General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #1  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Something similar to BodyBugg/Go Fit type?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of something similar to the BodyBugg or Go Fit armband calorie counter/calories burned type system that doesn't also require you do pay for a monthly subscription in order to view/keep track of your info?

I really like the concept and think it would be sooo helpful. I'd have to save up as it is to get the equipment, but our budget just wouldn't accomodate another monthly expense, especially on a long-term basis.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

I've not ever heard of anything that compares to the BB/GWF. The good news is that the subscription cost - about a quarter a day, paid monthly, for an annual subscription for GWF - is relatively small compared to the initial cost to acquire.

But someone posted a link to the BodyBugg at Costco.com - on sale for $179 and includes a 12 month subscription!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...atchallpartial

Last edited by hhichick; 01-23-2010 at 10:23 AM.
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Might try a heart rate monitor

I was intrigued by the body bugg when I saw it on TBL - but I am getting the same info from my HR Monitor. Granted I don't wear it all day, but if you add your burn during workout + your BMR (basal metabolic rate) you will arrive at the same figure.

I love my heart rate monitor. The first one I bought was a cheap-o ($40) off of eBay because I wasn't sure I would use it or "utilize" the information very much. Well, its three years later and I have used the old one to death and broken the chest strap so I ordered a nicer one from Polar. I have the green one in this picture.

I love a heart rate monitor because:
1. It comes with a pretty watch I can wear all the time
2. Polar's website is free for tracking your fitness
3. It is a terrific tool to prevent over training your heart
4. It gives me other measures of success rather than just my weight

Just a thought.

HTH,
Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote