Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 09:36 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default ***Week of August 18th***

Good Morning All!!

Hope you all make it over to the new board OK!! I was surprised to come here this AM and find it up soo soon!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! I'm off to meet DH at his company's 100th anniversary picnic today. Yeah, they had to pick the middle of August of the hottest summer on record in Morris County!!
Old 08-19-2002, 12:41 PM   #2  
LBH

Hmm, has anyone found the new thread yet? I wasn't able to get on yesterday from Home, but I can today from work. Hopefully everyone finds their way soon!
Old 08-19-2002, 06:53 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I am here!!!I like the new thread!!! I was able to do 2 miles today at 3mph on the treadmill!!!(wow..what an accomplishment!!! )Feeling pretty good today!!!

Lauren--When is the u/s????

Well, off to cook butterbeans!!!!I am craving those veges!!!!
RR
Old 08-20-2002, 10:33 AM   #4  

FINALLY! I have not been able to get to this site until this morning. Doing pretty good this week - actually did not have a snack last night - EXTREMELY unusual if I am at home.

RR - I'm sure walking is so good for you now!

have a great day all - hope everyone finds their way here.

Rabbit
Old 08-20-2002, 11:10 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All!!

Yeah Vicki and Rabbit!! I thought I was gonna have to keep talking to myself!!

RR- The U/S is Thursday...and if I had more time, I'm sure I could give you the breakdown of hours, minutes and seconds!! I am dying to give Cletus a proper name!! How's little Kayleigh?!

Rabbit- Good for you not having any snacks! I have not been able to get my TCBY pops in Costco in a while so I bought some Smart Ones fudge pops in the supermarket and man, they are horrible!! They're soo horrible, I wanna throw the rest of the box out!!

Hope everyone's having a great week!!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:48 PM   #6  

Hi. I'm here. We're back from Lexington KY, had a good show except the rain. The rain seems to follow us from show to show this year.

Bad news, I'm up 2 lbs again.
- jul
Old 08-20-2002, 06:24 PM   #7  

Hello!!!
Lauren-Kaleigh is doing great except she chooses to hang out really low in my left abd area...SHe causes me to not be able to sit straight and if I try to "adjust" her she just swims around until I let her lie quiet where she likes it...Hmmmmm..I detect attitude!!! DH thinks Fetal ADD at night!!! WE laugh at the activity and I love it all!!!!!!!

PS--Hope all dont mind the baby chatting???????

Jul-I think it is water gain!!!Welcome back!!Glad the show was good for U!!!!

Rabbit--Congrats on skipping the snack!!!

WEll, worked both jobs--pooped out soo off to cook simple supper!!!!!
RR
Old 08-21-2002, 11:00 AM   #8  

hi all.

Yesterday I took ds shopping for some back to school stuff - he leaves tomorrow. The summer sure flew. I'm glad he was able to work with me opening stores - that was great. And we went to Dallas to visit my brother, so it was a great summer.

RR - oh, is Kayleigh the name you 2 have decided on? I must have missed that. Cute name.

Lauren - I'll know now not to buy those smart ones fudge bars! ~ The skinny cow ones are GREAT if they have them in your area.

Jul - will you be home for awhile or are there more shows coming up? Glad it went well & sorry about the 2 lbs! It's just "traveling weight" not real weight & if you start eating right immediately it won't stick around!

have a wonderful August day all!

Rabbit
Old 08-21-2002, 11:15 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

RR- I'm sorry, I was spelling her name wrong! Kaleigh. Got it! You know, I haven't felt Cletus yet, but something tells me s/he's on the left side. That's where s/he was last appointment when she heard the heartbeat. It always seems to be a little firmer on that side. Unless that's my constantly full bladder!!

Rabbit- Glad you had a good summer with DS. I have had the skinny cows and they're good, but I really love my TCBY pops. They're sorbet, but they're soo rich and creamy, you'd never know it...and only 1 pt!

Jul- Sorry to hear of the rain and the gain, but I agree with Rabbit and RR, it's probably water or travel weight!

I guess there's one good thing to the way I've been eating lately...I haven't wanted pizza since about 6-7 wks pg, and most of the time I want cereal. I did make swiss steak the other night and it was soo good...and actually it's probably fairly low fat too. It's all done in the microwave, and it's just tomato soup, onions and peppers, and cube steaks! I usually make it with white rice, but DH wanted to try it with orzo, being the son of the pasta queen he is. He liked it better, because he thought the sauce blended better with it, but I didn't really like the texture of the orzo. I've never had it before, except in soup. I made a big batch of it, so I've had it 3 times this week!

We're going to my grandparent's house this weekend, in south Jersey, so I'll be gone from Friday AM to Sunday afternoon. We're gonna leave after rush hour Friday AM, get there by 11-12, spend the day with them, then get up early Saturday AM and drive further south to Cape May, the tip of NJ, take the ferry over to Delaware to do some outlet shopping, and then come back and go to the Cape May Zoo. The ferry ride is really nice, it's 70 minutes each way. It's 18/pp, including the shuttle that takes you around to different places in Delaware. The zoo is supposed to be great too, I haven't been there before. BIL and family were there a couple weeks ago and recommended it. I can't wait, it'll be my first visit down the shore this year!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:52 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Sorry I haven't been around in a while. School got really hectic and I was struggling to keep up. Then we decided to take of for Texas during my week break. We drove with the dogs in the back of the Outback. It took 28 hours one way. We drove straight thru and it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. Anyway, it took me two weeks to recover!! School started again and I've been busy with that and work.

The diet has totally gone out the window. I am back up to 222. I've gained all but 2 pounds back from what I lost. I joined Curves tonight. I am going to start going on Friday.

Lauren: Do you still go to Curves? Do you like it? I need the incentive to work out. Everyone seemed nice. I hated finding out what my body fat % was though. Ugh. Hope you have fun in Cape May. DH and I have done that trip but we drove our car onto the ferry and drove ourselves around in Delaware. It is a nice boat ride. We even took the dog(back when we just had one!!) with us.

RR and Lauren: You guys are so funny with the pg stuff. I'm sure glad I'm not pg but I don't mind "listening" to you guys. I think it's great that you are so excited. Kaleigh is a pretty name.

Rabbit: Sounds like you are having a wonderfully busy summer. Sorry DS has to go back to school. Isn't he close to being done?

Hi to all the others. Hope you have had a great summer. I still haven't made it to the beach yet. Doesn't look like I'm going to anytime soon either. I have to attend a continuing education class this weekend. It's a drag to waste the whole weekend but I get Monday off. Maybe I will take off for the beach by myself!!<G>

OK, gotta go pay bills now. Have a great night everyone.
Karen
Old 08-22-2002, 10:01 AM   #11  

hello.

More new smilies.:hypno:

I've stayed pretty much on plan this week, did more snacking than I should have, but am losing. I will miss weigh in tonight - moving ds - but I seem to be down 2 pounds.

RR - whoops! I spelled the name wrong also!

Lauren - the pops sound tasty! ~ Your swiss steak also sounds good (only I'm not a fan of tomato soup, I'd probably do stewed tomatoes). ~ Have a great time with your family this weekend.

Karen - 28 hours! Wow! Glad you enjoyed the trip though. ~ Good luck at school and at curves. ~ Yes, ds is a senior this year. Next year is law school. ~ Hope you get yourself to the beach!

gotta run - last minute ironing to do!

Rabbit
Old 08-22-2002, 12:20 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

Well...it's a...!! Actually, it's a BOY!!!

I'm very excited, so is DH. I really wanted a girl, but I'm happy with a boy. So, his name is Peter James Dale. I don't love Peter, but DH does. I will most likely call him Petey. I have put the word out that there will be no PJ or Rocco calling!! Rocco because Peter was the Rock (Bible), and DH had a uncle or something named Rocco. He will be either Peter, Pete, or Petey.

Rabbit- I'm sure it would be just as good with stewed tomatoes. I learned to make it with the soup, and I don't like chucks of tomato anyway. Hope the 2 lbs. stays away for WI tonight!!

Karen- It's great to see you!! I have only been to Curves two times since being PG. Just too tired to go anymore. Did you join month to month or for the year? I am wishing now that I joined month to month. I still think it's a great program, but I just don't feel like going after work.

Well, I'm off to make a peach pie to bring to Gran and Gramps' this weekend. It's Gramps' favorite. Then we're gonna do a little baby shopping!!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:56 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Just a quickie before class. Sometimes I can go online during class and sometimes I can't. I have decided that I don't love programming so I have wasted a lot of time and money. Hopefully I can find someway to make this pay off. Sigh. I decided to just try and eat better and do Curves for now. I don't need another stressor like counting points. I just can't take on another right now!! School is done in NINE weeks. I can hardly wait. I'm exhausted!!

Lauren: I did the year thing. It's $10/month cheaper. I decided that since they weigh you it will be just as good as WW about keeping me honest. That way it ends up being $9 cheaper than WW . Congratulations on little Petey!! Peter(being spoken in a very upper class British accent) was always my favorite boys name growing up.

Rabbit: Yeah on still loosing!! Wow, law school huh!! And here I am complaining about a little night school. Good luck to him.

Have you guys tried the Healthy Choice fudge bars? They are absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS. They are creamy, not the least bit icy, and SOOOOO chocolatey. I think they are two points. I have found them at Costco.

OK, gotta go get a shower and drag my behind out the door. Have a nice evening all!!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:57 PM   #14  

Lauren--Congrats!!!!Life is soo funny cuz I really really wanted a boy and got the girl and U were the opposite!!!!I am just glad the babies are healthy!!!!!! I am planning on #2 as soon as 6 months after #1 if all goes well and then get the tubes tied!!!

Well..off to do something constructive!!!!!
RR
Old 08-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #15  
LBH

Hey Karen, I had the HC bars before I tried the TCBY ones, and I like them, but I like the TCBY ones better!!
Closed Thread