Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Default Slap me please.

So I planned on going off program for the holidays and getting back on afterwards. I even signed up for another 17 weeks since my goal was January 4th and I only lost half the weight. It's been three weeks into the new 17 weeks and I can't seem to fully committed again. I keep going out to eat and eating everything wrong (and completely enjoying all the carbs). I'm staying within the same 5lbs of where I was before the holidays, but I just can't seem to get motivated enough for me to say "enough is enough get back on your diet!". Hubby and I signed up for a gym close to home this weekend and I'm excited about getting to work out a lot. But the diet has got to change again. I know I'm not alone in the lacking motivation, eveyone goes through spurts, right? Any creative ideas out there to help me kick myself in the butt? So far I'm going to make a collage with pictures of the reasons I want to lose weight, like the leather coat I'm going to buy. But I could use all the idea help I can get.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

it helps me to look at pictures from when i was thinner. maybe buy that leather coat in the size you want to wear and keep it in the closet and try it on periodically to see your progress. i have a dress i want to get in for a wedding, it didn't used to fit, but does now. i need another goal outfit now, i'm thinking a great pair of jeans. also summer will be here before we know it and i've got a bathing suit that hasn't fit in years that i am looking forward to fitting into.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #3  
MRC works for me

S/C/G: 219/180.5/150

Height: 5'1"

Desilu - I was having the same motivation issues after the holidays too (still sneak a snack after work sometimes - but getting better). To get my head back into the program, I went back to the Yellow menu for the 4 days (read this tip on here) . I thought I can commit to 4 days 100% op. It did help with my carb cravings and the weight I lost helped me see why I was doing this program.
UknowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I'm right with you sister.. I've been having a hard time commiting fully. I'm really good during the week, mostly because I'm at work. But struggle on the weekends. I go out to eat A LOT.. I used to make really good decisions, but not lately. I don't make bad choices, but just not great ones. It's like I got a taste of the "forbidden fruit" and just can't seem to let it go.

I'm trying to up my HNS and buckle down.. It's hard though..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #5  

Try to tackle something new every day? Start with a truthful food journal. You might feel more accountable. Next day keep with the journal and add all of your water back in. That will help make you feel full. Or maybe plan on eating lunch and breakfast on plan and then do a different dinner along with the journal and water?

I also have to remember that it's not what you did yesterday or today but what you're going to make of tomorrow. It's a brand new day and none of your previous off plan choices matter.
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
So I planned on going off program for the holidays and getting back on afterwards. I even signed up for another 17 weeks since my goal was January 4th and I only lost half the weight. It's been three weeks into the new 17 weeks and I can't seem to fully committed again. I keep going out to eat and eating everything wrong (and completely enjoying all the carbs). I'm staying within the same 5lbs of where I was before the holidays, but I just can't seem to get motivated enough for me to say "enough is enough get back on your diet!". Hubby and I signed up for a gym close to home this weekend and I'm excited about getting to work out a lot. But the diet has got to change again. I know I'm not alone in the lacking motivation, eveyone goes through spurts, right? Any creative ideas out there to help me kick myself in the butt? So far I'm going to make a collage with pictures of the reasons I want to lose weight, like the leather coat I'm going to buy. But I could use all the idea help I can get.
I know you said you joined the gym with your husband but find a friend to work out with, that way you'll have someone calling you and really motivating yourself to work out!! I work out at Mission Fitness here in Fayetteville!!
I did the same as you, I'd been OP prior to the holidays; I gained everything I'd lost plus a few pounds. Now, I'm back down 8 pounds and go WI on Monday to see where I'm at. I've been OP 100% since December 27th. I don't look at this as a diet but as a new way of living!! When I was off program during the Christmas holiday I was eating all sorts of sweets!! The more carbs I ate the more I wanted, it was a vicious cycle. I still get sweet cravings and when I do I drink a Light 100 calorie Chocolate Muscle Milk. They have no sugar and 15 grams of protein.
You need to make a conscious decision that your going to live a healthy, fuller life and just DO IT!!!
I have faith in you, I believe you can do it, be strong and commit!!
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

As per your request, please consider yourself SLAPPED! Now straighten up!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote