14 and 10 and to 3 dogs, a parakeet, a bunny, and two gerbils. I'm a born-again Christian who believes strongly in prayer and life change. If you'd like for me to pray for you, just send me a PM! I love to read and love watching TV. I used to love to run, but it's been a while. My goal is to rediscover this love again one day.

I'm a sugar-a-holic and constantly fight this addiction. I've been overweight for most of my life. Hopefully, this is the year when I finally find my way into Onederland.

tlr
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Tracey Alabama Age 41.. Married 22 years with 3 sons.. Been here on and off . Lost my last log in ID so I made a new one. Lost tons of weight only to put it right back on. Here I go again

GiddyupKaos
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone!! I have been a LURKER on this site for YEARS and YEARS....it's time for me to STEP UP.......
I'm Selena...I was married to my high school sweetheart for 20 years and am now divorced for 2 years....No kids, no pets..
I was an athlete in college, I played softball at the University of Georgia on a scholarship....So..... how did I get from THERE... to HERE!?!?? Meaning... I weighed 140 pounds in college and over 240 pounds now.... :(
Well I was in a very abusive (miserable) marriage for 20 years and just didnt' have the guts to leave... so I ate and ate and ate and the next thing I knew I was 40 years old and needed to lose 100 pounds....
After my divorce 2 years ago, I promised myself to lose the weight...just NEVER got around to STARTING......
Well..... here I am now...out of LURK-dom...being accountable for a change!!!!
I know with support from this wonderful site, I can lose THIS WEIGHT!!!
Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me so far.. you ALL ROCK!!!
PS....I have recently met an amazing man....He is very loving and supportive of me....He is very FIT and ACTIVE.....I hope to one day be able to KEEP UP with him... ;) :P
Good luck everyone... I get by with a little help from my FRIENDS!!!!! :D

Onederchic
02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Name - Michelle
Location - NY
Age - 38
Height 5'2"
Starting weight - 330 pounds
Current weight - I actually go between 175-180 pounds
Goal weight - My ultimate goal is 125 pounds

Changes to my lifestyle since July 21, 2008

-No beef or pork or fried foods
-No sweets or junkie snacks
-No white flour foods
-No white rice, no white pasta, no white potatoes

I have incorporated -
-Lean poultry and seafood
-Whole grains
-Fruits
-Lots of veggies

I eat 6-7 times a day.
Daily caloric intake range is 1300-1600
I don't allow myself a "cheat" meal or "cheat" day though on very rare occasions I will have ONE serving of chips or fries.

I count calories using sparkpeople.com
My workouts (except at the moment I am dealing with a lump on my back that causes pain and discomfort) include Wii Fit Plus and The Biggest Loser workout DVDs and Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs which the last 2 incorporate weights and cardio which I really love. When I am able to workout without the pain, I like a 5 day a week schedule with 1.5 hour sessions each day.

I live with my boyfriend of 6 years and my 2 year old chug (part chihuahua, part pug) doggy.

I spend all the bulk of my time on the internet doing various things (including Facebook and Farmville :D).

That's about it for me. Anything else can be found in the links in my signature :D

Hugs
Michelle

Kae
02-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey all! I'm Kaelyn... Kae or KK for short. I'm a 26 yr old single chick from Minnesota. :) I've been visiting 3FC and the 100LB Club off and on for almost 3 years now.

I was a skinny little kid (though I have always thought I was fat) and didn't start putting on weight until my parents divorced when I was 9... then I gained a LOT more after my dad died when I was 12. I didn't make my first attempt to lose until I was 17 and living in an emotionally and physically abusive home situation. I wanted to get some control back and prove to myself I could do it. I managed to lose about 30 lbs (190 to 160)... but the new attention from guys freaked me out and I gained back my weight and THEN SOME in college. Life happened and I went through several years dealing with depression and emotional eating...

So here I am... I really wanted to make a go of the weight loss this time. I want to figure out who I am and what I want.. and hey, maybe even date someone again someday. LOL.

Wizzie
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi! I'm Kim and a newbie here. I have been heavy all my life. I have lost it twice but I gained it all back plus some. Now I'm the heaviest I have ever been.

I've been married for almost 15 years and I have one 7½ year old son. We also have a Bernese Mountain Dog named Peyton.

I really feel like I can do it this time. Everyone seems so supportive here.