100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menu, Exercise, etc - week of Jan. 25

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Are you looking for a place to put your daily menu, exercise, accountability, a little chat, etc....Please join in.

Beverlyjoy
01-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday was a really good on plan day. :) I am very grateful. I mostly did all the things I wanted to include in my day. My cold is improving - I still can't taste anything. It's very strange. :dizzy: DH brought home some dark chocolate and was very surprised when I didn't want even a nibble. I told him that if I can't taste it - I don't really want it...hmmm. My foot is not as sore as it was on Saturday.

- lots of water
- stretches and strengthening
- working on learning about the difference between hunger, cravings and desire
- log food and time taken to eat meals and snacks
- no seconds
- fork down between bites
- no eating while standing
- meditation - done!

breakfast - 1 english muffin with 2 t. npnb, clementine
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich, veggies and 1 T lite dip
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - salmon, potatoe, butter spray, salad
snack - cereal, milk, 1/2 banana

I hope you all have a GREAT day. :D

Michelle98272
01-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Two full on-plan days down! I am using my Daily Plate account, tracked literally every morsel, got out in the fresh air for activity (I cringe at exercise!) drank lots of H20, am switching green tea for coffee. I woke up excited to hop on the scale to see if my "experiment" was working and I've lost 2 lbs. I wish the 2lbs lbs per 2 days continued but I know that's not realistic. I've adjusted my ticker to reflect the loss and plan to have my official weigh day Monday.

I let my 9 year old son know we are adopting a more active lifestyle which includeds Wii bowling, boxing, golf and some MarioKart just for fun...(Wii really helps sell that kind of change to kids!)walking, playing in the park, dancing to music on the radio and a healthier lifestyle when it comes to eating too. He's excited to get started. Luckily both my kids are great eaters and don't mind trying new stuff. My 19 year old is off to college, lives with her boyfriend so I don't have to worry about selling a plan to her.

My son told me out of the blue last night when I kissed him goodnight, "Mom, you look healthier already!" Bless his little heart! He's such a lover and a great cheerleader!

Today, I've planned out my meals and activity, have packed a bag with lunch, snacks and green tea bags for work. I have a snack specifically planned for the 3pm hour to stave off the famished crazy eating that happens when I get home if I don't plan ahead. Here's to hoping no friendly soul brings treats to work! I find it hard to pass up the goodies which are layed out on a table near the copier.

Heres to my friends here for an in control, on plan week! And an extra heap of love and support in advance to anyone who might struggle! *HUG*

mj5
01-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Good Morning! I did well yesterday! YIPPEE!!!

Beverlyjoy--Hope that cold goes away soon! SO glad your foot feels better!

Michelle--Sounds like a great plan!!! Great job on the loss too!

I did not hop on the scale this am....TOM is here, so it would be a totally inacurate #. My knee feels better today. I am going to keep icing it at night, it certainly seems to help!

Today I HAVE to focus on my annual report. I HAVE to e-mail my first draft to my supervisor by the end of the day....so no more procrastinating!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

Slashnl
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi all. I didn't get to go to the gym this morning because I had to take my son and his science project to school. I feel a little tired, and I think a lot of that is because I didn't work out. Oh well. I'll get it tomorrow.

MJ - I'm with you on not weighing in today and for the same reason. I can tell it will not be good, so I'm skipping it.

Michelle - I understand the trouble with having treats at work. We have stuff here a lot too. Just tell yourself that someone with dirty hands touched them all or sneezed on them. Kinda sick, but it works for me!

Beverly - Glad you're getting better!

Have a great day everyone!

brandijune44
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I had a pretty good weekend...and it looks like you all did too! Way to go :carrot: Yesterday I was able to make it to the gym and get 50 minutes of elliptical and biking in even when my husband stayed home, watched football and drank beer. It was very appealing to stay with him, but I resisted. YAY Brandi!

Here is what my day looks like:

B -
Apple 1
High Fiber cereal 2
Lite Coconut milk 1

S -
Brown Cow Yogurt 3

L -
Ravioli - 4
Breadstick - 1.5

S -
Orange - 1

D -
Chicken Torta - 8

S - Trader Joes Cookies - 2

Total - 23.5 points

Exercise - walk to Weight Watchers meeting (wish me good luck!)

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

soulnik
01-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Chickas!

I had an interesting weekend. Weighed myself on Saturday and was down 5 lbs! Ate a WHOLE bag of kettle corn Saturday and Sunday and on Monday was up a WHOLE pound. That'll teach me.

Worked out with Wii Active this morning and planning to walk the mall this evening. Need to drink lots of water because I know I'm retaining.

Here's the food plan for the day (and I WILL get my kettle corn usage under control):
Morning
1 serving(s) Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5

Midday
lean cusine - Quick-added food 6
1/2 cup(s) mixed vegetables 0

Evening
2 small tortilla, flour, fat-free 1
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
1/2 cup(s) mixed vegetables 0
1 Fajita mix 4

Snacks/Deserts
3 small clementine 1
1 bar(s) Peanut butter cookie 3
1 large apple(s) 2
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5

@Beverlyjoy - Nice with the chocolate. I have to say, I would have eaten it anyway.

@Michelle98272 - Your son is a darling! I love Wii for working out. I have Wii Active which is like having a personal trainer!

@mj5 - I avoid the scale TOM too. Why torture yourself? Good luck on your report!

@Slashnl - Hope your energy level picks up!

@brandijune44 - Go Brandi! Working out when you could have vegged! Good luck at your WW meeting tonight!!!

Have a good day chickas!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi Friends!

Today is on-plan day #1 again. This time, I'm not worrying about calorie counts. Yep, I'm being a rebel! :lol: My goals for this week are to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks each day, take my vitamins, drink 4 glasses of water and walk for at least 30 minutes. And, I'm eating healthy foods. No junk. No white refined foods. No added HFCS and sugar.

Beverly - so glad to hear that you foot is less sore today and your cold is better. Although, not being able to eat sounds like a great symptom for a few days.
Michelle- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
MJ - Glad to hear that the knee is less sore. Hope the report goes smoothly.
Diane - I can't wait for the day when I say that I feel more tired from missing a workout!
Brandi - Congrats on choosing workout instead of beer and the game!
Soul - Hope that water weight wooshes away.

Have a great on-plan day.:grouphug:

Beverlyjoy
01-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi chicks! Yesterday was a good healthy day. :) I am grateful. I stayed on track and incorporated most of the things I am working on....water, fork down between bites, aware eating,...... plus I am down one more pound from last week. :D (that's 8 pounds down since right before New Years) :carrot:

for today
breakfast - egg white scramble with cheese, mushrooms and turkeky pepperoni, toast and butter spray, clementine
lunch - mashed cauliflower with cheese, crackers, red peppers
dinner - 12 grain pancake, 2 boca strips, sf syrup, applesauce
snack - oatmeal, milk, 1/2 banana

Rhonda - so glad you've had a good day. :) You've got a good plan to getting back into healthy eating.

soul - down five is fantastic.:carrot: great plan

brandi - good job on getting to the gym! :D Great plan.

slash - hope you can get your workout in today! :)

mj - yay....a good day yesterday!! :D

michelle - down 2 pounds is GREAT.:carrot: I love what your son said. :):)

Have a great day.

Also - I will not overeat or binge today - my usual MO on the day I weigh myself.

mj5
01-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone! Today is a gym day!!! My niece started texting me at 6:15am....oh boy, I just might regret telling her! LOL!!!

Diane--Did you get to the gym this morning?

brandi--GREAT job getting to the gym!!!

soul--Great job on the loss!!!

Rhonda--Sounds like a great plan! I know yuo can do it!

Beverlyjoy--Yippee! Another good day!

I was totally OP yesterday. That makes two days in a row!!!

I need to make sure I drink lots of water today.

Trazey34
01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
ergh forgot my lunch bag today! emergency rations til i get home lol

br: low-sugar oatmeal - instant packet from my desk drawer, a banana from a few days ago LOL cup of coffee
Lu: chicken noodle soup from desk drawer, triscuts with lite cream cheese, apple
Snack: after that crappy lunch, i'll need something LOL cup of tea & Fibre 1 bar

Din-Din: grilled steak, baked potato with salsa, biiiiiiiiiig salad, corn on cob
sugar free jello to go crazy! wooot!

dgramie
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I had a great day yesterday and stayed on my diet.I did use 5flex points to enjoy my bday cake. Just one slice was plenty!
food today
thin bun with peanut butter
fish fillet and veggies
porkchop and greens and baked potato.

rakel
01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Checking in! Food is... decent. I haven't been very hungry lately. I guess that's a good thing, but for the past two days I didn't eat any breakfast which I know isn't very good. I just wasn't hungry at all until like 12:30pm. And even then, I just ate "normal" size meals. Yesterday I had about 500 calories for lunch, and for dinner I ate 4 small tacos - maybe one more taco than I would normally (around 700 cal), and later had a snack. I ate maybe... 1500 cals total? I didn't finish putting in my food from yesterday yet, but I will after lunch, as I am pretty curious how much I actually ate. My goal is to exercise 1hr tonight.

Outside of weight loss... we're gearing up for a move as our lease is up March 1st and we are finally prepared (we have been saving our pennies!) to do so. We're going to look at a house on Thursday. It's our top pick, so we're hoping that we can check it out, submit our application and hopefully in a week or so we'll know if our application was approved. If not, then we have a couple other homes that we'd like to check out. Eeee!

raebeaR
01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
'Morning, gurlz,

Also checking in here... a very busy day today, catching up on errands that have gone wanting since work has been so crazy, so no personals -- but know I am thinking best thoughts for you all!!

My life has turned into a nutty drama involving too many men all at once... I'm out of practice for all this. Let's just say I had a most unexpectedly interesting weekend with my handyman, which definitely complicates the old flame's visit in February....

On the plus side, I am so over food!!! I'm having to focus on eating (who, ME???) to get enough calories in for the day. And I won't make any insufferable jokes about exercise.

I'm staying easily on plan and have nearly lost my 6 lb. "gain" from adjusting my Wii Fit balance board's feet. My ticker is still lying, but only by a pound!!

More soon.... take good, good care, all!!

Rae

brandijune44
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Good morning everyone!

I did pretty well yesterday but overate a little at dinner. Yesterday was my weigh in day at Weight Watchers and I too tend to overeat on Monday evenings. I tried to maintain a positive attitude which I was fairly successful at. I lost 1.6 pounds, which is good...but I am just used to losing more at the beginning. I feel like I am doing almost everything I can be doing (working out every day, incorporating weights, sticking to my food plan) and losing less than 2 pounds per week. What happens when I'm not perfect? I'm trying to not be anxious and just keep taking one step after the next...but it is a struggle.

soulnik - I LOVE LOVE LOVE kettle corn. I haven't incorporated it into my plan because I am afraid I can't control myself yet. Way to get back on plan!

GirlyGirlSebas - Way to get back with it and choose less processed and more whole foods. I really need to focus more on that aspect.

mj5 - How was the gym? You are so inspiring to get going that early in the morning!

dgramie - Hope you enjoyed your birthday AND the ONE slice of cake! Way to stay on track!

rakel - How exciting about the house! Moving is such a pain in the rear sometimes, but I always find it to give me a sense of a "new beginning." Hope things go smoothly for you!

Beverlyjoy - So as you can see...I so relate to your overeating on weigh in nights. I need to do better! I didn't quite go as overboard as I sometimes do but I really do need to make more of an effort. We can do it! I'm determined to get better every week!

Here is my day:

b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 4
s - Brown cow yogurt - 3
l - grilled chicken salad - 6
s - orange - 1
d - Garden burger, sandwich thin, roasted red pepper soup - 5
s - TJ's whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: Weight lifting day/ 45 min. cardio

rakel
01-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Update: did my calories for yesterday: 1847. A little more than I thought, but then I remembered that I had some Ginger Ale with dinner.

Slashnl
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone! Lots of posting going on... that's great!

Well, I made it to the gym today and was in my spin class. It was intervals and it was amazing to me what a great workout it was, considering I felt that it was easy at first. When I started pouring sweat (sorry... tmi), I realized that it was giving me a lot of benefit! It felt good to be back at the gym. The problem has been with all of the New Year's resolution people. It has been pretty darn busy. The showers have been lukewarm at best, downright cold at worst. Oh well. I can survive!!

Brandi – Keep plugging along! It’s hard to not be anxious, but gotta keep going forward.

Soulnik – Good plan with drinking water when retaining!

Rhonda – You’re getting it back. Give yourself lots of credit!!

Beverly – You are doing great with the weight loss! Yay!

MJ – Thanks for asking about the gym. I need to be accountable!! I didn’t want to go, but did it anyway.

Trazey – Hang in there with the rations!!

Dgramie – Happy Birthday!! You’re doing so well, I’m glad you could enjoy the cake!

Rakel – Good luck on getting the new house!

Raebear – Ooooo! Complications with too many men! That’s a fun new twist! Keep sharing the details!

dgramie
01-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Today is a special day...I started my journey of healthy and mindful eating 2 yrs ago today. I am down a total of 90lbs. I am glad I started. I would be so much heavier by now if I hadnt started. This is my year to get to goal!!

breakfast- thin bun with scrambled eggs
lunch - thin bun open faced with mexican chicken
dinner- fish and aspargus

Beverlyjoy
01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a good, good day. I stayed totally on plan and did not overeat - which I usually do the day I weigh myself in the morning.:carrot: I am so so grateful! I did buy myself a new lipstick this morning because I did it!!

My cold is just h anging on slightly.= still coughing. I still cannot taste anything, however, and I miss that.

I have paperwork in my office to do.

today-
log food
remember why!
work on learning difference between hunger, desire, cravings
lots of water
exercises
eat only when seated
fork down between bites
aware eating - hard when you can't taste!

breakfast - grits with cheese, clementine
lunch - lean pocket, mashed caulflower with butter spray
snack - yogurt with flax , fiber bar
dinner - thai cold noodle peanut salad, red peppers
snack - rice cake with laughing cow cheese, grapes

dgramie - today is a WOW WONDERFUL AMAZING anniversay day. You rock and I /we are so, so proud of your and happy for this wonderful accomplishment. :cp::cp::bravo::cheer2::cheer2:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO

slash - good for you getting to the gym...sweating is GOOD. :)

rakel - tracking calories is good! :)

brandijune - good job on the weig :carrot::carrot:ht loss. You are heading in a great direction. It's a number for that moment in time.often affected by water weight and much more. You know you are following your plan and it will come off.

raebear - over food - yay! Good luck juggling all those men! ;)

trazey- good for you having a backup lunch at work! :D

mj - so glad to you are having on plan days...yay! :D Hope you made it to the gym.

Have a great day.

mj5
01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everyone!

rakel--Good luck w the house.

raebeaR--Go You!!! Just so you know, I am living vicariously through you so....thanks for sharing!

brandi--Congrats on the loss! It was good...unfortunately, I don't go to the gym in the am, but after work in the afternoon. I am up early thanks to my "doggie alarm clocks" LOL! They like to eat breakfast promptly at 5am....then they go back to sleep!!!!! SO not fair!

dgramie--Happy belated bday! CONGRATULATIOINS of your 2 year anniv.! Are you treating yourself today?

Diane--OMG, I know what you mean about the "new year's resolution people" You are welcome! I have my 16 y/o niece texting me to see if went, what I did....it worked yesterday!

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! I did make it to the gym....going tonight too! I am icing as soon as I get home, too. It is helping a lot!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

soulnik
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Chicas,

I missed yesterday. Work was insane but I managed to stay within my points and not kill anyone. :) Took a Zumba class last night and I'm sore. Walked 2.25 miles this morning. Working out with my Biggest Loser team this evening.

@dgramie - Happy Anniversary! 90 lbs! What an inspiration!!!

@Beverlyjoy - That is one hec of a cold! Glad you're almost out of it, though.

Here's the food for the day:
Morning
1 1/2 cup(s) Total Raisin Bran 4
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 2
1 medium banana(s) 1.5

Midday
Lean Cuisine Sweatish Meatballs 6
2 c. salad - 0

Evening
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream 1
2 item(s) Carb balance whole wheat tortillas - fajita size 2.5
1 Fajita mix 4

Snacks/Deserts
6 oz Blueberry nonfat 3
1 small pear(s) 1
2 small apple(s) 2

brandijune44
01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Good morning!

slashnl - Spin class! That's awesome! Thanks for the encouraging words! I needed that to begin my day today :)

dgramie - I can't tell you how inspiring you are! Congrats on your anniversary!

Beverlyjoy - Thanks so much for the encouragement! I hope you are feeling better and better and that pesky cold has finally gone away...

mj5 - Oh I see...I too have a choir to wake me up early in the morning. All three of my cats think it's breakfast time, and then they sleep all day! Where would we be without our animals though...haha (in bed and well-rested probably)

soulnik - Zumba! I have been considering taking a class but I am still so self-conscious and worried I might die from exhaustion. How was it? Did you like it?

raebeaR - Oh men! Sounds juicy though...haha. At least the situation is making the dieting a breeze!

Trazey34 - Way to improvise! It must be tricks like this that have contributed to your success...my mission this weekend is to buy supplies for an "emergency kit"

My day today:
b - apple, coconut milk, high fiber cereal - 4
s - yogurt - 3
l - Garden burger, thin bun, mozzerella cheese, roasted red pepper soup - 8
s - 3 ravioli (leftovers from weekend that need to be ate), orange - 3
d - baked potato, cottage cheese, brocolli - 6
s - TJs whole grain cookies - 2
TOTAL - 26 points

Exercise: 60 minutes cardio - Treadmill & Elliptical

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

raebeaR
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM
'Morning, dear chicks!! :D

Thanks to you all for being kind about my unseemly exploits... more on this later, but first:

brandijune44, sounds like you are well on your way to success!! Your food and exercise plans look great -- keep going!! :carrot:

soulnik, good onya for sticking with your plan (and not killing anyone!) through a stressful day. That's when you find out what you're made of, isn't it? :hug:

mj5, how fantastic to see you posting!! Hope we get to see more of you soon. Meantime, be proud of yourself for getting to that gym and working out!! And yes, I will do my part to give you vicarious thrills and chills (well, until someone here tells me to STFU...)!!!

Beverlyjoy, you're doing soooooo well!!! I admire the way you identify your weak areas and work on them with such deliberation. That's a hard thing to do, and I am learning from you!! Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration!! :carrot:

dgramie, speaking of inspirations -- YOU are amazing!!!!! I am in awe, and we are lucky to have you with us as a guiding light down a difficult path!! A very special day, indeed. You are going to make it!!! :hug:

Slashnl, have missed your posts!! Glad to see you back with us, and sorry about the lukewarm showers... sounds challenging for sure!! Pouring sweat is exactly what we all need to be doing more of, and I will think of that today when I get my lazy rear out the door for a good hike around this place!! ;)

rakel, good luck with the move, and try not to let the inevitable stress of that derail your great efforts!! You're doing so, so well, despite challenges. Keep it up, ladybug!! :carrot:

Ok, the Men Thing (bolded for those who would prefer to skip).... yes, very hot, very juicy, very, very fun!! Both lovely, sexy, successful qualifiers -- meaning no obvious defects such as tobacco use or alcoholism... both financially independent, fit, funny, tall and have full heads of hair... oh, and did I mention there is a third on the horizon?? Nevermind; I have my hands full with the first two. The third will simply have to wait in the wings for an available, umm, opening. ;)

Last night I was juggling call-waiting with everyone phoning in. My life feels like a sitcom. Was in the middle of a deep discussion with the Old Flame when my call waiting beeped... ordinarily I would ignore it, but I did actually wish to check in with Handyman, so I excused myself to catch the call... told Handyman I'd call him back shortly and got back to Old Flame.

Old Flame: "Was that Handyman?"

Me: "Well, yes, it was."

Old Flame: "That's it -- I'm bringing my .38 when I come to visit!!" (jokingly, formerly a peace officer and range master, so it was a light-hearted comment.. I think...)

Then proceeds to keep me on the phone until 10 p.m., when it's too late to call Handyman back....

At 10:15 p.m., the phone rings... it's Handyman....

Handyman: "Were you busy working late?"

Me: "No, I was talking to Old Flame. He will be here for a visit on the 8th."

Handyman: "Ok, I know you need to sort all this out. Just remember, I already LIVE here!!!"

My call-waiting beeps again. I can't think who is calling so late, so I ask to take it. It's Door Number Three!!

Me: "How... ummm... interesting to hear from you so late!!"

Door Number Three: "Well, I've been thinking about you a lot and I'd love to come for a visit sometime soon."

Me: "Well, we need to chat about that, but now is not a good time. Let's talk over the weekend, ok?"

Door Number Three: "Ok, I'll call you then."

Back to Handyman:

Handyman: "Who was calling so late?"

Me: "Oh, just an old friend."

Handyman: "Hoo, boy."

And so on.

But here's the thing... there are lessons here for us all.

Lesson One: Being heavy is NOT an impediment to having an active dating life!!!

Lesson Two: Being OLD is NOT an impediment to having an active dating life!!!

Lesson Three: It is possible to continue a weight loss journey while cooking sumptuous, fabulous meals for the may-uhhn(s) in your life. (This has been a HUGE lesson for me!!)

Lesson Four: There is more to life than losing weight!!

Always moving foward, chicks!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: And thanks for putting up with me!!!

Rae

Slashnl
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Ok, not a lot of time today. Just wanted to say hi! I'll try to get back later, but it isn't likely. Have to work, dang it.

rakel
01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Not doing so good... just floundering around it seems. I'm going to try and do more strength workouts, and maybe knocking my calories down another 100 to see if that does anything. Wish me luck everyone!

Beverlyjoy
01-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Hi chicks....yesterday I stayed in my calorie range. My original plan had many twists and turns - but, my calories were fine.

Today is our 32 wedding anniversary. We will go to a neat Cuban restaurant for supper. They have a great salad with chicken and grilled veggies. That should work! DH and I were married during the midwest's blizzarad of '78. (I still have the paper with the headline "Blizzard of the Century") Everything was wrong and horrible - no one came, different food, flowers, couldn't go on honeymoon.( I cried for a long time - now I can laugh about it - it's actually a hilarious story now) So glad the marriage has been better than the wedding!

My headcold has improved, but I have an earache...so, it's back to the doctor again. ugh.

lots of water
fork down between bites
work on realizing difference between hunger, desire and craving
aware eating
eat only when seated
stretches, recumbent bike (done!)

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble with mushrooms, cheese and turkey pepperoni, toast, mashed cauliflower
dinner - cuban salad with chicken
snack - rice cakes and laughing cow cheese

rakel - good luck...hang in there!

slash - hope all is well, busy lady.

raebear - all this 'men juggling' - good for you. Enjoy.

brandijune - great plan....60 minutes of cardio is awesome!

soulnik - good for you...getting in the zumba class after a crazy day at work. Great plan!

mj - glad you've put together some healthy days - keeping icing!

Have a good day, friends

dgramie
01-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Bev- My grandmother always said if something doesnt go wrong at the wedding the marriage wont last.I say your will last a lifetime! LOL I met hubby that year during early feb.

rae- you crack me up with your stories...keep them coming and good luck!!

rakel- are you getting enough water? Are you getting enough food? Check out your carbs..that whats always seems to get me.

mj- way to go on a string of good days, I know I feel so much better when I get a line of them going.

brandi- I just discovered thin buns...IM IN LOVE!

slash - hi
mj-hope you have a good day!
soul- my daughter (age 20 and very fit) is taking zumba and complains about how hard it is...way to go!

Yesterday as a struggle. TOM is here and I crave sweet and salty and crunchy. I didnt give in.It was HARD!! I had that little devil on one shoulder telling me to go and get the checks mix out of the cabinet and add a bag of M&Ms to it. The weight loss angel was on my other shoulder reminding me that I have worked to hard to give into such empty calories and how if I even a bite of it I would end up eating the whole bag.Im glad the good angel won out!!
My dd came in last night with a box of brownies to make tomorrow when it snows..I will not take a bite! If I do I might end up eating the whole pan!!
food today
breakfast thin bun with an egg
lunch- stirfry
dinner- greens , beans, beets, and 1 piece of cornbread

soulnik
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Chicas!

OK, I'm digging right in because this is too juicy!

@raebeaR - YOU BETTER WORK IT GIRL!!!! I am so excited (and jealous) for you!!! What's your secret? I get a date every 3 months. You're juggling 3 at a time. You should teach a class!!! AWESOME! I can't wait to hear more. This is more exciting than anything happening in my life so I'll just live vicariously through you if you don't mind.

@brandijune44 - I love Zumba but it IS hard. It's a serious work out.

@rakel - Sorry you're having a hard time. Let us know how the calorie drop works out or if there's a way we can help.

@Beverlyjoy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love, love, love Cuban food but it would never occur to me to get healthy stuff. Glad you have a plan.

@dgramie - TOM is always a killer, ain't it? Glad you were able to resist. I'd choke my husband (if I had one) for making brownies in my presence. LOL. I'd have a hard time on an average day but TOM would send me over the edge. Just remember that brownies are ugly nasty things that bring no joy to anyone's life.

I've decided that Thursdays will be my exercise rest day. I'm usually a wreck by then. So today I slept in (and was STILL late for work). Going to a panel discussion about being single in the 21st century tonight. Should be...nothing new. But maybe I'll meet someone!

Food for the day:
Morning
1 serving(s) Oatmeal Raisin Cliff Walnut Bar 4
1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0.5
1 medium banana(s) 1.5
6 oz Blueberry nonfat 3

Midday
Lean Cusine Pizza - 6
Mixed Veggies - 0
c. pineapple - 1

Evening
1 serving(s) WaWa Roast beef 6

Snacks/Desserts
3 small clementine 1
1 large apple(s) 2
1 item(s) Sugar Free Pudding Chocolate 1

Have a good day!!!

mj5
01-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Good Morning! It looks like the snow has stopped for the moment, anyway...we are supposed to get a LOT today.

soulnik--Great job w/ exercise!!!

brandijune--that's funny about your cats! I know...I LOVE my spoiled dogs and I really LOVE the days I can crawl back into bed with them!!!

raebeaR--awww, thanks! You are hilarious!!!! I love hearing about your men!

Diane--thanks for popping in!

rakel--You CAN do it!!!

Beverlyjoy--Happy Anniversary!!!! That salsa sounds Yummy!!!! We are going to lunch w/ my family this weekend....you just reminded me to look up the menu, so I can plan ahead. Thanks! Yes....lots of ice. It is helping, which is good!

dgramie--GREAT job!!!!

So far, so good today! I need to drink more water, but that should be easy enough to do! Have a great day everyone!

brandijune44
01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Good morning ladies!

(I'm trying to convince my self...since I didn't sleep well last night and am feeling a bit on edge this morning...haha)

Anyways:

Rae - Woot, woot!!! :carrot: You go girl...keep the stories coming! I love it! Thanks for reminding me of lesson number four...it's hard to remember that sometimes in the midst of "the healthier way of life."

slashnl - Hope work went well...it seems like it always gets in the way!

rakel - Hang in there girlie! We CAN do this! Way to restrategize...Let us know how things go. Hugs :hug:

Beverlyjoy - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Celebrate and enjoy the cuban salad (sound delicious!)

dgramie - Here's some :dust: to ward off any brownie tempations :) Way to stay strong!

soulnik - Perhaps someday I will get brave enough to try Zumba. It sounds great...I'm getting ready for something a little more challenging. Have a great "rest day!" BTW - LOVE the new picture...absolutely beautiful!

mj5 - Hope you are able to stay warm and have a beautiful day!

My day is same ol' same ol'...I need to spice things up a bit I think :)

b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 4
s - yogurt - 3
l - eggplant lasagna, roasted red pepper soup, sandwich thin - 6
s - orange
d - baked potato, cottage cheese, brocolli - 6

exercise - 60 minute cardio...

rakel
01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all of the support everyone! I think I will try and drink more water. I have a large glass (at least 16oz, maybe more) at work that I sip out of all day long, I probably refill it 2-3 times, and then I drink a couple glasses at home too. I doubt there's a lack of food, most days I eat when I'm hungry, and I usually stay between 2,000 and 2,250 calories a day. I pretty much eat whatever I want, including some junk, because it can fit in a calorie plan that large. I think if I focused on eating more vegetables I would find that I could be fuller on less calories, I just have a hard time fitting them in for some reason. I think I get plenty of protein, but I just need to cut back on the carbs and fat/sugar more. Exercise is going reasonably well, I do on average about 3 workouts a week of 30 - 60 minutes (aerobic/strength) and have been fairly consistent with that since I started. I aim to do 4 days, though it just doesn't happen all of the time. So yeah, just need to be more careful of what I'm eating and not just judging something by it's calorie content, which is something I know I tend to do.

Beverlyjoy
01-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a good op day - we changed restaurants for our anniversary dinner - went to chinese & I had steamed ginger sea bass, veggies & rice. It was deeelish and healthy too.

Today we are going to see 'the kids' in Michigan. We will be there for the weekend. I am planning to change my food plan from calories to exchanges plus 200 calories a day, if I want to. I hope/think this should work.

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend. I'll check if I can.

mj5
01-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Good Morning! I can't believe it, but I have a WHOLE day w/ out any meetings planned...at least so far! I am hoping to organize the stuff on my desk....

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Beverlyjoy--have a great visit!!!

brandijune44
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Good morning!

Well, yesterday was a little rough. I usually work from 7-3 and workout shortly thereafter. I got stuck in a meeting until 6:30pm, thus missing my workout. I was pretty upset about it but then I started thinking about how much a month can make. Last month right now it wouldn't have even crossed my mind that I would go work out in the first place! NOW I look forward to that time in the gym. Even in a short little month, I can be proud of that and of how far I've already come....

My day today:
b - apple, cereal, coconut milk - 4
s - yogurt & banana- 5
l - spinach ravioli and roasted red pepper soup - 6
s - orange - 1
d - garden burger, thin bun, mozzerella cheese - 4

Exercise! Weights & 30 min cardio

Hope you all have a great day and I'll be back on Monday :wave:

soulnik
01-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey Chicas,

Just a quick check in. I stayed out late last night so didn't work out this morning and was 30 mins late for work. So, of course, now I'm feeling panicked! Will have to make up for the missed work out over the weekend. Here's the food for the day (though I probably won't eat as much sushi as I planned).

Morning
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
6 oz Blueberry nonfat 3

Midday
lean cusine - Quick-added food 6
pineapple - Quick-added food 1

Evening
4 large piece(s) california roll sushi 3
2 large piece(s) philadelphia roll sushi 3
4 piece(s) ebi (cooked shrimp) nigiri sushi 2

Snacks/Desserts
3 small clementine 1
1 large apple(s) 2

Have a great day!

rakel
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Just got back from my Woman's Wellness exam... as an individual without any insurance, this is the only doctor I see on an annual basis. So, my weight was more this year than last year, but amazingly, last year my BP was high, and this year it's right between optimal and normal at 128/82. I'm pretty sure it's because of my regular exercise. Anyway, the doctor was super nice about everything, we talked briefly about my weight and she was very pleased that I have lost between 10 and 15 pounds so far and exercising at least 3 days a week for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. Nobody made me feel ashamed or bad, just very positive. I think I also just walked in there with my head up high... I knew that the scale was going to go over what I weigh at home (it was 319!) so I wasn't going to let it bother me. I feel ready to review my plan and make changes to move this forward. I got another thyroid lab test ordered by the doctor, so I will call up Quest and see how much it will cost and factor that into our budget so I can FINALLY get that taken care of.

It looks like we're going to get the house we wanted, we just have to wait for our application results to come back Monday. Being that we're 3 working adults and don't have a problem paying our bills, I'm 99% sure that our application will be approved, then it's just a matter of getting our deposit check in and figuring out when we're going to start moving (probably 3rd week of February). We're still looking at a couple different places in the event that we are declined.

Truth is, we're renting a 3 bedroom house because we'd like to start thinking about starting a family, and this next place is where we're going to live until we can buy a house. However, that plan is contingent on my weight loss efforts. I'd really like to get down to around 220 (but I don't know if that is too idealistic as it is about 100lbs away from where I am now) before we try to conceive to minimize any risks associated with pregnancy and obesity... so just hearing John say that gives me a swift kick of motivation because I'd really like to start a family. We're still looking at maybe 1 to 2 years before we'll do that, but I need to keep plugging away here, continue making good and BETTER choices about food, exercise, and just my general attitude and well-being.

raebeaR
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
'Morning, chickies!! :)

Sounds like everyone is keeping really busy but doing well despite adversities!! Go, chicks!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

brandijune44, isn't that cool, that you've begun to MISS exercise?? That's a big, important change -- be proud!! :D

mj5, I don't know how you keep up with a stringent weight loss routine with as busy as you are... I know every time I get busy, my exercise goes straight out the window. You're an amazing chick, and I hope things ease up for you soon!! :hug:

Beverlyjoy, happy anniversary!! Thirty two years... it must be so wonderful to share that kind of history with one person. I envy you that!! And of course, good onya for staying on your plan!! Hope it was a grand day!! :carrot:

rakel, it's really hard staying on plan when there are no apparent results, isn't it? Look deep within yourself for that wellspring of strength you need when things get tough. I know it's there, and you CAN DO THIS!! :hug:

soulnik, you are so sweet and funny!! I am working it, I promise. ;) How was the panel discussion? I'm afraid I couldn't teach a class on meeting men... two of the three presently involved in my life are blasts from the past. Door Number Three I dated briefly about 15 years ago, but he was getting over someone else and I was also otherwise distracted... Old Flame was married and though we shared a deep attraction, we wouldn't traverse those vows... Handyman is brother-in-law to my wonderful auto mechanic, who just happened to think I needed some help around my place with tree-pruning and such (and he was right!!). So just happenstance, really. However, I DO believe in creating opportunities to meet people!! Network with your friends and acquaintances, attend gatherings, do volunteer work, never pass up a chance to rub shoulders with others. :) Sounds like you are doing all that, and I reckon we'll be reading about YOUR adventures one day soon!! :dizzy:

dgramie, you're a better woman than I, for listening to that sweet angel on your shoulder instead of that wicked devil!! That's so impressive!!! I don't know if this helps you, but whenever I get assaulted by the sweet/salty/crunchy monster, I find if I take a handful of salted peanuts, mix it with a few chocolate chips, that will slay the beast. The trick, of course, is to limit the consumption to just one handful!! But you're doing soooo well!!! :carrot:

Slashnl, we miss you -- hope you find some time to rejoin us soon!! Sorry work has been so challenging. :hug:

None of you probably wants to know what I think of every time someone mentions thin buns....

ANYWAY... I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. Old Flame arrives in just over a week and Handyman is keeping busy for a month up in Seattle. The two of them have settled into a comfortable routine that is creating a serious sleep deficit for me... Old Flame calls from 7-9 p.m., and Handyman takes the 10-midnight time slot. I find myself thinking much more about Handyman, but in truth it's probably because I had my mitts on him most recently. (No man should have skin as nice as that -- oi!!!!!) That, and there's just something dizzyingly sexy about a man splitting firewood the old-fashioned way, swinging a wood-splitter's maul... I could watch that all day... is it getting hot in here?? :cool:

Ah. Well. Back to the subject at hand: Food continues to be a non-issue for me, so no problems there. I have been shamed into commencing a lifting routine based on all the great threads posted to this site. I start today. The scale remains stubbornly stuck at 230... haven't weighed this morning, but I'm expecting a re-run... one day soon, however, I know I'll hop on and it will register a 5-pound loss or something equally ridiculous.

My day in food:

Breakfast: 2 slices deli ham, 1 hardboiled egg, 1 BabyBel light cheese, V-8 juice.

Lunch: 2 cups minestrone soup

Dinner: Roasted stuffed pork loin with steamed spinach and carrots boiled in orange juice with garlic and dill

Snacks: Handful of peanuts, cup of sugar-free cocoa

Time to go clean the house and muck out the barn. A wicked woman's work is never done. ;)

Best to all, Rae

Slashnl
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi all. Well, glad that it is Friday! It hasn't been a great week of workouts for me. My husband has been gone and I have to step up and do his chores. The kids help out at night, but in the morning, I really need them to stay on task with getting ready for school, so I do it myself. It takes about an hour to feed the animals and break open the water tanks. Glad he comes back today! Besides I miss him! So, next week should be much better for working out.

Beverly: Congratulations on the 32 years. Hubby and I are looking at 23 years next month. Wow.

Dgramie: Good for you for not giving in to the TOM cravings!

MJ: The snow we got went away pretty fast. How about you? At least we’re not living in Texas or Oklahoma with their ice storms. Ick! Good luck with the organizing your desk.

Brandi: It takes awhile to get to the point that you get upset when you miss your workout, but it happens! I hate missing mine! You should definitely be proud!

Soulnik: Hopefully it wasn’t too rough of a morning for you! That’s good that you’re planning to make up for the missed workout.

Rakel: Glad that you had a good exam. Lower BP is great!

Raebear: Wow. Don’t know how you do the late night phone calls. I’m usually dozing by 9:00. So, do you take notes on what you say to each one? Might be hard to keep them straight!! Ha!

Have a good day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
01-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi chicks - just a quickie hello from our visit in Michigan. My food on the trip so far has gone well. I am making thoughtful choice and small servings. I am grateful for the willingness to do this.

Before I left for the weekend, I went to the doctor again for the cold that wouldn't get better. Just like a baby.....I had two infected ears! Antibiotics to the rescue.

Am enjoying my grandson so much - he's almost three and so joyful. It's nice to be with my family.

I hope you all have a great day.

soulnik
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey Chicas,

This is long but bear with me....It's a rough Saturday for me and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. I know I have PMS so I'm emotional. I want to cry just typing this. I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning. Said I was up 1.2. I'm not supposed to get my period til Wed or Thur so, in my mind that's too far away to be PMS, so it must be my fat butt screwing up. Never mind that I feel all the PMS symptoms (which makes me think I’ll get it earlier).

I did ok food wise this week except I let the kettle corn back in and I think the salt is affecting me. And I didn't work out twice a day like I did last week. I just don't think I can keep up that intensity.

I'm beating myself up for that 1.2 lbs that’s probably just PMS weight anyway. This is EXACTLY why I don’t weight myself during TOM. I’m supposed to go out tonight with girlfriends but it’s far away and I don’t want to spend money or have to figure out what to eat to stay on program. I have a Biggest Challenge workout tomorrow with a really hard trainer and I just wanna stay in bed and sleep. I have no idea what to cook for lunch and dinner for the week.

I’m one big pile of negativity and complaints. Yeah. It’s PMS time alright. Anyone have any crock pot recipes I can do quickly? I’m not up for a lot of kitchen time.

Have a good weekend chicas!

dgramie
01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
soul_ HUG!! sound like you need one!
I gave in and ate pizza last night. I was still within my flex points but used all of them for the week. IT wasnt even that good so it was not worth it at all!! Scales were up this morning from the soduim. I had 10 perfect eating days before I blew it...oh well time to start 10 more days.
I am afraid to be honest the next week will be bad eating. We are snowed in and my grandson will be born monday so I know that trip will include eating out a few times.
I am going to just take one meal at a time...

Slashnl
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi all. I went and worked out this morning. I missed the last couple of days, so it felt good to be there.

Soulnik: Go to the workout! It will make you feel better! I know that I don't weigh during TOM either, it is too depressing. So, pretend you didn't see the number and try to put it behind you. We're here for you! And we all have those moments of despair. I hope your day gets much better!

Beverly: Have fun with your grandbaby!!!

dgramie: Darn pizza! Have lots of fun with your new grandson, too. I think taking it one meal at a time is a smart thing to do!!

raebeaR
01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Must be the full moon... I had a seriously off-plan day yesterday, also... a friend came by for a visit, she and I shared a bottle of wine and indulged in some of my homemade sourdough bread with olive caviar along with some cherry tomatoes and home-canned dill beans. I didn't go over my calories, but I haven't eaten bread since mid-October -- and the scale made sure I knew it, too!! Sodium -- uggghhh!!!!

Don't despair, ladies. It's only one day!! Let's get back in the saddle and ride out together, shall we??

Slashnl, cheers to you for getting back to your workouts!! You're a beacon of inspiration to the loikes of me today!! :carrot:

dgramie, you'll have your next 10 perfect days 'coz you've got your eyes on the prize. One meal at a time -- great strategy!! I'm going to join you. :hug:

soulnik, please try not to panic about the bouncing numbers on the scale -- you KNOW you haven't eaten pounds and pounds' worth of calories!! It's the sodium. It can come off as easily as it comes on, so hang in there!! :hug:

Here's my favorite crockpot recipe -- this is in my house almost all the time:

Minestrone Soup

1 lb. lean hamburger or minced turkey, browned and drained
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 16 oz can tomato sauce
6 cups water
3 tsp beef boullion (or to taste)
1 tsp Italian seasonings (or to taste)
2 cans white canelli beans, drained
1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
1 large bag mixed, frozen vegetables

Dump everything in the crockpot except the macaroni and the vegetables. Allow to simmer for a good part of the day. Turn crockpot on high; add macaroni and cook for 15 minutes. Add bag of mixed, frozen vegetables and simmer till done to your taste.

I usually do this on the stovetop and have a healthful, satisfying meal ready in about 30 minutes!

Beverlyjoy, enjoy your family time -- it sounds like pure bliss!! Take good care of those ears, and I hope they are better soon. :hug:

Best to everyone this weekend, Rae