View Full Version : Weekly Core Chat: Jan. 25-Jan. 31

Tejas
01-25-2010, 07:41 AM
:grouphug:

New Pages!!

:coach:

Tejas
01-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Rise and shine! It's a new week, full of chances to do the right thing.

I've started with two scrambled eggs and one piece of stone-ground whole wheat toast for breakfast. I'm going to see the personal trainer at 7:30, followed by aquafit at 9 AM.

Let's boogie!!

blessedwithsarah
01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Good morning and happy Monday. Its going to be a windy, rainy but warm day today here in MA (over 50 today!). All the dirty snow and salt/sand will be washed away. Around this time of year we need that -- its getting to look too dirty.

Its a new week and my goals for the week:
1. Stick to plan with no alcohol during the week.
2. I'll go to the Y Tuesday, Sat and Sunday again. I will add minutes to the dreaded elliptical machine.
3. Water, water and more water.

Sandra - how long can you go on the elliptical? I know it something I need to work up to, that is one tough machine!

Got to run. BBL

nancy237
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
I love new weeks..

I lost a few pounds that I thought I gained last week..it must have been water
weight because I ate really salty one day.

My personal challenges to myself this week
1) Start walking everyday even if it is 10 minutes
2) Start every meal with a fruit & water
3) baby steps on my attic

beach bum
01-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Ladies :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend I did. Had a few busy days trying to get my house straighten out,now I have to throw out.

Got on the scale this morning and I lost 2-lbs.now that I got back to not eating the comfort /junk foods . I instead made a large bowl of roasted veggies that I snack on all week while watching tv.

[1] exercising only 5 x's a week. with 2 days off.
[2]Upped my calories by zig zagging them again.and
[3] drinking more water.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this week.You're really in control this week. My new friend is going to take me swimming even if i can't swim.She told me it good exercise and even if I just dog peddle,I'll get my heart beating. Wow!! I believe her, she a real good friend and a keeper.

PAULA-Not going out today as the winds:brr: are to strong for me being outdoors. Hope the electric doesn't go out.Those are good goals,and I'm sure that they will work.I have to set up some goal also.

NANCY-Congrats on your weight loss :cheer2::cheer3:,salty products can do that.I thinks that what happened to me last week. without realizing it.What's baby steps in the attic???????Never heard of that expression before.

Have to start dinner.

nancy237
01-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Baby steps are what I call tiny goals to tackle something that seems like an impossible & huge task.

My attic has been on my list for years to clean out, so now I am going to try to find tiny ways to tackle it little by little.

I guess " baby steps in the attic " does sound a bit strange. Even spooky.

sloanie
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Hey chicks! I like how you are all listing goals, so I will, too.
1. Walk M-F this week
2. Stay OP and record my wpa's
3. Increase the liquid I am drinking
4. Watch the carbs

Nancy, I understood the "baby steps in the attic", but it does sound sorta creepy :spid:

Maryann, you sound chipper! It's good to hear :goodvibes

Sandra, will you come work in my yard? We wait until after tax day to plant in Middle Tennessee because of frost, so you have plenty of time. How's the hip?

Paula, funny to read about warm temps up north when it's snowing in Nashville.

Rhonda, I'm really gonna try to do the right thing this week. Wish me luck :luck2you:

I have Bible study tonight, so I've gotta run. TTFN

Tejas
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Paula, it's me on the elliptical. I don't think Sandra's doing that.

I can do 20 minutes. I could do more, but won't because it's hard on my knees sometimes. After 10 minutes, I want OFF!

My trainer says that "intervals" are the best. 30 seconds as quickly as you go, 30 seconds slow. Then do it for 1 minute, not 30 seconds. Then, work up to as much as you can do fast, followed by the same amount of time slow. He says the point is to get the HR up, then down quickly. Also, he says that intervals are hard psychologically because you have to speed up again.

I think just staying on the darn thing is a miracle of discipline.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Rhonda I'm impressed with the 20 minutes. That machine is MEAN! I'm going to the Y tomorrow -- I did just under 7 minutes on Sunday, I'm setting a goal of getting to 9 minutes. It is a good workout though :o

Tejas
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Paula...it's mean and boring! But, it is a very efficient calorie burner, as is any cardio. I just keep telling myself how good it is for me. Good luck with increasing your time.

ontarget
01-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi there. It's been a gorgeous day here, too. I stayed outside a long time. This evening I ordered a new swim cap so I won't be turning green in the water. Tomorrow I get hair color/cut, a manicure, and a pedicure. Am I spoiled? (I hope so.)

Paula, I'm not the elliptical person. I think you're talking about Rhonda. I did 30 min :ebike: today. If I get up early enough tomorrow, I'm going to :swim: before my hair/nail appts. If not? No problem.

Nancy, :woohoo: on the pounds melting. That's great news.

Sloan, my hip is much better. Thank you for asking. I like the listing, too. Here's mine:

1. Exercise at least 30 min a day for 5 days this week.
2. Stay on plan eatingwise
3. Have only 2 Diet Cokes this week.

jay0118
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
This is my 1st post, I am new but roaming around the site I already love all the great feedback and support everyone gives. I will be honest and say I am new to the whole weight losing thing. I never had an issue until about 7 months ago when I started to put on weight, and now I somehow I have found myself 50 pound heavier and wondering how the heck did this happen!!! So my Personal challenge this week is to
1) Drink water, this is never something I have been good at; my only water intake ever came from soda or juice. I hate drinking water, but I am going to try my best.
2) Work out every day, even if itís just walking!!!
3) NO FAST FOOD!!! As easy as it may be to grab something fast it is no longer worth it!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!

nancy237
01-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Jay
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: :welcome:

We love new friends..

Rhonda & Paula ..that machine sounds like a great workout..way to go.

I have been eating a fruit and drinking a fiber drink before eating today and
it has really helped. Not nearly as hungry as normal.

My sleeping has improved so much . I have been taking Melatonin and that has helped. I used to be the one that posted at 4 am .

Robin had 2 doctor appts today. They set him up with a pain management
device called TENS that sends impulses to his back to interfere with the pain
sensations. It has helped alot and he starts PT in the pool Wed.

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Good morning all. WELCOME JAY! Its a great board with wonderful support.

Sandra, glad you hip is feeling better.

Rhonda, I'm off to the Y this morning. got good music on my Ipod and I will work that hideous machine!

BBL

Tejas
01-26-2010, 08:33 AM
:welcome2: Jay! Hop on board. This is a great little group to chat with.

I'll say that my goals this week are:

1. do the program that Todd the trainer puts together for me once more during the week.

2. continue aquafit at least 5 days a week

3. get on that elliptical at least 3 days a week

4. lengthen the walk time with the doggie from 20 minutes to 30

5. lose two pounds (uh huh!)

Have a great day.

Rhonda

ps: do you know about "flylady.com" ? It's a great site for getting your chores organized...

nancy237
01-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Rhonda...

Flylady makes me feel the same way watching Martha Stewart does.
Inadequate....

I like to watch the Hoarders show so I can think "at least my house isn't that bad" :devil::snooty:

beach bum
01-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

The sun is out after having a rainy windy day yesterday.

Took the day off from exorcising even thought I did have to climb the stairs both ways to get my laundry done.

NANCY-Thanks for explaining the baby steps in the attic to me.I don't have a attic but my basement is where I need some baby steps.Got most of it done,now I have to bring all the stuff to the dump. I'm on a high fiber regiment also and it does work to keep hunger at bay.That Melatonin is it prescription or over the counter. I need help in that area.

SLOAN-Thanks I'm trying to keep the happy & positive side of me dominate than the sad & negative. The problem I dealing with is now sleeping well at night. I trying to take a product from Transitional Meds Herbal tea called Night Night if that doesn't work I will have to ask the doctor for a mild sleeping aid.

RHONDA-I really proud of you with all the exercising your doing from spinning to the elliptical.Which exercise do you like better????Wish I had enough room to bring my manual treadmill upstairs.

SANDRA-Don't think you can spoil yourself with just a few nice thing you do for yourself have a great time,and lets see pix of your new due.

JAY-Welcome to the thread,are you going to do the simple filling/core. program. I tried that and it didn't work for me I counting calories via points instead.My range is 26-32 pts. Your goals look good,keep at it.

Woke up late now I have to get off this board and get ready for the day,got lots to do.

aghiowa
01-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Welcome Jay!! I agree that this is a great place for advice and support.

Well guys, it was a week ago today that I made my decision to go sugar-free. And I'm happy to say, I've stuck with it all week now! Even last night when my kids and hubby were having fudge brownie ice cream, I had a sugar-free chocolate pudding. :cheer: I am so proud of me. :lol: I have had more energy this week, and a much more stable mood.

I finally got up the courage to weigh myself yesterday, and first thing in the morning, I was 1 pound less than what I was 3 weeks ago at the dr's office. So, I think I am good for my recommended 1/2 pound a week gain I should be having. I won't cry if I keep it even lower than that, but I know the little guy is putting on a bunch, so I need to be sure to keep him healthy first and foremost.

I finally got some frozen fruit and yogurt for smoothies. I'm looking forward to having one tonight before bed. I have also started knitting in the evening after the girls go to bed. It's hard to eat when you're knitting!

Good job ladies on all the exercise you're doing! I have to be careful right now how much exercise I do and what kind, but after baby's born I plan on starting daily walks again. By April the weather should be cooperative. And when he's a little older, I can get back on my bicycle, which I'm really looking forward to. I think bicycling is my favorite exercise, because you actually get somewhere pretty quickly.

Time to fold some laundry!

Later,
Angela

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
So, I get to the Y and go on the dreaded elliptical. Put in 10 minutes, crank up the toons and watch the TV. I keep upping my time 5 minutes. Well, guess how long I went???

Ready...........

50 minutes!!! I was sweating like a pig and I burned almost 500 calories. I was in a zone and just kept going. pat me on the back!!

aghiowa
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Way to go!!!! Great work! :woo:

Angela

Tejas
01-26-2010, 06:23 PM
50 minutes!!! In ONE session? :tantrum:

Ok, the competition is now ON, Paula. :kickbutt:

I'll do 30 tomorrow no matter what!

Rhonda

nancy237
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I have gotten lots of little errands done today
& Robin and I had a nice lunch at Red Lobster
for his birthday. He is using a TENS unit for the pain
and it is helping quite a bit. It sends electric impulses
around the pain site that disrupt the pain signals to the brain.
I had never heard of it but it is a Godsend right now.

MarYanne..I have struggled with my sleep and started using
an RX this summer . Now I am switching over to Melatonin , a safe supplement that is over the counter that my Dr really likes. It is what our bodies make naturally I think. With it I am just taking 1/3 of the sleep meds occasionally.
I may not be spelling it right.

ontarget
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
:welcome: Jay. We are all excited to have you join us. Sounds like you have a good plan. I remember a few years ago I lost weight by not buying food and eating it in the car. No drive thrus. That helped more than I'd thought it would.

Nancy, I like your idea about fruit and drinks before eating. I hope Robin gets some much needed relief soon.

Paula, 50 minutes! You rock, girl!

Rhonda, I have a good friend who uses flylady. She swears by it. Sounds like you have a good plan. You go, girl!

Maryann, my new do is the same as my old do. I've just revitalized it. :lol:

ontarget
01-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Angela, :woohoo: I am so happy for you. You get an A+!

Lordy, Rhonda, don't overdo it. You're doing fantastically. I'd hate to see you pull a muscle or something.

Nancy, :hb: to Robin.

sloanie
01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey chickies! So far I've kept to my goals. One day at a time, right?

Paula, I am so impressed! 50 minutes on the elliptical is awesome. I can't do it 'cause it makes my feet numb! I guess I'm weird.

Nancy, I'm glad your DH is getting relief with his TENS. That little thing is magic isn't it? BTW, happy birthday to him!!

Rhonda, I like fly lady. The slob sisters are pretty cool, too! I think they have a link on the fly lady site.

Sandra, I'm glad your hip is better. I was watching the weather today, and I don't blame you for spending time outside. It was 68 in Texas while 35 in Tennessee. We are supposed to get more snow by the end of the week, so we are doin' the snow dance. :snowglo:

Maryann, up and down the stairs is hard work. Be careful. Carrying those laundry baskets can be dangerous! :eek:

Angela, congrats on being sugar free! That's an accomplishment. :congrat:

Jay, :welcome3: We are pretty nice to each other here. Come join us!!!

:wave: Vickie

Hope you all have a great night!

ontarget
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi there, Sloan. Yep, it's been gorgeous here. Rhonda may be getting some winter precip Friday but I doubt we will.

Saw Biggest Loser tonight. It was inspiring--as usual. Life is good.

nancy237
01-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey...
Anybody notice anything new!!!

beach bum
01-27-2010, 08:18 AM

Couldn't sleep again last night, so I got out of bed around 6 and had my breakfast and got the garage out,and now I'm waiting until the doctor opens his office at 9:30. I'm going to ask him for mild sleeping pills as I haven't slept right since I went to Leo grave.My friends talked me into doing this as the Traditional Med Herbal teas aren't working.

NANCY-Thanks for your input.I think I ask him first and than I can switch to the natural one later.

SANDRA-OK that's good I usually have the same style also,but it had to be reshaped as it let it go to long.

SLOAN-I'll be careful,when carrying the laundry baskets down the stairs I have my cell phone with me when I go to the basement.

nancy237
01-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Maryann
I am worried about you carrying those laundry baskets down the stairs.
Robin used to carry mine down for me but now he can't.
I have started putting my laundry in a hamper with a laundry bag liner,
and then when it is full I cinch it up and roll the laundry bag
down the steps. I haven't broken any laundry yet;)
Bringing it back up seems easier than taking it down.

PS. Let us know what the Dr says about your sleep.
Getting some good sleep will help you handle everything
right now.

blessedwithsarah
01-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Love the picture Nancy! Its wonderful to see what you look like.

sloanie
01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey chicks! I 've stayed op for two days now. I did not walk this morning, though. My walking buddy was busy this morning, so I used that as an excuse :?:

Nancy, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !!! I'm so glad to see your face!!!! I love the idea you gave Maryann about rolling the laundry downstairs!

Sandra, when is it "safe" to plant in your area?

Rhonda, what's the news on the elliptical? Hope you can still walk :rofl:

Maryann, what did the doc say about your sleeping? I hope he was willing to help. I'm sending the sandman your way :wizard:

Hey to the rest of you chicks ;)

GTG work on "school stuff". TTFN

ontarget
01-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Nancy, you're a goodlooking chickie for sure. It's so good to get to see you. I like putting faces with names, too.

Maryann, I get my hair cut/colored every 4 weeks normally. It was 5 weeks this last time and that was too long.

Sloan, March is pretty safe. I'm not worried about the onions I have planted but don't have much hope for the other veggies. I couldn't help myself and had to play in the dirt. :lol:

We watched "Bucket List" again today. Loved it just like we did the first time.

My eating hasn't been very good today. Life goes on.

Tejas
01-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey Nancy...great picture!

Sloan, my feet can get numb on the elliptical also.

I can walk, Paula...barely. After Todd finished with me today I couldn't even think about the elliptical. He made me do a million reps on lower body exercises. When I said "no more!" He said "Don't be a baby! :bb: Do 10 more." :fr: So, I told him that I was calling all of his professors and he was going to get the hard version of all of the tests!

Anyway, after all that, I did an upper body routine and an aquafit class. If I can move tomorrow I might try the elliptical again. :stress:

Maryann, I think that's a great idea to roll the laundry! I've taken Melatonin before also, and it works.

We're off to watch the State of the Union with other politically minded folks here in town. I'll have to be careful or I'll eat chips and dip! Or, maybe crow.

Have a great night everyone!

Rhonda

Vickie
01-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Good Morning Chicks! We are in day two of our painting escapade. I've had enough and want them to be done. The colors, however, look awesome and I am supremely proud of myself. Some decorating/redecorating may have to be done, but one thing and one dollar at a time.

I've no time to catch up right now but hope to do so tomorrow. I want to tell you about my dinner last night though. Jim and I couldn't even bear to cook veggies last night, we were so tired so we went out to Applebees. Now let me tell you that NEITHER of us is an Applebees fan. We had tried them years ago when the WW menu came out and we were not impressed. We went for the under 550 menu items.

Jim had the Asiago Peppercorn Steak and he thought it was great; lots of pepper flavor. I had the Shrimp Diavalo and it was AWESOME! I can't wait to have it again. It was garlicky and spicy and had TONS of flavor. It didn't seem like it had a lot of fat in it either. My shrimp were outstanding. This was a huge treat! I ate it all but had planned to do so according to my daily calorie intake.

Applebees never gives out their nutritional information but apparently in New York and California, they have to at least give the calorie count. Of course, it's a restaurant and a human making the food so you have to know it could be a bit off. Still and all it was better than not having a clue. There was a lot of food on the plate.

Grilled Shrimp & Island Rice: 290 cal / 1g fat
Asiago Peppercorn Steak: 390 cal / 6g fat
Spicy Shrimp Diavolo: 500 cal / 3.5g fat
Asian Crunch Salad: 409 cal / 1g fat
Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobellos: 450 cal / 6g fat

These are just the saturated fat totals not TOTAL fat. Apparently, they are not required by law to give more.

I tried to dissect the Spicy Shrimp Diavalo because that is what I ate so that I could put it into my calorie tracker. Here's what I came up with if anyone is interested. It is a LOT of food. If I hadn't deprived myself of the calories earlier in the day, I could have probably eaten half and gotten a salad.

Estimated Nutrition Facts Applebees Spicy Shrimp Diavalo

Calories 500.0

Total Fat 8.0 g

Saturated Fat 3.5 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g

Trans Fat 0.0 g

Cholesterol 166.0 mg

Sodium 190.0 mg

Potassium 155.0 mg

Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g

Dietary Fiber 12.0 g

Sugars 2.0 g

Protein 32.0 g

beach bum
01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had my area carpets taken out and cleaned and so I was busy cleaning & buffing my hard wood floors.While the men were here I gave them each $10 and had them move my love seat to the back room and to bring my wing chair to the living roon next to Leo's lounge chair. I now have enough room that it doesn't look all cluttered with furniture.

The next step is slipcovers for the sofa & the wing chair.I already have a idea what I'd like the in a color scheme.

Went to the doctor yesterday to ask him of what I should do about my sleepless nights. He asked how my days were and told him I had no problem with the day as I keep myself busy and I met new friends to go out with from time to time.He was heading that I was depressed,told him NO!!! and than he gave me a prescription for Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia[trouble sleeping]Its helps to get you to sleep faster & sleep through the night. It worked as I left like the energized bunny this morning.

NANCY-I know it scary to go down the stairs now that I'm alone. I do have my cell phone with me when I go down there,as a good friend of mine fell down the cellar stairs and broke her hip but she didn't have a phone with her and she yelled for 1/2 hr before help came. It was to late she passed a couple of days after the accident. I was told at the senior center to go down one stair at a time holding the basket on the previous step. Thanks for your suggestion I will give it a try next week.

SLOANHe gave me some pills and said that should do the trick. Read above.

SANDRAMy hairs stylist told to me wait 6 weeks for a trim or cut in the winter months but in the summer when its warm she suggested every month.

RHONDA-Thanks I'm going to give them both of them a try.

VICKIE-I sure your decorating or redecorating will be beautiful I'm starting to clean up my living room. Wish we had a Applebee's near us. The food that they advertised looks so inviting.

Have to get ready for choir rehearsal.see you guys later

Tejas
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone:

Some new furniture came today. We got two recliners for the den and a recliner couch for the TV room. The furniture that I was really excited about, and thought was coming also, didn't. That's three pieces for the LR. It will arrive in 10-14 days. I'm impatient, but grateful to be able to furnish the new house.

DH capitulated on the painted cabinets issue when the painter explained how hard it was to do anything except restain in the dark color, or paint. The painter said pickling needs to be done on new wood, and that staining something lighter is next to impossible. So, in about a month we're going to have the painting done. I'm looking forward to a lighter, brighter kitchen..but, not to emptying the cabinets and living with a week of mess. Whine, whine, whine.
We should have had this done right away, before settling in. Oh well...

I'm not meeting all of my goals, especially walking the dog for longer. I had good intentions today, and we are having good 'ole Texas thunderstorms today. Heavy rain, thunder, lightening...no tornados though.

I'm trying to eat very low calorie today. I get a little grumpy :lol:

Rhonda

sloanie
01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi chickies! NO SCHOOL TOMORROW :woohoo: So far, so good with my goals. I won't walk tomorrow since school is closed, but I may try to be active in some other way.

Rhonda, I would love to be getting new furniture! Good for you!! What color are you going to have your cabinets painted?

Maryann, I'm so glad the doc listened to you. A good night's sleep is sooooo important. I was so sad to read about your friend that fell. Please, please, please be careful!!!

Vickie, your dinner sounds yummy! What colors did you settle on for your rooms?

Sandra, do you plant tomatoes? I love tomatoes :hungry: I think I'm going to try one of those hanging things that you plant tomatoes in this summer. Our ground is so poor and full of rocks. My sister in law (they live next door) started some raised beds last year, and she really enjoyed them.

I hope the rest of you chickies are having a lovely evening!! TTFN

ontarget
01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Sloan, this is my first "halfway serious" attempt at vegetable gardening. I will plant some tomatoes later on but it's way too early now for them. I'm thinking of planting mine in pots. I might plant one in a flowerbed but haven't decided. We don't have a veggie specific garden. Curtis has been trying to decide on that. We have 2 acres and he can't decide where to put one. :lol:

Rhonda, I'm glad you're getting your cabinets the way you want. We want to get together with ya'll soon after tournament season. I don't know if I'll be able to recognize you then or not. However, you won't have any problems at all recognizing me. :sad:

Vickie, thanks for the Applebee's heads up. I'd love to see photos of your new rooms.

I'm finished with my root canal. Went this AM to Dallas for it. This afternoon we were in Ft.Worth for Curtis' appt with an allergist. What next?

nancy237
01-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry , but I haven't caught up on everyone's post ...
I'll do that tomorrow.

We are forecast for a weekend of snow and ice and temp's in the teens at night.
We have someone coming to cut some wood tomorrow for our wood stove just in case the electricity goes out.

Today was in the 60's so I got some things done outside. It was nice to get some sunshine for a change.

I have been in my pajama's since 5 pm because my clothes got wet
while working outside . Glad no one came to visit.

I found the web site "43 Things" tonight. You list up to 43 goals and then you can post or read posts from people with the same goals. Fun site.

Maryann ... That is the sleep medicine I take. I split the pills into thirds now if I take it. I am glad you got something for your sleep.

blessedwithsarah
01-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Happy Friday! BRRRRRRR its tooooo cold here -- highs today of a whopping 19 with strong winds. Should feel below zero all day. Wonderful....

I'm doing well with my goals - I'm still walking the dog at night and I'll hit the Y tomorrow and Sunday. I've updated my ticker and I'm a happy girl. Lost 1 pound this week. I do need to look for some recipes this weekend. I need some new stuff for lunch.

Hope you all have a great day!

Vickie
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The sun is out but we are only expecting a high of 10 degrees today. I haven't checked the wind chill yet. In Chicago, you can expect it to be significant. We are only expecting the heating guys to come today. Thankfully, our furnace is fine but our humidifier is not working properly. One needs that when the dry forced air furnace is running non stop.

I plan on taking it much easier today. My painting is done and I love the colors. Now for the stuff I'm bad at!

I'm going to go eat breakfast and then come back and catch up with all of you from the past two days.

I'd drink my water but it's frozen!:rofl:

Tejas
01-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi Everyone:

My, everyone sounds optimistic. That's good; we can do this together.

I noticed a woman at the gym on Monday who had a very strong body and she was doing some exercises with full vigor. I talked to her today--she's a personal trainer who runs a boot camp here. Well, I just wrote her a long email and she's going to consult with me. I love what I'm doing, but I want to do more and to do it more efficiently. Her camp begins at 5:15AM! I told her that I had done that early morning thing for months, and had NO desire to do it again if I didn't have to!! I'll let you know what she says.
It might be that Torture Todd is enough.

I really do seem to want to overeat, but I'm not. I'm just trying to sit with these feelings and figure them out. I'm doing what Vickie says about water, drinking lots of it.

We're going to a fund raiser tonight to help expand the local farmers' market to include more farmers and to bring in artisans and craftspeople.

That's it from North Central Texas....where we're having blustery, cold weather today. :brr:

I hope you have a great night.

Rhonda

ps: the cabinets are going to be white, so that I can see what I'm doing! Now, they're dark oak, which was so popular in the 70's. I appreciate it, but I need to be able to see.

ontarget
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Sounds like the country's in the fridge, doesn't it? We're cold here in North Central Texas, too. I subbed this morning and had to head out in a heavy rain. It's not raining now but is still cold. We aren't really expecting snow or ice but both are possibilities.

Paula, :woohoo: on losing 7 pounds.

Nancy, I'm in pj's, too. I put on my fluffy bright blue robe and rubber boots and put out birdseed a few minutes ago. Cardinals were in the feeders before I could get my boots off. Life is good.

Rhonda, where are you? Are you keeping warm?

Vickie, our water isn't frozen, but it's cold.

Well, friends, I'm ready to get back on program. I haven't done too poorly today but could have done better. My hip is still acting up. I'm seriously thinking about going to a chiropractor but am afraid I might hurt worse. With indoor championships in the upcoming weeks, I can't risk hurting any more than I already am. I just worry about Louisville. We have to do A LOT of walking when we're there. I have noticed that my right foot points to the side when I'm walking. It's my right hip that's hurting. Anybody know anything about such stuff?

ontarget
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Rhonda, we must have been posting simultaneously. I can't get over how dedicated you are to exercise. You rock, Cuz!

nancy237
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
We have 6 inches of beautiful show and it is still coming down.

I nice man came yesterday and cut more than enough wood for the woodstove
in case our power goes out. We keep it burning as much as possible to keep the
heating bill down.

Robin says his back is about the same but I have noticed he putters around the house much more than he did a few weeks ago. Good sign.

Everyone keep warm today!!

sloanie
01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey chicks! We had a snow day yesterday, and DD was off from work. We stayed in our pj's all day:dz:

Nancy, we have lots of snow, too! I think we are up to about 5 inches, and it is still coming down. I don't know about NC, but in Nashville everything is closed, including the malls! I'm glad you are noticing an improvement in Robin. I don't know if you remember, but myDH has had two back surgeries. Sometimes he gets down and does not even realize that he is improving! I have even thought about keeping a calendar to show him how much he has improved. Hang in there! I know it is really hard to be the encourager all the time, so if you need to vent just let it fly!!!

I hope the rest of you chickies are having a great day and are staying warm. I'll check in later :wave:

beach bum
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM

Not going out this morning as the temps when I woke up ,was 9%. Going to work on getting all my taxable items ready for the my accountant.We had a lot of medical bills last year.

Than I have to get going and get Leo's & mine clothes that doesn't fit in a bag for the Big brothers Big sisters that pick up at the curb.

So there's going to be lots of things to do today to keep me busy and out of trouble.

Had a great time with my with my new friends we all met at the BBC pub. Got home at 3 PM,than some how the day few by and its was time to start supper.

[B]SLOAN-Lat night I didn't need the sleeping pills as I slept alike a baby.
I will be careful now I learned to keep my cell phone strapped to my side,so its easy to reach when I in trouble.

NANCY-Hoping that I don't have to take them every night as I don't like taking any kind of pills especially sleeping pills. Going to use them in future when I really need them.

Can't believe its a 11:30 AM and now it time for me to get going,have a nice morning,will try to get back this afternoon.that's if I don't get involved with the golf tournament.

Tejas
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Good morning:

There's a lot of snow out there in Coreland! We even had a little bit here last night.

I've been to aquafit and am off with DH to do some errands. I'm trying for a low calorie day today.

Have a great day everyone...BBL

blessedwithsarah
01-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow, everyone has the snow but MA, where it should be. ITs just COOOLLLD today. Went to the Y at 7am, it was a whopping 7 degrees, dropped to 5 by the time I drove there. I did go 50 minutes again on the elliptical, burned close to 500 calories. I also found an ab-crunch machine. I'm going to do reps on that each time I go -- better than sit ups! Got home at 8, got dd to gymnastics by 10, ran errands and was home by noon. I'm taking DD to swim at the Y at 3:30. I'm hoping her friend will come too, that way I don't have to go in......but so far no call back. So I may be swimming. Oh well, should be fun.

Maryann, good luck on the taxes. We don't see our accountant until early April. I need to clean out some clothes as well, dd's mostly. For some reason she keeps getting taller! I ask her to shrink, but she won't. :)

Off to get laundry done, then I need to take care of a bikini line (not that I'll ever be in one of those). Have a good rest of the day.

ontarget
01-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Paula, we don't have any snow but have some ice in puddles all over the yard.

I'm going for a massage in a few minutes. Life is good.

sloanie
01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Lazy, lazy, lazy. I have done nothing but sit and knit. DD colored and trimmed my hair, and we made some plans to paint and decorate her room. The snow has not melted one little bit, and I'm starting to wonder about school for Monday.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good night. Sounds like things are going well.

Paula, you sound busy! Did you have to swim?

Sandra, a massage sounds delightful!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!! Have a cozy night!

ontarget
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
I am home. My massage was more medical than pampering. I have a good friend who's a masseuse (sp) She told me my pelvis was torqued and was pinching nerves on my right side. She was right! She worked on me an hour and I'm feeling much much better than I have in weeks. I go back Wed for her to work on me some more. Life is definitely wonderful!

aghiowa
01-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still here...just been busy the last few days.

Sandra, I'm glad the massage helped your hip feel better!

Vickie, definitely post pics of the new paint.

I am so very glad tomorrow is the last day of January. There's something so nice about knowing each day we're heading closer to spring, although here in Iowa that doesn't hit till mid-late March.

I'm still doing well with my goal of not eating sugar. I think more carbs have been sneaking in, and making me feel like overeating. I need to get back to planning out each meal before I eat it and making sure I have a decent amount of protein each meal.

My next doctor's appointment is on Monday, so we shall see where I'm at weight-wise then.

Hope everyone stays nice and warm, and meets their goals this week!

Angela

Tejas
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I managed to stay low calorie, having only about 1200. It was a real struggle, especially tonight. I had some popcorn in those 100 calorie bags.

I spent most of the day at home since in the end I didn't go out with DH while he ran errands, including getting a new computer. I unpacked more boxes and got the bedroom almost finished.

Sandra, I'm glad your hip is better.

Sloan, that sounds like an almost perfect day.

Paula, and why not a bikini someday???

Good night all,
Rhonda

sloanie
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Almost 3:00 am!! What is wrong with me? Oh well, I'm glad tomorrow is Sunday, and I can take a nap.

Rhonda, I think my "almost perfect" day may be the problem. I did not nap, but I sure was lazy. I'll be sure and get more exercise today so I can sleep better tonight.

Tejas
01-31-2010, 07:59 AM
I was awake at 4AM, and I had not taken a nap. But, I went to bed at 10PM, so I'm not suffering too much. It is a good time for all of those tasks you don't want to do. I've been filing papers! :dizzy:

I'm going for two low calorie days in a row. That won't be easy since we go out for breakfast on Sunday with the family members. It's hard to avoid those biscuits sometimes!

Also, today I'm not going to have any "bad" snacks. I'll stay strictly CORE! Wish me luck.

I hope everyone's day goes well.

Rhonda

aghiowa
01-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Good luck Rhonda! It sure is hard when people are "enjoying" all around you, but I know you can do it!

Angela

Vickie
01-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Sorry I never got back the other day. I'm trying to put my house back together and it's harder and more work than I thought. We decided to wash all of the cabinets in the newly painted rooms and all of the "stuff" before we put it back away. And then we also decided to make sure we wanted to keep each item before we put it back in.

I'm doing ok on program but I also have a crisis I'm dealing with which is why I can't stay now. The little Sister of one of my closest girlfriends is dying of lung cancer. She's a smoker, and has been since she was 14, but she's only 42. It's stage 4 and in both lungs and she's been on a respirator for over a week. She has no husband and her estranged 22 year old Son and my GF are trying to decide what to do. Horrible and so upsetting. My GF asked us to go out to have lunch with her today so she can blow off some steam. Unfortunately, she picked the place and we agreed. I'll be as good as I can but it's really not about me right now. My GF's BP is sky high even though she's on medicine. She's seeing her Doctor often through this and he put her on more medicine temporarily. She and her family can use a couple of prayers and good thoughts if you can spare them. This is what we all put up with I guess to pay for the times when life is so sweet and good.

Enjoy your lives everyone! Trust that I care about all of you and hope you are doing well. I'll be back as soon as I can.

nancy237
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Vickie...Prayers sent your way...I am so glad your girlfriend has you right now to lean on

I was terrible with my eating yesterday. I had bought some special "snow day" foods for my son and I did not resist them very well.
I can resist sweets but salty chips and stuff are my weakness.

My 17 year old is very angry about us not letting him drive today on the icy
roads. Robin worked with him yesterday to learn to drive on the snow, so now he thinks he is an expert and we cannot make him understand that the roads today are ice which is different than snow.
I sure miss snow days when the kids were little and it was all about
hot chocolate, sledding in the neighborhood, and keeping their
clothes dry!!!

beach bum
01-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh Vickie I'm So Sorry To Hear This. My New Friend From The Bereavement Group Lost Here Dh 3 Months To Lung Cancer,i Believe He Was In Stage 4 Also. Leo Thank Goodness Was In Stage 3a And Was Able To Be With Me 3 More Years.

Hope That Her Son & Girlfriend Will Be Get Things Done

ontarget
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Vickie, I'm so sorry but am glad your friend has you to lean on. My bp would be high, too, if it were happening to someone I loved. I can't imagine losing a child. That has to be horrific.

Rhonda, you're doing so well. You have definitely heard the click.

Sloan, do you have school tomorrow? Will you know before morning?

Angela, congratulations on being sugar free. You have a lot of willpower.

Nancy, I am really enjoying getting to see you. Thank you again for posting your photo.

Now isn't this amazing? I may be finished whining about my hip. :lol:

Tejas
01-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi All:

Vickie, that's sad news. I have a friend who never smoked, was never around tobacco, and has advanced, incurable lung cancer. It's very rough, indeed. Good for you for being available.

I've been able to stay around 1400 calories today. It wasn't all Core, but it's not been too bad. Taking a nap helped :lol:

I had big plans to exercise again today, but well, you know how that can go sometimes.

So, a 17 year old wants to drive on ice?! Oh, boy. Good luck with that!

Rhonda

sloanie
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Hey chicks. I've had a very productive day in spite of being up in the middle of the night. DD and I did a Leslie Sansone walking video on comcast this morning, and we were very proud of ourselves. After our exercise, I spent the better part of the day cleaning out and organizing my sewing room. It is about 6x8 but is sort of T shaped, and it was stuffed full!! Several hours and three jumbo trash bags later, it was done. We have not been out since the snow came cause our drive way is extremely steep and about 1/4th of a mile long. DS tried to drive up this afternoon, but gave up on that idea when he started to fish tail. I'm glad he was a chicken and just walked up.

Nancy, my DS (almost 20 years old) drove today, but the roads were slushy not icy. He will have class tomorrow from 6p to 8p, and I'm not looking forward to that as the roads may be frozen by that time. He is pretty cautious, so I'm thankful for that.

Sandra, we do not have school tomorrow, and I already have plans to strip wallpaper in the dining room. Wish me luck. Oh yea, I may do the walking video again, too!

Rhonda, we should have talked this morning. I did not fall asleep until after four am. I have not had a nap today, though, so I'll probably sleep better tonight. Hope you do, too!

Vickie, prayers for your friend have already been sent. Let us know how things are going.

Hi Maryann and Angela!!

TTFN

ontarget
02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Rhonda, it's probably good that you took a day off from exercising. You don't want to burn out. Sounds like you did great with the eating.

Sloan, you're getting a lot done. Everything's working out well for you for getting things done.

Just snacked on a banana. Life is good.