Does it Work? - Resveratrol for weight loss

View Full Version : Resveratrol for weight loss

missjkd
01-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Has anyone ever have had weight loss success from resveratrol? Any brand recommendations?

petra65
01-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I've never heard that this has any benefit for weight loss per se, just that it is a great anti-oxidant. My favorite form of reservatrol is a glass of red wine.

kristen10
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I've been reading a lot about this as well. (First introduced to the idea in Fitness mag, then started doing more web research.) I really want to try it - even if not for weight loss, the other health benefits look very interesting. I am planning on doing more research, finding a reputable brand, and starting out on a moderate dosage. If I register any benefits after a week or so, I may continue on... we'll see!

missjkd
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I've been reading a lot about this as well. (First introduced to the idea in Fitness mag, then started doing more web research.) I really want to try it - even if not for weight loss, the other health benefits look very interesting. I am planning on doing more research, finding a reputable brand, and starting out on a moderate dosage. If I register any benefits after a week or so, I may continue on... we'll see!

I also read about it in this month's Fitness magazine. I found a brand that is a powder and you are suppose to get optimal results when you mix it with whey protein. I plan on ordering soon. It is pricey though.

kristen10
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Would you mind sharing the brand you found? There is just SO much out there - I am getting overwhelmed with choices!

missjkd
02-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Would you mind sharing the brand you found? There is just SO much out there - I am getting overwhelmed with choices!

I am going to order this powder to mix with my whey protein shake. I can not put the link because I do not have enough posts but if you google revgenetics you will find it. They also sell capsules which are more $.

Also I have been reading a blog recommended by Fitness Magazine that is good, it is called my resveratrol experience.

Other brands recommended by Fitness are Biotivia, Longevinex and Swanson.

I know that I would rather pay a little more $ and get something that works.