Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Default ...Little Advice?

Okay, so I've been eating healthier for about 3 weeks now. There is just one thing that ALWAYS holds me back from ever having a completely "good week". I'll watch my calories and work out so vigorously, that about every 3 days I have a "bad day". All my cravings that have been building up suddenly unleash themselves within the day.

This may not be an awful day, but it's definitely way more calories than I need in order to reach and maintain my goal weight. Keep in mind that these are not binges, but rather a burger in fries instead of veggies and grilled chicken.

What should I do? Make a few hundred calories a day for unhealthy stuff? workout more on these days? any suggestions?
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Personally I take one day out of the week to eat crap. It's not a fully day of crap but it can be burger and fries and a pop or whatever. It's not easy to just cut things out and trust me cravings suck completely but If you have a bad day once a week, make that your day. You can head to the gym and work it off or make it a slack day. One day doesn't kill anyone.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I do the same thing!! it frustrates me....

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

dang i thought I was the only one who did this. I can do so good like 5 days of the week but there's always that one day where I go over my calories. It's not binge-ing but for ie, yesterday I had a jr burger and half a bag of fries for dinner. Not exactly healthy. Eehh, I just workout extra hard those days, but I still feel guilty that I ate unhealthy
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/151/118

Height: 5'7

A lot of times this is your bodies natural reaction to restricted eating. If you're eating a low amount of calories and fat you will get overwhelming cravings to eat fatty foods because it is your bodies way of trying to ensure survival. With that said, I think it is okay to *moderately* indulge once a week, so long as you get back on track after. If you listen to your body and give it what it needs you should be okay. Also, on the days you are sticking to plan, make sure you are eating enough and getting all the nutrients you need. Alot of times we have cravings because we need a certain type of nutrient (protien, healthy fat, etc), and if you figure out what it is, you can choose something healthy to satisfy it, instead of the junk food choice that we usually think it is. Also don't be too tough on yourself.. if you are working really hard and constantly denying yourself and you feel miserable, then it is unlikely that this a plan you can stick to as a long-term healthy lifestyle.
AutumnSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I agree - there's nothing wrong with giving yourself one day, or one meal that's an "indulgence." You can just factor it into your calories or work out harder that day.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Are you happy with what you're eating on your normal days? I know if I get stuck in a rut, eating the same things each day, I start craving those "forbidden foods". However, when I'm happy with my healthier food, I'm happy sticking with those meals.

Could you be satisfied with a healthier version of your favorite foods? Turkey burgers on sandwich thins with oven baked fries is healthier and might curb those cravings. Or just build those days into your calorie budget, maybe splitting a small order of fries and have just half a burger? It doesn't have to be a "bad" day if you plan for it and control the portions
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I always fall into this trap on Sundays. I get started thinking about going back to work, I have several idle hours to wander in the kitchen...and there it goes. It's not a deprivation-induced thing--more like stress-induced self-sabotage. I'm sorry I don't have any good advice to beat it, because I'm still working on it!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #9  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

I'm the same way and it makes me feel totally defeated, but every week I get past it then fall into it again...noodles and chicken gets old after awhile.
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/217.2/130

Height: 5'4"

Same thing here. It's usually on Tuesdays because it's the only day that is none stop running around with no time to eat healthy. At the end of the day I have to stop by my parent's house and I'm usually starving. They're not exactly the picture of healthy eating, but they've never had the weight problems I have either. Tons of junk lying around. It's super hard. I've only been doing this for about three weeks now and every time I think I have it under control, I fall into the same pit that you do...
thelastmartinis is offline   Reply With Quote