South Beach Diet - Yahoo! It's A Beachin' Weekend

View Full Version : Yahoo! It's A Beachin' Weekend

Lexxiss
01-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone:sunny:

It's shaping up to be a good OP weekend here in Snowy Colorado. I've got a few chores left before I pack up the food for our 1st annual pizza free therapy dog meeting. I hope the snow doesn't deter anyone from making the short trip. I'm going to spend some time on the paperwork trail and may even take my shower after a quick dip at the pool. :shrug: We'll see....first on my agenda is :coffee: with my friends.

How is your weekend shaping up? Stop by and chat :cofdate:

cottagebythesea
01-23-2010, 07:12 AM
:coffee: Happy Beachin' Saturday!

Debbie, I love your thread title and your first post of the day, it's so cheery and positive, and great way to start our day. :) I hope the snow doesn't keep people away from the event. What all did you make to take for food? I bet everyone is going to be happy that there's something different instead the same old pizza again.

It's finally light enough to see the sky, and it's looking to be a nice day. We have some wintry weather due tomorrow, so today's the day to be out and about. Jake is wanting to go to breakfast, but that's about all that's on my agenda for today so far. I know how fast that can change though!

What's on everyone's mind on this fine Saturday?

WaistingTime
01-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Hi Debbie! Just you and me this morning? What menu did you decide for your pizza-free meeting?

Today my son leaves to go back to college:( I am pretty sure we won't see him (in person) again until summer.

Tonight we go to a party at someone's house. I know there will be food and assume that it will be stuff I should not and WILL not eat. I will go late and leave early and have dinner beforehand.

Have a great day and weekend all!

Oops - Hi Cottage too! You just popped in there.

Lexxiss
01-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Hi Karen and Cottage! Thanks for asking about the menu. I ordered a nice meat/cheese tray, have only SBD friendly breads, blueberries strawberries and grapes, and I baked SB bran mini muffins, in addition to the inevitable cookie plate. Another gal is bringing veggies and hummus, and a 7 layer mexican salad. We have several vegetarians in our group.

Cottage, enjoy your bf out and whatever else the day brings.

Karen, give your DS great big hugs and send him off into the world. Your party plan sounds great!

I' ll be back after I do my morning exercise/house pick up aerobics.

Ruthxxx
01-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Nice title, Debbie! Makes me feel like Spring. :encore:

Cottage, we have sunshine today and another smash of winter tomorrow BUT the temps are going up to nearly 50 on Monday - with rain. :(

No Bingo for another month. :) They really do knock the best part out of my day - 9:30 to 4:30 yesterday when you count in driving time. Claire did let the dogs out but they sure were lonely and whimpering when I got home. We spent two hours on the couch last night with tummy rubbing and cuddling while watching TV.

No MUSTs on my schedule today. I'll do the WATP tape as I didn't get to the gym yesterday. Then I'll do some quilting and will try to get into my Book Club book.

I hope your weekend is peachy beachy keen. :cofdate:

Oh dear! The fire trucks just went roaring down my road. I guess I'll need to go to the Diner later to get the latest news.

Ruthxxx
01-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Karen! Good morning. I hope you remain strong at the party but remember to have fun.

Heidi58
01-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Good morning :wave:

Debbie, I'm anxious to know what you're serving at the therapy dog meeting, too. I hope you have a great turn out. (I know you'll have a great meal :p)

Cottage, breakfast has always been my favorite meal to eat out - Enjoy! :D
We've got messy weather on the way, too. I've got my fingers crossed that it won't interfere with school on Monday. We're counting the days til the 100th Day of School and all the celebrating that goes along with that..... It's a real pain to have to change the date once families have already been invited.

My friend Gail has grand snowshoeing plans for us today. She's been asking around and found a leg of the snowmobile trail that goes past a small gas station/cafe. They serve breakfast all day, so we can have eggs (the only thing on their menu that's even close to SBD friendly). We'll park her car at one parking area and take mine on to the next so we won't have to do any back tracking. We tried to talk our husbands into coming along but neither one was interested. (Both enjoy snowshoeing - but think today's plan sounds like too much work.) It's probably just as well, they might slow us down. ;) lol JK on that one.

Enjoy your Saturday friends! :hug:

Just previewed and saw all the other posts! :D

Waisting, enjoy the last of your son's visit today. I remember those hard days... being so proud of my kids and so happy for them because they were doing so well and enjoying college so much - but hating that they were soooo far away and that it was sooo long between visits.

Debbie, the menu for this afternoon sounds delicious!

Ruth, Fire trucks? :eek: I hope it's nothing serious. It's 'chimney fire season' around here. :(

femmecreole
01-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Morning all!

Kind of a weird creepy morning. Everything outside is "charcoal" colored and foggy...pretty cool looking actually.

Had a very busy and stressful week at school, but it's one more week down till the summer, right? My buddy who has mesothelioma got some bad news this week. They found a malignat tumor in his lymph node, so it looks like chemo is in his future. Have been researching the best foods for before and after and it looks pretty "beachy". Going to get him a "smoothie" kit today with whey, green superfoods etc to get him a little "umph" before and after the treatments. He was doing so well and they found this when he visited MD Anderson for a routine testing. Not good news, but we have to be positive.

Nothing much planned for the weekend except for school stuff, house cleaning and some Wii fun.

TwynnB
01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Wow, we're up early on the weekend!

Lexiss - have a great time today! Thanks for such a great start to the day.

Cottage - you're going to make me look at the weather, I'm normally in denial. Can I go to breakfast too?

Karen - good luck tonight! I agree, fill up before you go so you're less likely to stray. Enjoy the party! I do not look forward to when my kids go, but that's a 'long' time off....

Ruth - oh dear, hope the neighbors are okay! Enjoy the day!

Heidi - snowshoeing sounds like a lot of fun. My parents bought me CC skis when I was....maybe 14? and I still have them. I would reallllly like to get another pair (I think that's okay after 25 years?!), I LOVED going out there in the silence and beauty. Must be a good workout for you!!

Cat - Hopefully the weekend will be invigorating for you. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he does well with treatments.

Me - Off to work. I'm not looking forward to it...it's a full schedule, and I'm wiped out this week! When I get home, I need to paint more shelves for the pantry (I was going to last night, but the DH told me not to since I was wiped out. Thanks DH!). We cleaned the paint on the floor immediately...you can't see it from a distance (but you can close up). A friend pointed out, well...at least the can didn't dump on my head!!

I got a nice 5.5 mi run in yesterday, I'm hoping to get one in today (but prob won't over guilt of needing to do house stuff), maybe tomorrow. Almost time to plan next weeks menu...my lunches went great by having pre made soup. I need to chop up some veggies for snacks so I stop eating WW crackers.

Have a great weekend!!

Mmckellen
01-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning ladies! Coffee really hit the spot this morning.

Femme, I am so sorry about your friend. My office mate's (I literally share a 10 x 12 office with her) mom is going through chemo and it's been rough. I'm sure those healthy smoothies will be great for him.

Ruth, we are also warming up here. Supposedly it will be 43 today! We have a playdate planned with friends; I'm going to see if they want to go to the zoo.

Debbie, have fun at the party!

Tomorrow morning I have a physical at 8:30am. We get a full physical each year through my husband's union and they do it on weekends too. I can't eat or have coffee :mad: until they take my blood but they are usually pretty prompt about that. I'm going to bring a cheese stick and some almonds with me to eat as soon as I can. They thoughtfully provide the coffee.

Besides the playdate today, I've got to go food shopping and I mean for this to be my first day back at the gym after a LONG absence. I'll do 20 minutes on the rowing machine. That's going to be my goal for the next month: 20 minutes on the rowing machine 4x per week.

CyndiM
01-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Lots of Saturday morning chatting going on around here :)

Debbie - What a fun title, just like you :) I love your meal plan and the way you are steering the get together to healthier choices. Hope everyone enjoys the meal.

Cottage - I've been watching that weather too. Not sure if it will make it this far. It often looks like it will miss us until we wake up to a new forecast. Ah well, I do like these temps a lot more.

Waisting - Great planning for that party. Can you offer to bring something so you know there's something you like?

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect post-bingo day for you :) I know the dogs will love all the extra attention.

Heidi -Ohh, fun plans for the day, I am so jealous :) I wish I had someone to snow shoe with but no luck. Now you have me thinking about it though. Maybe I'll get out for an hour today anyway. Have a wonderful time :)

Cat - Sorry to hear about your friend's news. A good attitude makes a huge difference, and a good friend an even bigger one.
I may just join you on the Wii :)

Twynn - The heck with chores - get out there and run :) The chores will still be there when you get home. That DH is a smart guy ;)

Mmckellen - Happy rowing :) Sounds like it's time for another Challenge thread!

Not sure what our weekend holds. The weather may or may not get dicey tomorrow afternoon. The power company is planning to turn us off early tomorrow morning for 3 hours more or less, so who knows :) We do need to do a Trader Joe's run and that usually includes lunch at our favorite restaurant. We were thinking about seeing Avatar in 3D while down there but I'm not sure I want to commit that much time to sitting.

I'm really enjoying planning my dinners out for the week. I mix quick and not on the list then decide each day based on what time I get out of work and how I feel. I'm also in new recipe mode so lots of surfing and experimenting. Right now Fatfree Vegan Kitchen (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/) is my favorite spot along with some of our recipes here.

It's supposed to be a weigh in day but I'm dreading the scale. Even though I've been on plan and an exercising fiend things just aren't moving. Gotta love hormones. I know there is no Plan B and I just need to keep doing what I'm doing but I'm a wee bit frustrated.

Okay, off to Wii and then get some breakfast. Hope there is some fun, some r&r, and little fitness in your weekend :)

femmecreole
01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Cyndi, speaking of Wii, the other night I was trying once again to keep up with the basic step thing. Every time I do it, I get those messages that say
"You are messing up...just follow the feet, moron!"

So, just for giggles, I tried the advanced step. I nailed it on the first try. Just goes to show how my weird brain and body works..I can do the advanced, but can't do the basic. I'm sure there are facilities that would like to do a brain scan on me.

Thanks for the link to that recipe site...once again looks like you picked a winner. Everything looks very warm and comforting. Wanna try that Creole Eggplant..yum.

WaistingTime
01-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Debbie - that sounds yummy. Is the bran muffin recipe on here? I used to have a great WW one don't think it is SB friendly.

Ruth - Isn't it great that our dogs love us unconditionally? What's the book? Our next one is The Art of Racing in the Rain and I think it might just be about dogs!

Heidi - Sounds like a wonderful plan. I keep trying to picture being on snowshoes! I so agree about our kids and being proud while missing them.

Cat - So sorry about your friend. I asked about the Wii at a store last night and was shocked at how much it would cost me to get all the pieces. We don't own the console anymore... sons sold that off years ago and moved on to Xbox 360.

Twynn- I was wondering how the floor was doing! And that is funny you say that because I was imagining you would have been happier to be paint covered if it saved the floor:)

Mmc - A physical on a Sunday? I have to fast twice a year for my cholesterol blood work. One time they didn't get to me until 10:30. I was starving! Have a great gym workout.

Cyndi - That would be a great idea but this is not that kind of party. That sounds strange as I write it. I wish we had Trader Joe's here! Funny coincidence - when we went to DC in December we hit Trader Joe's AND Avatar! BTW - we couldn't get into 3D and I regret it.

Off to see if DS2 is up yet - he is putting in community service hours today and getting picked up soon.

Lexxiss
01-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Cat, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tough road, yet so good to know he's not alone. Your pic was quite eerie. Enjoy your weekend.

Twynn, I second Cyndi's opinion to get out and run while you can! The other stuff will get done.

Ruth, I'm glad your day isn't scheduled. The bingo gig sounds exhausting. BTW Your quilting talk got me motivated to proceed on my sewing plans; I ordered my serger yesterday it will be here Wednesday. :carrot: I like to make bags and I got some new patterns to try.

Heidi, have fun today. My local diner will serve me a side salad with my omelet. Hope your weather doesn't get too bad.

Mmc, glad to hear you're going back to the gym. I find a realistic exercise plan really helps. Interesting to have a physical on Sunday. Have fun with your friends.

Cyndi, I'm jealous of lunch at your fav restaurant. It's my kind of meal! I don't plan my dinners out for the week, but I'm being more methodical. Maybe my next "challenge"-to plan out and reasonably stick to a weekly plan. Have some Wii fun for me.

Karen, I just took my recipe and modified it using agave/splenda for the sugar, getting SBD ok bran and cutting the oil in half and replacing with yogurt.

CyndiM
01-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Cat - DW and I were joking this morning about hacking into the Wii to shut it up ;) The other night it ratted her out because she hadn't been on in a few days :rofl: Julie, my musician, says it's easier to follow a rhythm if it's faster. I know I do better on the advanced too. It took me a long time to figure out the correct way to step to get it to count them.

Karen - It's about a 90 minute drive to Trader Joe so we go every 6 weeks or so in the winter and plan other fun things in the area. My DD bought us the console for Christmas so the Fit didn't seem like such a big investment. We did decide a few years ago that instead of joining a gym we would buy a few good pieces of equipment for the house. So far we have an elliptical (Old, too cheap), a treadmill, a mini trampoline, a spin bike and now the Wii. Of course I also have lots of DVDs, weights and yoga stuff. It works well for us because we really aren't gym people.

Debbie - Sounds like we need a new challenge. How about the Spring time challenge, start early Feb and go until the first day of spring-ish? We are so luck here, lots of good restaurants and no trouble with any "special" diets - vegetarian, diabetic, healthy, gluten free even.

tammies00
01-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Today is the big Pinewood Derby Day. We went last night and did a test run. I wonder if I can post pics on here. If I can I will post a pic his car. Hubby had the night shift last night. He is a "drill seargent" for the army guys who are just beginning their army careers. He gets them after they go to boot camp. So basically he is a glorified baby sitter. So he will onlly be popping in and out at the race and sleeping the rest of the day.

I am currently enjoying my first phase 2 meal of oatmeal, v8 and a boiled egg.
Debbie Have a great NO Pizza Day!

Cottage I hope you have a nice lazy day! Enjoy your breakfast with Jake.

Karen- Have a great day. You might see your son before summer. He might need to grocery shop at home or do laundry! I know I always came home for those kinds of things!! Cause my dad would do my laundry!

Ruth- I have always wanted to quilt. I just don't have the time at this tiem in my life. I do knit though.

Heidi Great Snowskiing plan!

Cat- Sorry about your friend. The pic looks a little spooky!

Tammy- I wanna be a runner like you.
Cyndi- I enjoy meal planning too. Hubby thinks I am nuts but I like it.

Have a great day

Tammie

Kim_Star060404
01-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Good morning, everyone! After our almost-sleepless night last night, we slept in this morning. It's pouring rain right now, which is a blessing, but I hope that it slows down soon as we have quite a few errands to run today. Well, I need to get going. DH and I are having our budget projection meeting and possibly also planning a weekend getaway in March. Yay!!

tomandkara
01-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Debbie, have fun at your meeting! I read your menu yesterday and it sounded fantastic! Great job on the shopping!

Linda, have fun at Cracker Barrel! I miss Cracker Barrel.

Karen, I really like your idea of eating first-hand and then arriving late to the party! I am going to steal that one.

Ruth, I hope everyone is OK, what with the fire trucks racing past and all. Enjoy your day of no musts!

Heidi, your snowshoeing adventure sounds like such fun! I've only snowshoed once, when we climbed Mt. Rainier. It was fun to use them like sleds on the way down!

Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. You are such a nice person to go get the smoothie makings for him!

Tammy, I'm glad the paint came up most of the way. It IS a good thing that can didn't fall on your head! I am also doing the housework-before-exercise thing today. I hope to be able to get to the gym this afternoon but it isn't looking hopeful, as my Christmas decorations still need to be put away and it's 3:42 p.m.!

Mmckellen, have fun at the gym! I've never done the rowing machine. Is that something you really enjoy?

Cyndi, my scale was reporting a one pound gain this morning. I don't understand how when I have my insides pouring out, the scale thinks I'm heavier. Again, sometimes I hate being a girl!

Tammie, Connor had his Pinewood Derby this morning, too. We had to leave in the middle to get to his basketball game, and by the time we got back the races were finished. His car did not do too well, but he only worked on it for about a total of two hours so I am not super surprised. Had we not had to make the trip back home, he would have been able to plan it out better. Fortunately, our AWANA program also does a pine car race, and theirs is in the spring, so he will have another shot.

Kim, where are you going in March?

I am in a cruddy mood today because my nerves are short and I want chocolate and I am shedding uterine lining. I need to do a clean-up around the house so chores this week don't take too long but clearly I am not motivated, as I'm on here reading about everyone else's days instead of getting to it. I have stuck to plan all day (Shut UP, hormones!) and I will for the rest of the day, too. Tom is making dinner tonight and he's doing salmon so I will have leftover butternut squash soup, which I love. Or maybe a garden burger since he's making asparagus on the side and that would go well. In fact, maybe I'll have a cup of soup with a garden burger and the asparagus. OK, it's settled then. Thank you for your input.

I am off to clean. Blech.

WaistingTime
01-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Debbie - I may have to dig out a recipe. I could use the extra fiber; I am tired of beans:( A muffin sounds much more appealing.

Cyndi - The nearest TJ to me is 4 hours away:( We have a whole facebook group trying to get them interested in coming here. So far no luck. I am still going to look into the Wii when my bday rolls around. My gym routine is great but maybe this will get me exercising in the afternoon instead of snacking.

Tammie - Sadly, DS is at college too far away for laundry and groceries. He is in PA and I am in KS. But he is great about staying connected with facebook, texts, calls, and skype. Honestly, I think it is better for both of us that he chose to go away to school. BTW - he won his first Pinewood Derby years ago with a horribly put-together car. Maybe the secret is having only 3 wheels touch the track! He's and Eagle Scout now.

Kim - Where are you planning to get away to?

Kara - I'm right there with you - probably why I have been so darn emotional this week. I forget about that part. I got weepy talking with my DH about buying a new computer! I resorted to the internet and shopping to keep from eating yesterday.

Off to elliptical today. Then errands. Then airport with DS.

femmecreole
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Kara, if you need chocolate (man, I remember those hormone days!)
Do you have any raw cocoa around? Maybe a smoothie with some cocoa powder added may calm your nerves and be soothing? My thoughts are when you need chocolate, you NEED chocolate!!

Not too long ago I found some superfoods green powder with chocolate...good stuff.

Pearlrose
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello everyone,

Debbie, your menu sounds fantastic, enjoy your meeting

Linda, glad you don't have a lot on your agenda today, enjoy.

Karen, great planning for the party- I know it's gotta be hard to send your DS off to college. My DS wants to live here while going to college, he has basically only applied to all of the Universitys in our area. I am sure having a Sophomore as a girlfriend has something to do with it.

Ruth, aaah that is so sweet you spending time with the poochs last night to make up from being gone.

Heidi, have fun snowshoeing today

Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That is nice of you to do food research for him.

Tammy, glad to hear that almost all of the paint came up. First thing I did when I woke up was exercise, I knew I wouldn't get it in otherwise. Hopefully work will go quickly for you todya.

Mmckellen, have fun at the gym!

Cyndi, my scale didn't move at all this week, maybe tomorrow. It is frustrating especially when you are doing everything right, I guess that what getting older does.

Tammie, How did the Pinewood Derby race go? I remember those days from Boy Scouts and Awana as well.

Kim, hopefully your budget will allow your getaway in March.

As for me- I woke up alittle before 7 a.m. throw on my workout clothes and did a workout and then made breakfast for everyone and then took DD1 to her Ortho appt and did some errands. Now back home and have to tackle the household chores. Took DD2 to see the ToothFairy last night she really enjoyed it.

BellaLucia
01-23-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm having a good weekend. My only concern is finding a job.

Ruthxxx
01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
It has been an exciting day! I went down to the diner to get the poop about the fire - just a chimney - and one of the firemen asked me for a snowmobile ride! OMG was it ever fun - almost as much as a motorcycle.
I could become addicted. Now I'm home and warming up with a tea and another log in the stove.

KatehSparrow
01-23-2010, 03:14 PM
That sounds really exciting, Ruth!

Today has been pretty good so far. Been packing for the past 2 hours so I'm taking a short break. Going back to school tomorrow. I'm a little paranoid about how much stuff I'm bringing back (1 body-bag sized duffle, a small duffle and a little rolly duffle) because I definitely feel like I didn't bring this much stuff home. Hmmm. Mystery.

I already have plans to head out to Target to stock my fridge with healthy things tomorrow afternoon!

Now back to packing...

tammies00
01-23-2010, 03:38 PM
ds won first place at his level. He is a bear scout. He didn't place in the finally though.

Tammie

Kim_Star060404
01-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Hey everyone! It's been a bit of a lazy day so far. DH and I had a great "meeting". The budget is on track and looking great. Our goal is to get everything under control enough so that I could quit my job with just two weeks' notice if anything came up and we're planning on being there by the end of the year. I'm REALLY excited about that! We also are going through a book called "The Ten Commandments of Marriage" together and we had a good looooong talk about some of the things in chapter 1. It was really enjoyable and resulted in some great revelations.

We're planning on heading to Ruidoso again in March and again in August this year. It'll be for each of our birthdays and just a long weekend trip. I can't wait to go! I become more convinced every day that we'll end up retiring there or at least build/buy a vacation cabin in the area.

Well, I'm off to get some housework done before my workout. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far!

tomandkara
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Karen, hope the weepiness subsides quickly!

Cat, thanks for the idea! I actually had a little revelation this evening. I really wanted chocolate chip cookies but then I asked myself why I wanted chocolate chip cookies and I decided it was because I thought they would taste good. Then I asked myself how I'd feel if I ate any and I decided I'd feel guilty and probably have a stomach ache. So I don't feel like having chocolate chip cookies any more. Or just not as much. :)

Rose, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the movie. It must've been fun for your daughter to have a fun day with Mommy!

FO, I'm glad your weekend is going well! What kind of job are you looking for?

Oh my word, Ruth, first a fairy nymph costume and now a snowmobile ride??? You are fun!

Kate, what are you in school for?

Kim, your enthusiasm is infectious! I think my mood improved just from reading your post!

jenne1017
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Evening all.

Boy I had a rought two days. I was out sick Wed and Thursday (ischemic colitis rears, ha!, its ugly head again) and Thursday decided to work from home again. Well a coworker YELLED AT ME on the phone when I made myself available to help. Apparently it wasn't enough. It was a full 3 minutes of yelling too. Well I called my boss and she didn't get back to me for an HOUR -- an hour filled of frustration and crying. I was ready to EAT! Instead...I took a warm shower, awaited her call and calmed down. I went in on Friday to talk to my boss' boss but he wasn't in so he called and we spoke and it's apparently going to be dealt with.

In spite (despite?) or it all, I stayed OP and even took my DW out to dinner to celebrate her DOUBLE promotion (she might be laid off March 1 but it's a good promotion for her resume). We went to, gulp, Tokyo Japanese Steak House where they cook in front of you? I was so proud. I got double veggies with chicken and steak and asked him to go easy on the sauce/butter/oil he cooked with (and he did). No fried rice, no white rice. No alcohol.

I went to bed early and woke up late today and have been doing my grad school homework for 7 hours straight now.

I wish I had gone food shopping because aside from my light baby bell cheese, almonds and chicken breast burger today, I've had nothing. I think I had some lettuce, chick peas and cucumbers I can throw together with a veggie burger. Just scared to eat veggies!

Hey why is it that I didn't drop 5 pounds in a reward for eating so well last night :lol3:

Have a good weekend chickies!

jenne1017
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Cat- very cool picture BTW!

WaistingTime
01-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Jenn:) I wondered how you were doing. Sorry your week was so rough. 10 pounds is great! I had no idea that you could ask those steak house chefs to go easy on the bad stuff; my boys love those places. What are you going to school for?

I am hanging out at my computer because it keeps me from eating!

jenne1017
01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Karen -- they were shocked when I said, "no rice" so I told them despite my looks, I was watching what I ate and so he made a "joke" of it and put butter on all else's and said "baby butter for you" and put the tiniest amount. Haha.

I am getting my masters in Political Management and doing it through George Washington University online. More convenient for me to do everything at night or on the weekends unlike going into class :)

Ok really going to finally shower, get out of my PJs (and back into clean ones maybe) and go make something for dinner!

WaistingTime
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I just read this on facebook and thought some of you might appreciate it as much as I did:

Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater, give her sperm she will make a baby, give her a house she will give you a home, give her groceries she will give you a meal, give her a smile she will give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what she is given. So if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of ****... Pass it along if you agree

jenne1017
01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
hahaha Karen. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "A woman is like a tea bag - you only know her strength until you put her in hot water!"

Mmckellen
01-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Good morning ladies! ((Yawn)) I'm coffeeless as I have my physical this am so no food or coffee for me until after they draw blood. I bought a turkey breast at the supermarket so I'm going to cook that today so we'll have fresh turkey all week. After my physical, I'll come home and do some food prep for the week and then there is a playdate possibility, although my son had a cold yesterday and I don't know if he'll be up for it. Send some coffee vibes my way - I probably won't get to have a cup until 9am or so.

cottagebythesea
01-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Good morning, Mmc. I'll oblige and drink your coffee for you this morning. :) I hope you don't have to wait around too long for your physical and can enjoy a cup of the real thing soon.

Jake and I went shopping for a wii yesterday. He said he'd buy my one as an early anniversary present, but I'd have to buy the wii fit plus myself. That sounded reasonable. We had to go to 5 stores to finally find one and that took up all morning, and we spent the rest of the day getting it hooked up and playing with it. What fun! I was really surprised and disappointed to see it has me in the obese range, though. That will be a big motivator to get me to work out!

I made that mock cornbread casserole for supper last night, using soy crumbles and it was really good! I doubled the cornbread amount and baked it in a 9 X 12 baking dish, and it made a lot, so I'll be having leftovers for lunches all week.

CyndiM
01-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Mmc - Hope the coffee arrives soon :)

Cottage - That Wii does have a big mouth ;) Glad you are having fun with it. I am definitely using it more than I thought I would.
Love your idea (and Kara's?) to double the cornbread part of that casserole. I think I'll add that to the upcoming list.

Jenne - Congratulations for staying on plan through everything this week.

Kim - Glad you got a little slow and easy time in yesterday :)

Kateh - Happy return to school

Ruth - you are a wild woman :)

Well today is our at home house cleaning day, so not much excitement. Turns out we will only be home for dinner together 2 night this week so I have meals planned further ahead than I realized. I'm going to make a pot of soup for the week. It will be good for lunches and dinners those nights we just grab something quick and easy.

We have a storm coming in those afternoon. Looks like it will be more rain than ice, messy but good.

How is your day shaping up?

Ruthxxx
01-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Hope the physical goes quickly Mmc. (Do you have another name?) I find going without coffee very difficult.

Cottage, how dare the darn thing call you obese! Stupid machine! Enjoy the time playing today. Does this mean the exercise bike will be lonely?

My darn mouse keeps getting disconnected which is most frustrating. I have tried cordless mice but they drive me nuts with all the whizzing around. I may tape the connector into the slot to keep it connected.

Church at 8:30 this morning and I think I'll take Disney. She hasn't been to Church for a while and needs it for the socialization. Jazz will cry when we leave as he's a real sucky baby who wants to be with Disney all the time.

Not sure if I'll go to town this afternoon or leave it until tomorrow. Methinks it should be today because we have 100% POP of rain tomorrow. I'd like to get a big corkboard for my quilting room and have Paul put it up when he comes on Tuesday to do some minor touch-ups.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you do. :cofdate:

ETA: Thanks for the reminder, Cyndi. I need to replenish my soup stash. I'm thinking black bean as I have a frozen smoked pork hock to use up. I'm planning on having an empty upstairs freezer before I start the spring and summer "putting food by" routine.

WaistingTime
01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Good morning all!

Mmc - That turkey sounds great!

Cottage - I can't wait to see how you like the Wii. Still toying with the idea myself. I'd have to buy the console too:(

Cyndi - I love soup and am inspired to make some too; great idea.

Ruth - Your dog to church?!

DS1 made it safely back to school last night. I always worry about him having to change planes and missing a connection. DS2 has a friend sleeping over and they are in the basement so DH and I can't exercise until the sleeping beauties wake up. That could be afternoon!

Going to watch one of my former cub scouts (I was a leader for 5 years) get his Eagle award today. Then basketball for DS2. I am learning that being out of the house helps my diet!

Yesterday felt like a Sunday. I wonder what today will feel like when the day finally gets rolling.

Have a fabulous day all:)

Lexxiss
01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Hello early birds! Cottage, you can have my coffee, too, this AM. I had already started a pot of Organic Rose Hip Tea when I started reading posts. Mmc, we'll be coffee-free together.

Mmc, I hope you have a great day after you finally get the inconveniences aside. Did you get to the zoo yesterday? I saw turkey breasts on sale this week-it must be national.

Cottage, another Wii girl :lol: It sounds like you're really going to enjoy it. Let me know when you all find out how to shut it up and I might think about it again. I've been thinking about the mock CB, but it'll have to wait a week.

Hi Ruth, the corkboard sounds great. I love those kinds of projects. Enjoy your day and quilt with a passion because before we know it the earth will be calling our names.

I woke up today ready to do my Spring cleanse. I know I'm pushing it, but it's a hassle free week and I'd like to complete it before going to the Hopi Res. for the spring rituals in mid Feb.

So, on that note, I'm off to start my Green Lentil Cleansing Soup (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-1/176849-green-lentil-soup-cleansing.html) and finish my address book project so I can begin cleaning out a space for my new serger.

ETA
Hi Cyndi and Karen :wave: Happy Sunday!

cottagebythesea
01-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Cyndi, I'm going to rename my wii and call it "sassy", and it's picking on me! I've just been mostly playing with it so far and sampling the workouts, but today I'll get serious with it. I'll show it what I think about it calling me nasty names! That storm is supposed to start happening here later today, but it's going to be all rain, too, and we're supposed to reach 60* tomorrow. :)

Ruth, you're going to make poor Jazz very sad, not taking him along to church. :( You're going to have to give him some extra loving and cuddling when you get back! I love my cordless mouse. Did you have any trouble using mine while you were here? I hope the tape trick works.

ETA: Morning, Debbie & Karen! Looks like we're all waking up now.

Heidi58
01-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Good morning ladies! :wave:

I slept in a little today, I got tired out snowshoeing yesterday. lol

Cottage, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your wii - I believe we're going shopping for one today, also as an anniversary gift. lol (Our anniversary is Tuesday.) I've been drooling over them since November but kept finding other things to spend our money on instead. ;) But that storm is headed here tomorrow, with rain and highs in the 40's so that's going to do a job on my snow and keep me away from my snowshoes for a while. :(

Ruth, your snowmobile ride sounds pretty cool. :D I love unexpected fun. :D
We used to go out often with friends (we'd use their second machine) but to be honest the only part of the rides I really enjoyed was when we stopped for coffee. :lol: It was too cold and too fast for a wimp like me. I'd rather plod along on my snowshoes or cross country skiis.

Mmc, hope you've had your breakfast by now and are feeling good... I wish I could find a doc who would make appointments on the weekend. At least I teach school so I can schedule my appointments on vacation days.

Cyndi, were you able to make some time for your snowshoes yesterday? Sounds like the weather won't be very good for snowshoeing for a while after this storm goes through. :(

Jenn, sorry to read you've been under the weather. :hug: I hope you're feeling as good as new very soon.

Karen, I was glad to read that your DS arrived safe and sound - my daughter will be 28 in July but when she flies I just can't relax til she phones to tell me she's safely home.

Hello to the rest of you, too! Enjoy your Sunday!

femmecreole
01-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Cottage, we named our Wii "Le Oui"!!!
Me and Le Oui had a little dissagreement yesterday. I redid the body test and it went from 56 to 62 and I told it that it was full of it. So I redid it again and it told me 29. Ha! call me a fat unbalanced old lady... I threatened to remove it's hard drive! Actually that test is just plain stupid. The one where you point the remote and click on the numbers...the remote was too close to the tv so it wouldn't point or click at all and I came off looking like an idiot. stupid wii.

Nothing much happening today. Have to go to the grocery store and do 2 more powerpoints and clean this house. Nasty and rainy here this morning and Saints mania abounds. I'm not much of a football fan, but wore my Saints shirt on Friday so I could wear jeans to school. Every teacher and student in the whole parish wore Saints shirts on Friday. It was a black and gold explosion.

Haven't made meatloaf in a while, so may do that today. And maybe a pot of black beans...who knows.
Or maybe a better idea would be that lentil soup. My meyer lemons are all ripe and it would be a great way to use the rinds. Don't want to waste a single cell of those precious lemons!

Oh, and Kate...be careful going back to school! It is amazing how much you look like my youngest son's girlfriend!

Chelby29
01-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Happy Sunday from Rainy Remlap!

We have a line of thunderstorms moving through. It's probably a bad idea to have my laptop sitting in my lap. Oh well... ;)

There is nothing exciting going on around here. We went to a flea market and a few thrift stores yesterday. Auston was the only one who found prizes -- games for his XBox. I can get motion sick just watching those silly games! :lol:

Cat: WHO DAT?!?

Pearlrose
01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Good morning everyone,

Mmc- Glad you are getting your packing done early- then you can enjoy the rest of your day until you have to leave.

Cottage- You are making me want a Wii more now :) Maybe I will get one for my Anniversary in April- I did buy Jillian's 30 day shred yesterday to add to my video collection I will try it later today. I am a bit sore this morning from doing the BL video yesterday morning, but a good sore.

Cyndi- hope you get all your house cleaning chores done today and good on you for having planned your meals so far in advance I am more of a day to day planner but I do plan it out in my head as far as groceries. I may have to try that cornbread recipe as well just need a couple of ingredients to try it out.

Ruth- your adventure yesterday sounded like fun- have a good time at church with Disney.

Karen- glad your DS made it safely to college. Have a good day today

Debbie- hope you get your spring cleaning started today, one thing I have realized is I need a garage sale because we have a lot of junk stashed away.

As for today, I need to go get ready for church in a couple of minutes. DH has been sick for a few days and has not left our room or bed, luckily I haven't catched any germs haha.

Have a nice day everyone

jenne1017
01-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I am up late and awaiting DW to get back from church with my coffee. Until then, it's back to the grind on my last LONG assignment. UGH!

rdw1
01-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone- will catch up with the personals later hopefully! Going to work on the dreaded closets this morning, I have been putting it off for weeks. I have so much crap in my closet that I can't fit into- yet. I will be able to in 10-20lbs so I am moving them to a clothing rack that is where i will be going shopping in a couple months... lol. I do have a few things that are too big and anything worth selling I will put on EBay and the other stuff will just be shipped off to goodwill... I need to go through my shoes as well but thats a whole other issue- I don't need that much trauma in a day ;0)

WaistingTime
01-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Debbie. I had to read that twice! I pictured you cleaning house, not your insides:)

Good morning Heidi. Another Wii convert? Can't wait to hear how you like it.

Cat - How was the shrimp creole? I was never a meatloaf fan until I tried a WW recipe. But my boys will not touch it! When I do make it I like to make mini-loaves.

Chelby - I always think twice before showering during storms but do it anyways. Hopefully neither of us will get zapped!

Pearl - Hope you stay healthy and that DH gets well soon.

Good morning busy Jenn.

Rikki - I hate cleaning closets but love when I have done it. Mine is way too small. (Closet and clothes...ha ha.) I vow to do a good cleaning out when I reach my goal weight - both the fat clothes and the ones I will never be skinny enough for again.

The sun is shining here for the first time in about a week. Yeah! Teens still asleep in my basement but I am going to wake them up soon so I can get my exercise done already. Did I ever sleep that late?

About that Wii - it strikes me as so funny how a video game has made it to the wish lists of all ages of women:) Who'd have thunk it?

tomandkara
01-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Jenn, you are awesome! I often think we should be rewarded with massive weight losses when we have will power. It sounds like a fantastic idea to me, but my scale doesn't agree. :(

Karen, that quote is hilarious!

Mmckellen, hope the physical is quick and painless!

Linda, I just had the leftovers from that beef casserole recipe for dinner tonight. I had it for lunch yesterday, too. It keeps well as leftovers! Yum!

Cyndi, what kind of soup are you making? I'm going to try a garlic soup this week. It won't be much in the way of substance, but it sure sounds good!

Ruth, I hope you get into town to get your corkboard. Sounds like a great idea for the quilting room!

Debbie, are you Hopi? What is the Spring Cleanse?

Heidi, I'm glad you had a nice showshoeing trip with your friend!

Cat, you're funny with your Wii dialogue!

Chelby, glad you've had a relaxing weekend!

Rose, we desperately need to do a garage sale this spring, too. I have lots of stuff in great shape that could fetch decent prices and it's all cluttering up my one storage area!

We had our usual busy Sunday - church at 9:00 and then Sunday School right after. We grabbed lunch (family had pizza and I had a salad - yay me!) and then went to AWANA. Got back home at 4:38, which is a record. Usually we get home after 5:00! Tom made waffles for dinner but I had leftovers (yay me!). Now I want chocolate chip cookies again. Arg. I really hate hormones. I am hiding in my room, away from the kitchen. Not that I have any chocolate chip cookies anyway, but this way I can't eat anything else.

I am excited for tomorrow, though. My girls are going to be starting in a martial arts class. Connor already takes the class and the instructor recently started a new class for younger kids. He had such an overwhelming response that he is starting a second class for the little guys and he told me on Thursday that he's looking for someone from his adult class to help him out with the kids. I told him I'd do it if he needed somebody but that I understood if he wanted someone specifically from the martial arts class. I figured I'd have to be there anyway so I might as well help out. Well, the e-mail he sent today said that he'd love to have me help out AND he's going to let the girls take the class for free! That is awesome! Their class will be on Wednesdays but the class that's already running is on Mondays and he wants us to come for the next few weeks so we can get a feel for what they're up to.

femmecreole
01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Karen the Shrimp Creole was ****mmmm****.
Plenty left over for my husband to take some for lunch today and me tomorrow. I had it on brown rice last night, but I'm soaking some bulgar down right now to add lemon, parsley and olive to, and will have my leftovers on top that at work tomorrow.

Chips from a machine for lunch???..bah!!!!!!

Lexxiss
01-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Kara, I'm not Hopi, but The Bean Dance anticipates the planting season, and the forced sprouting of beans symbolizes the good crops to come. I guess that's why I'm thinking Spring. Spring, early summer, and fall are the best times to cleanse according to
ayurveda and Chinese medicine....so I'm just moving to lighter foods and giving my body a break...no cheese or meat this week. It will be a lot warmer in Arizona (hopefully) then it is here.

It's so busy here today I can't keep track of everyone. :wave: :wave: I'd better go have some lunch.