Weight Loss Surgery - The nerve of some people!!

View Full Version : The nerve of some people!!

missangelaks
01-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Strange how it works now. There are so many people that don't use their heads!!

Ok, here's the thing. When I was dancing in the Bar Saturday night, these two young Barbie types were making fun of this larger girl and her fabulous dancing. Pointing and laughing, that sort of thing AND they were trying to include me in their horrid behavior!

I might be thinner now BUT I shamed them and I went over and danced with the big girl! We had a great time and she had some fabulous, sexy moves!!

The nerve of some people!!!

elliebear
01-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Terrible behaviour ! A few years back i was walking along the road when this pair of 20 something lads looked at me and one announced out loud "Obviously shop lifting at Gregg's !" (Gregg's is a bakery) They over took me and i so so regret not tripping one of them up !!! i was just so shocked that they could say something so mean so loud that I'd hear ! Some people have no compassion towards others.

Lyria
01-25-2010, 07:35 AM
I just remind myself it takes all kinds and that what goes around comes around.

There are obnoxious people of all ages and creeds out there. Unfortunately.

Jacquie668
01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
People suck... karma though...K A R M A...it always comes back to them!

Good for you for sticking to your guns! :D

LovebirdsFlying
01-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I've been mooed at for the simple crime of waiting at a bus stop.

But my favorite is the attitude of, "Well, if fatties don't want to be laughed at, they should put down the fork and lose weight."

30and300
01-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, a lot of people have issues in their lives... smoking, drug/alcohol addiction, etc.. but being overweight is immediately visible, so it's easy for people to pick on.

Recently my cousin posted a picture of herself on facebook, she lost a few pounds and was pretty skinny. She said it was easy to lose weight because she didn't want to be a "nasty fatty".

What's amazing about her is that she was in jail for 5 years for selling cocaine, and had 5 of her 7 babies born addicted to it.

So sure, while my food addiction might make me a "nasty fatty" at least I'm not nasty on the inside.

TheTigz
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately we live in a superficial society, where looks and appearance are more important to many people than the quality of the person inside.

I have found that with being fat, people are surprised to realise there is a brain in my head and even more surprisingly - it works! I fail to see how being fat makes others think you are stupid, afterall, they are the ones that are ignorant!

Thighs Be Gone
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Just today I was watching a Time-Warner cable commercial with a fit, trim guy making an *** out of a fat guy. It was supposed to be funny? I am sick of nonfat acceptance being okay and even encouraged. I think often times society mimics the media. Actually, I am thinking to cancel my Time-Warner account and go with another provider.

HealthierLori
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Mean people SUCK. Good for you for confronting them!

Lahlem
01-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Some people who have had it easy don't understand that they are lucky. That is truly unfortunate how they acted...and if I were you, I'd have been infuriated. Way to go you for being the way everyone should be. And way to go her for shakin' it. ;) I love dancing, and I don't care what anyone thinks! XD

Lahlem
01-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Thighs-- Makes me think of an episode of Taboo that was on NatGeo last Wednesday that focused on Fat as a taboo in our culture. I recommend the episode.

Leenie
01-26-2010, 11:08 AM
One of the reasons I don't drink is because I tend to grow a set of dingle berries. I would have went up to those "perfect" (and I say that lightly) women and said something.

Attitude can make a beautiful person ugly and and ugly person beautiful.

GROWL !!!

missangelaks
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I think you're right Leenie, I should have. I suppose dingle berries would have been useful. hehehe

I would have liked to have done your smily, "catfight" thing! hehehe

LovebirdsFlying
01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Attitude can make a beautiful person ugly and and ugly person beautiful.

*stands and applauds*

KO
01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Amen Sister!

Duckslove
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I got on the bus with my husband last year, there werent many seats so my hubby and I sat near some teenagers. they laughed and made fun of me in (not very quiet) whispers the whole time. even had the kid next to me move closer and took a picture. it was the most humiliating thing ever. one of the kids apologized as they left the bus. people can be jerks.I wish I had said something but I tried to ignore them.

AzimuthRing
01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Can I just say that the phrase "dingle berries" made me giggle

I love this forum :)

I have a friend who has no qualms about saying anything to anyone who disrespects anyone - especially for weight issues. I am not quite there yet...and hope to be able to stand up for myself and others one day. But she is my hero for being able to do that.

Makes me feel good to know that folks on here are compassionate. No wonder I like coming here ;)

bloodroses
01-28-2010, 09:20 AM
so strang you bring that up i was talking about this with my friend the other day i told her i think weight perjudice is the worst of all kind. See on things like being black, female, or limbs missing or whatever people get so upset about this kind of perjuide because one can not help it but for some reason the averge response most people say if a fat person get picked on is like hey they should go on a diet or it their faulty or stop eating and they shurg shoulders and act like it never happen. go fig.............

annie175
01-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes, and most other addictions...alcohol, drugs, etc a body can live without to get past it, but food, if you don't eat, you will die.

Turn the other cheek, what goes around, comes around...

bargoo
01-28-2010, 09:58 AM
I always console myself with the thought, those skinny minnies in ten years, maybe less, will be obese, themselves. And the guys will have a beer belly and dirty fingernails.

Raichu
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
At the university where I'm studying abroad, my name was up on a whiteboard yesterday to indicate that I had a package.

During break I watched some people erase the letters in my full name one by one to spell out "L-A-R-D" in its place, laughing. When we made eye contact, I smiled at them and said "I'm sorry, I thought we were in college..." and they just looked at the ground and walked off.

Good for you for standing up for her, people are so ignorant it's not even funny! But we are all positive, beautiful people -- imagine being so miserable that you have to take others down with you!

KlassyKid
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I have been laughed a couple of times in public but my favourite reply is..."I may be a little heavy right now but after my bypass surgery I will be a slender little fox but you will still have your fat mouth and fat head." After giving them that I just walk away leaving them speechless.

nanj
01-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Duckslove: BRATS! RUDE! IGNORANT! A few years ago, I could have killed them by sitting on them. Now I could kill them, or seriously maim them with my GAS!!!! I can make a skunk gag! Funniest thing is, in a few years someone will probably be making fun of them for being obese. I hate it when I see an obese person, because of the physical and mental pain I know they are going through. Especially hard to see little fat, fat kids.

KlassyKid: You go girl!

Annie: DITTO!

I got so ashamed one time when a woman gyno made fun of my weight, I didn't go back for years. Almost died because of it! I think she did it for shock value, but I already knew I was fat didn't need it crammed down my throat.

beerab
01-28-2010, 06:17 PM
That's the problem- people think we put it on ourselves so we DESERVE to be made fun of. It makes me furious. I am healthier than most thin people I know. It is NOT my fault I have all the issues I do!

I probably would have "accidentally" spilled my drink on them ;)

jiffypop
01-28-2010, 06:41 PM
i've complained to health insurers about gynos who were rude about my weight. it caused trouble for them. i was happy.

for kids, i glare at them and, in their parents' hearing, say loudly, 'i do not appreciate rude children' and then walk away!!!!

L144S
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
going to politly disagree with Jiff,
I agree about the Dr's they should be more sensitive.
as for kids, I have a few and for some it can be as inocent at why is that person so/big/black/ white/in a wheel chair etc. it really is the parent job to teach kids about being different it may not be a rude thing at all...but the teens....I say have at em'

jiffypop
01-28-2010, 09:45 PM
you're much kinder than i am, Linda!!

brijjy76
01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I have two replies to people being horrible about my size. " I might be fat but I can lose weight, you will always be flipping ugly!" or " if we get stuck in a lift together I will be the last one to die, my reserves will last longer than yours"

30and300
01-31-2010, 01:37 AM
I would be mortified if a gyno or my doc made rude comments about my weight. I'm already so stressed out when I visit them that anything compounding that stress would give me more of an excuse to avoid seeing them.

Mama
01-31-2010, 01:59 AM
I got so ashamed one time when a woman gyno made fun of my weight, I didn't go back for years. Almost died because of it! I think she did it for shock value, but I already knew I was fat didn't need it crammed down my throat.

That is horrible!! Like it isn't already hard enough to face those stirrups! We already feel so vulnerable at the gyno, making you feel ashamed about you weight in such an environment is... unforgivable!! :hug::hug::hug: