Dieting with Obstacles - Hysterectomy and weight loss

View Full Version : Hysterectomy and weight loss

Hopeful2010
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
hello! i had a partial hysterectomy 10 weeks ago. i've heard so many stories about women not being able to lose weight after a hysterectomy. i would love to lose 40lbs this year, and have already loss 6 within the last 3 weeks.

any success stories with weight loss after a hysterectomy? just something to keep me motivated and HOPEFUL!:hug:

thanks!:smug:

srmb60
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I was a year in September. Yup, other than taking longer than I thought to feel like my old self again. It's been fine.

The big difference would be with ovary removal. I still have one so there were no extraordinary hormonal fluctuations.

ANewCreation
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
I had a radical hysterectomy (due to endocervical cancer) about 7 years ago.

I started my wt. loss journery in the summer of 2009 and so far I've lost 53#.So, no, I don't think I'm having any problems with wt. loss as far as a hysterectomy goes. Considering I'm 49, I think I'm doing very well and I don't see any reason you won't either.

Listen to SusanB--it takes longer than you think to get back to feeling like your old self. Follow your doctor's advice and certainly don't over do it. It's not worth the set back. Ask me how I know..... ;)